• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Pick Deathwing, reroll for Rat Pack, climb to 5, build out a really strong beast deck, knock a dragon Alex to 1 HP, be at 40HP until top 4, last opponent is of course the Alex and I lose to his divine shield buff dragons. Argh.

Oh and dupe protection is awesome. No more having 4 copies of a nerfed card.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
They didn't announce it but when you log in the reverts are live apparently.

Raza back down to 0 cost hero power.
Call of the Wild back to 8 mana.
Yogg reverted.
Sludge Slurper back to 2 attack.
Spiteful Summoner back to 6 mana.
Lesser Emerald Spellstone back to 5 mana.

You also get Kael'thas upon logging in.

Pre-purchase is 55 packs, golden legendary and card back for $50 or 90 packs, golden legendary, card back, 4 arena tickets, something about bonuses for the "Tavern Pass" for Battlgrounds and Lady Vashj Shaman hero for $80.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
They didn't announce it but when you log in the reverts are live apparently.

Raza back down to 0 cost hero power.
Call of the Wild back to 8 mana.
Yogg reverted.
Sludge Slurper back to 2 attack.
Spiteful Summoner back to 6 mana.
Lesser Emerald Spellstone back to 5 mana.

You also get Kael'thas upon logging in.

Pre-purchase is 55 packs, golden legendary and card back for $50 or 90 packs, golden legendary, card back, 4 arena tickets, something about bonuses for the "Tavern Pass" for Battlgrounds and Lady Vashj Shaman hero for $80.

Those are amazing nerf reverts. I'm so excited!

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
65rkjx5vo9n41.png

Oct 25, 2017
IDC about leeroy moving on. It was just a burn card more or less, whatever.

But mind control tech! Yeah, fuck that card lol... yall hyping the wrong card leaving.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit there were a lot of news... like... A LOT..

the no duplicate protection really took me by surprise, I mean... that's amazing, but now we will get a ton of card in the first packs and nothing up to a point when trying to get the ledendaries, wonder if they will see something to fix that.

Oct 25, 2017
Divine shield had to go. Cleric is a strange choice, though. It's not even being played right now because it is anti-resurrect synergy.
Kind of surprising it sees little play considering combo Priest is still a good deck.
As a wild player, undoing Raza seems a bit questionable, honestly.
Maybe people will finally play another Priest deck besides Big Priest.
They'll probably change it back if it's too troublesome.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Oooo Vashj shaman hero. Cool. Gonna take her for a spin later. I love all the shaman alternates -- tough to pick one regular one! Thunder King is still so great.

So, what was the part of Yogg that was unnerfed? I think the nerf was that he'd stop casting if he died, right? That was never really explained on the card. Is that no longer the case now?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the pre-order bundles. 55 and 90 packs this time, with a lot of stuff in the 90 bundle as well.

cNkOR3l.png

If2Sc8s.png

Lady Vashj (Shaman) is the Hero, comes with the Battlegrounds Perks stuff as well. The cardback (Serpentine) also has moving snakes on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
A note about the card pack changes.

Crafting a card counts towards acquiring it, and any cards you acquire and later disenchant (whether golden or non-golden) count as well. This means that if you get a card that you don't want, you can disenchant it and you will not receive it again until you have all cards of that rarity from that set. This change does not affect the overall distribution of rarities in card packs.

Guess it makes sense considering if they nerfed something you could disenchant it and guarantee it through opening packs otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
So can we look back and agree with Frodan? And fuck those 2 nobodies who claimed otherwise?

A note about the card pack changes.

Guess it makes sense considering if they nerfed something you could disenchant it and guarantee it through opening packs otherwise.
Makes it so you can disenchant stuff without worrying about getting it back immediately. So DE when you want not when you are done getting packs for thset.

Oct 25, 2017
Here are the patch notes. Lot of Battlegrounds hero changes in there.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23319440/hearthstone-updates-march-17-patch-16-6

The other reverts are happening next week.

Dr. Boom goes back to 7 mana.
Giggling Inventor goes to 6 mana.
Raiding Party to 3 mana.
Reckless Experimenter reverted.

The card pack changes also go live next week.
Holy shit at all those BG changes, and that's all today? All of that stuff is so good. Lol at the team realizing very quickly that Ysera was dogshit.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
soooo do shadow words pain and death have the same mana cost now? They were already easy enough to mistake for one another in hand...

