• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the point of having a timer for taking turns if it doesn't fucking work? Just played a priest that kept jacking up their minion, and the burning rope just sat their at the end without going off.
Then my turn ends instantly and I get killed in one hit. Fix your game Blizzard. Turns need to fucking end regardless of what you're doing.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the point of having a timer for taking turns if it doesn't fucking work? Just played a priest that kept jacking up their minion, and the burning rope just sat their at the end without going off.
Then my turn ends instantly and I get killed in one hit. Fix your game Blizzard. Turns need to fucking end regardless of what you're doing.
the problem is that animations are faster on the player side so while all their action fits inside the rope time, they're animated more slowly for you

so it just looks like they get extra time

the actual problem is that all hearthstone animations take too long, and the time you watch animations shouldn't count against your turn

I don't know why they haven't fixed it, especially since Nozdormu has been in the game for ages

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of slow animations, that new Arena card that shuffles your hand into the deck and replaces it with the same number of cards has a ludicrously slow animation if the opponent plays it. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but it's comical because I can see no reason at all it would need to play that slowly.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
the problem is that animations are faster on the player side so while all their action fits inside the rope time, they're animated more slowly for you

so it just looks like they get extra time

the actual problem is that all hearthstone animations take too long, and the time you watch animations shouldn't count against your turn

I don't know why they haven't fixed it, especially since Nozdormu has been in the game for ages

It was infuriating. My opponent literally emptied their entire deck in one turn, exhausting every card with the exception of what was in their hand.

I can't imagine there's enough time to pull that off in a single turn?

Oct 25, 2017
OTK priest
malygos druid
control priest (ft. mind blast)
spell hunter
miracle rogue
odd paladin
odd rogue
taunt druid
even shaman
recruit hunter
even warlock

These are the last 11 games I played.

What a varied meta this really is. You maybe could hope for this kind of variety at very low ranks and even the start of some expansions haven't had this amount of variety.
What I'm liking just as much, if not more than the variety, is that most matchups don't feel lopsided.
It was infuriating. My opponent literally emptied their entire deck in one turn, exhausting every card with the exception of what was in their hand.

I can't imagine there's enough time to pull that off in a single turn?

There is if you know exactly what you're doing.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Speaking of slow animations...
Yesterday my first game was in casual against a wild shudderwock, i was playing toggwaggle druid, ended up getting 60 armor and stealing his deck but that's when the fun began...
Among all the usual battlecries he had played the Darkness, so by the end my deck was filled with the maximum cards, practically all candles. Besides having to watch him take 5 plus minute turns, I wasn't able to play my turn since I would rope out while waiting for my first card draw. Was able to play 1 card inbetween but that was it.
It was ridiculous but for some reason I decided to stick it out and the match lasted forever.
Eventually he left and I won but never again will I put up with that in a casual game.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Just about right now I'm getting excited about a new set. I think I just about have every card from The Witchwood that I want and I've got a ton of gold lined up for whatever the summer set is. I know a reveal is still 2-3 weeks out but I'm jonesing for it now. If the new set hits in August I think I'm going to be at about 6000+ gold on top of a preorder. Gonna be exciting.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
druid armor is ridiculous, I have no idea what they were thinking, just casually slap 6 armor on every card?

You have so much health, it's so forgiving to play, you basically can tank up the board two turns until you get to your power plays. It's the lowest skill class to play right now.

branching paths needs a big nerf overall. Either cut the armor or board buff. It does way too much.

Oct 26, 2017
Is arena down for everyone else? I know it says the game is experiecning difficulties but it doesn't mention arena.

I'm stuck on "Waiting for Authorization" even though I didn't even pay money or gold for an arena yet. Sucks because now is a great time for me to play one

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is arena down for everyone else? I know it says the game is experiecning difficulties but it doesn't mention arena.

I'm stuck on "Waiting for Authorization" even though I didn't even pay money or gold for an arena yet. Sucks because now is a great time for me to play one

the game is on maintenance now i think, a notice was put up on morning...

I expect an expansion announcement rather soon.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love the event, but hate that the 60 gold/dust are impossible to avoid completing if you want to play.

I rerolled today and I'm sitting on a 100 quest and a 60 quest. The 60 quest is draw 15 cards so if I play 2 games I'll complete it. Since the rewards are so much better from the 80 or 100 quests. It makes more sense to just wait until tomorrow to reroll the 60 quest.

So I guess I won't be playing hearthstone today.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love the event, but hate that the 60 gold/dust are impossible to avoid completing if you want to play.

