• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
today I found out Tess replays Tri-class cards, if you played Aya, she plays a Aya on board. The card is very good in wild.

I hope they add more shared class cards like that.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about that. I imagine if it did people would try that when they were rotation because that seems really strong.

edit: tested, it works. wow

Last edited:

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
one win away from rank 2 about four times tonight and hit the wall every time. glad i took a few days off before hand otherwise id be titled to shit.

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Today I opened my last Kobold and Catatcombs pack and got Runespear as punishment for disenchanting this card months ago.

Now I will buy Witchwood packs with gold until I get my next legendary, I'll hope it's either Baku or Genn.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Holy shit I only just saw the Brode news.

I'm happy for Ben being comfortable enough to get the chance to try something crazy, but man, those are some big shoes to fill.

Levi

Oct 25, 2017
got up to 3.3 today and then fell back to 5.5... third or fourth time i've fallen from 3 to 5 this season... the yo-yo is real...

my own fault cuz I keep switching decks, but right now I think learning the new decks and trying to find a niche I enjoy is more important than "efficiency" in laddering

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since Wild is warped toward dealing with Paladin, I am having a blast climbing with Patron Warrior. It's one of my favorite decks, and I imagine that it won't be viable for long...

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Spiteful Decks have reached "Why I'm playing this game?" tier

Is Spiteful Priest still that strong? I feel I have a better chance as Big Spell Mage against this deck now as I had before the rotation. Without Netherspite Historian and Drakonid OP they lost a lot of value and with Voodoo Doll I have one option more to deal with big spiteful minions, even Tyrantus.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They kinda fucked up this expansion. We got a new rotation and people are still mostly playing the same decks. Only viable new one, is hadronox druid, and even that is just Cubelock on steroids. I wonder if they will adres this.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Went back to Secret Mage and went from 9 to 5 pretty quickly. It's the aggro version with Arcane Missiles, Cinderstorm and Black Cats. It's a Paladin destroyer and I don't have a ton of trouble vs Warlock either. Not great against Priest and terrible against Druid unless I get perfect draw. Mana Wyrm is so damn powerful.

### Secret Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Missiles
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (2) Arcane Explosion
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Black Cat
# 2x (3) Cinderstorm
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 2x (3) Explosive Runes
# 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 1x (6) Aluneth
# 1x (10) Pyroblast
#
AAECAf0EAr8IotMCDnG7ApUDvwOrBLQE5gSWBewFwcECmMQCj9MC++wCvfoCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Arcane explosion? Let's add that to the pile of "cards I didn't expect to see played in ranked" alongside Raid Leader and Stormwind Champion.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
New Tempo Storm report out.

Is Spiteful Priest still that strong? I feel I have a better chance as Big Spell Mage against this deck now as I had before the rotation. Without Netherspite Historian and Drakonid OP they lost a lot of value and with Voodoo Doll I have one option more to deal with big spiteful minions, even Tyrantus.
I've been having good success with big spell, too, but I'm not sure how many people actually have access to it. I'm not using cards like Alex, Lich King, or Harrison, but even then, there's still three other legendaries and quite a few epics.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>Even Paladin on top

Yeah, I thought so. They have access to tools that Odd Paladin does it, and they have one of the strongest turn 1 moves no matter the turn.

Oct 25, 2017
The spiteful decks are so fucking boring to play, but they're effective, so I'll keep playing them. Pretty much pilot themselves.

Really want a fun priest deck to play. Most of the ones I make get slaughtered by aggro. Doing well against slow decks though.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

I'm reading through the Tier list and explanations and ran across this "its matchups are pretty polarizing, so it can sometimes be very bad, but sometimes it can be very good" for Odd Hunter. Are all Hunter decks like this? as in is this just the major characteristic of the Hunter class? I'm mostly playing Hunter (at the lower ranks 25-19), and I either win big or get crushed...

>Even Paladin on top

Yeah, I thought so. They have access to tools that Odd Paladin does it, and they have one of the strongest turn 1 moves no matter the turn.

Summon two Dudes?

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading through the Tier list and explanations and ran across this "its matchups are pretty polarizing, so it can sometimes be very bad, but sometimes it can be very good" for Odd Hunter. Are all Hunter decks like this? as in is this just the major characteristic of the Hunter class? I'm mostly playing Hunter (at the lower ranks 25-19), and I either win big or get crushed...

Summon two Dudes?

No, face hunter is particularly polarizing to an almost unprecedented degree in this meta.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
No, face hunter is particularly polarizing to an almost unprecedented degree in this meta.
Ah, meta specific. Thanks!

Not that strong compared to even paladin. Even Paladin can take care of those 2 dudes every turn, all whilst having the mana to keep summoning another tool. Even if odd palading has a full board of 1/1s on turn 4, even palading gets consecration to just immediately wreck the board. Later in the game they get equality+Consecration, primordial drake, heck call to arms allows you to counter their board.

