• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they're unwilling to acknowledge their shortcomings compared to hsreplay, which has always had like 100x the data collected. I won't miss vs reports and the undue weight people put on it.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I appreciate the replies, but I think I'll just hang on to the dust, horde the gold, and re-up in April with the next rotation as I'll have all the Rogue cards then.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they're unwilling to acknowledge their shortcomings compared to hsreplay, which has always had like 100x the data collected. I won't miss vs reports and the undue weight people put on it.

So if I understand what is happening: Hearthstone Deck Tracker, which is owned by hsreplay.net, collects data from ALL HDT users. Meanwhile vS Data Reaper can only get data from a portion of HDT users that choose to share their data.

Which means, as of now, hsreplay will always have a more data at their disposal until more 3rd party apps can collect and share data with vS?

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Rumble Run is live and seems kinda interesting. I lost to Zul'jin as the final boss on my first try so I wonder if it won't be that difficult. Maybe I just got lucky to make it that far.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
One day I played some matchmaking
I found this deck, it was great
It was so broken I couldn't put it down
Even when I got Legend Top 8

That night I had a scary dream
I mixed in my own selection
Added Trolls, a bit of draw, Eyes of Flies
And a tiny dab of Cataclysm

The deck started shaking! My cards were quaking! My stomach aching! MY CLIENTWAS BREAKING.

CAUSE. I. WAS. JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK-HI'REEK / JEK'LIK HI-HI JEK'LIK / JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK HI'REEK JEK'LIK HIIIIIII.

Oct 25, 2017
So if I understand what is happening: Hearthstone Deck Tracker, which is owned by hsreplay.net, collects data from ALL HDT users. Meanwhile vS Data Reaper can only get data from a portion of HDT users that choose to share their data.

Which means, as of now, hsreplay will always have a more data at their disposal until more 3rd party apps can collect and share data with vS?

Sounds like it. They probably should just base their analysis of hsreplay stats instead of their own. Why they haven't done this already is confusing. The guy who runs it is cool but seems like hsreplay innovates and grows while vs stagnated.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Rogues mark (spells cast twice) + academic espionage + lobstrok tastetester (when you cast a spell draw a spell. It costs 2 less)

My turn ends when I run out of spells to play. 2 counterfeit coins help me with things that cost too much and Edwin and red mana wurm help convert it all into big boys on board

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I guess all those HS executives left earlier this year because of all the cost cutting going down. If you're leading the biggest CCG in the market by far and they come tell you they are cutting your wages and employee revenue sharing this year, I'd probably leave too to do my own thing.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Loti was my final boss.....
she made me her bitch.

My run lasted until Loti as well. Sheeit was nasty.

One day I played some matchmaking
I found this deck, it was great
It was so broken I couldn't put it down
Even when I got Legend Top 8

That night I had a scary dream
I mixed in my own selection
Added Trolls, a bit of draw, Eyes of Flies
And a tiny dab of Cataclysm

The deck started shaking! My cards were quaking! My stomach aching! MY CLIENTWAS BREAKING.

CAUSE. I. WAS. JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK-HI'REEK / JEK'LIK HI-HI JEK'LIK / JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK HI'REEK JEK'LIK HIIIIIII.

lol

I'd love to be playing Discard, but I don't have the cards.
I've been playing mostly Spiteful Talanji (which is fun), but feels bad because I already have Priest in gold. Second up is probably Evo Shaman with Kragwa--which is also fun, but doesn't feel particularly strong.

I'm sitting on enough dust for two more legendaries, but to be honest, I don't know that I really need to craft anything else this expansion. Going by my own personal experience, and from what I've seen on vS Syndicate / hsreplay, not a lot of the new cards are really seeing much use. Also, with APM Priest and Kingsbane looking like serious contenders, I may just sit this expansion out and wait until rotation next year. Shame.

Feels like the HS Team is going to need to do something about Genn / Baku.

I wish Heal Paladin had taken off. I really wanted to play Thekal, but best Paladin lists right now are Odd / Even Paladin so....?

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Thekal is pretty good in Uther otk.

