• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that Quest Rogue is an issue again it hasn't really gained all that much from rotation, it lost coldlight oracle and a bouncer and only got vicious scalehide in return. So the only explanation as to why it's good again is that slow decks are overly represented in the meta.

In KnC it wasn't a terrible deck, just not playable on ladder. So it's really just the aggro decks having lost too much w/ rotation.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
quest rogue doesn't need a nerf, control warlock does. Warlock has suppressed all decks based on minion combat, this is what happens, it's the only reliable way to beat it and still quest rogue doesn't beat cubelock every time.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that Quest Rogue is an issue again it hasn't really gained all that much from rotation, it lost coldlight oracle and a bouncer and only got vicious scalehide in return. So the only explanation as to why it's good again is that slow decks are overly represented in the meta.

In KnC it wasn't a terrible deck, just not playable on ladder. So it's really just the aggro decks having lost too much w/ rotation.

Vicious Scalethingy has actually helped me win several matches against aggro decks. That card lets the quest rogue come back from taking a severe beating, something that was not possible before.
I do however dont think the deck needs a nerf. It requires skill to play.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like it was changed a bit quicker than Yogg was, so if it isn't the fastest change its pretty close.
The Yogg nerf took 6 months. This is way faster.

Still, I wonder when they'll get to the point where they can change the game without needing to push out an update. They said they were working on it, and once that's in place, they'll be able to update the game without having mobile certification slow things down.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a ton of posts about how you play standard and have a horrible experience, but I'd really like to know what rank you are seeing the things you complain about. Things change a good bit.

Currently rank 15 on EU. You see a great deal of different tier 1 decks, and the odd tier 2 here and there.
I have to admit though, like I said earlier, I am sorry for the massive venting the other days. I was in some really bad experiences where opponents got exact answers from topdecks and that shit feels much worse when it happens just before you gain a floor. Overall I have to agree there has been a great shift and we see a ton more decks than late in the last expansion. I still think that Even paladin and Cubelock need to be nerfed.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Vicious Scalethingy has actually helped me win several matches against aggro decks. That card lets the quest rogue come back from taking a severe beating, something that was not possible before.
I do however dont think the deck needs a nerf. It requires skill to play.
it is very good no contest but hard aggro matchups are still close to unwinnable unless you get the nuts. Those kind of matchups just keep coming up less and less frequently and against midrange you get a chance to complete the quest and make the lifegain truly shine.

Current builds of QR are much less consistent than they were pre rotation, playing multiple saps and/or FoKs as well as Valeera.

Oct 25, 2017
Currently rank 15 on EU. You see a great deal of different tier 1 decks, and the odd tier 2 here and there.
I have to admit though, like I said earlier, I am sorry for the massive venting the other days. I was in some really bad experiences where opponents got exact answers from topdecks and that shit feels much worse when it happens just before you gain a floor. Overall I have to agree there has been a great shift and we see a ton more decks than late in the last expansion. I still think that Even paladin and Cubelock need to be nerfed.
Thanks. I don't know how EU and NA differ, but NA at rank floor 10 has had a good many random things.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having the most luck with Quest Warrior right now. R4, 3 stars and climbing. Not even the Baku version, pretty vanilla. There are so many tools there and it's a lot of fun.

I don't have Lich King so I replaced it with Rotface. I usually ping out a legendary or two with him (using Blood Razor or Warpath) and force a removal so I think it's a decent inclusion.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I feel driven to ladder in standard now just to prove to everyone that Phantom Militia is good in Quest Rogue since no one will believe me.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Quest Rogue doesn't need a nerf. It needs to DIE.
I'll sacrifice Void Lords and Control / Cube Warlock to do it.

No, I totally didn't craft Rin.
I don't know how she got there.

Quest Rogue drove me to take a long break from the game last time it was rampant.
I hope it doesn't reach that point again.

It's like, I don't know, Lyng. I see you get frustrated with the broken, degenerate aspects of Hearthstone, but then you say you play Quest Rogue. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
so apparently if your deck is empty, even/odd cards will proc their effect

they aren't looking for a deck that has odd cards, they're looking for a deck that lacks even cards

the card text is slightly misleading, because a deck with no cards and a deck that "has only odd cards" aren't the same thing
Are you discussing Baku/Genn cards? as those state Start of the Game effects. Or am I mistaken?

