• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
As a control player this has been the worst Hearthstone has ever been for me.The more I play it the more I hate it. It doesn't even feel like a game anymore. It's more like a card drawing simulation. Most decks have no counters. There is no back and forth between the players. Very little if any strategy or thinking involved. I'll check back once some of this bullshit gets cycled out but for now I think I'm already done with the expansion and maybe the game as a whole.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a control player this has been the worst Hearthstone has ever been for me.The more I play it the more I hate it. It doesn't even feel like a game anymore. It's more like a card drawing simulation. Most decks have no counters. There is no back and forth between the players. Very little if any strategy or thinking involved. I'll check back once some of this bullshit gets cycled out but for now I think I'm already done with the expansion and maybe the game as a whole.

Control just keeps getting greedier.

The taunt druid with undatakah and astral tiger is ludicrously greedy. That kind of deck losing to otk is fitting.

It sucks that control needs a semi quick way of ending the game. But I certainly don't want infinite value greedy decks to dominate too.

Ideally control would get tools to fight other control decks that "counter" them. Right now that just doesn't exist outside of warlock.

### Fuck combo
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Demonic Project
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Gnomeferatu
# 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 2x (4) Shroom Brewer
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Skull of the Man'ari
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (8) Void Contract
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GCKICzAibwgKX0wLb6QKc+AKggAPUhgMLigHbBrYH58sCrs0C980C8tACiNIC2OUC6OcCgIoDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Might need another owl for extra fuck combo.

Last edited:

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I've been playing for the most part, confident it's tier 1, the final list probably not much different than this. It's so fun and it's so good.... and it's so expensive.

### OTK
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (1) Righteous Protector
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Crystalsmith Kangor
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 1x (3) High Priest Thekal
# 2x (3) Time Out!
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Ancient Brewmaster
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Call to Arms
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
# 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
#
AAECAaToAgjtBePLAo7TAuPjAsPqAv37Ar2GA86HAwu6AfsBnwPcA/QFzwb2B4jHAvjSAs+GA+yGAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Beside Zola and Uther.... I opened every single other legendary in the deck. I had Lynessa for a year had not played it until now. It's good. I was very lucky with my packs.

People play Tarim, I don't think it's that useful currently. Call to arms-> Tarim seems tempting but I realized it's never working as your minions won't stick, against aggro it's pretty dead quite often, like odd paladin and even shaman are the main aggro decks right now and it's unplayable against both. Against other decks, you don't need it. The 3 drop life flipper is actually pretty impressive imo. I often ended up 40-50hp, I get so much time.

Shirvallah+Zola it's so absurd. Sometimes you don't combo people with Uther like against hunter. You just bounce and copy 0 cost rush/lifesteal/divine shield. It's very strong.

I found out 2 mana brewmaster is really good too, I don't care if I get it from call to arms or not. It's more useful than ooze or beetle.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Where do you guys think I should go from here to take my budget Hunter deck to the next level?

gzghnmkb8i321.jpg
https://i.redd.it/gzghnmkb8i321.jpg

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where do you guys think I should go from here to take my budget Hunter deck to the next level?

gzghnmkb8i321.jpg
https://i.redd.it/gzghnmkb8i321.jpg

I think a secret package would serve you well. Explosive, freezing, wandering. Two explosive two wandering one freezing and two spell stones.

Ditch the sea giant, tundra rhino, spirit of the lynx, revenge of the wild, hunting Mastiff and one dire wolf alpha.

The spellstone is one of the best cards in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think a secret package would serve you well. Explosive, freezing, wandering. Two explosive two wandering one freezing and two spell stones.

Ditch the sea giant, tundra rhino, spirit of the lynx, revenge of the wild, hunting Mastiff and one dire wolf alpha.

The spellstone is one of the best cards in the game.
I really haven't liked freezing trap for a while now if I'm running limited secrets. Sure, it has definitely saved my ass a quite a few occasions, but the way the game is right now it's way too easy to play around and sometimes becomes a pain in the ass for you because you're trying to control what gets sent back. It's just a straight up dead card against all these kingsbane rogues since you don't want them to get any of their minions again. I've been getting more use out of snipe, rat trap, and venomstrike way more.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf? Just faced my first togwoggle corrupted blood solitaire deck. And last. Back to arena only for me.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really haven't liked freezing trap for a while now if I'm running limited secrets. Sure, it has definitely saved my ass a quite a few occasions, but the way the game is right now it's way too easy to play around and sometimes becomes a pain in the ass for you because you're trying to control what gets sent back. It's just a straight up dead card against all these kingsbane rogues since you don't want them to get any of their minions again. I've been getting more use out of snipe, rat trap, and venomstrike way more.

Sounds good to me.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say this expansion has been fantastic, all the sadder it's hurting from the last years from standard being bad.

It's at these times that wild would need to be a legit format to bridge the time to rotation.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say this expansion has been fantastic, all the sadder it's hurting from the last years from standard being bad.

