• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, looking forward to Hearthstone 2

New engine and UI, transfer over your collection.

Anyone else feel Tirion is overpowered as hell in the right hands?

Doesn't even have to be the right hands. A half decent start and curve will make you run away with the game.

He's a different way to play but he's too strong in the current game state. I'd expect him to be rotated out rather than adjusted.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tirion is definitely busted. With that said, I just came in 7th with him lol. And the next game I got 2nd with Millhouse........

.....wut

Another game today I died at 35 health. I couldn't do anything but laugh at that shit.

yesterday i got 8th place with tyrion, I totally blame a piss poor RNG, every single reroll didn't have a tribeless unit. I was furious.

how the hell you lose at 35 health??? never seen that happen

Oct 25, 2017
yesterday i got 8th place with tyrion, I totally blame a piss poor RNG, every single reroll didn't have a tribeless unit. I was furious.

how the hell you lose at 35 health??? never seen that happen
Guy had a Baron and the last unit that died on his side was a golden Kangor that spawned some Foe Reapers and some Sneed's I believe. I just remember all of them being 6 star units (besides Baron) and he was level 6. Yeah he actually went way over my health total.

Edit: got curious and looked to see if anyone on YouTube had done that. Savjz did 45 before. Go to 22:20 I think. That's pretty much what happened to me. https://youtu.be/bK2TRx4Xwfg

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
today I jumped from rank 8 to 5, honestly, I'm surprised highlander mage is so good. it can deal with most board and I could overcome most of the times the aggro decks on the climb, which were most of the decks I faced today.

APXvoid's list is pretty amazing

Guy had a Baron and the last unit that died on his side was a golden Kangor that spawned some Foe Reapers and some Sneed's I believe. I just remember all of them being 6 star units (besides Baron) and he was level 6. Yeah he actually went way over my health total.
that's amazing.... and terrifying.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
So I guess there's some French player that said something along the lines of "they announced more in 15 minutes than they have since 2013." Kibler also said he's "super hyped" for this year.

I'm really trying to not get my hopes up but seeing all these long time player gets genuinely excited again is making it pretty tough lol.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess there's some French player that said something along the lines of "they announced more in 15 minutes than they have since 2013." Kibler also said he's "super hyped" for this year.

I'm really trying to not get my hopes up but seeing all these long time player gets genuinely excited again is making it pretty tough lol.

giphy.gif

Give in to the hype.

Oct 25, 2017
I love having the perfect start in battlegrounds. Get to play against Yogg on turn 1, Rafaam on 2, AFK on 3, Sindragossa on 4, and I have George as my hero :D :D :D
What more can you ask for?!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Heroes should be rebalanced. With some you're playing like you don't have an HP at all while some have really strong ones.

Yogg for example: you get an early advantage while in late game it's pretty much useless. George is the opposite, assuming you don't go mechs his HP in late game is incredibly useful.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Heroes should be rebalanced. With some you're playing like you don't have an HP at all while some have really strong ones.

Yogg for example: you get an early advantage while in late game it's pretty much useless. George is the opposite, assuming you don't go mechs his HP in late game is incredibly useful.
Heroes should be rebalanced, sure. Not sure whether George/Yogg should be though. Maybe.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see them rotate the heroes like they started doing. Tirion, Yogg, and Rafaam can drop out for a bit, for example.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see them rotate the heroes like they started doing. Tirion, Yogg, and Rafaam can drop out for a bit, for example.

they will probably keep that model, I think they slowed things down, both in nerfs and changes to BGs because they are prepping for the announcement of next HS year, but I bet next patch will come with all the changes.

Someone announce or leak this summit stuff. I need it now.

I'm extremely anxious, but I feel next week, either tuesday or thursday we will find out at least some things

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that we will not find much out until next month at the earliest. We just had a content drop. We will definitely get a new expansion by the end of April. They may not start hyping the new set until late next month. And my guess is we get that information a little before the next set announcement to avoid them dropping too much announcements all at once.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that we will not find much out until next month at the earliest. We just had a content drop. We will definitely get a new expansion by the end of April. They may not start hyping the new set until late next month. And my guess is we get that information a little before the next set announcement to avoid them dropping too much announcements all at once.

they have historically released sets at the beggining of april, announced a month before that, so I totally expect the announcement of the new expansion in 2 week, 3 at most.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Turn 2 Rafaam gets awkward when your opponent is disconnected. I ended up leveling. Encountered him 2 more times which was good because free turn but also no minion off HP.

At one point I was at 10HP and 2nd place out of 7. Ended up finishing 2nd; lost the last fight by one minion at 1HP.

Hoping the heroes rotate soon because the same ones are in every game.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Generally, yes. I would say you don't even necessarily need to level on 3 if you have a good potential buy opportunity.

gotcha, I've been playing rafaam wrong all this time and it makes sense why..

While true, they just finished a content drop so there is that confounding factor.

it might change the schecule, but honestly i don't think the cards released had shaken the meta so much to have enough lasting impact to delay the expansion and the devs must know that

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
For some heroes with a 1 cost HP it makes more sense to buy+HP instead of level on Turn 2. Edwin, Tirion, etc.

It does make Turn 3 awkward: you likely want to level for 3 gold to avoid falling too far behind, but then you're left with 2 gold. You can sell a token to buy without using the HP, or you can HP and refresh.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For some heroes with a 1 cost HP it makes more sense to buy+HP instead of level on Turn 2. Edwin, Tirion, etc.

