• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh sweet, got three leggos from the Winter pack deal. Endless Army, Hagatha and Valeera. Time to try Kingsbane later, now that I only have to craft the Doomerangs.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if is because I'm playing in rank 15, but this last 24 hours I have beaten 2 ks rogue with cube hunter, arguably more times than when I played regularly.

I took the advice from this thread and just played more aggresively, but not in the face, rather, killing all minions and forcing the destruction of KS as soon as possible

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
Beating Kingsbane is tough, but there are things you can do. Those things are limited by the type of deck you're playing.

1) You kill them before they can do anything. Play aggro. Smorc.

2) Play Skulking Geist in your deck and jam it as soon as possible. Ideally, you want to get it out before they can apply Deadly Poison to their weapon. SG will eat Deadly Poison x 2 and Doomerang x 2. This makes their KB weaker and hopefully increases the time it takes them to find and equip their KB once it breaks.

3) If you're not in full smorc mode, kill their weapon buff minions as they play them or at least factor Vanish into your decision making when planning your turns.

4) Force them to mill their KB. This is a lot harder now without Coldlight Oracle. You'd need to use sub-optimal cards to even have a chance at it. Naturalize, the mage Project spell, etc. (Don't play the Mage project spell.)

5) Play Warlock, push them to fatigue, then Gnomeferatu their KB when it returns to their deck. I did this the other day and it feels great.

For the record, I hate Kingsbane and can't wait for it to rotate.

Option 5: Play Shudderwock or Freeze mage. Once their face is reliably frozen they can't do much of anything.

I saw the new bundle this morning and it makes me super glad I didn't pre-order the last expansion. If I were to spend money on hearthstone then 30 packs is a much better deal than 20.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
That is not a healthy game state though.
Also simply remove quest completion from casual and all the try hard decks would go away.
You would still have people practice the deck a bit before taking it to rank, but it would probably fix most of it.

However, it would probably also kill even more of the player base. I hardly ever play due to limited time, and if I had to grind ranked to attempt a daily reward with a class I don't even like, when a win is required... It would be bad.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So many rouges...

tenor.gif

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
got legend, it's been a while since the last time I bothered to play this game this much. Control paladin is a lot of fun and my winrate was in 70s that it was really easy. I think that mostly comes down to that people just mulligan for odd paladin and keep defensive cards instead of pressuring me early. and that's the only way I can lose, turn 1-4. After that the deck just keeps doing really powerful things.

kQAFJ4P.jpg

If it wasn't for control paly, I probably wouldn't play the game right now. It's just odd paly and hunter over half of the games and the rest are bullshit like apm priest and kingsbane which I don't mind with this deck actually. Only apm priest is terrible for me, they draw so fast fortunately good apm priest players are rare but some are insane how the queue their plays against double steed board. Timeout isn't that useful against this deck if you're not winning yourself with combo. It's also fun to not play a mirror match at all. I played it like twice this expansion. That's a plus, overall people don't have experience playing against your deck so that's another plus.

this is my current list.
### OTK
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Crystalsmith Kangor
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Time Out!
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Ancient Brewmaster
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Call to Arms
# 1x (5) Shrink Ray
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
# 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
#
AAECAZ8FCJ8D7QWO0wLj4wLD6gL9+wKE/AK9hgMLigG6AfsB3AP0Bc8G9geIxwL40gLPhgPshgMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsdecktracker.net

Doomsayer is too good not to play even though it's not great for curving into steed plan, I just don't care about that too much. Shrink ray is the flex spot, I'm thinking that I face combo decks so much I play mojomaster becaue beside uther I top out at 6 and I can play two cards with 6 mana anyway, thats something to test. Also nerubian is another good choice right now, it's good against hunter too. The paladin legendary cards in this deck are all absurdly strong and really fun and call to arms is 5 mana ultimate infestion, it's absurd how good this card still is even after nerf. Shirvallah is my favorite card from the expansion, finally you get a good payoff for all those buffs and spells even if they silenced or whatever. Zola+Shiravallah/Lynessa is dirty.

This is the most fun I had with hearthstone since patron and oil rogue in 2015. I feel I always have a chance against everything and my decisions have huge impact, every time I lost, I knew I made a mistake and that's really good. You don't get that feel in hearthstone often. It's good feeling that control paladin finally working in this game for the first time, it was always a meme or with very limited success at best.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opened up floopy in the winterveil packs. Eh. Not really interested in combo druid anymore and still don't have the weapon. Will go well with my sweet sweet dusk aviana in the land of never played.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit guys, what a weird campaign you all have against kingsbane.

the card and the deck are fine, imo. People are still experimenting and not many aggro decks have surface, that always contributes to kingsbane to be a little more dominant.

play as an aggro deck and they usually dump on kingsbane rogue. Said from a personal experience.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decks that hard counter entire categories of decks are bad for the game.

Once again, we need some sort of good counterplay that isn't just "include tech card win game against specific deck".

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like any deck that has a chance against everything is almost by definition too strong. :/
I think we've had this discussion before but I think this is false. If it just stomps everything, then sure. But if it has a CHANCE because you play well, then that's different. It's like undertaker Hunter or when we were playing shamanstone. Yeah those decks we're good against everything because they were fucking busted. A couple months ago I was playing control warlock with Mecha'thun and I felt like it did well against every deck except the resurrect priest bullshit. And the deck did well only if I played my matchups properly. But if I made a single mistake, it usually cost me the game. Can't say the same about the other 2 decks I mentioned. Play poorly, still win lol

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like the new single player content.
The bosses don't feel nearly as unique and shrine mechanics makes the games very snowbally.
If you ever lose board control, you are probably fucked, unless you have an amazing comeback card.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Ah the classic nerfs that happen after the last set before rotation launched that should've happened a year ago.

