• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised I don't see Dirty Rat much anymore given all the cheats and trickery from battlecries, and the Priests that hang on to Velen until the last minute. I put one in my Spiteful Priest deck and it's worked out for me so far. Rat -> Doomsayer or Rat -> silence is so good.

This isn't what I'm running now:

### New Summoner Priest v2
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (3) Twilight Acolyte
# 2x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 2x (6) Spiteful Summoner
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
# 2x (10) Mind Control
#
AAECAa0GBvIF8LsCkbwC6r8C38QC/OoCDAiKAagF8gyCtQK6uwLKwwLKywKmzgL70wLL5gLX6wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

giving this deck a shot right nooooowww...

Oct 25, 2017
A reverse fatigue deck feels like it shouldn't work but I will watch to the VOD later to see this deck
Yeah it works. He was climbing in legend and I've been doing well myself. Had a win streak until I switched to rogue. Hunter will break you though. The deck seems solid for a meme as fuck deck, but you gotta hope for some value off of the Oracles.

Edit: be warned though, I think these are the longest games I've ever had. And I've gotten some super salty messages and a lot of roping.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1) Do you win through Anduin pings over time?
2) Don't you end up filling your own deck with useless junk as well?

Oct 25, 2017
1) Do you win through Anduin pings over time?
2) Don't you end up filling your own deck with useless junk as well?
I've won with Anduin pings, N'zoth minions, multiple Amara's. Those are the primary win conditions I've been going for, however I've won with the following as well:

A Herald Volazj that couldn't be removed
An Elise that couldn't be removed
Too much armor from a ton of plated beetles

I cut a doomsayer and put in Benedictus just so I could get stuff like jade idol and Kingsbane.

You're also hoping for some value from Elise and Oracles. That helps a TON. The last game I won against a cubelock, I had a Golakka, Gentle Megasaur and crackling razormaw as my final minions to finish him off. He had no answers, as he kept drawing weasels.

And yes your deck becomes full of weasels but not as many as theirs, and you usually have good stuff in hand. Plus I just save weasels for multiple hero power pings.

These games are the SLOWEST of slow. I'd say half the time the opponent just concedes because they don't wanna deal with this shit. There's times I only have a 2/3 minion on board and they're still at full health, but I'm assuming they look at the situation and just say fuck it.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Let me know what you think. I shot from 14 up to 10 with it but hit a wall over the last 5-7 matches

Working out pretty well for the 9 or so matches I've played, doing pretty well against cubelock (when played right) which is a plus. Dirty rat works great in this deck (especially with doomsayer).

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Working out pretty well for the 9 or so matches I've played, doing pretty well against cubelock (when played right) which is a plus. Dirty rat works great in this deck (especially with doomsayer).
Nice - glad you had some success. Yeah I have not seen anyone put Dirty Rat in his deck but it actually fits nicely with all of the removal/nerf options. You can follow it with Doomsayer, Twilight Acolyte, Duskbreaker, or a silencing minion. Of course it can backfire so you need to be careful. Having the Spellbreaker in hand with enough mana to use it after DR is the safest bet, especially vs Warlock.

Oct 25, 2017
The fault with this strategy is that these cards come unbuffed. So yeah you get a jade idol, good luck starting a jade train at 1/1 when they're at 10/10. And kingsbane is just a 1/3 weapon.
Works out for me *shrug*
They're drawing a bunch of weasels and I'm drawing jades. The weapon is purely for avoiding fatigue, granted I can't break it every turn. Hasn't actually come into play yet, so I can't say how Kingsbane would work out.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I picked Purple, he and Neirea both brought coin in tempo rogue which I like and I think he's looking to ban priest which puts me on believing that lyra is better than auctioneer.

I'm looking forward to seeing the control mages (Fr0zen and Sinto), Fr0zen's Jade Druid, and Muzzy's Cubelock with no doomguards.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regis (a streamer i like watching) is doing well with a summoner zoo deck. Playing a spiteful summoner/twisting nether package.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Any suggestions for death rattle hunter decks? I'm playing with one now and was looking for some feedback on what I built. I'll drop the link when I can get to my computer.

What's the best way to earn gold and packs? I'm done with spending money.

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions for death rattle hunter decks? I'm playing with one now and was looking for some feedback on what I built. I'll drop the link when I can get to my computer.

