• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yep. I have learned that you frequently want to just slam Gul'dan down in some matchups regardless of how many demons you get. Waiting to get max value off the battlecry endangers your HP too much against some decks.

Getting 1 voidwalker is worth it if you can use that 3 HP heal every turn from then on.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Yeah the hero power has the ability to win games by itself, especially if you're at the point in the game where you can start going face with it. A 6 health swing each turn is pretty ridiculous. Not sure it's better than the Jaraxxus hero power in terms of best in the game but it's definitely up there.

Side note, I guess Marin the Fox really isn't all that bad, or at least not as bad as I thought it would be. I've noticed some control lists that run Medivh dropping it for Marin instead.

SuperSonic

Oct 25, 2017
hit 5k wins when i wasn't looking

kT3o7GH.png

also i'm intentionally down at rank 10 so i can play goofy ass decks but people are still tryharding with real shit. this season doesn't count! none of this matters!

Rank 10 is for goofy shit? I can't even get past rank 16 trying my hardest.

Oct 25, 2017
hearthstonescreenshotuwjdl.png

Feels good until I lost to shitty no skill Quest Mage.

Eh? Quest mage isn't no skill. I realize you're probably just venting but that kind of antagonistic language is not appreciated and I am sure some people here play that deck.

How do you beat big druid?

Hope they don't draw Kun?

Really depends on what deck you're running. I try to minimize spreading plague value by only having a few decent threats on board, bigger the better obviously, and having a follow up plan in case they deathwing.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you beat big druid?

Hope they don't draw Kun?

you want to execute on your deck's game plan and force them to be reactive instead of playing their own threats.

it's a pretty tough deck to beat when they ramp like crazy and UI on turn 5 or 6. but typically when they're ramping they're not doing anything else so you should be able to get a lot of damage in and get to a point where you can ignore their threats and finish them off. really depends on what deck you're playing.

Oct 25, 2017
Also gotta remember they can heal for like 8-13 off a single earthen scales. So if you're relying on a certain amount of burn, gotta keep in mind that might fail.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the timing of your freezes is very important. that's the thing people playing the deck get wrong most of the time when playing freeze or quest mage.

Oct 25, 2017
After decades of playing Hearthstone, I finally did it. I uncrated Leeroy Jenkins in a random quest pack. So, is he actually still okay? Specifically, can anyone recommend one single card to change out in this deck and replace with him? If you can help me understand why that card I would also appreciate it. I'd prefer not to change more than one card since the deck is working okay.

### Pirate Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) N'Zoth's First Mate
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Upgrade!
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Bloodsail Cultist
# 2x (3) Fiery War Axe
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 2x (4) Naga Corsair
# 2x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (5) Arcanite Reaper
# 2x (5) Bittertide Hydra
#
AAECAQcCkbwCnOICDhywApED/wOOBagF1AXyBe4GgrACiLACub8Cr8IC68ICAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
then probably naga corsair?

I really hope pirate warrior gets thrown a bone in this next expansion. fiery war axe was oppressive to decks like tempo rogue and zoo but now people are just playing big druid and super greedy priest decks. something really needs to be done about it.

Oct 25, 2017

I really hope pirate warrior gets thrown a bone in this next expansion. fiery war axe was oppressive to decks like tempo rogue and zoo but now people are just playing big druid and super greedy priest decks. something really needs to be done about it.
That seems like a reasonable choice.

And about pirate warrior, the Keleseth version is actually pretty fun for me and I should be able to hit rank 10 eventually. I briefly wondered if the new ghost pirate could be useful but since it's just stats on the board I assume it's too slow.

I'm 10-2 against priest decks, but I'm not even to rank 10 yet so maybe I'm only playing bad decks. Dragon priest is the really bad matchup in particular. I've always hated playing against it no matter what class I'm playing.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas

Pirate Warrior was a top tier deck for an extremely long time. I think it's fine to let it die and give Warrior something else.

Cystm

I never got to legendary and gave up after getting stuck at rank 2 before reset. Been thinking about scratching that itch in the up coming months.

I stopped playing shortly after Gadgetzan was released. Can I come back competitively without having to buy everything I've missed this year immediately?

