• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
after you finish the second returning player quest, you get a menu to pick a class and you can correctly pick mage from there, pretty nice. They are doing it right.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
So uhh, Blizzard messed up and the patch changed Living Roots to epic rarity. Might be worth disenchanting it if you have it.

Though maybe there's a chance they just leave it as an epic, who knows. Really strange.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I may have to buy preorder. Only got like 10k dust and almost no gold lol... first time in 7 whatever years I feel like I should buy in but that is largely cause I have not done quests consistently or really at all for like a year or two.... a really long period of time tbh.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see Terrorguard Escapee and Magtheridon as part of this set. Big priests deserve to have more garbage occupying their graveyards.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I stole a Leeroy out of a players deck as a priest. I was in Play Casual. That's still Standard isn't it? Why was Leeroy in there?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, just not something worth fixing for the <2 weeks and extremely rare occurances this would happen in.

Literally everything is a 'Yikes' nowadays huh?
lol, sorry, an overreaction on my part. I just got alarmed when I saw Leeroy so soon again. My least favourite and most reviled card. Made me do a double-take on whether I'd somehow misread it as being HOF'd. Also, I thought about whether there were known ways to get HOF'd cards into Standard play on an ongoing basis (besides that weird Toki legendary), so the prospect of seeing Leeroy and other cards stay in the meta was unsettling.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
lol, sorry, an overreaction on my part. I just got alarmed when I saw Leeroy so soon again. My least favourite and most reviled card. Made me do a double-take on whether I'd somehow misread it as being HOF'd. Also, I thought about whether there were known ways to get HOF'd cards into Standard play on an ongoing basis (besides that weird Toki legendary), so the prospect of seeing Leeroy and other cards stay in the meta was unsettling.

It's okay, I think we all have PTSD from all those times we thought we had stabilised only to get a "well played" emote and the voice sample of Leeroy being plunked down.

*shudders*

Oct 25, 2017
I will be honest, I was okay with leeroy at 4 mana lol... I was happier after it was nerfed to 5 and now am indifferent about it being HOFd. Probably a good move to HOF it. The main issue I think is it is a neutral finisher that fits too many archetypes.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
If my count is correct, there are 104 commons (52 cards x 2). At a max of 4 per pack, that's 26 packs minimum before you ever see a duplicate! In reality it will probably be more than 30. That will also get you probably half the rares. Neat.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Illidan seems pretty strong in BG. Removes the coin flip of going first and you can instantly sacrifice your Deathrattle minion or have Zapp snipe something. If you have a huge minion that survives, it may get to attack again during the regular combat phase. Have an Unstable Ghoul to pop divine shields? Have it go later after you've killed Nadina. Run a Deflect-o-bot and then Harvest Golem to instantly refresh it.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Illidan seems pretty strong in BG. Removes the coin flip of going first and you can instantly sacrifice your Deathrattle minion or have Zapp snipe something. If you have a huge minion that survives, it may get to attack again during the regular combat phase. Have an Unstable Ghoul to pop divine shields? Have it go later after you've killed Nadina. Run a Deflect-o-bot and then Harvest Golem to instantly refresh it.
Can't wait to take Illidan and never be offered any of those minions!

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Everyone talking about demon hunter and I am here just thinking how many of this we will see
637200701184381231.png
+
DRG_255.png

Oct 25, 2017
If my count is correct, there are 104 commons (52 cards x 2). At a max of 4 per pack, that's 26 packs minimum before you ever see a duplicate! In reality it will probably be more than 30. That will also get you probably half the rares. Neat.
Thanks for this, thought to try and figure this out myself the other day but just forgot about it. Was thinking about preordering but might hold off, mostly just want to play Demon hunter anyways, none of the other archtypes shown interest me

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I did a arena run to leave it to expire before expansion with 2 losses. Ended up going 12-0, couldn't stop sadly.

I feel my deck was pretty above average. My every turn was an embarrassment of riches.

ailKjCr.jpg

RvggvDA.png

last game, I assume 11-0 mage has so many removals but it wasn't very close and I still had discovered a Ysera that I never needed to play. I feel that 3 drop dragon is too bullshit in arena. I had a lot of fun playing this deck overall so I decided to finish the run.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna stream my ladder climb in the discord. Figure it might be entertaining if someone is bored.

edit:
Taking a break... these two games were insane though.

hsreplay.net

Protekt1 vs. thewith

Watch a game of Hearthstone between Protekt1 (Rogue) and thewith (Druid) in your browser.

hsreplay.net

Protekt1 vs. Gurren101

Watch a game of Hearthstone between Gurren101 (Priest) and Protekt1 (Rogue) in your browser.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The benefits for Battlegrounds that you get from preordering the next expansion are the same that you get for buying the descent od dragons?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The benefits for Battlegrounds that you get from preordering the next expansion are the same that you get for buying the descent od dragons?
Don't quote me, but I think the DoD benefits were for beta access to those BG features, whereas with AoO it's the new pass that gets you all that shit for the entire year of the phoenix.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't quote me, but I think the DoD benefits were for beta access to those BG features, whereas with AoO it's the new pass that gets you all that shit for the entire year of the phoenix.

only until next expansion, for next one you will need to get another tavern pass and so on

also the benefits are the same except that you chose from 4 heroes now instead of 3.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I updated the OT with as much of the new information as I could. We are almost ready for Ashes of Outland!