It's at these times that wild would need to be a legit format to bridge the time to rotation.

Yeah looking at this expansion in a vacuum its fantastic. But there are quite a few cards that destroy the overall experience.
Rotation will be a great thing.

They have showed that they are willing to balance wild, so I hope they do that again, but far more aggressively then last time.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That feel when you come against a guy with 3 legendaries in his deck and he's the same rating as your 2000 dust newbie ass. Pay to win is strong in this game that's for sure, I just need to accept that sometimes £££££ is all that matters and move on.

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you come against a guy with 3 legendaries in his deck and he's the same rating as your 2000 dust newbie ass. Pay to win is strong in this game that's for sure, I just need to accept that sometimes £££££ is all that matters and move on.

I think you'll find that dust count doesn't equate to strength and spending money just lets you run more decks with less time investment.

I played this game f2p for years, I know you can get by very well without spending anything. I only started spending money cause I got a ton of extra gold in WOW and you can sell that for bnet balance and funnel it into hearthstone.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Control just keeps getting greedier.

The taunt druid with undatakah and astral tiger is ludicrously greedy. That kind of deck losing to otk is fitting.

It sucks that control needs a semi quick way of ending the game. But I certainly don't want infinite value greedy decks to dominate too.

Ideally control would get tools to fight other control decks that "counter" them. Right now that just doesn't exist outside of warlock.

### Fuck combo
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Demonic Project
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Gnomeferatu
# 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 2x (4) Shroom Brewer
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Skull of the Man'ari
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (8) Void Contract
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GCKICzAibwgKX0wLb6QKc+AKggAPUhgMLigHbBrYH58sCrs0C980C8tACiNIC2OUC6OcCgIoDAA==
#

Might need another owl for extra fuck combo.
How is that void contract working for you? seems like the usual control lock with an extra fuck you to combo based decks.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

What deck are you playing? zoo lock is very strong right now and that is dirt cheap.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
it's not hyper competitive, but you should save up for whizbang at some point if you just want to dive into the game and have some variety. that type of hunter deck is nice though bc you don't really need a lot of legendaries. if you pulled houndmaster shaw or zuljin they're good, but rexar alone wins a lot of games. I like using tracking to make sure I can find him.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone actually managed to beat with the Paladin DK 4 horsemen the other day, first time I've seen that pulled off

Also wtf with this druid who took out like 5 minions and still had enough hero attacks to destroy me from 25 health in one turn lol, was not expecting the legendary that lets you attack again after killing a minion and a 0 cost faceless manipulator the same turn and 8 hero attack power.....

Oct 25, 2017
Someone actually managed to beat with the Paladin DK 4 horsemen the other day, first time I've seen that pulled off

Also wtf with this druid who took out like 5 minions and still had enough hero attacks to destroy me from 25 health in one turn lol, was not expecting the legendary that lets you attack again after killing a minion and a 0 cost faceless manipulator the same turn and 8 hero attack power.....

Yep, that's gonk. Just one of the new ways druid has to win the game. Finally druid has a win condition.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
Hah! Surrender to Madness + Army of the Dead is a pretty sweet combo in a spiteful deck it turns out. For added silliness the Surrender to Madness was randomly picked because I was too slow playing a Witchdoctor, and the Army of the Dead came from a mind controlled Lich King.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Im not giving up on discard warlock. It's my favorite deck type to play - It's definitely better than before, but still struggles to win consistently. I'm having fun experimenting with it and trying new cards in it...

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I've been playing Kingsbane and enjoying the expansion. I'd played quite a bit of Kingsbane during Witchwood and it's so much more consistent with Raiding Party. I kinda wish there were more new cards to use but the deck does look a lot different since you're incentivized to run some extra pirates. I throw Mojomaster Zihi in too since I saw that recommended as a tech card. I doubt it's really all that useful but it can sometimes be nice to bring Druids back down to your level or delay the new Hunter hero card.

I was also doing an Aggro Pirate Kingsbane deck that was fun. I've been wanting to try to play more aggro since it's such a different play style but I do find it way more stressful. You have so few turns to really take control and win the game but it can be exciting. Cannon Barrage can feel great too if you can stick a few minions on board, might be kind of a win more card though.

I liked playing Shuddderwock too but I don't think it's changed much since I was playing it. I crafted Oonsdasta to play Da Undatakah Taunt Druid with the beast package but that deck isn't particularly fun. I enjoyed playing Togwaggle way more during Witchwood (when you needed Twig or hand filling to actually pull it off). I got Soulflayer from my packs so I'm tempted to try to make that work but I don't even know how that'd be done. I don't have Hemet which seems like the obvious way of getting it out of your deck.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything i hate about this game dies at rotation.

Kingsbane
Shudderwock
Rexxar
Jaina
Druid

Until then, auto concede against miserable decks, like has happened for the last two years. Almost to the end.

