• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying the draws disproportionately outweighed the value of play choices. This game is not rocket science, neither player is likely to punt in a horrible manner during a game.

So now you're saying people don't make mistakes? People make mistakes all the time.

edit:
I'm just trying to help here. But I also completely disagree when people say games are decided by opening hands. Very few match ups are decided that way consistently.

Last edited:

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hit rank 5 every month with Jade Druid, and I consistently draw through my entire deck during my climb. Ditto when I hit legend a few months ago.

Last month I hit rank 5 with Fatigue Warlock.

Some people climb with Fatigue Warrior just fine.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They need to copy this card for hearthstone:

en_T3fV1QsMtw.png

I don't get... This cards makes a 2 v 1 game?

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
So now you're saying people don't make mistakes? People make mistakes all the time.

edit:
I'm just trying to help here. But I also completely disagree when people say games are decided by opening hands. Very few match ups are decided that way consistently.
you're playing against rogue and your starting hand is UI, Medivh, Nourish. Your opponent goes coin Keleseth.
you can argue that mistakes in the mulligan were made but what if the hand before was nourish, jade behemoth mark of the lotus.

I don't think BabyMurloc was looking for advice as much as a place to vent.
I don't get... This cards makes a 2 v 1 game?
yes it's from an upcoming joke set with cards only legal in its own format. It doesn't work within the confines of the game, that's why they are silver bordered instead of black.

It makes it a 2v1 game, you take your turns together and share a health pool. You can block for each other and attack together.

Oct 25, 2017
you're playing against rogue and your starting hand is UI, Medivh, Nourish. Your opponent goes coin Keleseth.
you can argue that mistakes in the mulligan were made but what if the hand before was nourish, jade behemoth mark of the lotus.

I don't think BabyMurloc was looking for advice as much as a place to vent.

We're talking about over the breadth of many games, not a single instance of extremely bad RNG.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Brawl can produce some ridiculous games.

Opponent got the goblet and filled his hand with Primordial Drakes. I play my own goblet and get Armorsmith. At one point I have 80+ armor but with all those Drakes I can't hit face.

I win in fatigue.

Oct 25, 2017
we don't know how many games and while statistical outliers you can still get a bunch of games like that in a row.

when people are venting they usually aren't reasonable and offering advice might be well intended but can also be unwanted.

This conversation with you is getting off topic. If he doesn't want any advice that is his choice. Not gonna argue with you over what he wants or doesn't want. And really, if you're playing a properly constructed deck, it's rare outcome that decisions don't matter. And I'm 27-4 with midrange paladin in wild so the idea that the game is too heavily influenced by starting hand and not by your decisions is completely wrong and I'm open to discuss that but I'm not gonna be silenced because someone maybe, maybe not, doesn't want to hear that point of view on the topic.

edit:
I probably come off a bit more aggressively than I intend to here.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this paladin list is pretty legit (wild list). Took it off tempostorm. I knew this kind of deck was strong based on the last time I played my own version of it. Went 29-5. Barely felt taxing playing all those games, I guess in part due to heavily familiarity with the deck already and part due to most of my opponents being low rank since this is the first I went to wild ladder this month.

### Recruit Paladin - Wild M
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 1x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Shielded Minibot
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Rallying Blade
# 2x (3) Steward of Darkshire
# 1x (3) Wickerflame Burnbristle
# 1x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (5) Quartermaster
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (7) Vinecleaver
#
AAEBAZ8FCKcF9AWvB/oOkbwCvL0CucECg8cCC9QFsQjqD+wP7Q/ZrgL/rwK4xwLZxwLjywKW6AIA
#

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
gone from top 20 legend to 300 today

most of my queue is broken and disconnected after queuing and I still rewarded a loss

shouldn't even played today, and made me want stop playing for awhile

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Got a Marin in Arena. Should be fun if I draw it :p

edit: oh god it spawned 2 tirions for me when my opponent had lethal <3

Last edited:

Copper

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
gone from top 20 legend to 300 today

most of my queue is broken and disconnected after queuing and I still rewarded a loss

Went from 8 to 30 as well. Top wild legend is shit, u queue into the same people again and again , it's all a game of counterqueuing. Legend ladder worldwide server blizz plz. Who care about latency in this game.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017

edit:

