• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone going to be jumping ship over to Artifact?

I've pre-ordered the next expansion packs, and if it continues down the same old hearthstone path, I'm thinking about making the shift.
Definitely not with the monetization model of Artifact and probably not with their complexity and references to DOTA, which I strongly dislike.

I dropped $5 on Magic Arena and pretty much entirely switched Hearthstone to that. I'll probably just play that occasionally, maybe with some isolated KeyForge or Destiny.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Definitely not with the monetization model of Artifact and probably not with their complexity and references to DOTA, which I strongly dislike.

I dropped $5 on Magic Arena and pretty much entirely switched Hearthstone to that. I'll probably just play that occasionally, maybe with some isolated KeyForge or Destiny.
Same, pretty much sticking to MTG:A and Hearthstone, can't afford to play three or more CGs at once.

Kobolds and Gadgetzan pushed the bullshit to new levels, and they were the las expansions of the year, I can already see some problematic cards here, but fortunately none seem to be as busted
Yeah, seems they may have toned it down a bit this time vs the other two.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for the monetization since it offers free drafts. So for me Artifact is buy to play and maybe get into the rest eventually

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for the monetization since it offers free drafts. So for me Artifact is buy to play and maybe get into the rest eventually

That's the interesting part for me. how much could I enjoy the game by just playing in the free modes. because buying cards seems like a big no for me. I mean, a tier 1 deck is about $110 rn.

This tavern brawl sucks so much. I hate when they recycle this one.

It's worst when they add nerfed cards. I can't believe they let Aviana after the nerfs, it's so bad lol

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
What a brilliant strategy by Valve to encourage innovation in deckbuilding by making all the tier 1 decks too expensive to buy all the cards for!
/s
After seeing all the cards, I don't see what deckbuilding innovation there is to have. When it's just a billion variations of very generic stat buffs, there's not exactly much to do but to test which cards are generically the best.

But I think you could straight up buy a complete collection from the marketplace for less than $100 right now.

Last edited:

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
do quest spells hit on gadgetzan auctioneer? I was thinking of using halazzi with the hunter quest and mulliganing the quest every game

there's a lot of gadgetzan auctioneer synergy in this expansion in general, esp with thaus in wild

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
waitaminute would zuljin's spells hit on gadgetzan auctioneer? I feel like they would? but also wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't because it doesn't say 'you' are casting the spells, kinda curious about that interaction not that it would happen often

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
im gonna make a good deck with ornery tortoise, a 3 mana 3/5 on curve waiting for houndmaster is just juicy, lot of new beast toys to play with

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
That's the interesting part for me. how much could I enjoy the game by just playing in the free modes. because buying cards seems like a big no for me. I mean, a tier 1 deck is about $110 rn.
Yeah same hard no on the buying cards part I do that in paper mtg plenty and am not cool w/ it digitally. Especially w/ how scummy valve is.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have money to buy Artifact right now, no regional pricing really screw me off. gotta settle for HS lol. hope my 5500 gold enough to adapt with Raskathan meta

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I only care about playing constructed and seems like constructed in artifact is very limited and expensive at this point. Maybe later.
------------

This set has some interesting cards. I think mage/shaman will be good. Paladin has potential.

The tribes seems really weak though, both dragons and pirates are half baked at best.

Rogue cards are fairly mediocre other than the draw spell. I think the weapon is good too but seems difficult to use. Giving your spider rush seems strong.

There is quite a bit of cards worth testing.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I think the cannon spell has a lot of potential even though pirates don't seem good.

You don't need to play a pirate deck, you only need to have a pirate activator. The 2 drop that gives you a 1/1 is enough. The card scales insanely with spell damage btw. So if you play the pirate and attack, you have 9 damage from hand already. If you have spell damage+2, it's 15. That's a lot of damage to close a game, allowing you to use your eviscerates more freely. I like to build a deck around this concept for rogue just like oil rogue was. You control a bit, gain board then huge damage. It's very fun.

There is a 2 drop spell damage +2 if damaged. Say maybe if you give it rush with your weapon it can be just spelldamage +2 for 2, it's hard to use and it has a lot of counterplay though. You can backstab it of course.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't heard one good comment about artifact constructed. But my thoughts are it's good to wait to let the meta get figured out somewhat, rather than spending too much money on cards that might end up being worth less in a month. Unless you're trying to profit off card sales I guess.

I've been having fun with arena lately. I wouldn't mind if they picked up a thing or two from artifact drafts though.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
15th time was the charm. Hardest 40 dust I've ever made in this game.

I haven't heard one good comment about artifact constructed. But my thoughts are it's good to wait to let the meta get figured out somewhat, rather than spending too much money on cards that might end up being worth less in a month. Unless you're trying to profit off card sales I guess.

I've been having fun with arena lately. I wouldn't mind if they picked up a thing or two from artifact drafts though.

Draft seems like the best mode at the moment. Fortunately the card prices seem pretty low so it seems like it won't be too expensive to get a decent deck.

Buying single cards instead of packs definitely seems the way to go. The average value of most packs is below $2.

Oct 25, 2017
This tavern brawl sucks so much. I hate when they recycle this one.
15th time was the charm. Hardest 40 dust I've ever made in this game.
For what it's worth, experiences apparently differ: The first time playing with a random good partner, we got the boss down to 2 HP and it was a good time.

