• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
if DMH warrior becomes a tier 1 deck I will make it my mission to play only decks they have a terrible matchup against.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Priest, Rogue, Priest, Rogue, Priest, Rogue... fucking kill me. Oh wait, too late I'm already dead inside.

EDIT: Oops, sorry forgot Druid, fuck you guys too. What a horrible fucking game this becomes 3 months into every expansion.

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
A new FWA!

636478021551554285.png

lol

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Less than a week until the meta finally gets shaken up, I'm so sick of this tempo and Raza bullshit. If it doesn't budge enough I'm quitting until Year of the Mammoth ends, fuck this shit.

Same, I actually got tired playing against druid. Haven't PO, considering to take a break or not playing much until rotation.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like all the cards revealed these past hours..

except the warrior weapon, I don't see much point when you are already sacrificing your armor with each swing. and 2 charges? too few.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I think that 1 mana gain 5 armor card enables enough things to be playable now. We'll see.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Warrior weapon feels like it needs to add armor or something. Playing this is going to be awkward on curve and I am not sure how it solves the current problems.

Regarding Doomerang: the value in that card now is now threefold. You get the damage from the thrown weapon. Kingsbane goes back into your hand, which means you can keep the weapon around with its current buffs instead of having to wait to draw it. And Doomerang will trigger Auctioneer, which means the setup will be like a 1 mana Eviscerate with no combo requirement.

@Mobius I can't decide if you run that weapon in the Miracle package like you put to draw it more often and utilize the anti-fatigue property, if you play it with a lot of Pirates for maximum damage value (turn 1 weapon, coin, Buccaneer to summon patches is now the most powerful turn 1 play in the game), because you can get this weapon to deal over 15 damage per hit while healing you, and that is nuts. Or do you run it in some kind of Mill Rogue deck for repeated Envenom Weapon guaranteed removal with Healbot to keep you going?

All of these options are extremely interesting to me. This will be my deck to solve this expansion. Does DK Valeera's hero power give you a second blade with the enchantments on? DK Valeera could be used to spike the damage through the roof. You can double Poison Weapon, etc. There's also the potential to N'Zoth back the +2 attack deathrattle for another +4 in the late game, and Shadowstep could re-activate Strider, Vilespine, OR weapon buff pirates.

I sat down to try and theortcraft a deck for this card, and I was just all over the place. Lol.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That rogue weapon just feels too hard to support, takes too many mediocre cards and too long to get value out of them.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
am I the only one that remembers control warrior playing gorehowl? After 2 or so uses it wasn't cleaning up much anymore in the lategame.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Would have preferred it as 1/2 weapon that gains attack equal to your armour, then at least it could be closer to balanced war axe in the early game.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
am I the only one that remembers control warrior playing gorehowl? After 2 or so uses it wasn't cleaning up much anymore in the lategame.
I tried to argue in the Wild Discord that Gorehowl is no longer relevant because all minion decks now either:
1) Fill the board with trash and then overrun you suddenly.

Or

2) Slam an endless stream of massive minions.

Gorehowl doesn't help with either of these very well.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to argue in the Wild Discord that Gorehowl is no longer relevant because all minion decks now either:
1) Fill the board with trash and then overrun you suddenly.

Or

2) Slam an endless stream of massive minions.

Gorehowl doesn't help with either of these very well.
Oh for sure Gorehowl doesn't see play for a reason that was more a functional comparison than the cards directly.

What I hadn't considered could make this weapon unplayable is decks copying your armor w/ gluttonous ooze.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The only place I could see the new Warrior weapon seeing play is DMH Warrior. They can generate a stupid amount of armor with Bring It On! and they can just include this weapon in their late game shuffle to have a 'permanent' 10~20 attack weapon.

But then the deck can already generate infinite removal by shuffling Execute or Brawl, so... I dunno.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting goosebumps with you guys discussing the rogue weapon possibilities.

My problem with rogue decks is I never have the epics to run the deck.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you need to make the rogue weapon your win condition to justify all the pieces and i don't see that happening.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Rogue weapon works more like a secondary win condition than a primary one. You can't build a deck assuming that you draw this unless we get a tutor. But you can build a deck that, if it fails, has this as backup power.