That's true. I don't really like OTK / combo decks though. DS/IF Priest, Frost Mage, APM Priest, Malygos Anything, Resurrect Priest, Mecha Thun, etc., etc. They're just not fun for me. I typically play control / midrange decks.

Seems like Thekal is just like a lot of other cards right now: a great card, but doesn't get played because it doesn't fit into an existing archtype or is just overshadowed by the decklists that have been around for 4-8 months now. lol

I mean, whatever! I'm not a competitive player. I just play to have fun and I'm still having fun. The apparent frontrunners for this meta though hint that that fun might be shortlived. lol

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
What are the rewards for beating Rumble Run? Strange they didn't have quests ready for it.....
You get the card back shown on this page.

EDIT: I've been making Hakkar Druid work pretty good but I keep guessing wrong against OTK Paladin. I'm always assuming it's the DK OTK but both times it's been the Holy Wrath one. It should be obvious since they don't try to bounce any horsemen, and it should be an easy win since I clog their deck with crap but I keep failing.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This Brawl is really cool for trying out new cards. As someone who didn't purchase packs (probably should have) and only has 3kish dust, I'm struggling to decide what to spend it on and this is helping me take a look at what's on offer.

I prefer control types. I have Unda (lucky pull from an Arena win pack), and Bwonsamdi (I'm going to assume this card isn't wonderful and as someone with a low amount of good priest cards is ripe for craft materials?).

I have Rogue, Warrior, Druid, Warlock, Paladin control decks. I can also forge Warlock Zoo and Odd Rogue.

Anyone have any tips for spending? 3.1k Dust. I can probably stretch to any single deck for one of the above classes (I have tonnes of crap cards to break down). I'm looking at win rates etc... but I don't really care about those, what control decks with fun new cards are y'all enjoying?

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Deathrattle Hunter with the extra beasts for Oondasta is just disgusting when it goes off. Swing with Kathrina, recruit Oondasta, overkill and summon a charged devilsaur from hand, play King Krush from hand. Board clear +15 face damage.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Aggro Kingsbane. Was worried about how I'd kill this other kingsbane rogue until I realized I had 15 damage in hand on turn 6, a 4 attack dagger and a 5 attack minion on board allowing me to murder him from 24.

### Facebane
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 1x (2) Leeching Poison
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Toxicologist
# 2x (3) Cutthroat Buccaneer
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Myra's Unstable Element
#
AAECAaIHBsgDrwSpzQLb4wK77wLn+gIMjALLA80DqAXUBe4G5weGCeXRAqL3Asn7AtWMAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Toxicologist not being a pirate and being a 2 mana 2/2 makes me sad, but it buffs kingsbane I guess? Experimenting between that and sharkfin fan.

Last edited:

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Everything i hate about this game dies at rotation.

Kingsbane
Shudderwock
Rexxar
Jaina
Druid

Until then, auto concede against miserable decks, like has happened for the last two years. Almost to the end.

I'll miss defile and godfrey though. Control warlock is my favorite deck.

I was watching Toast and he was talking about when he spoke do a developer about the new expansion. Basically the developer told him he didn't expect the meta to change much with the release and we'd have to wait to rotation.

Even if it doesn't end up being the case how on earth do you even have that mindset as a developer? Hey here's something new but you're going to have to wait 4 months to really enjoy it? It's a damn digital game...change something so it's not like that!

Seeing a game like fortnite makes me jealous over the weekly balances and updates and new content. I know the main thing is you don't want your cards constantly becoming obsolete ...so make cards more easily obtainable and make money off of card backs, taunts, etc.

I'd dunno maybe I'm crazy... I just wish they'd do something different with the game I like.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I was watching Toast and he was talking about when he spoke do a developer about the new expansion. Basically the developer told him he didn't expect the meta to change much with the release and we'd have to wait to rotation.

Even if it doesn't end up being the case how on earth do you even have that mindset as a developer? Hey here's something new but you're going to have to wait 4 months to really enjoy it? It's a damn digital game...change something so it's not like that!

