• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Spell hunter or tempo mage I think.

Spell hunter you just mulligan for spell stones and secrets. They cannot deal with the spellstone typically. Wandering monster on 2, freezing trap when there is no fire fly, and spellstone followed up by face damage and hero power. You're meant to play this aggressively.
Yeah this. I was surprised to find out how good so many matchups are for Miracle Rogue and the deck is very fun to play again.

Like both Warlocks and Druid are favoured imo and Odd Pally is pretty even.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
it really does, i wish the legendary rule worked for epics as well, bc right after you craft it you're gonna pull it

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I've mentioned this in the past but Rogue has always been my least played class, but with this odd rogue deck in wild I've been having lots of fun and success. Just hit 400 wins, that golden portrait doesn't seem so far away anymore. And games are usually quite fast.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
The NA team looks really strong, as does the team for the Netherlands.
Canada looks pretty solid...and then there's the Ukraine with Kolento and Neirea...

Where the heck is Fertygo?

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Shadybunny has an interesting video about the Taverns of Time Arena Meta.

Basically Cavern Dreamer is the new Vicious Fledgeling, and you need to draft to take control of board early so it can't snowball. Faerie Dragon is really good right now because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB-a_U4ZxXY

Thanks. That guy has solid advice. I skimmed his video, picked shaman, and got a deck that went 12-2 right away. Drafted a fastish deck, with 2 Masters of Reality to top the curve as well as 2 copies of primalfin totem for MVP. Basically any game where I either kept primalfin alive for a couple of turns or got Master of Reality to give me something good was a win. Had 1 copy of Bloodlust to finish out a couple of games where I controlled the early game with totem. Nightmare Amalgam and 2x Twilight Drakes also did work, as I often totem passed to keep my hand size decent in a few games.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody tried warlogglina decks?

The 5 card togwaggle combo is Summoning Portal Summoning portal faceless togwaggle azalina for 10 mana. It is the only zero setup complete togwaggle combo in standard I think.

Warlock has good board sweeps, heal, draw, it feels like this could be a solid meme deck.

### Woggle
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Dark Pact
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 2x (4) Summoning Portal
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 2x (6) Possessed Lackey
# 1x (7) Azalina Soulthief
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (8) King Togwaggle
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBpME2waX0wL96wKa7gKc+AIMigG2B8kHysMC58sC980C8tAC+NACiNIC/OUC6uYC6OcCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thoughts on this build? I included a lackey package for defense and for deck thinning. It feels possibly too clunky though.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Has anybody tried warlogglina decks?

The 5 card togwaggle combo is Summoning Portal Summoning portal faceless togwaggle azalina for 10 mana. It is the only zero setup complete togwaggle combo in standard I think.

Warlock has good board sweeps, heal, draw, it feels like this could be a solid meme deck.

### Woggle
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Dark Pact
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 2x (4) Summoning Portal
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 2x (6) Possessed Lackey
# 1x (7) Azalina Soulthief
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (8) King Togwaggle
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBpME2waX0wL96wKa7gKc+AIMigG2B8kHysMC58sC980C8tAC+NACiNIC/OUC6uYC6OcCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thoughts on this build? I included a lackey package for defense and for deck thinning. It feels possibly too clunky though.
That's really interesting. I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before.

I do wonder if Dark Pact/Possessed Lackey makes sense for this deck post-nerfs. Maybe Skull of Manari, Mortal Coil, and Stonehill Defender instead?

Also maybe worth considering Phantom Militia for it's amazing combo with summoning portal. You wouldn't ever use that combo when you plan to do the toggwaggle combo, but it would open up a killer finisher vs most aggro. Stonehill Defender kinda opens up this combo as well if you get lucky.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get daily quest yesterday, and only 1 today. Winrate is 25-8 (76%) to rank 1 with big mage. Glad that I can get rank 1, so I can start from rank 5 next season.

7-0 against druid (6 taunt druid 1 token druid)
6-2 against rogue
5-1 against warlock
1-1 against mage
2-0 against pally
1-0 against priest
2-0 against shudderwock shaman
1-4 against hunter, only win is against spell hunter.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm completely off the game, what's good to play now?

Odd Pali is still the highest win rate, has the fastest match ups, and is the most mindless to play (easy to rank), but every class but one has a Deck that is over 50% win rate based on stats. Priest is the only one not over 50% based on stats, but Quest Priest is a solid deck (if you like really....really.... long games)

Zoolock is even a thing, again, somehow.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think today's brawl can be easily farmed..

I remember last time the innerfire combo priest was pretty good at doing it

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Any insights on who you should vote for? I only recognize a couple of faces and I feel that just voting for Dog because of it's him will curse him to the 1 pack group.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I ran into thepotatoman on my way to wild legend, we had a good game he was playing shudderwock, i almost got him but ran out of steam and couldn't finish with my odd rogue deck. His legendary butt kicked my rank 1 butt back to rank 2, every game since then has been back and forth so decided to screw around in standard with my recruit hunter deck, streaked from rank 7 to 5.
If anyone else wants to add me please do
bunbun777#1870

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The inner fire combo seems a bit more stable than the Mind Blast one simply because you only need 1 elemental and 1 PW:S to draw your whole deck. And you can definitely do that at 3 mana. If you start with the elemental or PW:S your hand (probably the toughest part of the deck right there), then all you need is Turn 3 to win and them not running silence.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20765406379

Greetings!

