Hearthstone: Rastakhan's Rumble |OT| Let's Get Ready To Rumble Mon

Oct 27, 2017

The Boomsday Project!

The Boomsday Project is an electrifying expansion for Hearthstone featuring 135 all-new cards, starting August 7!

Harness the power of SCIENCE, including:

• New Legendary Spells for all nine Classes!
  • New keyword: Magnetic! Combine Mechs into more powerful forms!
  • Omega cards that are ULTRA powerful when played at 10 Mana!
  • The Boomsday Project's free single player content, the Puzzle Lab, opens on August 21!
    • Over 100 challenging puzzles including Lethal, Board Clear, Mirror, and Survival puzzle types!

For a limited time after Boomsday arrives, log in to claim 3 card packs and a random Class Legendary minion (or Hero card)—both from the new expansion—for free!

New Pre-Order Option:

Mega Bundle
This bundle includes 80 The Boomsday Project card packs, 1 random golden The Boomsday Project legendary card, the Mecha-Jaraxxus card back, AND a new Warlock Hero to add to your collection: MECHA-JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE MEGA BUNDLE!

What is Hearthstone?

Hearthstone is a free-to-play online collectible card game.

How to Play?

Download the PC client (Windows, Mac) on the main site. Note, you will also need a Blizzard account to log in to their launcher.

Also available on iOS and Android.

The Boomsday Project website: All Cards

Top 10 The Boomsday Project Cards as Rated by Resetera Community Members:

#10:

#9:

#8:

#7:

#6:

#5:

#4:

#3:

#2:

#1:

General:

Official Forums - Blizzard's official discussion forums.
Hearthstone Wiki - Hearthstone reference written and maintained by the players.​

New Player:

Reddit Guide - Start here if you are completely new to the game.
Trump Teachings - A video series by one of the game's most notable streamers. This is essentially
Hearthstone 101 and is mandatory viewing for any new player looking for a crash course in Hearthstone strategy.
Budget Boomsday Decks - Reddit post outlining budget decks. (or just craft Whizbang)​

Deck Building and Sharing:

Hearthpwn- Most popular site for building and sharing decks.
Gutshot's Hearthstone Collection Spreadsheet - You can use this to keep track of your current card collection.​

Stat Trackers and Meta Reports:

HSReplay.net: Most comprehensive and up-to-date resource for live stats, meta reports, decks. All stats generated from users of Hearthstone Deck Tracker.
Vicious Syndicate Data Reaper Report: Home of the most popular meta report and lesser used live stat tracker
Best Deck Lists to Climb the Standard Ladder - Metastats.net: Metastats is a lesser known compendium of game and deck stats. Decklists are selected using machine learning algorithm so there is some weird stuff there, but these are typically actual decks people are playing at the time.​

Competitive and Pro resources and twitter feed:

Competitive Hearthstone subreddit: Heavily moderated to focus on serious discussions and deck talk based on stats.
ahirunHS Twitter Feed: Curated list of decks and tweets. A go to twitter account for many pros.
HS Pro Deck Feed:Curated list of decks from top streamers and pros.​

Arena:

HearthArena - A website about Hearthstone Arena. It's best known by its Arena Drafting Tool that thousands of people use on a daily basis.​

ResetEra Hearthstone Discord Server

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That top 5 seems about right, maybe I'd switch Glowtron with Assembly.

Can't wait for tomorrow! It'll be interesting to see if Druid becomes as dominant as so many people are expecting.

I'm also very excited for the single player puzzles, though I haven't seem much about them. Only problem I have with that is those puzzles won't have the replay value as Dungeon Run and Monster Hunt. I understand that having ANOTHER mode like those might be too repetitive, but I hope we get something like that again, they're too much fun. Maybe something like Magic: Shandalar would be cool, though that would probably be too much work.

Oct 25, 2017
How do I record my pack opening on windows? Do I need to install a software? Or is there a built in method?
you can go to hspacktracker.com and itll tell you what to do there.

I am 15.89 dust below average over 35 packs.
That's 556 dust, feels bad

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Nice new fresh thread feel with some top 10 cards, nice job manhack. I never make the wall of shame for post counts but probably was closer than ever after last thread.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017
FTP here!! paid for a dungeon run once. Hunderds of hours for $1.50. I play an hour a day on average claer all my quests. Got 8300 gold for tommorow. Lets GO!

It is hard to be FTP but it is doable. Biggest suggestion I can give is pick three classes you like the best. Dust all class cards from the other classes your not using. Craft cards 2 weeks after exspantion for your 3 classes. Boom competitive meta decks while FTP.

Fer

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't planning on opening my packs until the weekend, but tomorrow I go home early for my dad's birthday so I might have time. Hmm...

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the expansion!
After Witchwood kinda disappointed me, Boomsday at least looks AWESOME. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Oct 27, 2017
The meta at the end of witchwood ended up to be the most stable the game ever was. Every class was viable and was represented. Hope this continues to be the case! Hyyyyped

Oct 25, 2017
burgle rogue first, because it's the only time it wins lol.

I'm going to try bloodlust shaman next, seems like it could be decent.

Then aggro druid seems like another decent choice.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is Blizzard blowing their entire company's load in one week? BFA, this, and summer games in OW. Too much shit mang.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I convinced myself to pre-order on account that when I don't I buy 2 orders of $20 and I may as well get it over with and open 100 packs. I'm moderately excited for wacky combos.

Oct 25, 2017
Denver
you can go to hspacktracker.com and itll tell you what to do there.

I am 15.89 dust below average over 35 packs.
That's 556 dust, feels bad
Dust distribution is lopsided toward single big cards, so I would bet it's common for sample sizes that low to be below the average. A single legendary or golden epic would almost double your dust there.

Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
twitter.com
Been looking to sell my account for a while, have a bunch of dust and gold saved up (hmu if interested), but this set does look pretty good so I'm actually willing to give it a shot and have nearly 8000 gold saved. Omega, Magnetic and Legendary Spells are all looking really fun. Positive about everything except maybe projects. But boy am I sick of this meta, and I like aggro.

Jan 4, 2018
I wish I wash hyped for this but Hadronox druid killed my enjoyment of the game, as did the current meta. I don't see any new decks emerging that beat Hadronox and big spell mage sadly. But happy for you guys and girls that are hype :)

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I wash hyped for this but Hadronox druid killed my enjoyment of the game, as did the current meta. I don't see any new decks emerging that beat Hadronox and big spell mage sadly. But happy for you guys and girls that are hype :)
To be fair big mage isn't that good. But yeah, I don't like this current meta too,

PS9

Oct 28, 2017
Just started 7PM-7AM shift, expansion launches at 3AM. Planning on watching streamers until end of shift then cracking open 80 packs at home, can't wait :D

Jan 4, 2018
To be fair big mage isn't that good. But yeah, I don't like this current meta too,
I think it totally kills midrange decks (as does most of the meta) which is a big reason I dislike it. Plus Frost Lich Jaina is the most frustrating card to play against. But yeah, it's not on the same level as the other decks. It feels like the "control" and combo decks are just too powerful in what they do, either with endless board clears or endless refilling of their boards unless you get lucky with Tinkmaster.