What's the best way to earn gold and packs? I'm done with spending money.

Thanks!

Do daily quests, do tavern brawls, hit rank 5 every month for the gold epic pack, etc..

But the absolute best way to earn packs and gold for free is to learn the arena meta for a particular set and farm there.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Dear warlock,

Just because you played the darkness and burned my raza, it didn't mean you would win against me, so save your BM and stop embarrassing yourself.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Climbed to rank 13 last night with spiteful priest. If I use different non meta decks, I don't win any games anymore. I have the impression, that the meta is stale and if you don't play meta decks, you will probably not advance.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Climbed to rank 13 last night with spiteful priest. If I use different non meta decks, I don't win any games anymore. I have the impression, that the meta is stale and if you don't play meta decks, you will probably not advance.
That is the ladder unfortunately. And that's usually the state it reaches until a change is made. Just mix it up with casual matchups using weird decks. You will still see a lot of people using meta decks in casual for some reason, but you'll also see some weird shit occasionally which is fun.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
I had play 50 priest cards and win 5 tavern brawls quests so I put together this crazy priest deck.

Turn 4/5 whenever you have enough shadow cards, and the combo, you throw down 2 radiant elementals, and then dig for mind blast with power word shield or shadow visions. Mind blast them until you win.

2x Power Word Shield
2x Radiant Elementals
2x Shadow Visions
2x Mind Blasts

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
That is the ladder unfortunately. And that's usually the state it reaches until a change is made. Just mix it up with casual matchups using weird decks. You will still see a lot of people using meta decks in casual for some reason, but you'll also see some weird shit occasionally which is fun.

I recommend getting to a rank floor and then switching to a weird deck. Don't play Casual because you can't get any progress on your golden heroes playing that mode.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Do daily quests, do tavern brawls, hit rank 5 every month for the gold epic pack, etc..

But the absolute best way to earn packs and gold for free is to learn the arena meta for a particular set and farm there.
Thanks for the response. I'll start doing the tavern brawls. not sure about getting to level 5 though. I've only ever hit like 17 but I'm not that good.

Here's the latest deck I've been playing. Thoughts from anyone on anything I could add or subtract?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1021464-death-rattle-devilsaur

My previous decks seemed to lose steam later in the game if I couldn't wreck the guy with immediate 5/5 devilsaurs but with Nzoth in this deck and the oozling have gotten me out of some pretty tight jams and have lead me to be able to control the board pretty much through out the game without issue. Any suggestions on tightening it up would be appreciated. For example, I wonder if there's a better card than the bone drake, though it's death rattle is good, and Prince Malchezar. Also, curious if anyone has any good suggestions for death stalker rexar combos in general.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do think that Team 5 is running into a problem where decks have more and more lopsided matchups. They probably need to make fundamental changes to the game to address that. I don't think you can keep class identities as they are, increase card power levels, introduce more radical mechanics, and avoid lopsided matchups becoming more prevalent.

New person question

Does that geist card absolutely fuck up jade druids?
In Wild it's an auto-win in most situations.

In Standard I hear people say it isn't enough, but I don't know personally.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I should watch Regis again...

he was such an invaluable person for me back when I started playing, after trump abandoned the teaching series he was the only one thinking about doing budget decks for maggots like myself

Oct 25, 2017
One more question does it pick up kingsbane? Cause I just auto concede when I see it such a boring match to play

Geist only hits spells and kingsbane counts as a weapon so there answer is no. Also to answer your original question, geist doesn't absolutely fuck up jade druid. It provides an opportunity to win in a way not previously available against jade druid, but on average it isn't a big deal.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Geist only hits spells and kingsbane counts as a weapon so there answer is no. Also to answer your original question, geist doesn't absolutely fuck up jade druid. It provides an opportunity to win in a way not previously available against jade druid, but on average it isn't a big deal.
Gnomeferatu is the only real counter for Kingsbane, but of course you have to let them draw their whole deck first.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think this has been the absolute toughest meta to make rank 5. I've never struggled so hard

Try Zoolock. It pushed me to 7 already (from the lowest 10 possible), and I started climbing an hour and a half ago. It really seems like a good fast deck and very few are playing. The worst think I ran into was Aggro Druid, but almost everything else has a chance. The list does not even need the DK, as it usually has the job done by then. Despicable Dreadlord is so good against Play