Seeing a game like fortnite makes me jealous over the weekly balances and updates and new content. I know the main thing is you don't want your cards constantly becoming obsolete ...so make cards more easily obtainable and make money off of card backs, taunts, etc.

I'd dunno maybe I'm crazy... I just wish they'd do something different with the game I like.
Yeah, that almost seems like their mindset this entire year of expansions, and I hate it.

It might even be the right move because it seems they're still doing well in popularity and maybe they wouldn't if they either did the the dozens of nerfs probably needed or more power creep to the point it breaks the basic ruleset. But I still hate they have to do it like this.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about mindset, what you want them to do? Lie? The problem is that KFT and Kobolds cards are far too strong, stronger than anyone expected them to be including Blizzard. The only way to change the meta is to make even more stupid cards, they are not doing to do that. That's good. I really like this set, I think it's great but it won't really show until rotation comes in. It's a fairly strong set just not as strong as KFT/Kobolds. That's ok. They already nerfed a bunch of cards from those sets and it's too late to nerf more. Just wait ~3 months and in that time some of the old cards that didn't see any play are playable. So it's not really all bad. Kingsbane and Uther are basically new cards. They were useless before. Nerfing cards feels bad, that's the reality of card games and there is no very obvious card to target, there is a collective of cards that make druid work for example or hunter.

What's not ok is odd/even decks. Those will still be meta even after rotation. Baku needs a nerf for sure, I don't know about Greymane. Maybe it's ok.

Last edited:

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
It's not about mindset, what you want them to do? Lie? The problem is that KFT and Kobolds cards are far too strong, stronger than anyone expected them to be including Blizzard. The only way to change the meta is to make even more stupid cards, they are not doing to do that. That's good. I really like this set, I think it's great but it won't really show until rotation comes in. It's a fairly strong set just not as strong as KFT/Kobolds. That's ok. They already nerfed a bunch of cards from those sets and it's too late to nerf more. Just wait ~3 months and in that time some of the old cards that didn't see any play are playable. So it's not really all bad. Kingsbane and Uther are basically new cards. They were useless before.

What's not ok is odd/even decks. Those will still be meta even after rotation. Baku needs a nerf for sure, I don't know about Greymane. Maybe it's ok.

Why is it too late to nerf? How about something crazy like for the first two weeks of every month they nerf the top 20 cards by 1 Mana? Then it reverts last 2 weeks. Have crazy changes like that every month. Would be cool to see who can adapt vs just netdeck.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it too late to nerf? How about something crazy like for the first two weeks of every month they nerf the top 20 cards by 1 Mana? Then it reverts last 2 weeks. Have crazy changes like that every month. Would be cool to see who can adapt vs just netdeck.

I'm fairly casual as is but doing something like that would kill my interest in the game so fast.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And if it's horrible you don't do it again? Try something new each month? You still have the odd weeks where it's the same stale meta. You could make it just 1 week a month where you switch it up. Why is keeping a stale meta for 4 months better?
I think we need more "expert" modes in addition to wild.
We should have a rotating expansions mode, and a things change often mode. Both standard.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds great if your goal is to actually kill hearthstone.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think they should move Baku and gen to the Hall of fame when rotation happens next year, then we can have a really fresh new meta.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Having fun with a taunt Druid deck with Unda. Currently running the Lich King as a late game threat/taunt, but he keeps spitting out cards that hurt me more than help.

Any good replacements for him?

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Having fun with a taunt Druid deck with Unda. Currently running the Lich King as a late game threat/taunt, but he keeps spitting out cards that hurt me more than help.

Any good replacements for him?
Are you running that 5 7 rush minion with taunt? That served me wel in the beast druid deck I was running.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are you running that 5 7 rush minion with taunt? That served me wel in the beast druid deck I was running.

That would have been good info to include yes, ha!

This is my current deck. I could sub in another of those, just wondering if there's any new card or some kind of synergy I'm missing if I did that.

Also any changes anyone would make?
T2jqOLY.jpg

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds great if your goal is to actually kill hearthstone.
I'm not saying it has to be a specific thing...I'm just saying be flexible. If it doesn't work you can revert it cause it's a digital card game!