Micro-adjustment values for cards in Arena have been updated based on the recent performance of each class. This update excludes data from the ongoing Taverns of Time event.

As explained in our recent blog, our goal is to even out win rates for each class, specifically for each to have a win rate close to 50%. Most classes have win rates within 1% of that target, but a few do not. This micro-adjustment update will do the following:

• • Druid and Paladin have been overperforming, so the average quality of their Arena picks has been lowered.

• Warrior and Priest have been underperforming, so the average quality of their Arena picks has been increased.

Thank you all for your continued feedback. :)

Cheers and GLHF!

I'm extremely confused. Are they really rebalancing arena as if it's not Taverns of Time, in the middle of Taverns of Time? No way they would do anything that nonsensical, right?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20765406379

I'm extremely confused. Are they really rebalancing arena as if it's not Taverns of Time, in the middle of Taverns of Time? No way they would do anything that nonsensical, right?

yes, they are doing that, mainly because taverns of time is an event within arena that just adds picks to the normal picks we had before, the timing of the adjustment isn't because of the event, just merely that it was adjusted while we are in the event. They usually take their sweet ass time to make adjustments so this probably has been weeks in the works

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
yes, they are doing that, mainly because taverns of time is an event within arena that just adds picks to the normal picks we had before, the timing of the adjustment isn't because of the event, just merely that it was adjusted while we are in the event. They usually take their sweet ass time to make adjustments so this probably has been weeks in the works
But why not wait for the event to end instead of nerfing druid while druid is already the worst class and giving Mage and Shaman a further boost by nerfing paladin.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I've topped out at rank 59 legend so far in my Shudderwock only wild season. Pretty good for what tempostorm calls a tier 4 archetype.

I think I'm liking my replacement of Glacial Shard with Doomsayer. Makes kingsbane rogue and big priest matchups a lot worse, but even shaman and odd rogue matchups much better. Does feel a little weird when all of standard runs Glacial Shard, and only some run doomsayer, but I guess I shouldn't base every decision on what's popular in standard.

BksTyZ2.png

AAEBAaoICoEE7QX6DtIThRedxwKr5wLD6gKn7gLv9wIKigH1BP4Fsgb1D6C2Ava9AsfBApvLAu/xAgA=

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I made a Priest deck with 2 Radiant Elementals, 2 PWS, and 1 Inner Fire. I had both Radiants out, 1 PWS left, and the opposing Mage uses Counterspell on it.

Thankfully I drew Inner Fire soon after to win.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Made control warlock and token druid decks and I really suck with them

How is token druid #1 on temp storm lol

Token Druid is really good but if you run up against Evenlock, Warrior with Warpath, and Priest with Physic Scream you have big problems, you are super favoured against a lot of other decks though. Whispering Woods + Soul of the Forest is impossible for a lot of classes to deal with and Savage Roar with anything more tha four minion on board is a lot of damage.

I dont like the list chosen for the Snapshot tbh and am using this instead
  • # 2x (1) Lesser Jasper Spellstone
  • # 2x (2) Power of the Wild
  • # 2x (2) Wild Growth
  • # 2x (3) Savage Roar
  • # 2x (4) Branching Paths
  • # 1x (4) Ironwood Golem
  • # 2x (4) Oaken Summons
  • # 2x (4) Soul of the Forest
  • # 2x (4) Swipe
  • # 2x (4) Violet Teacher
  • # 2x (4) Wispering Woods
  • # 2x (5) Arcane Tyrant
  • # 2x (5) Nourish
  • # 2x (6) Spreading Plague
  • # 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
  • # 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
AAECAbSKAwKU0gKZ0wIOQF/9AvcD5gWFCOQIoM0Ch84CmNICntIC29MChOYC1+8CAA==

Oct 25, 2017
OTK priest
malygos druid
control priest (ft. mind blast)
spell hunter
miracle rogue
odd paladin
odd rogue
taunt druid
even shaman
recruit hunter
even warlock

These are the last 11 games I played.

What a varied meta this really is. You maybe could hope for this kind of variety at very low ranks and even the start of some expansions haven't had this amount of variety.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"New" idea for a cosmetic purchase: let me have 1-2 more tabs for decks. You could even sell it as a subscription that expires with the new Hearthstone year.

Oct 25, 2017
"New" idea for a cosmetic purchase: let me have 1-2 more tabs for decks. You could even sell it as a subscription that expires with the new Hearthstone year.
Please no expiring subscription. If they just added or let you unlock like 4 more deck slots it would be nearly perfect.

I also want the option to hover over my deck and actually SEE my animated cardbacks instead of seeing a fraction of them, but Brode told me on Twitter they never figured out something that worked well on mobile. Then again, Brode is gone now... :O

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
OTK priest
malygos druid
control priest (ft. mind blast)
spell hunter
miracle rogue
odd paladin
odd rogue
taunt druid
even shaman
recruit hunter
even warlock

These are the last 11 games I played.

What a varied meta this really is. You maybe could hope for this kind of variety at very low ranks and even the start of some expansions haven't had this amount of variety.
And the nerfs didn't even touch any witchwood cards. I wonder how much better Kobolds and Catacombs would have been if they did the nerfs then.

Oh well, meta is in an extremely good place right now. Only card I think needs to be nerfed is Barnes, because screw that card.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reno priest played benedictus against my togwaggle druid when i had 1 card left in the deck.

He had an entomb in hand when i comboed off. He didn't take my togwaggle.

I don't think he was familiar with the matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.