I rerolled today and I'm sitting on a 100 quest and a 60 quest. The 60 quest is draw 15 cards so if I play 2 games I'll complete it. Since the rewards are so much better from the 80 or 100 quests. It makes more sense to just wait until tomorrow to reroll the 60 quest.

did the same yesterday, but then I got today 2 60g quests even after the rerolls... I'm having a terrible luck with these quests and the difference between one 60g and a 100g is abysmal, its a 40% increase, just better to wait...

then again, I got the 1 mana minions, so I can avoid that playing a even deck, so I'm doing that for now to avoid completing that one, the other one I will have to complete it since I can't pass on 2 days without playing (I need dem gold)

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's borderline irrational. Just play the game dude.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Token Druid feels so dirty climbing out of the low ranks. So often there's just nothing the opponent can do when you get off Whispers/Soul. Obviously the solution is kill you first, but still.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
Just hit legend with my version of Kingsbane.

I think it's better than what's being run currently.

### Kingsbane
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Doomerang
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Cheap Shot
# 2x (2) Leeching Poison
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (3) Cutthroat Buccaneer
# 1x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (4) Blade Flurry
# 2x (4) Witchwood Piper
# 2x (5) Assassinate
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 2x (6) Vanish
# 2x (7) Sprint
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAECAaIHBsgDmwWoCNPFAoDTArvvAgzEAdkCywPNA/YEhgmpzQKxzgLl0QKx7gKm8ALJ+wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Just hit legend with my version of Kingsbane.

I think it's better than what's being run currently.

### Kingsbane
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Doomerang
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Cheap Shot
# 2x (2) Leeching Poison
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (3) Cutthroat Buccaneer
# 1x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (4) Blade Flurry
# 2x (4) Witchwood Piper
# 2x (5) Assassinate
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 2x (6) Vanish
# 2x (7) Sprint
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAECAaIHBsgDmwWoCNPFAoDTArvvAgzEAdkCywPNA/YEhgmpzQKxzgLl0QKx7gKm8ALJ+wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

That's actually pretty similar to one list I've seen, where you run more spells rather than minions. Is Cheap Shot useful? I was playing the same list without Cheap Shot or Ooze and having 2x Fan of Knives and one Shadowstep and an Eviscerate. I only made it to rank 4 though so I might try your version.

Vautrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lmao wtf..

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I really should just stop playing this game altogether.

Like, I logged in to finish off my 5 monthly wins and now I'm sitting here in a 30 min Shudderwock Shaman game and I just don't understand why anyone would waste the time. I mean it's not even that the match is slow and takes a long time, it's the fact that I sit here and just stare at the screen hoping the guy didn't draw well enough.

Oct 25, 2017

Like, I logged in to finish off my 5 monthly wins and now I'm sitting here in a 30 min Shudderwock Shaman game and I just don't understand why anyone would waste the time. I mean it's not even that the match is slow and takes a long time, it's the fact that I sit here and just stare at the screen hoping the guy didn't draw well enough.
Just imagine what it was like BEFORE they sped up the animations and capped the effect number.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
That's actually pretty similar to one list I've seen, where you run more spells rather than minions. Is Cheap Shot useful? I was playing the same list without Cheap Shot or Ooze and having 2x Fan of Knives and one Shadowstep and an Eviscerate. I only made it to rank 4 though so I might try your version.

I didn't find FoK useful at all. You still are at a disadvantage vs Paladins. Most of the time, it's a dead draw. I did ended up keeping 1 due to Token Druids but I'm thinking of taking it out.

Shadowstep isn't that useful since you can reach the much needed 6 and 8 attack power without using it.

I never ran Eviserate. I don't see it being better vs Cheap Shot in most situations I've encountered.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017

Just take a break like me, you've been unhappy with this game for at least 3 expansions. If you're still unhappy after your break, maybe this game isn't for you (us) anymore.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017

I'm with you. I don't usually complain but Sudderwock is the most horrible 'combo' deck I ever played against.

They do nothing but draw and then play Shudder. All the old combo decks requires a huge skill ceiling. Old Miracle Rogue, Raging Worgen, Grim Patron, even Freeze Mage. Or the deck themselves have an interactive element like Maly/Toggle Druid/Devilsaur Druid or Freeze Mage where you can slot in a tech card (Ooze, Tink, Eater of Secrets/Flare).

Plus the worst part is their combo isn't even 100% effective. Meaning you have to play to the end and hope RNG fucks them up. I never played a game vs Shudder where I felt my choices matter even a little bit.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I wonder if Nerub'ar Weblord (2 mana 1/4 battlecry minions cost 2 more) would be a proper tech card against shudderwock if it were in standard. A 2 mana 1/4 is probably hard for it to remove.

Dirty Rat is the more proper tech against every combo deck, though it's pretty RNG heavy so some people don't want to see a card like that come back.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Just take a break like me, you've been unhappy with this game for at least 3 expansions. If you're still unhappy after your break, maybe this game isn't for you (us) anymore.