Ok so say it's just 1 weekend a month where they do crazy shit...does that still "kill hearthstone?". And if no one likes something you either don't do it again or fix it.

Otherwise you're just saying everything is perfect as is? Can you not think of a single thing to improve it? All I'm saying is try to do that thing and if it doesn't work revert it.... instead of going through months of shit most people hate.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it has to be a specific thing...I'm just saying be flexible. If it doesn't work you can revert it cause it's a digital card game!

Ok so say it's just 1 weekend a month where they do crazy shit...does that still "kill hearthstone?". And if no one likes something you either don't do it again or fix it.

Otherwise you're just saying everything is perfect as is? Can you not think of a single thing to improve it? All I'm saying is try to do that thing and if it doesn't work revert it.... instead of going through months of shit most people hate.
um, yes, that would kill it. Hearthstone requires a consistency, as all CCGs do. the nature of the game makes it impossible to make "small" changes - a single digit increase can make the difference between a card being auto-include and completely unplayable - RIP FWA - hence why they're so reluctant to enact changes at all. drastically changing the entire game with any frequency would destroy the game - who wants to theorycraft their entire collection every two weeks?

there are clearly issue with stagnation, but the solution isn't to completely undermine the fundamentals of the game. i think the folks suggesting changing how rotation works are on to something, and honestly i've found Blizzard's approach confusing since it started. i wish they would rotate out the oldest expansion when the new one drops - it would keep the rotation fresh, the card pool wouldn't arbitrarily be halved each rotation, and it might prevent design problems like the "this'll be good next year" thing Toast mentioned. i'd speculate the reason they don't do that is that maybe Team5 designs the 'year of the blank' blocks in parallel in order for thematic/design consistency, but i'm just some doofus on the internet so what do i know

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
um, yes, that would kill it. Hearthstone requires a consistency, as all CCGs do. the nature of the game makes it impossible to make "small" changes - a single digit increase can make the difference between a card being auto-include and completely unplayable - RIP FWA - hence why they're so reluctant to enact changes at all. drastically changing the entire game with any frequency would destroy the game - who wants to theorycraft their entire collection every two weeks?

there are clearly issue with stagnation, but the solution isn't to completely undermine the fundamentals of the game. i think the folks suggesting changing how rotation works are on to something, and honestly i've found Blizzard's approach confusing since it started. i wish they would rotate out the oldest expansion when the new one drops - it would keep the rotation fresh, the card pool wouldn't arbitrarily be halved each rotation, and it might prevent design problems like the "this'll be good next year" thing Toast mentioned. i'd speculate the reason they don't do that is that maybe Team5 designs the 'year of the blank' blocks in parallel in order for thematic/design consistency, but i'm just some doofus on the internet so what do i know

If the changes are 2-3 days a month how is that theory crafting every 2 weeks? For 28 days a month the game is the exact same. If you don't play it that one weekend the game will not have changed at all.

Think of it as a fun 2-3 day "event" every month. You could even give everyone access to every card that one weekend so it gives people the chance to try things they normally can't.

Edit: and for example they could even try your idea for the first one ...just rotate out the oldest expansion and see what happens...if it sucks guess what you don't have to live with it for months

Last edited:

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who would want that? why would that be a good idea? again, people want consistency. people don't want to fire up CoD on Friday night to find out now it's actually Fortnite til Monday. they don't want to "just stop playing the game for a weekend" because it turns into some wacky, unrecognizable mess every few weeks. when would it be? in the middle of the month, where it would completely fuck up the meta and destroy the ladder? at the beginning or the end of the month, where no-one would bother playing it since they'd just wait it out for the new season, while Blizzard watches their player base number plummet? that's going to turn off way more people than it's going to attract. it's a bad idea that they would thankfully never consider implementing.

also practically speaking even if it's 2-3 days a month, that kills the game for mobile or at least IOS since every patch is the full 2 gigs or whatever ridiculous size the mobile client is

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
But how would you really know if you don't try it? And if it is a horrible mess you don't keep doing it? And you don't see why having access to all the cards for a couple days might actually appeal to players or newer players?