Also, I still cannot decide what legendary to craft-- Genn or Baku. Even Pally seems awesome, but it doesn't match with Odd Hunter. Guess I'll continue to wait out the current meta-cyclone.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you discussing Baku/Genn cards? as those state Start of the Game effects. Or am I mistaken?

Also, I still cannot decide what legendary to craft-- Genn or Baku. Even Pally seems awesome, but it doesn't match with Odd Hunter. Guess I'll continue to wait out the current meta-cyclone.

No, stuff like Black Cat.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Quest Rogue's reward the problem, or 5/5s with charge plopping down over and over and going face?

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
No, stuff like Black Cat.
I milled myself to death because of Black Cat. Empty deck, was going for an RNG lethal with missiles, threw out Black Cat and it forced a card draw. Not because I had only even cards like the text says, but because I didn't have any odds.

I wouldn't say that's "slightly misleading" - it's straight up wrong.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I milled myself to death because of Black Cat. Empty deck, was going for an RNG lethal with missiles, threw out Black Cat and it forced a card draw. Not because I had only even cards like the text says, but because I didn't have any odds.

I wouldn't say that's "slightly misleading" - it's straight up wrong.
Do you want the Shaman even card that pings for 2 to stop working when your deck is empty?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I was thinking of trying that but I don't know whether the aggro matchups are the ones you should even try to improve at this point.
It's even good against control because it's another bounce back. A panda + 1 drop is 3 mana too, so it's not exactly taking extra time often.

Double cheat death is pretty important though so you can start the chain on curve.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Quest Rogue's reward the problem, or 5/5s with charge plopping down over and over and going face?
I don't even think the chargers are a problem. Well actually with Zola it becomes a bit more of a problem.

I mentioned earlier that if the reward lasted a limited amount of turns then I think that would be a bit more tolerable. Yesterday I used psychic scream 4 times and knew I was just delaying my death. There was absolutely nothing I could do. 5 turns feels like more than enough in my opinion.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does Tavern Brawl award anything beyond the 1st win pack?

no, never, but you can use it for the 10g after 3 wins, sometimes the brawl is so quick you can farm that gold, the last one where all minions were 1/1 for 1 mana was good example, it usually ended by turn 2-3 and that was quick enough to farm the 30 wins

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This weeks Tavern Brawl is great for the play X card of a class quests. All of the decks seem to have a high percentage of class cards in them.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This weeks Tavern Brawl is great for the play X card of a class quests. All of the decks seem to have a high percentage of class cards in them.

So far its been a nightmare for me. Nothing but shamans. And my quest is mage so it ends up beeing endless shudderwock matches.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I don't even think the chargers are a problem. Well actually with Zola it becomes a bit more of a problem.

I mentioned earlier that if the reward lasted a limited amount of turns then I think that would be a bit more tolerable. Yesterday I used psychic scream 4 times and knew I was just delaying my death. There was absolutely nothing I could do. 5 turns feels like more than enough in my opinion.
That sounds like a problem unique to Psychic scream, which needs a drawback like that for otherwise being maybe the best board clear in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like a problem unique to Psychic scream, which needs a drawback like that for otherwise being maybe the best board clear in the game.
Even if I had 2 dragonfires, it wouldn't be enough. 4 would probably be enough, depending on how aggressive or conservative the rogue was playing, but that's saying IF I got the two dragonfires off of shadow visions.

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
Built a Priest Deck that beats all forms of Paladin, Quest Rogue is a thing again. Oh Hearthstone how I love/hate thee.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
made it to rank 1 for the first time ever! pretty happy about that. not expecting to get to legend this month, but im gonna keep trying and we'll see.

Odd Rogue is dope as fuck.

I KNOW, RITE?
I've been lucky enough to only face THREE on my climb to rank 5.

I know it probably gets worse from here.

I'm good. Gonna stay at five. lol

i honestly havent seen many recently. maybe like 1 a day at most over the last 4-5 days.

aaaand my first game at rank 1 is a Quest Rogue lol... beat the first one i saw today. this one high rolled the shit outta me.

Last edited:

Tuna

Oct 25, 2017
Not really in the mood to climb anymore after reaching legend. That shit was exhausting enough. But I have yet to lose a game with Odd Rogue in Legend whenever I do decide to play a game. It's so easy to stay ahead on board with that nutty hero power. Been dodging Warlocks like a pro so far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.