I mean I'm only playing to get the monthly chest really. I get 5 wins a month, maybe do a couple taverns brawls and that's about it.

I don't keep up with the meta but when I do play it seems like all the decks now are just built to do their own thing and it becomes a game of hard counters or whoever gets the better draw.

But yeah, maybe I shouldn't bother at all.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I didn't find FoK useful at all. You still are at a disadvantage vs Paladins. Most of the time, it's a dead draw. I did ended up keeping 1 due to Token Druids but I'm thinking of taking it out.

Shadowstep isn't that useful since you can reach the much needed 6 and 8 attack power without using it.

I never ran Eviserate. I don't see it being better vs Cheap Shot in most situations I've encountered.
That makes sense. The Shadowstep and Eviscerate were late additions where I had tried out different spells. I don't think I even ever got any good use of Shadowstep. I had also tried various secrets and Mimic Pod but I can imagine that Cheap Shot would prove more versatile and useful.

I might try to climb using Kingsbane for the rest of the month. I was having decent success with it and it felt awesome more often than not. The games where you don't draw lifesteal, weapon tutors, or Kingsbane until way too late can be painful though. I was playing an even recruit Warrior for a bit though and that was way more inconsistent.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
That makes sense. The Shadowstep and Eviscerate were late additions where I had tried out different spells. I don't think I even ever got any good use of Shadowstep. I had also tried various secrets and Mimic Pod but I can imagine that Cheap Shot would prove more versatile and useful.

I might try to climb using Kingsbane for the rest of the month. I was having decent success with it and it felt awesome more often than not. The games where you don't draw lifesteal, weapon tutors, or Kingsbane until way too late can be painful though. I was playing an even recruit Warrior for a bit though and that was way more inconsistent.

I played around 200+ games of Kingsbane in the last 40 days or so. I found that in the end game I ended up with lots of unused mana. So I slotted in a cheap shot. Then I found myself saving the single cheap shot because it was so useful in so many situations (people trying to stall using stone hill defender + discover drop, killing Oakheart + Dragon Hatcher on turn 10, etc). I ended up with 2 and never looked back since.

If you mulligan correctly the chance of dead draw goes down considerably. For instance, vs Warrior and Druids I keep Sprint. It's a very hard deck to play correctly and I still find myself do small misplays here and there.

Let me know if you need help (Hereafter#11728).

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been playing since beta and finally got my first classic golden legendary from the brawl pack today.

It's Tinkmaster, but a Golden is a golden.

Got really lucky with my Witchwood packs so far though and already have 2 golden legendaries in that set.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I played around 200+ games of Kingsbane in the last 40 days or so. I found that in the end game I ended up with lots of unused mana. So I slotted in a cheap shot. Then I found myself saving the single cheap shot because it was so useful in so many situations (people trying to stall using stone hill defender + discover drop, killing Oakheart + Dragon Hatcher on turn 10, etc). I ended up with 2 and never looked back since.

If you mulligan correctly the chance of dead draw goes down considerably. For instance, vs Warrior and Druids I keep Sprint. It's a very hard deck to play correctly and I still find myself do small misplays here and there.

Let me know if you need help (Hereafter#11728).
Keeping Sprint for certain matchups is interesting. I was only keeping it if I had a prep too and coin. I usually mulligan hard for Cavern Shinyfinder and sometimes keep Witchwood Piper. I'll sometimes keep a Deadly Poison or Leeching Poison but usually not.

Thinking about Cheap Shot more and I bet it'd be really useful against Jaina too. I was often running out of ways to kill Frost Elementals, especially since some would run Skulking Geist so I'd lose Doomerangs.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
Keeping Sprint for certain matchups is interesting. I was only keeping it if I had a prep too and coin. I usually mulligan hard for Cavern Shinyfinder and sometimes keep Witchwood Piper. I'll sometimes keep a Deadly Poison or Leeching Poison but usually not.

Thinking about Cheap Shot more and I bet it'd be really useful against Jaina too. I was often running out of ways to kill Frost Elementals, especially since some would run Skulking Geist so I'd lose Doomerangs.

Yeah it's really good vs Jaina. I always race in that matchup. Usually this happens. Jaina drops. I sap the water element and hit face.

Water Element gets dropped again with an Artificer or Stonehill. Cheap Shot clears the board and me go face.

I recommend you keep Deadly Poison most of the time. The way I think about it is that Deadly poison is useful without Kingsbane but Kingsbane is not useful as without Deadly.

Blizzard needs to release more hand disruption for combo decks. Dirty rat should be moved to standard

If anyone plays/ed PTCG Blizzard needs an equivalent card to N.

"Each player shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck. Then, each player draws a card for each of his or her remaining Prize cards."

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
From my brawl pack.

unknown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.