• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just had the realization that The Darkness counters Spiteful decks....

I am willing to give this nonsense a shot!

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! Here's the video where Zalae talks about the list: https://youtu.be/NUhryYCjHQY

I can finally meme now. Looking into stuff like Gunspire, Quest Hunter and Tess Rogue. I already have a sweet Kathrena Hunter deck and Odd Rogue, so might put my golden Gunspire to use.
That was interesting to watch, particularly since I played a bunch of spiteful Druid and his version does seem better than the slightly different one I was playing.

Tuna

Oct 25, 2017
That was interesting to watch, particularly since I played a bunch of spiteful Druid and his version does seem better than the slightly different one I was playing.

I disliked the deck when I played it initially quite a bit since all you could keep were Keleseth, Spiteful, and Firefly. I think Dire Mole is a really good addition.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
What is good in wild ladder right now? Tried some evolDKwock but people don't want me to have fun. No cube please.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is good in wild ladder right now? Tried some evolDKwock but people don't want me to have fun. No cube please.
People have climbed to legend with Reno Hunter, Giantslock, Even Shaman, Even Tempo Rogue, Even Miracle Rogue, Inner Fire Priest, Big Priest, Toggledruid, Jade Druid, All the Paladin stuff, Fatigue Warrior (even legend rank 3), Baku Hunter, Pirate Warrior, Patron Warrior (OMG it's back! ), and Renolock. That's just the posts I've seen on the Wild Reddit. Most climbers are using a Paladin variant because it's the best aggro archetype.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
My wild tier list right now:

T1: Giantlock, Cubelock, Aviana Combo Druid, Odd Rogue, Even Shaman

T2: Baku Paladin, Big Priest, Aggro Paladin, Jade Druid, Tempo Mage, Giant Mage

T3: Pirate Warrior, Inner Fire Priest, Renolock, Quest Rogue, Big Beast Hunter, Patron Warrior, Aggro Druid, Zoolock

T4: Odd Hunter, Shudderwock Shaman, Deathrattle Hunter, Exodia Mage, Control Priest, Reno Hunter, Control Warrior

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Are minions and beasts the same thing? I had Houndmaster Shaw on the battlefield, played Witchwood Grizzly but it didn't get Rush.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure I understand the appeal of togwaggle druid outside of memes.

It's still a struggle to win against lots of decks after doing your combo. They still have their hand, any board they had at the beginning of the combo etc. It isn't an auto win at combo time. Malygos seems better even with the increase in combo pieces.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure I understand the appeal of togwaggle druid outside of memes.

It's still a struggle to win against lots of decks after doing your combo. They still have their hand, any board they had at the beginning of the combo etc. It isn't an auto win at combo time. Malygos seems better even with the increase in combo pieces.
You use Togwaggle plus Azalina Soulthief. You take their deck and their hand, and all they have left if your deck, which has nothing but removal and has been mostly been drawn through to get the combo. They then enter fatigue with zero offensive capabilities while you do whatever. People have said it's very successful on the ladder.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You use Togwaggle plus Azalina Soulthief. You take their deck and their hand, and all they have left if your deck, which has nothing but removal and has been mostly been drawn through to get the combo. They then enter fatigue with zero offensive capabilities while you do whatever. People have said it's very successful on the ladder.

Yeah no I understand that. It's just an awful combo against any deck that builds a board.

You pull the combo and give them a free turn to kill you late game. Yay?

They absolutely still have offensive capabilities.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hate this meta

it might be more varied (but not by much) but most of the decks are on auto play and you can't do anything against them othe than see them play and hope they somehow draw bad cards

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no I understand that. It's just an awful combo against any deck that builds a board.

Well against other control decks, you usually have "dead turns", and that's where you play the combo. Against any kind of Aggro Paladin I think you just let them fatigue themselves, since Call to Arms plus Divine Favor is incredibly hard to outdraw in my experience - you don't even use the combo maybe?

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This combo really feels just awful in a lot of matchups.

A burn mage teched in blingtron to kill his aluneth when in fatigue.

It gave him aluneth. Awesome.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver

Toggwaggle Druid has Furious Howl, Innervate, and Tar Creeper in place of Maly combo pieces, which should put you in a better position to win through just grinding those types of decks to fatigue.

The combo also puts a 7/7, two 5/5s, and a 3/3 on the board, with 8 mana left over to do whatever else you want with either hand, including 1 mana minions from their hand.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toggwaggle Druid has Furious Howl, Innervate, and Tar Creeper in place of Maly combo pieces, which should put you in a better position to win through just grinding those types of decks to fatigue.

The combo also puts a 7/7, two 5/5s, and a 3/3 on the board, with 8 mana left over to do whatever else you want with either hand, including 1 mana minions from their hand.

But it does nothing against the board. You basically give them a full free turn to kill you.