Edit: Also, we still have Oil in Wild. :D
FWA should have just gotten the no face treatment.
Deathrattle: heal your opponent for 8.

The trick is to craft them. Then you will start to open them in packs.

Last edited:

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017

that's me with warrior.
I feel like you need to make the rogue weapon your win condition to justify all the pieces and i don't see that happening.
some tempo rogue lists run deadly poison doesn't need much more to become good. Valeera for mill has also been lacking a tool fatigue mitigation. Copy the weapon and put a couple deadly poisons on it and you're chipping in for 3 or 5 damage a turn while never fatiguing.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever seen a Hearthstone game become impossible to win? I can theorize a remote possibility of it happening with a Dead Man's Hand warrior mirror match, or an Archbishop Benedictus priest mirror match. However, in either case players are likely to at least shuffle some damage and/or minion(s) as well.

If anti-fatigue tools expand like with rogue, you could end up with a rogue mirror match that cannot be won. Only one card can be shuffled, so unlike the other cases, with identical lifesteal weapons on both sides it would become a single-card infinite stalemate. And by infinite I mean "you decide if you want to surrender, or wait for your ranked opponent to rope 45 times in a row before the game awards you a tie".

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any deck with a state of fatigue in mind techs to beat other similar decks.

I have fought four Fatigue Warrior mirrors, and won every single one because I did a better job at setting up a way to counter my opponent's winstate. Sure, you can have decks like Dog's Fatigue Warrior...but if you play that exact deck you are asking for hour long games where no one wins, and that is on you.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't attack heroes should have been the tag on Fiery War Axe.

This is garbage on curve when you need it the most but good mid to late game. I don't now if it's worth using or not... probably not.

But Blizzard very clearly pushing this "high armor" Warrior archetype in the expansion.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Win Axe nerf rly is up there as most hated nerfs for me, especially seeing as pirates are the damn problem.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just got my preorder. The only hurdle left is that I have work christmas gatherings on the 7th and on the 8th of october, so I'll have to wait until saturday morning to open my packs. Ugh.

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are looking at the warrior weapon wrong if they are making shield slam comparisons. Sure, Shield Slam is a strong card but in a meta where control warrior wants to run skulking geist, destroying your own shield slams really sucks. It also curve perfectly into shield block. And while its true that armor is more valuable than health, this weapon and that new board clear want you to weaponize armor, so a different value needs to be placed on armore in a deck like that. Not saying it is good but it probably better than people think.

Oct 27, 2017
Win Axe nerf rly is up there as most hated nerfs for me, especially seeing as pirates are the damn problem.
I mean you say that pirates are the problem and yet pirate warrior died over night despite Blizzard leaving pirates completely untounched. Odd how that works. I want to add that by nerfing the pirates themselves it harms other classes that have the pirate tribe despite only pw truly being a problem.
Also sorry for double post.

Oct 27, 2017
Nerf patches and pirate warrior disappears over night too.
No, I played against PW pre patches era and it was stupidly powerful then. Also hitting a patches nerf indirectly punishes a class like rogue. Seems obvious to target the card the community at large agreed needed a nerf in the only problematic pirate class. Patches wont be around forever, FWA will.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the bladed gauntlet. It's kind of a weird tempo/value card, just like the new AOE. Maybe we get a whole new archetype out of this, armor tempo warrior.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you say that pirates are the problem and yet pirate warrior died over night despite Blizzard leaving pirates completely untounched. Odd how that works. I want to add that by nerfing the pirates themselves it harms other classes that have the pirate tribe despite only pw truly being a problem.
Also sorry for double post.
I still see plenty of pirate warrior. That shit did not die.

Oct 25, 2017
Pirate warrior worked fine for me in standard last month (60-63% win rate for two pirate warrior decks) down to rank 10, which Blizzard says is better than 90% of players for whatever that's worth.

At rank 10 I'm not sure I ever got 2 stars though, since the winrate instantly went to 50 or below because of the meta change.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
playing priest, I'm just getting roped and bm'd almost every game. couple of friend requests too. Totally healthy deck for the game.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
They're salty with previous meta deck they salty with current one they gonna do the same with next one too nothing change that.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
And they still rant to top meta deck its the only thing that made quest rogue got nerf afterall

Status
Not open for further replies.