1. # 2x (1) Fire Fly
  2. # 2x (1) Flame Imp
  3. # 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
  4. # 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
  5. # 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
  6. # 2x (1) Soulfire
  7. # 2x (1) Voidwalker
  8. # 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
  9. # 2x (3) Darkshire Councilman
  10. # 2x (3) Southsea Captain
  11. # 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
  12. # 2x (4) Spellbreaker
  13. # 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
  14. # 2x (5) Doomguard
  15. # 2x (7) Bonemare
  16. # 2x (7) Corridor Creeper

AAECAf0GApG8ApziAg4w9wSoBfIFzgfCCLSsAry2AuvCApvLAvfNAqbOAvLQAvvTAgA=

Oct 25, 2017
Try Zoolock. It pushed me to 7 already (from the lowest 10 possible), and I started climbing an hour and a half ago. It really seems like a good fast deck and very few are playing. The worst think I ran into was Aggro Druid, but almost everything else has a chance. The list does not even need the DK, as it usually has the job done by then. Despicable Dreadlord is so good against Play

1. # 2x (1) Fire Fly
  2. # 2x (1) Flame Imp
  6. # 2x (1) Soulfire
  7. # 2x (1) Voidwalker
  14. # 2x (5) Doomguard
  15. # 2x (7) Bonemare

Yeah I'll give it a shot, can't hurt. I could probably climb with Paladin, but goddammit I don't wanna play it

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017

It's more impactful on the builds that cut jade spirit to be able to run ironwoods with oaken summons because they have less natural jade ramp in their deck.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gnomeferatu is the only real counter for Kingsbane, but of course you have to let them draw their whole deck first.
This reminds me of a deck I made specifically to counter Mill Rogue with Kingsbane using Warlock. It had Rin too. I always disliked losing to Mill Rogues using Warlock so I tried it out.

What actually ends up happening is that the Mill Rogue just mills your cards anyway and keeps drawing Kingsbane on command with the card pulls. You are never going to be in a situation where you can destroy the Kingsbane with Gnome unless the draws from both decks line up perfectly. Mill Rogue has far faster and most consistent draw meaning they can get relevant cards faster than Warlock.

So yeah this was a completely failed attempt.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me of a deck I made specifically to counter Mill Rogue with Kingsbane using Warlock. It had Rin too. I always disliked losing to Mill Rogues using Warlock so I tried it out.

What actually ends up happening is that the Mill Rogue just mills your cards anyway and keeps drawing Kingsbane on command with the card pulls. You are never going to be in a situation where you can destroy the Kingsbane with Gnome unless the draws from both decks line up perfectly. Mill Rogue has far faster and most consistent draw meaning they can get relevant cards faster than Warlock.

So yeah this was a completely failed attempt.

Yeah I play mill rogue a good amount and had quite a few locks try to keep gnome or the deck destroying demon for when kingsbane is the only card in the deck .

They have either:
1) Died to a big weapon beforehand
2) Successfully destroyed my weapon and emote me...but then I coldlight them to death anyway cause they're always ahead in fatigue

I consider any control lock a good matchup and the only times I've lost is to early pressure while I draw poorly.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
I

1. # 2x (1) Fire Fly
  2. # 2x (1) Flame Imp
  6. # 2x (1) Soulfire
  7. # 2x (1) Voidwalker
  14. # 2x (5) Doomguard
  15. # 2x (7) Bonemare

I've been running 2x spell breaker too.

Edit: checked HSReplay and this is a common choice.

Last edited:

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking the rotation is going to be isane

Patches
Raza
Kazakus
All Jades
N'zoth
Yogg
All of Karazhan

Plus ice block will probably be put into the HOF or changed

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
After playing a bunch of Zoolook I think this playstyle would improve a lot if you were able to chose your discards instead of it been a random roll. Maybe do the same for targeted hand buffers like Don Han Cho

I guess targeted buffs open up huge combos, and Blizz still dont like those OTK combos, but changing discard would not affect the game much

It also makes two useless Warlock Legendaries much more playable

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they would be a bit too strong if you could choose.

Though power creep is such that it still might not be good enough I guess.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Choosing discards would require a complete rework of the current discard cards.

There are so many discard cards totally unplayable so I think you would only need to rework the ones that see play right now - SoulFire/Doomguard. If you up the mana cost of each of those by (1) then it might help the whole mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.