• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tempostorm posted a meta snapshot video. And no it's not narrated by Reynad:

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
d76d38d8-4c4e-4870-9d0f-344ecf5d3e2b_chart.png

These are twitch viewer stats for Hearthstone for the last 180 days. Upper blue line is peak viewers and lower turqois line is average viewers. You can see that there are peaks at at every expansion (August & December) and also one peak in October (maybe Octoberbrawl or that cool arena event). I would not say the viewer numbers in generel are dwindling. It has a steady base of viewers. If you compare baselines before the expansions, the viewers get even more.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Fun fact:

If your opponent has Sacred Trial played, and your board is Umbra, Dreadlord, and Voidlord, then using Cube on the Dreadlord will:
1) Eat the Dreadlord.
2) Trigger Umbra to create 2 more Dreadlords.
3) Trigger Sacred Trial to kill the Cube.
4) Which gives you 2 more Dreadlords for 20 burst damage.

I don't recommend playing that secret against Thicclock!

Also, Thicclock is ridiculously good.

This is how I would have understood it as well. Had no idea someone would willingly run sacred trial though.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always concede matchups I have no interest in playing. I've been conceding every game. No interest anymore until rotation.

I can't even bring myself to finish my quests.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017

These are twitch viewer stats for Hearthstone for the last 180 days. Upper blue line is peak viewers and lower turqois line is average viewers. You can see that there are peaks at at every expansion (August & December) and also one peak in October (maybe Octoberbrawl or that cool arena event). I would not say the viewer numbers in generel are dwindling. It has a steady base of viewers. If you compare baselines before the expansions, the viewers get even more.

Related question...what ever happened to TrumpSC? Most times I see him he's #3 hs streamer or lower? I was always more of a hsdogdog fan but never understood why Trump dropped when he used to be the #1 HS streamer.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

This is cool. Are there numbers that go back farther? There's also the variable of Twitch's overall viewership.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Related question...what ever happened to TrumpSC? Most times I see him he's #3 hs streamer or lower? I was always more of a hsdogdog fan but never understood why Trump dropped when he used to be the #1 HS streamer.

No king rules forever. Also I wonder how much the name "Trump" now help/hurts him.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed I am not watching most of the major streamers of HS any more. I used to watch Kripp, as he has none of the donation/sub crap on screen that annoys me - I know why it is there but I can dislike it! I ended up liking a few of the smaller streams, around the 100 viewer mark. People with a smaller engaged community are more fun - chat is even tollerable.

I recommended Sunglitters' Arena streams is you want someone good at the game, that does not play the major classes, and is fun to watch

For example - https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyShakingPastaPermaSmug (maybe dont watch at full volume....)

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
This probably sounds really weird, but he took a similar path that Jimmy Fallon did for me. Both him and Fallon were my favorites just because they seemed really nice, and I liked that kinda awkward but positive personality. And then the years 2016 and 2017 happened and I grew so cynical that those types of personalities stopped appealing to me. Now I need the Kripp and Reynad salt to reinforce my blackened heart.

I doubt that's the case for anyone else, though fallon has also taken a huge fall in ratings.

Last edited:

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Trump at the end of last season, and the way he plays frustrated me, kept making missplay after missplay. Even the chat pointed it at him, but he didn't realize.

Personally I like sjow, tyler, and zalae. Right balance for me.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dog is basically the only streamer I like to watch. Isn't overly salty but doesn't come off as fake either. I like sjow too but my schedule is usually off from his.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Trump more when I didnt know how to play.
Now I know how to play and watching him is kind of awkward sometimes.
Also his greed keeps getting him killed in They Are Billions. The throws are real.

I wish xixo streamed more.
Justsaiyan pulls a bunch of people into a skype call (or discord channel or whatever) at the end of the month to watch other people grind ranks in hopes of hct points. That's a fun one too.