Nice.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Druid really getting blasted there. Maybe a little overkill?

I'm fine with the Saronite change if they actually print some cool Shudderwock synergy going forward.

Edit: Best news is I have two golden and two regular Level Ups.

Last edited:

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't nerf hunter, are they insane? odd paladin is the only thing keeping it in check lmao.

btw sorry you just crafted kingsbane rogue, here is a huge nerf to make it worthless without any refunds. So scummy.

I don't think the deck will be any good anymore the way it is now but kingsbane is still worth playing. The deck should look a lot different and be more tempo oriented. No doomerang, flurry or leeching or shiny finder anymore. You play kingsbane because boarding party is good, not the other way. You cant play long games.

Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
They didn't nerf hunter, are they insane? odd paladin is the only thing keeping it in check lmao.

btw sorry you just crafted kingsbane rogue, here is a huge nerf to make it worthless without any refunds. So scummy.

I don't think the deck will be any good anymore the way it is now but kingsbane is still worth playing. The deck should look a lot different and be more tempo oriented. No doomerang, flurry or leeching or shiny finder anymore. You play kingsbane because boarding party is good, not the other way. You cant play long games.

Yeah its going to mage and hunter meta now

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those druid nerfs are a bit too late, but still a good thing.
Hunter will be batshit insane once these nerfs go live.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I'm happy I won't have to see any more Shudderwock.

On the other, it's really obvious that they're avoiding nerfing epics and legendaries where possible. That's some serious penny pinching.
How exactly would you touch Hunter? I feel like Emerald Spellstone is obvious (Jesus Christ that card is stupid), but otherwise it's a bunch of above average cards in a really good pile. Even Rexxar isn't so much insane as he is just above the curve.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Rexxar hero power, make it cost 3 mana. That's a nerf, Rexxar needs to be slow, much slower than now. It should be difficult to play a zombeast as soon as you craft it. It should be defensive card not like this.

They could also nerf playdead because that card is a joke. Rogue version of it cost 5 mana LUL.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
I guess I'll continue my deathrattle Hunter spam.

Good meta nerfs. Druid one is Mana Wyrm level in the way it effects the mana curve of the class.

Oct 25, 2017
I think druid might just get by tbh. Shudderwock will still be playable, just not the combo version. Kingsbane will still see play in tempo versions, small chance in others. Odd paladin might be okay but we'll see more variety in aggro decks now I think.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think druid might just get by tbh. Shudderwock will still be playable, just not the combo version. Kingsbane will still see play in tempo versions, small chance in others. Odd paladin might be okay but we'll see more variety in aggro decks now I think.

Token druid will probably still see play, but all the decks that rely on ramp are pretty fucked.
I'm at least happy odd paladin is finally getting fucked.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
The Saronite nerf is pretty lame if you ask me (especially if Doubling Imp and Jek'lik stays as it is), as Shudderwock wasn't the only one who used it. The buff synergy was incredible with Keleseth.

The Druid nerfs, while welcome, feel super late and honestly the Druid class has been receiving nerfs to their basic classic set since every expansion. Did they not forsee such rampant abuse?

Mage and Hunter, I don't know if they exactly could afford to take any nerfs, but yeah it seems like those might be the classes primed to take the vacant spots.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Wild growth and nourish got nuked and rightfully so. Saronite also going to fall out of a lot of zoo decks. Leeching poison Nerf is the most fair and kingsbane will survive. Level up destroyed and probably odd pally too.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Damn those are some strong nerfs. Now why did they wait for this long to nerf the 'wock?

They wait so long because it's what they always do. They hate changing cards unless it's a dire situation. Probably hoping the expansion would do more.

The fact they didn't nerf Hunter makes me think they've been testing these nerfs for a while. But the fact they implemented it kind of abruptly compared to normal makes me think interest in hearthstone must have been plummeting compared to other expansions and made them move up their normal plans.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
They wait so long because it's what they always do. They hate changing cards unless it's a dire situation. Probably hoping the expansion would do more.

The fact they didn't nerf Hunter makes me think they've been testing these nerfs for a while. But the fact they implemented it kind of abruptly compared to normal makes me think interest in hearthstone must have been plummeting compared to other expansions and made them move up their normal plans.
It's because I didn't pre-order the expansion.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit these nerfs.

Yeah they are the pre rotation nerfs. They are always huge.

Basically this kills off complete odd paladin and kingsbane rogue. A shame about kingsbane rogue, I was getting used to use that deck.

At the very least I got 2 golden leeching poison, so a good amount of dust for me.

I'm mad about saronite chain gang, they just erased a very interesting and difficult deck to pilot.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit these nerfs.

Yeah they are the pre rotation nerfs. They are always huge.

Basically this kills off complete odd paladin and kingsbane rogue. A shame about kingsbane rogue, I was getting used to use that deck.

At the very least I got 2 golden leeching poison, so a good amount of dust for me.

I'm mad about saronite chain gang, they just erased a very interesting and difficult deck to pilot.

You mean shudderwock? Good riddance.
Dumbest shit that ever happened. Even after the balance you had to sit through hours of animations.

Oct 25, 2017
The animations were truly the stupidest thing about shudderwock even post patch. If they had made it somehow instant it would have been tolerable.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not touching Hunter is so dumb. Especially when you nerf odd paladin. Spellstone should require two secrets per upgrade.

And the nerfs releasing today is also crazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.