I get that it's more interesting because it requires way more thought than malygos, it requires less pieces and whatever, but the fact that it doesn't win you the game immediately upon combo makes it feel really bad to me.

Also I haven't managed to use UI a single game so far. With so many other sources of draw I never had a hand even close to empty enough to use UI. Two felt like way too much.

Any streamers that have been playing the togwaggle deck?

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
hate this meta

it might be more varied (but not by much) but most of the decks are on auto play and you can't do anything against them othe than see them play and hope they somehow draw bad cards
this is how I always felt about Hearthstone :^)

I got two alternative heroes from quests recently (Maiev and whoever that druid hero is) after I started playing a bit again recently, when did they start giving them away? Did I miss any?

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I got two alternative heroes from quests recently (Maiev and whoever that druid hero is) after I started playing a bit again recently, when did they start giving them away? Did I miss any?

Those are the free for everybody ones.

You can get the warlock hero at a public event like a tavern thing. Or with a weird emulator.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
But it does nothing against the board. You basically give them a full free turn to kill you.

I get that it's more interesting because it requires way more thought than malygos, it requires less pieces and whatever, but the fact that it doesn't win you the game immediately upon combo makes it feel really bad to me.

Also I haven't managed to use UI a single game so far. With so many other sources of draw I never had a hand even close to empty enough to use UI. Two felt like way too much.

Any streamers that have been playing the togwaggle deck?
Sipiwi popularized it, and is probably the best wild streamer to watch if you want to get better at the game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252146149?t=48m48s

Oct 25, 2017

Lets see...
liadrin (paladin) is from a wow cross promo
arthas is from beating the lich king with every class
murloc shaman hero from recruit a friend
nemsy (I think is the name) warlock hero is from tavern brawl promo

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
Those are the free for everybody ones.

You can get the warlock hero at a public event like a tavern thing. Or with a weird emulator.
sorry, but what's a public event? Like, go to a convention or something?
Lets see...
liadrin (paladin) is from a wow cross promo
arthas is from beating the lich king with every class
murloc shaman hero from recruit a friend
nemsy (I think is the name) warlock hero is from tavern brawl promo
thanks
I knew some of them, but I was pleasantly surprised that they made these two free and easily available

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This are the two unavailable right now...

Khadgar%2833184%29.png
Tyrande_Whisperwind%2842261%29.png

Khadgar was sold for $5 for a limited time as a co-promotion with WWF (Wildlife, not Wrestling). Tyrande was an exclusive Twitch/Amazon Prime item. Both are said to made available at some point again, but that was well over a year ago.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I'm just wondering if they will ever lower the price on the original three alt heroes. Or maybe sell them as a bundle at some point? I'd buy them all for $15.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I maxed out my Witchwood pity timer, only to get Avianna. And it took me 34 packs to get my legendary before that.

Most of the legendaries I've gotten so far have been decent to great, but I'm just not getting many of them.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Blizzard is pretty punishing with their 50% win rate. I would love to see my record today... I bet it's W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L etc. And I am either winning handily or getting crushed. No middle ground really.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone actually is doing the Azalina/Togwaggle combo, wow.

I thought someone would try to run it with Rebuke (The 2 mana Paladin spell that makes their spells cost 5 more next turn), but I guess the Wild one makes it certain to go through, whilst the standard Pali one just forces them to spend a lot of mana if they don't want to say goodbye to their deck. Maybe that might work in the future but not doing much on turn 10 outside of playing a 5/5 and telling them to pay 7 mana or lose their deck probably means they will just kill you with what's on board that turn.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be dusting some old legendaries soon. For all you wild boys, can you envision aaaanny future scenario in which these cards are played, and important:

Flame Leviathan
Cho'gall
Neptulon
Genzo The Shark
Hemet Nesingwary
Foe Reaper 4000
Ozruk

I figure I already know the answer, but I may as well ask.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be dusting some old legendaries soon. For all you wild boys, can you envision aaaanny future scenario in which these cards are played, and important:

N Flame Leviathan
Y Cho'gall
N Neptulon
N Genzo The Shark
YHemet Nesingwary
N Foe Reaper 4000
N Ozruk

I figure I already know the answer, but I may as well ask.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Hemet Jungle Hunter has a combo potential to do some shenanigans in Wild forever. There will eventually be some busted combo that card will enable by destroying all your cards but the correct few.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quest Rogue worth crafting?, or worth crafting the expensive cards I am missing to make (most) decent Druid decks?

I am having a terrible time with this meta, I am worse than I normally am, and just can't get handle on anything really!

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Still haven't crafted anything other than Lord Godfrey so far this expansion. Don't see the need when Cubelock and Spiteful Druid are so good at the moment and with the new quests I haven't had to play stuff I don't want to at all so far. Huge difference with the new quests to be honest - so much less restrictive.

I'm up to rank 12 at moment. I'll be really pleased with another rank 10 finish this season if possible. I only play a handful of games a day though so maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.