Any ideas for the new OT title? All I have is:

Hearthstone: Ashes of Outland |OT| Hearthstone 2.0

Also, Please feel free to join us in the
Discord:

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing them expand the Tavern Pass into an actual battle pass. Expand it to all modes and reward things like card backs, alternate heroes, game boards and maybe even new stuff like mana crystals in addition to the obvious stuff like dust, gold, packs, etc. I know people are probably sick of battle passes at this point but it seems like a decent fit for Hearthstone, especially considering the game essentially on a 4 month cycle already.

Also, for the OT title the obvious low hanging fruit is "You are not prepared."

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna stream my ladder climb in the discord. Figure it might be entertaining if someone is bored.

edit:
Taking a break... these two games were insane though.

hsreplay.net

Protekt1 vs. thewith

Watch a game of Hearthstone between Protekt1 (Rogue) and thewith (Druid) in your browser.

hsreplay.net

Protekt1 vs. Gurren101

Watch a game of Hearthstone between Gurren101 (Priest) and Protekt1 (Rogue) in your browser.
When you play against res Priest, how do you decide what to Flik? The albatrosses in your deck or do you actually do it to one of their minions? I'm asking this from both perspectives as well. What should a Priest player be looking to do against rogue? I've been playing both classes and it's the one matchup that has been very interesting almost every game.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I bought the 90 bundle because I'm a sucker for hero portraits then I have 25k dust and 3k gold, so I should be good this time around.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if I buy the second bundle I'll be opening about 230 packs, it all depends how much money I'll have by the end of this week. But I'm already predicting my wallet will take the hit

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing them expand the Tavern Pass into an actual battle pass. Expand it to all modes and reward things like card backs, alternate heroes, game boards and maybe even new stuff like mana crystals in addition to the obvious stuff like dust, gold, packs, etc. I know people are probably sick of battle passes at this point but it seems like a decent fit for Hearthstone, especially considering the game essentially on a 4 month cycle already.

Also, for the OT title the obvious low hanging fruit is "You are not prepared."
They're probably testing that with the BG battle pass.
I think they've mentioned they want to release 1 new game mode every year, so the BG pass could give access to those, and they get to keep the bundles for the normal mode.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, since last year I didnt played that much I'm not playing that much constructed waitinf for the new expansion tonstart all over again by buying both bundles and maybe 40 paclks of descent of the dragons (Is the later worthy?, must be the only expansion that Inhave totally skipped)

So, since you cant play that much tavern before it gets boring and I want to save my arena run for the next expansion I decided to play battlegrounds, and Im shocked by how addictive it is. Is cool to build busted combos and make good use of your hero power, in my second day I have wonn3 battles not including the tutorial, 2 of them with Jaraxxus, is this hero the best one in the game? Loing the early seems to ve worthy if you slowly are increasing the stats of your demons, with some of them being really good

The third game that I won was with a best build, I feel like their late game cards are really good

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Well, since last year I didnt played that much I'm not playing that much constructed waitinf for the new expansion tonstart all over again by buying both bundles and maybe 40 paclks of descent of the dragons (Is the later worthy?, must be the only expansion that Inhave totally skipped)

So, since you cant play that much tavern before it gets boring and I want to save my arena run for the next expansion I decided to play battlegrounds, and Im shocked by how addictive it is. Is cool to build busted combos and make good use of your hero power, in my second day I have wonn3 battles not including the tutorial, 2 of them with Jaraxxus, is this hero the best one in the game? Loing the early seems to ve worthy if you slowly are increasing the stats of your demons, with some of them being really good

The third game that I won was with a best build, I feel like their late game cards are really good
lol, Jaraxxus is definitely one of the worst! The good and bad thing about the game is that you are often at the mercy of what you get offered in the early game. There are winning strategies for every minion type. If you take Jaraxxus at get offered good demons, you can roll to a win. If you don't get offered those demons, you're in trouble. The "skill" in the mode is in recognizing when to go for certain strategies, and when to shift strategies.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
lol, Jaraxxus is definitely one of the worst! The good and bad thing about the game is that you are often at the mercy of what you get offered in the early game. There are winning strategies for every minion type. If you take Jaraxxus at get offered good demons, you can roll to a win. If you don't get offered those demons, you're in trouble. The "skill" in the mode is in recognizing when to go for certain strategies, and when to shift strategies.
Pretty sure I saw a stat somewhere indicating Jaraxxus is one of the better heroes at lower ratings, because pushing for hard stats (which Jaraxxus can easily do) wins games at those ratings. I'll try and look it up when I get the time, thought it was rather interesting.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Lol I see, gonna take that in mind next time

Pretty sure I saw a stat somewhere indicating Jaraxxus is one of the better heroes at lower ratings, because pushing for hard stats (which Jaraxxus can easily do) wins games at those ratings. I'll try and look it up when I get the time, thought it was rather interesting.

This game still has ranks? Since I started yesterday that would explain why I won some matches with him

Status
Not open for further replies.