The fact is odd paladins only strong against characters without board clear. And even paladin gets both board clear, and the ability to start filling up their board from turn 1.

This even/odd mechanic really turned out well. Tons of hate at the reveal, too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not that strong compared to even paladin. Even Paladin can take care of those 2 dudes every turn, all whilst having the mana to keep summoning another tool. Even if odd palading has a full board of 1/1s on turn 4, even palading gets consecration to just immediately wreck the board. Later in the game they get equality+Consecration, primordial drake, heck call to arms allows you to counter their board.

The fact is odd paladins only strong against characters without board clear. And even paladin gets both board clear, and the ability to start filling up their board from turn 1.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Arcane explosion? Let's add that to the pile of "cards I didn't expect to see played in ranked" alongside Raid Leader and Stormwind Champion.
It comes in clutch pretty frequently, especially with Black Cat. People aren't expecting it. I'm amazed at how frequently people will let my black cat live and kill a sorcerers apprentice or even a Kirin Tor Mage, only to get board blasted by Arcane Explosion for 2 and then Cinderstorm->frostbolt for 10 to the face all for 7 mana. Always followed by "wow..."

Oct 28, 2017
They kinda fucked up this expansion. We got a new rotation and people are still mostly playing the same decks. Only viable new one, is hadronox druid, and even that is just Cubelock on steroids. I wonder if they will adres this.

Baku and Genn decks are doing well. I think you're being overly dismissive and once the meta settles a bit some more decks may come out. I'm actually having a lot of success with Dragon Paladin for instance thanks to the new gargoyle.

Oct 25, 2017

Are we even playing the same game? Even paladin, odd paladin, odd rogue, odd hunter, odd warrior... to just name a few...

With many "old" decks playing different with different cards.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are we even playing the same game? Even paladin, odd paladin, odd rogue, odd hunter, odd warrior... to just name a few...

With many "old" decks playing different with different cards.

Those are just slight variations on other mostly aggro/ tempo decks though. I hoped it would bring some bigger changes like unforeseen did with quest, frozen throne with death knights, those all spawned some different decks.

Oct 28, 2017
I hope so, maybe I'm a bit quick to dismiss. Mind sharing your decklist? Dragon palladin seems fun.

Don't get me wrong, some of the decks that were already good will stay good and even top tier. But there's a lot of freshness in the meta right now and certainly a lot of oppressive decks have been hurt or killed with the new season.

As for Dragon Paladin, to be clear this is only successful because it's so off meta, it counters odd and even pally, and because everyone will mulligan all their best cards away in favor of counters to aggro paladin lists (which this absolutely is not). I'm sure there's room for improvement and I'd love to hear it. I have favorable matchups again all aggro, good against spiteful, and horrendous matchups against cube lock (which I barely see but I'm still at Rank 5). Only played one Hadronox druid and beat it, but I don't know enough to say how it would do generally.

Also, no deck code. Sorry :(

2x Righteous Protector
2x Cathedral Gargoyle
1x Lone Champion (which I want to replace)
2x Stonehill Defender
2x Scaleworm
1x Spellbreaker
2x Truesilver Champion
2x Twilight Drake
2x Cobalt Scalebane
2x Spkeridged Steed
2x Spiteful Summoner (yes, this works with a 6 cost spell)
1x Sunkeeper Tarim
2x Wyrmguard
2x Lay on Hands
2x Primordial Drake
1x Tiron Fordring
1x Uther of the Ebon Blade (I go back on forth on whether this is worth it, I feel like I rarely want to cast it and usually wait until it's all that's left)
1x Ysera (played with protection will usually last at least 2 turns)

Happy to get any feedback on this. It's taken me from 10 to 5 (I did play Even Pally to get two wins to get to 5). I'm going to see if it can take me all the way to legend. I'm thinking of adding the new 4 cost legendary which replenishes Divine Shield as that's pretty solid.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, some of the decks that were already good will stay good and even top tier. But there's a lot of freshness in the meta right now and certainly a lot of oppressive decks have been hurt or killed with the new season.

As for Dragon Paladin, to be clear this is only successful because it's so off meta, it counters odd and even pally, and because everyone will mulligan all their best cards away in favor of counters to aggro paladin lists (which this absolutely is not). I'm sure there's room for improvement and I'd love to hear it. I have favorable matchups again all aggro, good against spiteful, and horrendous matchups against cube lock (which I barely see but I'm still at Rank 5). Only played one Hadronox druid and beat it, but I don't know enough to say how it would do generally.

