Hearthstone: Rastakhan's Rumble |OT| Let's Get Ready To Rumble Mon

OP
OP
manhack
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they're unwilling to acknowledge their shortcomings compared to hsreplay, which has always had like 100x the data collected. I won't miss vs reports and the undue weight people put on it.
So if I understand what is happening: Hearthstone Deck Tracker, which is owned by hsreplay.net, collects data from ALL HDT users. Meanwhile vS Data Reaper can only get data from a portion of HDT users that choose to share their data.

Which means, as of now, hsreplay will always have a more data at their disposal until more 3rd party apps can collect and share data with vS?

Oct 25, 2017
One day I played some matchmaking
I found this deck, it was great
It was so broken I couldn't put it down
Even when I got Legend Top 8

That night I had a scary dream
I mixed in my own selection
Added Trolls, a bit of draw, Eyes of Flies
And a tiny dab of Cataclysm

The deck started shaking! My cards were quaking! My stomach aching! MY CLIENTWAS BREAKING.

CAUSE. I. WAS. JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK-HI'REEK / JEK'LIK HI-HI JEK'LIK / JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK HI'REEK JEK'LIK HIIIIIII.

So if I understand what is happening: Hearthstone Deck Tracker, which is owned by hsreplay.net, collects data from ALL HDT users. Meanwhile vS Data Reaper can only get data from a portion of HDT users that choose to share their data.

Which means, as of now, hsreplay will always have a more data at their disposal until more 3rd party apps can collect and share data with vS?
Sounds like it. They probably should just base their analysis of hsreplay stats instead of their own. Why they haven't done this already is confusing. The guy who runs it is cool but seems like hsreplay innovates and grows while vs stagnated.

Oct 25, 2017
Rogues mark (spells cast twice) + academic espionage + lobstrok tastetester (when you cast a spell draw a spell. It costs 2 less)

My turn ends when I run out of spells to play. 2 counterfeit coins help me with things that cost too much and Edwin and red mana wurm help convert it all into big boys on board

Oct 25, 2017
I guess all those HS executives left earlier this year because of all the cost cutting going down. If you're leading the biggest CCG in the market by far and they come tell you they are cutting your wages and employee revenue sharing this year, I'd probably leave too to do my own thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Loti was my final boss.....
she made me her bitch.
My run lasted until Loti as well. Sheeit was nasty.

One day I played some matchmaking
I found this deck, it was great
It was so broken I couldn't put it down
Even when I got Legend Top 8

That night I had a scary dream
I mixed in my own selection
Added Trolls, a bit of draw, Eyes of Flies
And a tiny dab of Cataclysm

The deck started shaking! My cards were quaking! My stomach aching! MY CLIENTWAS BREAKING.

CAUSE. I. WAS. JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK-HI'REEK / JEK'LIK HI-HI JEK'LIK / JEK'LIK-JEK'LIK HI'REEK JEK'LIK HIIIIIII.
lol

I'd love to be playing Discard, but I don't have the cards.
I've been playing mostly Spiteful Talanji (which is fun), but feels bad because I already have Priest in gold. Second up is probably Evo Shaman with Kragwa--which is also fun, but doesn't feel particularly strong.

I'm sitting on enough dust for two more legendaries, but to be honest, I don't know that I really need to craft anything else this expansion. Going by my own personal experience, and from what I've seen on vS Syndicate / hsreplay, not a lot of the new cards are really seeing much use. Also, with APM Priest and Kingsbane looking like serious contenders, I may just sit this expansion out and wait until rotation next year. Shame.

Feels like the HS Team is going to need to do something about Genn / Baku.

I wish Heal Paladin had taken off. I really wanted to play Thekal, but best Paladin lists right now are Odd / Even Paladin so....?

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Thekal is pretty good in Uther otk.
That's true. I don't really like OTK / combo decks though. DS/IF Priest, Frost Mage, APM Priest, Malygos Anything, Resurrect Priest, Mecha Thun, etc., etc. They're just not fun for me. I typically play control / midrange decks.

Seems like Thekal is just like a lot of other cards right now: a great card, but doesn't get played because it doesn't fit into an existing archtype or is just overshadowed by the decklists that have been around for 4-8 months now. lol

I mean, whatever! I'm not a competitive player. I just play to have fun and I'm still having fun. The apparent frontrunners for this meta though hint that that fun might be shortlived. lol

What are the rewards for beating Rumble Run? Strange they didn't have quests ready for it.....
You get the card back shown on this page.

EDIT: I've been making Hakkar Druid work pretty good but I keep guessing wrong against OTK Paladin. I'm always assuming it's the DK OTK but both times it's been the Holy Wrath one. It should be obvious since they don't try to bounce any horsemen, and it should be an easy win since I clog their deck with crap but I keep failing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This Brawl is really cool for trying out new cards. As someone who didn't purchase packs (probably should have) and only has 3kish dust, I'm struggling to decide what to spend it on and this is helping me take a look at what's on offer.

I prefer control types. I have Unda (lucky pull from an Arena win pack), and Bwonsamdi (I'm going to assume this card isn't wonderful and as someone with a low amount of good priest cards is ripe for craft materials?).

I have Rogue, Warrior, Druid, Warlock, Paladin control decks. I can also forge Warlock Zoo and Odd Rogue.

Anyone have any tips for spending? 3.1k Dust. I can probably stretch to any single deck for one of the above classes (I have tonnes of crap cards to break down). I'm looking at win rates etc... but I don't really care about those, what control decks with fun new cards are y'all enjoying?