• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
What a ridiculous game against DK Evolve Shaman.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yB3cfTR784aTnFwWX8XHrY

I Sap his Lich King into a full hand and Vanish to destroy his Al'Akir too. His second Evolve gives him another Lich King, Earth Elemental, and Anomalus. I'm forced to sacrifice two Arcane Giants and a Vilespine to clear the board by killing Anomalus.

I end up winning because I draw my second Giant and he fails to remove them, being immune to Devolve.

Oct 25, 2017
I played Shaman in the brawl because I had the overload quest. The deck had evolves in it so you can just deny your opponent the treasure lol

The chest turned into 4 Mana 7/7 for me too so that was amazing

Oct 25, 2017
In one rogue game against me tonight, swashburglar gave the rogue the infinity gauntlet. This game, they got the hammer of twilight. What weird rolls.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This brawl is fun and great for quests? It has been a while since we hit on that combination.

I've been laddering with Zoolock recently. It feels like coming home. Back to a warm couch that I've known for years. Except with Dreadlords and Bonemares.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the end of turn timer were more strict. I just watched a mage stay on the very last tick of the rope for something like 6-10 seconds while multiple cards got drawn and spells got cast.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I crafted Guldan and god damn Handlock is fun now.

Defile and the Dreadlord make it so much better to play! I've not played Handlock since TGT.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the end of turn timer were more strict. I just watched a mage stay on the very last tick of the rope for something like 6-10 seconds while multiple cards got drawn and spells got cast.
That's because of animation lock. The player did those actions long ago but Hearthstone has no process of speeding up the lengthy animations.

Absent Uncle

Oct 25, 2017
Oslo
That's because of animation lock. The player did those actions long ago but Hearthstone has no process of speeding up the lengthy animations.
It also keeps those actions from eating up your own time as it did before where Nosdormu + some other card literally kept your opponent from playing their turn because all their time was used on animations from your turn.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
The rope on your side is a lie.. opposite player doing those action in time if they manage to finish those action..

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah the rope is a few seconds too long but your opponent's rope will wait for animations to complete for before animating the end of the turn. your opponent didn't actually get an additional 10 seconds.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
so I didn't play for a few days, now today I login I have two 100g quests. Seems legit. That has never happened before.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely seems like the game is saving the best quests for less frequent players. My friend who goes days without playing gets them all the time, I play almost daily and have seen only one in the last month or so.

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Hard stuck at rank 1 tho. Feels bad. Many negative thoughts. Trying to push through but also trying to accept that I am probably just not good enough yet.

Playing against Navi is pretty awesome. I know we both were subs at one time.

You will definitely get Legend. It's a numbers game now. In my previous Legend runs it was not a straight line. My last time was something like rank 1-5-2-1-3-1-4-Legend. Not even kidding.

The only thing to do is ignore rank as much as you can to avoid some of the stress. I used alcohol at one stage :).

jaytothe

Oct 30, 2017
What a ridiculous game against DK Evolve Shaman.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yB3cfTR784aTnFwWX8XHrY

I Sap his Lich King into a full hand and Vanish to destroy his Al'Akir too. His second Evolve gives him another Lich King, Earth Elemental, and Anomalus. I'm forced to sacrifice two Arcane Giants and a Vilespine to clear the board by killing Anomalus.

I end up winning because I draw my second Giant and he fails to remove them, being immune to Devolve.

nm found on site

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
As awesome as the new dungeon crawling single-player mode in Kobolds sounds, what is th is reward for it? Hopefully at least SOME gold or dust, or a chance at packs/cards? Is there an entry fee? Can't seem to find much concrete info about it.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As awesome as the new dungeon crawling single-player mode in Kobolds sounds, what is th is reward for it? Hopefully at least SOME gold or dust, or a chance at packs/cards? Is there an entry fee? Can't seem to find much concrete info about it.

right now the only thing is a card back for beating it with all 9 classes.

I hope they reconsider and at least give a little gold or dust for completing a run. not as much as playing PvP but something for your time.

personally I don't care because if it's good I'll play it over and over again because I love roguelikes. I don't get a reward for beating binding of Isaac or Spelunky for the millionth time.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
right now the only thing is a card back for beating it with all 9 classes.

I hope they reconsider and at least give a little gold or dust for completing a run. not as much as playing PvP but something for your time.

personally I don't care because if it's good I'll play it over and over again because I love roguelikes. I don't get a reward for beating binding of Isaac or Spelunky for the millionth time.

I really hope they reconsider this too... a little incentive is just what I need to play the mode regularly.