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa

Just got a golden The Darkness along with a Level Up and Gather your Party in one pack

Golden legendary, epic and rare - not bad

Does the Darkness suck? I could dust it into a more useful legendary

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Whoa

Just got a golden The Darkness along with a Level Up and Gather your Party in one pack

It is not great if you are playing with a mindset to win win win. but it is great for a bit of fun... For example:

• # 1x (1) Deadscale Knight
  • # 1x (1) Hungry Crab
  • # 2x (2) Devolve
  • # 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
  • # 2x (2) Golakka Crawler
  • # 2x (2) Jade Claws
  • # 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
  • # 2x (2) Rockbiter Weapon
  • # 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
  • # 2x (4) Corpsetaker
  • # 1x (4) Hex
  • # 1x (4) The Darkness
  • # 1x (4) Windspeaker
  • # 1x (5) Bloodlust
  • # 1x (5) Doomhammer
  • # 1x (5) Volcano
  • # 1x (5) White Eyes
  • # 2x (6) Thing from Below
  • # 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
  • # 1x (8) Al'Akir the Windlord

AAECAfe5AgogsgHgArsD/gWTCaa8AsfBAqfNAvbqAgrvAYEE8Af7qgKgtgLRvAL2vQLkwgL70wKW6AIA

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Whoa

The darkness is one of the ones I'd never craft but would like to open in a pack to keep around for some silly fun decks.

If they ever go truly insane with 1 mana 1/1 copy effects, it could become tier 1 overpowered because it is maybe the best card in the game to copy in hand. They seem to like printing new cards for the copy mechanic too, but for now it's too hard to make those copies.

I find it hard keeping around a golden legendary never using it just for the chance at it becoming good in the future.

Last edited:

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
4 Dungeon runs done. hunter ez af with the minions cost 5 perk and DK. all the jade classes.....yeah double battlecry and pick jades, ez mode
I have no idea how classes like warrior and priest are going to work out lol

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
This is cool. Are there numbers that go back farther? There's also the variable of Twitch's overall viewership.

It goes back one year. This would be the figure for one year:

8602c6a8-d0e8-43c8-b254-c365ca13382a_chart.png

Actually you can see a decrease of the average viewers for hearthstone. It is not substantial, but you can see it.
And yes, there is the variable of Twitch's overall viewership: The average viewer count for the last 365 days is about 750k, which is 150k higher than for the previous 365 days. So, in relation to the growth of Twitch, the Hearthstone audience gets smaller.

There are also some stats about Trump: He lost quite some of his viewership the last year. And I actually didn't know that he streams different games.
Check it out for yourself: https://sullygnome.com/channel/TrumpSC/365

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Just had the most amazing match against a voidlock, drakonid operative'd two voidlords and glimmer root'd his DK Guldan. I almost felt bad lol. He even managed to destroy my deck but the voidlords/DK was too much for him

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Saw a lot aggro druid for world, interesting

it's the 4th deck, you take
some kind of control warlock
raza priest (sometimes combo priest if you plan on not banning priest)
tempo rogue
PUT 4TH DECK HERE

4th deck works out to be Aggro Druid for a lot of people It's not the strongest deck in anyones lineup and its brought more because it effectively beats up on other aggro decks. Ant brought an aggro lineup, Ant will likelynot win worlds. There are also a few murloc paladins and im interested to see how they do, I expect them to be weak points for the players that brought them.

4th deck is also sometimes jade druid because it can gain silly amounts of armor against priest and should have enough sustained pressure to push out control lock (not cubelock). It also has numerous defensive tools to perform well against aggressive decks like aggro druid and tempo rogue.
JustSaiyan was testing Fr0zen's Jade druid which is interesting because it runs violet teachers instead of 3/6 taunts and it has no wraths.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It goes back one year. This would be the figure for one year:

8602c6a8-d0e8-43c8-b254-c365ca13382a_chart.png

Actually you can see a decrease of the average viewers for hearthstone. It is not substantial, but you can see it.
And yes, there is the variable of Twitch's overall viewership: The average viewer count for the last 365 days is about 750k, which is 150k higher than for the previous 365 days. So, in relation to the growth of Twitch, the Hearthstone audience gets smaller.

There are also some stats about Trump: He lost quite some of his viewership the last year. And I actually didn't know that he streams different games.
Check it out for yourself: https://sullygnome.com/channel/TrumpSC/365
Thanks for digging this up. It appears that Hearthstone remains a stream beast but that it is declining in popularity. The game could probably use a decent shake up in terms of gameplay and personalities. I'm hopeful for the next expansion.

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Are there no competitive Aggro/Tempo decks that don't use Patches? I do not want to craft him for the few months he is in standard, so I guess I can't really play aggro decks until rotation?