Also, no deck code. Sorry :(

2x Righteous Protector
2x Cathedral Gargoyle
1x Lone Champion (which I want to replace)
2x Stonehill Defender
2x Scaleworm
1x Spellbreaker
2x Truesilver Champion
2x Twilight Drake
2x Cobalt Scalebane
2x Spkeridged Steed
2x Spiteful Summoner (yes, this works with a 6 cost spell)
1x Sunkeeper Tarim
2x Wyrmguard
2x Lay on Hands
2x Primordial Drake
1x Tiron Fordring
1x Uther of the Ebon Blade (I go back on forth on whether this is worth it, I feel like I rarely want to cast it and usually wait until it's all that's left)
1x Ysera (played with protection will usually last at least 2 turns)

Happy to get any feedback on this. It's taken me from 10 to 5 (I did play Even Pally to get two wins to get to 5). I'm going to see if it can take me all the way to legend. I'm thinking of adding the new 4 cost legendary which replenishes Divine Shield as that's pretty solid.
Looks good, I will give it a spin. Feels like I'm missing an equality concentration, but I can see why you cut it because of spitefull.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The highlight of my week was queuing up with Patron Warrior and facing classic Handlock. Just kill Naga Sea Witch, tone down Call to Arms, and nerf Carnivorous Cube, and the meta will be in a fantastic place.

Oct 28, 2017
Looks good, I will give it a spin. Feels like I'm missing an equality concentration, but I can see why you cut it because of spitefull.

I ran it for a bit but I liked spiteful better. I then tried to run spiteful with equality/consecration and it still worked most of the time, but pulling equality is basically no value at all and with all the taunts, you're never really against something you can't overcome even if a big minion has to hit multiple taunts you put down. Wyrmguard is a real hero for this, soaking at least two hits from big minions (and sometimes more if you can hit it with Lay on Hands).

I am going to replace the Lone Champion with either The Glass Knight or Aldor Peacekeeper. I think either of those will be better generally.

Oct 28, 2017
I gotta say though Cubelock just needs to go. The guy put up taunt after taunt after taunt that took forever to get through, healed for 22, and then ultimately OTK'd me for 35 damage (chewing through 5 armor as well). Obviously that was a perfect scenario for him, but it's just frankly not fun to play against. There is no counter to it other than running an outrageously aggressive deck that loses to everything else over half the time. That's a real problem.

They really need to change the demon's battlecry to an ability that always triggers when it comes into play. Moving charge to the battlecry would work too but this would keep it more within the spirit of the card.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Oct 25, 2017
I played 9 warlocks in a row just now.... seemsfine.jpg

DBnOlygU0AQ1Ww2.jpg

Those are just slight variations on other mostly aggro/ tempo decks though. I hoped it would bring some bigger changes like unforeseen did with quest, frozen throne with death knights, those all spawned some different decks.

Quests and deathknights didn't drastically create entirely new archetypes either. At best we had quest rogue being like an aggressive combo deck which got nerfed. There aren't a that many ways to reinvent archetypes, but these decks I'd say after very different from their contemporary counterparts. You'd never see a card like raid leader in a standard paladin list, or even stormwind champion, for example. And playing against them feels different too because you know what cards they definitely cannot run, like consecration in odd paladin or argent protector/stonehill defender in even paladin.

I think if you compare every new deck to things like quest rogue, everything falls short. Even deathknights were just a new way to play control decks, or for shaman it was a plug in for evolve shaman. I think you're being a bit nostalgic about those sets, this one has been very solid so far except for warlock which seems like it's back in full force.

Stormwind Champion is also a "solid" card. Which were generally exiled to arena only cards.

I'd describe it as a bad card that fits into a deck literally starved for any late game power, so mediocre at best. It hasn't even been that good in arena for years afaik.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
It's pretty impenetrable. Hit 5 star Rank 19; and now 5 loses in a row. This game, man. EDIT: Arrg. Done for the night...

Yeah, Baku/Quest Warrior seems legit.

Dormir, if you're on NA and want to play some games sometime, hit me up! I'm no expert, but I might be able to point out some things I notice!

candyFrog#1327

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
The highlight of my week was queuing up with Patron Warrior and facing classic Handlock. Just kill Naga Sea Witch, tone down Call to Arms, and nerf Carnivorous Cube, and the meta will be in a fantastic place.

Could you post your Patron Warrior decklist?

I really want to try this deck sometimes, but first I have to check how much dust I need.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nah even shaman is def the wild deck of the moment
I find that deck super manageable, so I'm okay with that. Haha. Although I lost to one last night because my opponent played Sea Giant and I played Ragnaros. Rag went face, and then my opponent played that minion who randomly gives windfury/taunt/divine shield, and of course he gave the Giant windfury. Then he plopped down Dire Wolf for another 2 damage for lethal. That was my BS loss of the night and where I stopped playing.

Could you post your Patron Warrior decklist?

I really want to try this deck sometimes, but first I have to check how much dust I need.
Here is Control's list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xwYFGTYwlQ

He's one of the top Wild players, so I'd rather give you his decklist than mine. My own decklist has a few cards that I really enjoy playing, but that might be suboptimal, like Ragnaros and the Warrior DK. I don't run any of the rush minions.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone play any deck, but paladin? Like 7/10 of my opponents were paladin and it forced me to play warlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.