Oct 27, 2017
"Drink with me friend." Panda is really good in this brawl. I'm excited for the reveals. Doing all I can just to power my way to rank 5 this month. I'm at the point where I am only having 1 fun game out every 30 or so now. This expansion needs a huge injection of strong unique class cards that encourage unique playstyles. I am so sick of the keleseth, patches, southsea, bonemare, scalebane set just with varying hero powers and skins. I don't care if one tempo deck is better at fighting for an early board with backstabs, while another can fight better in the late game thanks to life tap. It just feels the same. Give me strong taunt druid, dead man warrior, miracle rogue, vampire demonlock cards. They failed miserably at making each match feel different this expansion.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
"Drink with me friend." Panda is really good in this brawl. I'm excited for the reveals. Doing all I can just to power my way to rank 5 this month. I'm at the point where I am only having 1 fun game out every 30 or so now. This expansion needs a huge injection of strong unique class cards that encourage unique playstyles. I am so sick of the keleseth, patches, southsea, bonemare, scalebane set just with varying hero powers and skins. I don't care if one tempo deck is better at fighting for an early board with backstabs, while another can fight better in the late game thanks to life tap. It just feels the same. Give me strong taunt druid, dead man warrior, miracle rogue, vampire demonlock cards. They failed miserably at making each match feel different this expansion.
Same except I quit after 1 game unless I have to do a quest. I legit hover the concede button on turn 1 now in case I see coin keleseth.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
just pulled a benedictus from an arena pack. probably the last legendary of koft that I pull out of a pack and the meme is real.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
At rank 10 finally. Was a bit more of a pain in the ass than last season. I'll work my way to 5 by the weekend and hopefully finally get that darn Legend cardback this month before the new expansion. I also finally cleared the first 2 wings of Kara so I got much needed cards for my decks (Priest of the Feast, Swashburglar, Barnes, Maelstrom Portal, etc). I really don't want to grind out the other 2 wings but are absolutely necessary if I want to play Dragon Priest or pretty much any Mage deck.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much they are going to show at the starting stream. I feel like in the past its a lot of talking about the expansion and very little showing. They then start daily or near daily streamers revealing 1 card each. Then having a final stream where they dump TONS of cards at once. Generally the most OP stuff is in that final dump. Its where we got stuff like Small Time Buc in the past.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Ben Brode for a card reveal stream. Peter Whalen is just not that funny. I hope they will do a final reveal stream with Ben Brode. This is always really entertaining with all the trash talk.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for that stream.

Only deck I've really enjoyed playing lately outside of checking off dailies has been Quest Hunter because its a lot of fun and nobody ever plays it / against it because its bad and who would play this shit. Have played it exclusively this season and has taken me to rank 7 but pretty much not good enough to get past there.

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Ben Brode for a card reveal stream. Peter Whalen is just not that funny. I hope they will do a final reveal stream with Ben Brode. This is always really entertaining with all the trash talk.
The Ben Brode vs. whoever stream last expansion was hilarious where they just played decks against each other and revealed as they went along. I'd welcome that again.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
hearthstonescreenshot6lkw5.png

You know the extra annoying thing? I couldn't trigger them the whole game, but my opponent had a Kazakus on turn four that did work. Get your algorithm in order Blizzard.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ben Brode with the best laugh and Kibler with the best smile. Truly the dream team.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
+1 for Brode and Kibler.

For the dungeon crawling mode, SOMETHING should await you at the end of a dungeon run. Make it a one-chest arena style reward. Chance of dust, gold, or rarely, an actual golden card. Limit it to one reward a day or 3-5 a week or whatever. I should be able to get something for doing well in any mode of the game imo.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Having another crisis of faith in this game as nothing more than starting hand decides like ten games in a row. I'd like to make at least one meaningful choice per game.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having another crisis of faith in this game as nothing more than starting hand decides like ten games in a row. I'd like to make at least one meaningful choice per game.

if you play zoolock there are several decisions there... I can't even tell now how many times I've fucked it up because I thought it was a good idea to play the doomguard.

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe you're making some mistakes, perhaps in mulligan? If you want, I'll take a look at some of your replays if you have them. I get the feeling that sometimes all the choices are out of your hands, but often I feel that way when I am either on tilt and playing poorly or just playing poorly.

I think the worst thing one can do is blame the rng all the time, when it happens 10 times in a row you need to think about other issues that could be the cause, like deck choice, card selections etc., mulligan choices, play order choices.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Not like that, I'm talking like a (aggro) Hunter mulliganing from Bonemare/Highmane/Rhino to Huntmaster/2x Kill Command. Then drawing first hand's cards. And the equivalent happening for the opponent next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.