• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...arthstone-on-nintendo-switch-just-yet-3323220

During an interview with Trusted Reviews, Blizzard Entertainment said it wouldn't rule out the potential release of Hearthstone on Nintendo Switch.

Speaking at BlizzCon 2017, Hearthstone senior game designer Peter Whalen said 'I dunno, I don't think anyone is working on it, but I wouldn't rule it out either.'

'Moving to tablets and phones was awesome. It made Hearthstone way more accessible for way, way more people, which is fantastic,' Whelan continued.

Whelan explained that 'if there are other consoles or platforms that are good for us then that's absolutely something we'd explore in time.'

giphy.gif

I'll also take one Diablo III please

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OMG that would be amazing. And yeah D3 would also be cool.

But man you could even play hearthstone without the joycons!

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The cert process on switch would need to be real fast for this. They update PC and mobile simultaneously and if you're not updated you can't play with others, so if cert takes longer on switch that would mean their development cycle would have to slow down to account for a switch version. Also, do switch games allow for in app purchases?

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's not going to happen. We heard the same nonsense from developers regarding Wii U ports.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't understand why they have not released it yet. It does not seem difficult to port (maybe I'm wrong) and the more players the better for Blizzard. Personally I don't care for the game, I played it quite a lot some time ago and I ended up quitting because it's impossible to compete without buying cards. Also, I think Gwent is quite a better game imho.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Is Hearthstone available in any other platform besides PC and mobile?

Anyway, I don't think it's happening any time soon.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I could only see them doing it if they were also doing a PS4/Xbox version.

Does it have controller support on PC?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is actually happening, that being said, this would probably be just the thing to get me playing Hearthstone again.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I think Hearthstone or Gwent would be great fits for Switch, but given that statement is essentially nothing, I can't imagine we'd be seeing a port anytime soon.

A shame nothing ever came of the Overwatch for Switch rumour, honestly. I wonder if Blizzard has properly considered the Switch at all, they've only really started console development again in this generation.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Same thing was asked of overwatch. Same answer. You can guess what that means

SteveWD40

Oct 29, 2017
I doubt it will happen, and frankly it's fine on mobile anyway. Now, D3 I would gladly buy on Switch.

Elem

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Hearthstone isn't on every platform available, seems such a great fit for consoles. It works with any control method.