And they have mentioned they've been looking into making card changes more of a server side thing so it would be predicated on that.

And if you're really stuck on "it'll destroy hearthstone" then move it to a different mode. Pretty sure all the streamers would at least play it.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thnk what greepoman is advocating for would is something similar to Starcraft II's mutation mode. Just something optional to shake things up a bit. An evolution of tavern brawl maybe.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But how would you really know if you don't try it? And if it is a horrible mess you don't keep doing it? And you don't see why having access to all the cards for a couple days might actually appeal to players or newer players?

And they have mentioned they've been looking into making card changes more of a server side thing so it would be predicated on that.

And if you're really stuck on "it'll destroy hearthstone" then move it to a different mode. Pretty sure all the streamers would at least play it.
spinning off something like that into a new mode would be great, and i'm all for introducing new varieties of play so long as they don't upheave the core of the game. i just think implementing those changes game-wide even temporarily would be way too disruptive to the main experience.

it'd be rad if they added something that let you play a deck comprised of cards from all class, alter mana/attack/defense values, etc, similar to the way custom games work in Overwatch. it would probably result in exposing a bunch of game-breaking interactions, but that shit would be a blast.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
I thnk what greepoman is advocating for would is something similar to Starcraft II's mutation mode. Just something optional to shake things up a bit. An evolution of tavern brawl maybe.
Yeah maybe I screwed up by giving an extreme specific when all I'm really saying is be more willing to make changes and try new things because you can roll back things if they're really bad. Even start off small and have maybe 1 more balance change per expansion after the meta gets stale. Just something instead of nothing.

it'd be rad if they added something that let you play a deck comprised of cards from all class, alter mana/attack/defense values, etc, similar to the way custom games work in Overwatch. it would probably result in exposing a bunch of game-breaking interactions, but that shit would be a blast.

See now we're brainstorming. The problem with brawl is it's too limited and custom and takes too much developer time and testing. If the new mode is just basically make small mods to the existing game then it's actually more time efficient for devs.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard has been consistent (post beta) that they want the cards to feel like cards, meaning they avoid changing them whenever possible. That's why nerfs and buffs are frustratingly rare. So I don't think they'll shift gears on that now.

But we do need a new mode. One of the modes I would love to play would be a ladder where all matches were a best of 3 with a side board that you can use before matches 2 and 3. It would mean an entirely new meta experience because one trick decks would be counterable. I don't play magic but I understand they do something similar.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard has been consistent (post beta) that they want the cards to feel like cards, meaning they avoid changing them whenever possible. That's why nerfs and buffs are frustratingly rare. So I don't think they'll shift gears on that now.

But we do need a new mode. One of the modes I would love to play would be a ladder where all matches were a best of 3 with a side board that you can use before matches 2 and 3. It would mean an entirely new meta experience because one trick decks would be counterable. I don't play magic but I understand they do something similar.

and easy and fun way to implement a new game mode.

this game is starving of game modes. In times like these I wish Team 5 would communicate a lot more, but now that BB is gone, the communications have been so rare and when they do it they say something stupid and borderline offensive.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rumble Run kind of sucks. It feels so random. I have a badass strong deck that gets wrecked by some impossible to defend turn. I have a crappy battlecry deck that never faces a single challenge during a complete run.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about BO3 but it would be nice to bring 2 or 3 decks, see your opponent, and then pick one to play. It adds a layer to things where you're able to cover a wider spread without seriously impacting hearthstone's quick games.

I've played some Artifact but I don't play it often because I find each game to be grueling and I don't necessarily want that for hearthstone.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about BO3 but it would be nice to bring 2 or 3 decks, see your opponent, and then pick one to play. It adds a layer to things where you're able to cover a wider spread without seriously impacting hearthstone's quick games.

I've played some Artifact but I don't play it often because I find each game to be grueling and I don't necessarily want that for hearthstone.

Lol who gets to choose the deck last? That doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.