• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
What's the priest deck?

So I know what I should go against

### ThatsSoMeta
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (2) Mind Blast
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (2) Stubborn Gastropod
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (4) Ancient Mage
# 2x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 1x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (4) Scaleworm
# 2x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 2x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (8) The Lich King
#
AAECAZ/HAgqTB/sM5sIC08UCm8sCx8sCws4CkNMCifEC7/ECCqEE8gXJBo0I1gryDNHBAsnHAvDPAsvmAgA=
#

Haven't lost a match against Pally yet.It struggles with a few other decks however.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
### ThatsSoMeta
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (2) Mind Blast
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (2) Stubborn Gastropod
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (4) Ancient Mage
# 2x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 1x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (4) Scaleworm
# 2x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 2x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (8) The Lich King
#
AAECAZ/HAgqTB/sM5sIC08UCm8sCx8sCws4CkNMCifEC7/ECCqEE8gXJBo0I1gryDNHBAsnHAvDPAsvmAgA=
#

Haven't lost a match against Pally yet.It struggles with a few other decks however.

Yeah, that deck has alot of aoe and something like Northshire cleric is enough to repel a pally from using their hero power.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Well even though I've only played maybe 7 games with quest rogue and sure my opponents weren't all tier one but they all lost.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I play super casually but I really liked the last PvE dungeon setup. It's a fun little mentally challenging getaway to have in my pocket to play on the fly.

So, I'm pretty stoked for this next one.

But I pulled Lord Godfrey in my free packs so I'm thinking of foraying into the PvP world more. Haven't really played much PvP since super early in the game's release. So, I don't have that robust of a library of cards to be able to churn out decks. Is there a guide for getting packs of cards quickly and cheaply?

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the anti-Quest Rogue deck? My Secret Mage hasn't been terrible against it but not amazing either. I roll over Paladins though. Most trouble is against Warlock without a near-perfect draw.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Having a hard time getting excited to try to ladder up. I made rank 7 which is probably twice as high as I've ever bothered before. Hoping Monster Hunt will be a nice distraction.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
you ever have a dumb deck idea you just won't give up on?

I'm going to make Egg Priest work, dammit

any idea what cards from this expansion are good to craft? I already have Baku.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan

I'm really tempted to craft Chameleos for a Priest deck. I'm mostly playing a Lady in White deck and Chameleos just seems all around pretty versatile. I really liked using it in this weeks Tavern Brawl.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Played Cubelock and Spiteful Druid only this month and I currently have exactly the same win loss ratio with both decks: 30-15.

Weird!

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I spent a long time trying to make Dreadsteed work, and I finally got it to a functional place. Then it got nerfed and became functionally awful. It might still work if Warlock ever gets an anti-fatigue card, though.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

You have Baku, so you can instantly play a lot of competitive Even decks that have no other Withwood cards in them. There really is not much else in this expansion that is really needed to be honest. If you craft Genn that opens up a lot of Odd options - but once again little other Witchwood cards are needed alongside them

The best two Epics IMO are Voodoo Doll (Mage, Warlock use it), Arcane Keysmith (Mage)

Decent Rares are Silver Sword (Pali), Witchwood Grizzly (Warrior, Druid), Lifedrinker (Mage), Cinderstorm (Mage), Scaleworm (Priest)

Rotten Applebaum (Druid, Warrior), Blink Fox (Rogue), Hench Clan Thug (Rogue) are decent Commons

If you just want to have fun, and dont care about losing a few games, then Legendaries like Tess Greymane and Hagatha the Witch means you will be entertained by having different, interesting games every time you play.

Tess Greymane is actually my fave card of the set, but not because she is winning me games, just cause I am having the most fun playing decks based around her.

Oct 25, 2017
This boss' hero power gives all spells echo
And I have a passive that reduces the cost of cards that don't start in your deck
So when I used the hero power to discover divine strength....

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04-26-18_13.30.31.png

ez win lol

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Monster Hunt has that same slow loading bug for me that Dungeon Run had...

...at least in EU, at least for me (playing on an iPad).

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Odd Paladin might be the weaker Even/Odd deck, but it's a lot of fun. I've just crafted a second Witch's Cauldron. Flooding the board over and over is very satisfying, and building a handful of (often useless) spells is the good kind of RNG. I've won a game because my hand had 3 earth shocks. I've won a game because I put deathrattle: put this minion back in your hand on an owl. I won a game putting windfury on Leeroy Jenkins. It's like playing a surprisingly effective arena deck.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
No modes start for HS right now? :( Also, I'm rank 5 and got matched against a legend player? He was 3000+ though?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
so fyi, if you have tess and are facing the spell echo guy, you automatically win as long as you can use your hero power before any other spell is cast

because doing so gives you a 0-mana deal 1 damage spell, which will of course have echo in that fight, so...

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, Tess' last boss is basically Kingsbane rogue, but he plays Fel Reaver, which makes it stupid easy to mill it from his deck and win the game.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the last boss with Tess. Basically, I had the luck to mill him to death despite his special thingy. But it was real close! And he has a nice interaction with patches which I got 3 of in my deck.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Wow, Tess' last boss is basically Kingsbane rogue, but he plays Fel Reaver, which makes it stupid easy to mill it from his deck and win the game.

Beat the last boss with Tess. Basically, I had the luck to mill him to death despite his special thingy. But it was real close! And he has a nice interaction with patches which I got 3 of in my deck.

I didn't manage to mill the Kingsbane but I had so many jades, from Shadowsteps and Jade Shurikens (from using hero power), that I was still able to seal the deal as our decks were getting thin. I had the perks of +2 health to all friendlies at the start of turn and enemy minions cost +1. I'm a bit surprised I beat it on my first run since I've been doing lots of Dungeon Run and have only won once with Druid (no jades, just lots of filling the board and AoE buffs).

EDIT: I also had the minion that gets +2 Spell Damage whenever a spell is cast but never got to use it for anything too degenerate. Combo'ed well with shuriken, 0 mana stone, and some razor petals.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So every time I try to start the 8th boss with my current run as Tess it tells me it can't start the game and to try back in a few minutes. Are there servers on fire?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
finished the adventure with tess but for some reason it tells me that i have only beaten 9 bosses instead of 10

way easier than the other adventure..or maybe it's just tess' ability that is OP..many times it has been the decisive factor....

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Was doing fine as Tess until Face Collector which was a lot like the one dungeon run boss that just upgrades minions like crazy and rolls over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.