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the more I think about these annoucements, the more I see why frodan said what he said. He also mention on twitter that talking with the director they are aiming at 1 new game mode every year, so give these changes, the overhauls, new additions and even a roadmap (the first time this complete) makes sense that this solidifies HS for years to come, it feels like they are setting up a lot more changes over time to keep interest

not a HS 2 in my book, but it is damn close.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Very curious to see how the star multiplier in the new ranked system is decided. On stream they said if you're legend you might get a x5 multiplier which means you're getting 5 stars per win or 10 if you're on a win streak. Curious to see what the multipliers are for different ranks or how that's decided.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
With all the good classic cards eventually getting HoF'd they should have just done a yearly "core set" and been done with it lol

This is the reason I hesitate to call what we've been shown Hearthstone 2.0. It definitely feels like the team got more ressources to churn out content, but I don't see a vision to fundamentally re-think core concepts of the game.

Seeing the words "Collection Managers" on the screen actually got me more hype than the Ashes of Outland card reveals because for a hot second the title made me think this was going to be about new ways cards are packaged, collected, crafted and turned into decks.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People thought rebuke would be really good too though. Less mana but less good against control.

Last edited:

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
After being away I'm a bit interested by the announcement. Standard really hasn't been drawing me in that much the last two expansions though, and even though I started playing a little bit more this last week, it was mostly Battlegrounds.

When they show all the cards I'll consider whether to pre-order, but I doubt I'll need the 55 packs as I'll have lots of dust with all the cards moving to Hall of Fame.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Looking to be a great year for Hearthstone, that's a certainty at least. Not the next ten years, but damn if this isn't some exciting stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
There is no announce thread in gaming section? Someone should probably make one. These are huge announcements.
Ehhh maybe. I mean don't get me wrong, this is a lot of stuff and it seems big, but I want to see it all in action. Could just feel like the same old shit after a couple of weeks. Battlegrounds was definitely a big step in the right direction, but I want to hear more about new modes.
I am excited though.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say colbat guardian is the only thing holding mechs together unfortunately.

Yeah mechs have great buffs but aren't strong in terms of effects and base stats. I learned that the hard way when I picked a Zerus as AFK and got a Kangor. 6 drop with mech synergy, why not? You need triples to make a mech worth resurrecting and often the second mech is a 2/3 taunt or a token.

I'm surprised Nozdormu wasn't touched as he's very efficient but I guess not over powered.

Last edited:

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Having had some time to reflect, I think almost everything announced today is a net positive for the game. Frodan overreacted but I hope that this is the start of something great for the game in the long run.

It might also mean I completely bow out of playing BG altogether though. I was quite enjoying my time with it, but I get why they've changed the monetisation model (investing in 30 packs to get the benefits makes little sense if you only play BG)

The value increase we're going to see in the core game with no dupe clause across all rarities is likely being comped by the new Battle Pass that costs either 2500 gold or real money.

As it stands, I'm in that weird crossroads of not wanting to give Blizz money outright still, and also falling into sunken cost fallacy. I've invested too much in the core game over the years to sacrifice 2500 gold on BG instead of packs, but I also don't want to play BG with just two heroes offered per game as that seems like a HUGE disadvantage.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The price increase for battlegrounds really sucks.

I've been thinking about this, the value seems far better now, if you spend 2500 coins you get more perks than before and at a lower price than the 30 packs from before, i doesn't see this a worse actually, at first glance it looked worse but seems better actually

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about this, the value seems far better now, if you spend 2500 coins you get more perks than before and at a lower price than the 30 packs from before, i doesn't see this a worse actually, at first glance it looked worse but seems better actually
Except I was always going to inevitably get 30 packs of a new expansion. I will most certainly not be spending 2500 gold on just battlegrounds. I don't care a bit about the arena tickets.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I only have 10 packs worth of perks currently and it's fine, I dont see why I would spend gold on them without getting packs for it too.

(I'm not a good case study in that I have only been playing as whizbang for gold earning and I've only been spending gold on solo content, I can't be arsed to build standard decks. )

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Adding a new class after Paladin has been trash nearly the entire expansion is currently a bit worrying. I remember during the early years of the game, they were firm about not wanting new classes because it'd be tough to balance them all, and now they added a new one while (Arguably) a few classes have been struggling.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Here's a thought: Do we expect the game mode promised for Phase 2 of the Year of the Phoenix to be completely free or another avenue for additional monetization ala Battlegrounds?

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way they were talking I expect a pauper-style mode at some point.

Does anybody have a link that further explains the new hidden ranked MMR? It seems weird.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Murloc hero seems
Except I was always going to inevitably get 30 packs of a new expansion. I will most certainly not be spending 2500 gold on just battlegrounds. I don't care a bit about the arena tickets.

Yeah 2500 gold seems steep for just 2 extra heroes to choose from (the emotes are cosmetic). They seem to be more focused on balancing the heroes though, so maybe it won't be so bad.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Crafted Raza again, and now I'm playing wild. The OTK is more deadly now cuz you have a lot of cheap spells.

Happy that I can play my fave deck again

Status
Not open for further replies.