Don't worry about it, I was just venting. I still do feel that aggro hunter is especially dependent on the opening hands (of you and opponent). There's all kinds of synergy minions that need to come out in the right order and they're very vulnerable to early removal. Also the deck inevitably stalls and has little recovery. Which is actually something I could use help figuring out, what options are there to make hunter aggro go longer. Highmane and Bonemare are the easy solutions that I'm using right now.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Obsidian Statue kills the Marin chest out of 6 possible minions, gets the legendary spell, spawns 2 Y'shaarj

I need a break

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone play Ancient One decks anymore? Seems like a really fun card but if it loses to everything then no point in crafting it. Although I did dust the minion copying legendary which I now regret.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So guys, are DK's now excluded from Arena? Did I miss this?

If this is the case, I'm totally going to focus into Arena for a while. I don't really want to spend another £50 on pre-ordering another expansion so playing with the new cards in Arena would suit me better at the moment.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So guys, are DK's now excluded from Arena? Did I miss this?

If this is the case, I'm totally going to focus into Arena for a while. I don't really want to spend another £50 on pre-ordering another expansion so playing with the new cards in Arena would suit me better at the moment.
yup, they're out as of Monday. if you see one it was drafted before that.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry about it, I was just venting. I still do feel that aggro hunter is especially dependent on the opening hands (of you and opponent). There's all kinds of synergy minions that need to come out in the right order and they're very vulnerable to early removal. Also the deck inevitably stalls and has little recovery. Which is actually something I could use help figuring out, what options are there to make hunter aggro go longer. Highmane and Bonemare are the easy solutions that I'm using right now.

I'd imagine bittertide hydra is a stronger option than some slower cards like highmane and bonemare, at least for aggro hunter. If you're aiming for midrange I think you might run all 3 of them though.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
41% win rate with trump.dec elemental mage. I'm calling 100% Blizzard shenanigans on streamer win rates. I might be a drooling idiot that can't play even the weakest opponents, but Trump's opponents cannot be.

Oct 25, 2017
He's better at the game than you are.
I believe this is an oversimplification. He is also playing in a different environment -- a high-profile streamer who who is also getting matched against the decks that are meta at his ranking and/or hidden rating and/or deck profile(s).

If you play through rank 20-1 for example, you may notice that the common decks change depending on the ranking. There are also a lot more opponents so variability may be a lot higher.

BabyMurloc, if you wouldn't mind posting the deck list and your ranking we may be able to offer suggestions.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
41% win rate with trump.dec elemental mage. I'm calling 100% Blizzard shenanigans on streamer win rates. I might be a drooling idiot that can't play even the weakest opponents, but Trump's opponents cannot be.

There are a lot of elemental mage variants going around right now. Post the list maybe, and see what people have to say about it?

I will say that I've been playing pretty much exclusively control mage this season, outside of quests, and I've been doing okay. Had a terrible downrank streak yesterday though that pushed me to 8 from 6, which made me sad.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
did y'all do a review of last expansions predictions at this one yet? that wording is confusing but i mean at the end of the expansion looking back on what we all predicted. speaking of which i hope we keep doing that on era!

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Obvious additions are Blazecallers and Frost Lich Jaina. But that's a bit too much "pay 30 bucks to improve your win rate". I want some more elemental payoffs maybe.

Gdnb4Iw.jpg

random but that's super close to what im playing this second, bc i got an elemental mage deck (didn't consider bonemare though, i should fit it in)

### ELEMENTAL
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (2) Flame Geyser
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 1x (2) Pyros
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 1x (4) Polymorph
# 1x (4) Steam Surger
# 1x (4) Tol'vir Stoneshaper
# 2x (4) Water Elemental
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 2x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (7) Firelands Portal
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
#
AAECAf0ECE3QAuwHo7YCwsECysECmcICm9MCC7sCiwOVA6sElgW/wQLrwgLCwwLKwwKYxALIxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsdecktracker.net

imo u should def get the second servant of kalimos, its a cheap card that IMO is one of the best elementals , esp for budget deck since u can nab blazecaller or pyros!