Attempts 2 and 3 were decent partners, but not as close.

Attempts 4 was close again, and attempt 5 was a good game where I won! Overall it was a decently fun challenge. Game 5 was the only one where I ever saw the "1 damage at a time" minion die, so most games just come down to whether you can keep the druid alive long enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the brawl is pretty awful. Just died on turn 6 this game, I mean what are you supposed to do.
It's pretty straightforward once you see the cards available. Ramp as early as possible if you have the ramp cards. When the mage 1-damage-limit creature comes out, try to protect it by keeping bigger creatures around and a decent-sized board if possible.

If you have a combo with double battlecry etc. it may be worth saving them for a turn or two so you can guarantee it and maximize the healing, especially to protect the druid.

Don't play 7 creatures since that seems to get auto-wiped.

Let me know if you need help finishing and I'll try to add you as a friend.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
It's pretty straightforward once you see the cards available. Ramp as early as possible if you have the ramp cards. When the mage 1-damage-limit creature comes out, try to protect it by keeping bigger creatures around and a decent-sized board if possible.

If you have a combo with double battlecry etc. it may be worth saving them for a turn or two so you can guarantee it and maximize the healing, especially to protect the druid.

Don't play 7 creatures since that seems to get auto-wiped.

Let me know if you need help finishing and I'll try to add you as a friend.

Appreciate the offer, managed to get a string of good luck and finished my Tavern Brawl quest so that's it for me. I just wish it wasn't so luck based as the mulligan and first few turns pretty much determine whether you'll even have a chance.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22649422

Esports changes (new format - not yet revealed but conquest is RIP)

Reflect in game experience?

I can guess what they are doing, instead of 4 decks you bring one deck, just like how you play on ladder and play bo3.... this can work if they introduce sideboards to hearthstone. That would be a game changer. Current conquest format is just rock paper scissors of who ends up lining up their deck against what. Now if you have one deck and strategy with a sideboard that's a whole different game and much more fun as proven by Magic. All the tech cards and similar will actually make sense to add to the game.

Maybe that's why they delayed tournament mode, from the pictures it had conquest and whatever and that's already obsolete.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EVERY FUCKING TIME I PLAY PALADIN AND SOMEONE STEALS A CLASS CARD IT"S THE MOTHERFUCKING
76892.png

AND THIS FUCKER SITS BEHIND THEIR TAUNTED FUCKS HEALING THEIR HERO UP

WHY BLIZZO

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Reflect in game experience?

I can guess what they are doing, instead of 4 decks you bring one deck, just like how you play on ladder and play bo3.... this can work if they introduce sideboards to hearthstone. That would be a game changer. Current conquest format is just rock paper scissors of who ends up lining up their deck against what. Now if you have one deck and strategy with a sideboard that's a whole different game and much more fun as proven by Magic. All the tech cards and similar will actually make sense to add to the game.

Maybe that's why they delayed tournament mode, from the pictures it had conquest and whatever and that's already obsolete.
I really hope this is what they do (the sideboard, that is). It would make competitive HS watchable again.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The patch is live.

No interesting new things discoevered yet, just the normal info we had before. And a new cardback for the winterveil celebrations

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The patch is live.

No interesting new things discoevered yet, just the normal info we had before. And a new cardback for the winterveil celebrations

Fuck yeah, Christmas things are my jam. Already rocking the OG Winter Veil cardback for the month :P

Also, should we rename this thread back to a general title, or are we making a new Rumble thread? I feel like it might be better to just rename this to a general Hearthstone community thread, given it's not as active as it used to be.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For people interested in using amazon coins, the coinstoppable promo is back, this time for 25% off.

so, basically, $100 in Amazon currency for $75, that currency can be used exactly the same in HS. The coins make it even more flexible since multiple amazon accounts can be used on the same blizz account, so you can buy thing on HS from different amazon accounts.

On this case I had an account ready to get the coins (only new accounts can use this promo)

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'm tempted to do the pre-order but I feel kind of burned by Boomsday. I was excited for that expansion but once I actually had some cards it seemed like the decks I was playing didn't change much. I haven't looked at all the revealed cards but the ones I've seen haven't looked too cool either. I'll probably wait and see.

I caved and got Artifact too when I was originally thinking that I'd wait. It'll be more interesting to compare Hearthstone/Artifact once the market settles. I'm not entirely sold either on paying "tickets" to do any of the competitive modes but at least you can play any of the casual ones for free.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to do the pre-order but I feel kind of burned by Boomsday. I was excited for that expansion but once I actually had some cards it seemed like the decks I was playing didn't change much. I haven't looked at all the revealed cards but the ones I've seen haven't looked too cool either. I'll probably wait and see.

I caved and got Artifact too when I was originally thinking that I'd wait. It'll be more interesting to compare Hearthstone/Artifact once the market settles. I'm not entirely sold either on paying "tickets" to do any of the competitive modes but at least you can play any of the casual ones for free.

I'm sure this will happen in the same way it usually does:

At first, the meta will be dominated by the same decks as before (possibly including a few new cards).

People will try to make new decks work, but they won't.

Eventually, a few new decks will be discovered. People will jump on these because they are bored by the old decks.

Then the old decks will come back anyway (with a few modifications) because they were still good all along.

Only rotation (or a set as bonkers as MSOG) can stop this train.

Status
Not open for further replies.