It does make Turn 3 awkward: you likely want to level for 3 gold to avoid falling too far behind, but then you're left with 2 gold. You can sell a token to buy without using the HP, or you can HP and refresh.
really good advice, thanks a lot, I knew I was missing something with tyrion and rafaam, that 1 gold HP means I need to think differently about them

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
when is Tirion gonna get hit by that nerf hammer, he is way to easy to win with.
87365884_2498444600430676_8491707049262972928_n.png

Or buff jaraxxus.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poly and Attrix are 2 Hearthstone italian streamers that attended the Hearthstone summit and they had a Q&A session on their instagram
Poly
• Quality of the cards? Good quality of the cards, new archetypes, reinterpretation of some mechanics
• Did Blizzard take f2p players into consideration? Yes, big improvements for F2p and for the cost of the game
• Will the meta change? Yes for the rotation, for new exp and there will be other news that will help this
• Which class attracts you most? Hunter , there will be a fusion of 2 mechanics that works great
• Fears about the news? There is a super Op card
• Lock? I did not like it
• Mage? it's the most fun class
• Priest? It will suck
• Warrior? A tank
• Rogue? I lost 8 games in a row against it
• Shaman? Some cards op others bad 7/10
• More fun class for you? Hunter
• Druid? Undertone even if there are 2 or 3 op cards
• Paladin? Will have a "new identity" that impressed me a lot 8/10
• Is the new exp balanced? Yes except two or 3 cards
• Is the new mechanic cool? It's very skillbased
Attrix
• Which is the class that will sucks the most? Priest
• Which class have you played the most? Mage, is super fun
• Will highlander decks continue to find play? I believe and hope so
• Leeroy in hall of fame? We have been playing it for 20 years ...
• News for BG? Yes and they surprised me (Attrix hasn't played Battlegrounds in a while)
• Do you agree with what Frodan said? No

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
glad i read this... It makes me have my expectations in check. No such idea as HS 2 or anything crazy like that.

Frodan's tweet is quite dangerous actually, it can mislead expectations.
And one streamer disagreeing with what Frodan thinks also can mislead expectations. Just wait and see and don't believe or assume anything until it's announced.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And one streamer disagreeing with what Frodan thinks also can mislead expectations. Just wait and see and don't believe or assume anything until it's announced.

yeah but overall is better to have lower expectations that high, one surprises, the other angry the viewers. Nintendo Direct speculation thread are full of that example. Frodan's tweet I'm sure he believes what he says, I've known him and followed his opinions on HS for years, but I also know he (just like me) is quite passionate about the game, more than the average player

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
yeah but overall is better to have lower expectations that high, one surprises, the other angry the viewers. Nintendo Direct speculation thread are full of that example. Frodan's tweet I'm sure he believes what he says, I've known him and followed his opinions on HS for years, but I also know he (just like me) is quite passionate about the game, more than the average player
He's also very critical when the situation calls for it and can truly convey his own feelings. He says what he thinks. I'm just saying that now the comments by the Italian streamers are taking at face value, just read the Reddit comments, alot of people going: 'It's smaller than BG update? Ugh, that's not enough', 'Xd more deck slots is what we'll get!' or the simple: 'Whelp, better keep my expectations in check, guess Fordan was blowing things out of proportion'.

We went from a community hopeful for the new year to a community already dooming the game based on these comments. 'Sounds like just more cards, meh', come on. It's sad that people can't help but go from one extreme to the other. It's why these vague comments suck in the first place.

EDIT: Wait and see approach is always the best way to go, but the overreactions are sad to see. Especially when Frodan is not the only one excited about the plans presented.

Oct 25, 2017
I argued they are not reinventing hearthstone. But it seems like some people were convinced they were based on Frodans tweet? What those 2 players said was not a reality check, it was nothing as far as I can tell. Do you agree with Frodan? Frodan barely said basically nothing substantive to begin with. Dunno how people manage to get so hyped based on no information and then now memeing because 2 streamers said what looks like about as much as anyone else has said - nothing. We already knew there would be a new set, probably new mechanics, and priest would suck.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's also very critical when the situation calls for it and can truly convey his own feelings. He says what he thinks. I'm just saying that now the comments by the Italian streamers are taking at face value, just read the Reddit comments, alot of people going: 'It's smaller than BG update? Ugh, that's not enough', 'Xd more deck slots is what we'll get!' or the simple: 'Whelp, better keep my expectations in check, guess Fordan was blowing things out of proportion'.

We went from a community hopeful for the new year to a community already dooming the game based on these comments. 'Sounds like just more cards, meh', come on. It's sad that people can't help but go from one extreme to the other. It's why these vague comments suck in the first place.

EDIT: Wait and see approach is always the best way to go, but the overreactions are sad to see. Especially when Frodan is not the only one excited about the plans presented.
oh I am hopeful for sure, if last year is any indication for this year they I'll for sure have a blast, but having that check in spectations is something I actually appreciate. Part of me deep inside was going wild with what they could announce, that's not good.

Oct 26, 2017
gDB4D8q.png

Was stuck at 8500-8900 for two fucking weeks. About time I got past it.. I think I'm topped out cause I already damn well know I'm going to drop back down... =(

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
at least you are high. This past week I lost about 500 ranking. I was at 6K...

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what.

Status
Not open for further replies.