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Curiously though, lack of FLJ might just be what makes the win rate tank: 60% of games lost, let's say half will see Jaina, let's say she turns around half the games. That pushes the win rate from 40 to 55. Just a guesstimation but considering how I lose just about every game where a DK hits the table it's probably bad for everyone else as well.

edit: I'll definitely craft the Servant, I have some epics that have no homes that can be nuked for the greater good.

SuperSonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced that very few humans still play this game and that Blizzard has created a series of AIs that will counter pick your class during matchmaking and draw the exact cards they need to win in an attempt to make the last remaining human players rage and spend money.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Curiously though, lack of FLJ might just be what makes the win rate tank: 60% of games lost, let's say half will see Jaina, let's say she turns around half the games. That pushes the win rate from 40 to 55. Just a guesstimation but considering how I lose just about every game where a DK hits the table it's probably the same for everyone else.

edit: I'll definitely craft the Servant, I have some epics that have no homes that can be nuked for the greater good.
u could use that card that discovers a mage/hunter/whatever spell, i forget what it is, but i know when i play it its fairly common i get a dk off it, unless that was patched at some point. i mean it's not like super often, but usually it gives a good option on one of the 3 regardless. probly more fun than reliable tho

Oct 25, 2017
Obvious additions are Blazecallers and Frost Lich Jaina. But that's a bit too much "pay 30 bucks to improve your win rate". I want some more elemental payoffs maybe.

Gdnb4Iw.jpg

edit: here's the reference deck http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/trumps-f2p-elemental-mage-october-2017/

I would -servant of kalimos, +1 bonemare, -1 flamestrike and I dunno what else specifically. The problem here is that you're playing a deck without the key ingredients so you should take it in a different direction. Maybe antonidas. RIght now you just have like a good arena deck, not a constructed level deck.

I'd suggest running a different list entirely if you don't have blazecallers or jaina. Maybe like a secret mage deck.

This list is probably within your range of crafting since the only epics you already have

https://hsreplay.net/decks/CGISVCVyNcwfGr9YPo4QXd/

Code:
### Secret Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (2) Medivh's Valet
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 2x (3) Mirror Entity
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (6) Kabal Crystal Runner
# 2x (7) Firelands Portal
# 2x (7) Bonemare
#
AAECAf0EAA9xwwG7ApUDqwTmBJYF7AWBsgKjtgLXtgKHvQLBwQKYxAKmzgIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find the deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/CGISVCVyNcwfGr9YPo4QXd/

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Played 13 games today, 9 of them were Keleseth decks and two were hunters. I switched halfway to a control warlock with fuck-aggro tools and only lost a single game after taking 4 straight losses on a murloc paladin deck. Thankfully the deck could stand against the two big decks as well, only lost to a hunter with a nuts draw.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, I'll try that. But it still doesn't remove my incredulity at how Trump was able to pilot the deck, sans Blazecallers (he got Jaina as the free DK), at such a huge winrate to quite a high level. Except if the Jaina theory is true, ie. some DKs being so overpowered that they'll boost you several ranks on the ladder on their own.

edit: I have to lol at how the advice so far has been Servant of Kalimos bad, Servant of Kalimos good. ;)

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Thanks, I'll try that. But it still doesn't remove my incredulity at how Trump was able to pilot the deck, sans Blazecallers (he got Jaina as the free DK), at such a huge winrate to quite a high level. Except if the Jaina theory is true, ie. some DKs being so overpowered that they'll boost you several ranks on the ladder on their own.

edit: I have to lol at how the advice so far has been Servant of Kalimos bad, Servant of Kalimos good. ;)

Jaina is really good and is pretty much a win condition on it's own. The thing is, she's often too late to be useful, so it's kind of a double edged sword. Plus, I mean, Trump has probably exponentially more time to play the game than you do, so I wouldn't sweat it. The way I think about it is this way: it is their job to play video games, so they are playing a lot of games, including some off stream. So, you can't beat yourself up for not being able to pilot decks as well as they do, it's not going to be possible most of the time.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is good. The'll keep us watching their content for the card reveal instead of just reading about what happened on twitter because it came out of nowhere. Perfect.

Oct 25, 2017

Servant of kalimos isn't bad but I think you want more tempo tools than value on a 5 drop in this meta.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now at rank 16 from rank 22. I haven't lost a game as Handlock. This is insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.