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Are there no competitive Aggro/Tempo decks that don't use Patches? I do not want to craft him for the few months he is in standard, so I guess I can't really play aggro decks until rotation?
i'm guessing you have a newish collection....you can play hunter without patches, some people use him but beast synergy is fine, esp since corridor creeper fits in so well now

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Almost all secret mages don't use patches. Almost all use Aluneth, but I suppose it isn't that crucial.

This 1,360 dust secret mage deck seems like it could be good:

https://hsreplay.net/decks/x2fWw4u5rkc7uKqyBQYTNd/

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1020321-savjzs-tunneler-deck

Last edited:

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Got golden the beast from brawl, and I got black knight last week from brawl too. But I didn't get any from KnC pack which I'm sure is already at the end of 30 or early 30 packs.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
playing secret mage without aluneth is doable, but i highly recommend doing it in wild so you can use duplicate for free cards to fill your hand....of course that brings mad scientist and flamewaker into play too, but mad scientist is a common
i actually use pyros in my wild secret mage, which sounds wacky, but i got the idea off a high legend player who does it, kinda helps with keeping your hand full of cards you can play every turn and if it gets duplicated it can really help fill some holes in your curve

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Nice writeup on the evolution of the Spiteful Summoner Dragon Priest, as well as a variant I hadn't seen before but am now using. Ditches Kelseth and (gasp!) Free from Amber (both of them!), adds a couple of Doomsayers and a dragonfire potion. I've played a few games with it and I like it. Don't miss the Free from Ambers as much as I thought I would because while they draw better minions from Spiteful Summoner than Mind Control does they are dead cards when you draw them more often than not. Especially vs aggro. Dragonfire, two Duskbreakers, and two Doomsayers give tons of board clear options. The only thing I'm considering is switching a Netherspite Historian for a Glimmerroot.

Edit: forgot the link:

http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2018/01/08/hitting-legend-with-spiteful-dragon-priest/

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
i'm guessing you have a newish collection....you can play hunter without patches, some people use him but beast synergy is fine, esp since corridor creeper fits in so well now

I play a Hunter deck sometimes with secrets + spellstone and cheap beasts, but when I don't have a good starting hand and a good curve in the first few rounds I hit a wall fast especially against decks with good/many taunts and heals or amor gain. On stream a deck like Tempo Rogue seems to be more stable in that regard.

Maybe I should still rather play wih my Control Mage deck or craft the few missing epics for Spiteful Priest.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

He's changed it a bit from that list. It's looking like this right now

### weasels
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Awaken the Makers
# 2x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Potion of Madness
# 2x (1) Weasel Tunneler
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Mirage Caller
# 2x (3) Twilight's Call
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
# 1x (6) Herald Volazj
# 2x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAa0GCJ8D7QXgrAKKsAKWxALPxwKQ0wLD6gILigH7AbW7AuW8AsPBAtHBAtXBAujQAovhAqniAurmAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so..I found a golden legendary in a pack..should i dust it immediately or wait for those rare periods where you can dust your cards for the full value? does that happen often and is that true for every card during that period?

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
so..I found a golden legendary in a pack..should i dust it immediately or wait for those rare periods where you can dust your cards for the full value? does that happen often and is that true for every card during that period?
If you need the dust, then dust it. Otherwise, wait until you need it, or the ideal situation arises.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Brode out there hinting at balance changes in the next patch. Corridor Creeper to 9 mana?

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised I don't see Dirty Rat much anymore given all the cheats and trickery from battlecries, and the Priests that hang on to Velen until the last minute. I put one in my Spiteful Priest deck and it's worked out for me so far. Rat -> Doomsayer or Rat -> silence is so good.

This isn't what I'm running now:

### New Summoner Priest v2
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (3) Twilight Acolyte
# 2x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 2x (6) Spiteful Summoner
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
# 2x (10) Mind Control
#
AAECAa0GBvIF8LsCkbwC6r8C38QC/OoCDAiKAagF8gyCtQK6uwLKwwLKywKmzgL70wLL5gLX6wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This weasel deck is ridiculous fun. I hate how priests get all the annoying as fuck decks. This shit is especially fun against jade druid and Razakus. Really hope I don't face this shit any time soon. Goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.