Also, I'm looking at the game removed from it for a year and idek wtf it is anymore.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pirate warrior dies for good when patches rotates out. until then there's plenty of face to smash!

the keleseth package is pretty bad because missing your 2 drop in aggro is bad and armor up doesn't go face. and heroic strike is just ridiculous amounts of burn.

Oct 25, 2017
I never got to legendary and gave up after getting stuck at rank 2 before reset. Been thinking about scratching that itch in the up coming months.

I stopped playing shortly after Gadgetzan was released. Can I come back competitively without having to buy everything I've missed this year immediately?

Also, I'm looking at the game removed from it for a year and idek wtf it is anymore.

Define competitively.

I mean, you can get to legend with a single good deck for sure.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reddit just had a post where someone hit legend as F2P this month. I didn't read the details. I know someone hit #1 legend in Wild using Face Hunter. The deck lives!

If you are stuck at a lower rank, issue of play quality, not understanding the meta, or a lack of time invested into the game. Up to you if you want to fix any of those issues. Though I just hit rank 10 tonight, and the climb was a lot harder than it was last month.

I enjoy playing Quest Mage, but IMO the skill ceiling is a lot lower than traditional Freeze Mage was. Some people still run Freeze Mage in Wild and it confuses the hell out of me. Quest Mage feels superior in every way outside of the Alex heal against aggro. But not having any inwinnable match-ups is more than a fair trade for that shortcoming.

Fun fact: some Quest Mage players in Wild run Reno.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta love when Blizzard decides you've won too much and suddenly all your opponents are curving out perfectly the first 6 turns of the game.

I'm curious to if this is actually a thing or not, I certainly get mad salty when I get a series of opponents with perfect curve + answers after winning a lot but does Blizzard actually implement measures to keep your win rate down?

Copper

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Got legend this month, bit later compared to usual and went straight to dumpster rank.

I'm never getting that top10 at end of month man.

That said, jade druid still treating me well in wild, favorable vs raza priest and has game against most other decks. You never feel completely lost even against unfavorable matchups like giant hunter or resurrect priest.

Levi

Oct 25, 2017
d4pFjzv.png

I got to play against my favorite streamer, that was fun. I've also played against Astrogation and Pksnow this season, and a bunch of guys names I recognize as opponents on streams I watch.

Hard stuck at rank 1 tho. Feels bad. Many negative thoughts. Trying to push through but also trying to accept that I am probably just not good enough yet.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you've gotten to rank 1 you're definitely good enough. it's really only a function of time, making good meta reads and not going on tilt and playing poorly.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
d4pFjzv.png

I got to play against my favorite streamer, that was fun. I've also played against Astrogation and Pksnow this season, and a bunch of guys names I recognize as opponents on streams I watch.

Hard stuck at rank 1 tho. Feels bad. Many negative thoughts. Trying to push through but also trying to accept that I am probably just not good enough yet.

Navi is definitely one of my favorite streamers too. He's usually on right before I go to bed so I try to catch him for a few minutes as I'm brushing my teeth/getting ready to sleep. It helps that his chat isn't usually too terrible too.

Only 5 stars to go! You'll def get there this month.

Oct 25, 2017
This week's brawl is Kobolds themed! Also rewards a free Kobolds pack :)
Maybe I'm getting unlucky every time, but the priest deck seems TERRIBLE. It's packed full of 4-6 cost cards.

*edit* Oh, it's RNG. So that's why I just had 3 Razas.
*edit again* Weird, I killed a Sindragosa's champion with Frostmourne and it didn't summon a champion for me. The only thing I can think was MAYBE my side was full? I didn't think it was though.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh wow, I was surprised to see the kobolds pack pop up!

that made me think they should really just award a "pack ticket" instead of forcing us anything they want to put.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm getting unlucky every time, but the priest deck seems TERRIBLE. It's packed full of 4-6 cost cards.

*edit* Oh, it's RNG. So that's why I just had 3 Razas.
*edit again* Weird, I killed a Sindragosa's champion with Frostmourne and it didn't summon a champion for me. The only thing I can think was MAYBE my side was full? I didn't think it was though.

Frostmourne is a deathrattle card.

Status
Not open for further replies.