I'll miss defile and godfrey though. Control warlock is my favorite deck.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Everything i hate about this game dies at rotation.

Kingsbane
Shudderwock
Rexxar
Jaina
Druid

Until then, auto concede against miserable decks, like has happened for the last two years. Almost to the end.

I'll miss defile and godfrey though. Control warlock is my favorite deck.
Next rotation is April, right? I'm just going to save all my dust for then... no sense crafting stuff to play for only a few months.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Rexxar is so damn annoying to play against. Waiting for the selection of beat crafting.

Especially when you're in a losing position and waiting for a key top deck and they're just casually building new threats. Ugh.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rexxar is so damn annoying to play against. Waiting for the selection of beat crafting.

Especially when you're in a losing position and waiting for a key top deck and they're just casually building new threats. Ugh.
Agreed, doesn't help that half the decks now a days are hunters.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
rexar is the single most fun card this game has ever had. its not some stupid autofire finisher like shudderwock. and it does take skill to know the card pool and realize how you should be building your beast at the moment. most people play too greedy when often you should try to make as cheap a beast as possible so you can play HP > cheap beast + drawn card if you don't have a money ticket minion staring at you in your 3 selections. it should be evergreen, not hated on

Oct 25, 2017
Next rotation is April, right? I'm just going to save all my dust for then... no sense crafting stuff to play for only a few months.
If you really want to play it, then craft it.
If you play this game every day, then 4 months is a long time. If you're kinda on the fence about whatever card it is that you're thinking of crafting, then I understand being hesitant. But if you really want to play kingsbane and know you'll enjoy it, then just craft it. It's so much better to have fun now than to be miserable for 4 months because you want to be careful with your dust. I've crafted shit in February if I knew it would turn the game around for me.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
If you really want to play it, then craft it.
If you play this game every day, then 4 months is a long time. If you're kinda on the fence about whatever card it is that you're thinking of crafting, then I understand being hesitant. But if you really want to play kingsbane and know you'll enjoy it, then just craft it. It's so much better to have fun now than to be miserable for 4 months because you want to be careful with your dust. I've crafted shit in February if I knew it would turn the game around for me.
I would need three legendaries to make the deck and several others putting it close to 5k dust. I only do quests and taverns now, so I'll just wait. I was thinking of getting back to ladder, but with the cost/time... next rotation it is.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
I would need three legendaries to make the deck and several others putting it close to 5k dust. I only do quests and taverns now, so I'll just wait. I was thinking of getting back to ladder, but with the cost/time... next rotation it is.
valid point but just to throw it out there, i def have usable kingsbane decks with only myra as the other legendary in there, greenskin is...ok in standard, but honestly a one off of shadowstep in those decks i think is really good replacement, you can snag a free use of toxicologist or a 1 mana use of the pirate weapon buff combo dude, and best of all those happen early in the game and not late; if you have myra getting the 4 durability on kingsbane really doesn't matter much. and valeera is amazing, sure, but you can make a more aggro version of the deck, or an auctioneer fueled one without her fine, i don't have her in any of mine cos i really hate the idea of skipping a turn when i could be winning the game.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
valid point but just to throw it out there, i def have usable kingsbane decks with only myra as the other legendary in there, greenskin is...ok in standard, but honestly a one off of shadowstep in those decks i think is really good replacement, you can snag a free use of toxicologist or a 1 mana use of the pirate weapon buff combo dude, and best of all those happen early in the game and not late; if you have myra getting the 4 durability on kingsbane really doesn't matter much. and valeera is amazing, sure, but you can make a more aggro version of the deck, or an auctioneer fueled one without her fine, i don't have her in any of mine cos i really hate the idea of skipping a turn when i could be winning the game.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll build a bit and see what happens.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
plus if you keep away from dusting kingsbane when it rotates, kingsbane decks right now only 'need' one card for wild which isn't available in standard rn, tinker's oil, in order to be viable there, so it transitions very easily if you want to keep a deck for that mode. buccaneer, coldlight oracle, and ship's cannon are the next best support cards that help the archetype in wild alot, and one of those was a rotation some players might still have, and iirc the other two are commons

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
kingsbane pissed me off so much i remember making decks that counter it.... but lose to mostly everything else lol

I don't play with rogue, but if I had that card I would keep it for wild play. I pay money sometimes for these cards so I want to continue getting value from them. I have wild decks of all my favorite classes.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-114/

Track-o-Bot is dead. (been mostly dead for awhile)

Since Rastakhan's Rumble launch, Track-o-bot's card database has been corrupt, making data contribution through the program impossible. While we have been waiting for an update to fix this issue, there is no indication that such an update will occur. Unfortunately, the program has been neglected for a long time and we're left with no choice but to move forward without it and assume its development is dead.

Dead game folks

This latest development, alongside an overall decrease in Hearthstone activity which we have observed over the last 4 months, has led to significantly less data being collected. This is unfortunate and can hurt our long-term ability to perform the analysis that we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.