• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a priest player, but has holy fire always been good? I don't remember it ever really being used besides now.

Control priest seems really fucking good. Has enough burn and decent minions to beat odd warrior

It has been used now and then, not regularly but often in slowish decks with control properties, like the current control one, I've definetely used it several times before, but it's not used often because it's really slow

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I am absolutely buzzing right now, just had the most intense game ever since I started playing. I FINALLY beat a Dr Boom Warrior who got to do all of his party tricks, the game was like 30+ minutes. Here's the last few seconds when I slowly realise I've actually won :D

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
There are some real assholes who play this game, spamming "I greet you" during my turn and then instantly tries to invite me to BNET after he wins. I just wonder how miserable their lives must be to feel the need to BM like that, especially when they had a better deck.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are some real assholes who play this game, spamming "I greet you" during my turn and then instantly tries to invite me to BNET after he wins. I just wonder how miserable their lives must be to feel the need to BM like that, especially when they had a better deck.

Just squelch everyone when the game starts. It makes games so much more peaceful.

Oct 25, 2017
Magic Arena added it in open beta, maybe even earlier. It silences all enemy emotes, doesn't let you emote either, and as far as I know it doesn't even show if they're mousing over their hero attempting to emote. It's glorious.

Of course your opponent will still sit there and rope you and make your game last 35 minutes sometimes, but at least you don't get to watch emotes through the process.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I sometimes greet the opponent, not often. I always do if they greet me first.
I always go "wow" when they do something cool.
I always say "well played" when the game is done, no matter if I won or lost. If I finish a quest during the match, instead I say "thank you" when it's over.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I only squelch when people get annoying trying to upset me.

Don't need it usually, but I just used it last hour with a very annoying opponent.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
emotes are a very useful tool that honestly can win you games. in magic the head games are a bit more intense since you can actively counter, so snapping OOPS, NICE when you're trying to bait someone to either play into settle the wreckage, or bluff having it or a counter, can get you a response pushed in your favor sometimes. in HS it's not as important without active counterplay, but i still win games every now and then bluffing with emotes, or acting like i made a mistake when i really didn't and influencing people. if you were playing in person, the players face would give much more away, but emotes is all we have to interact, i never mute, if someone BM me i either whoop them in the game or deuce if i know they're wasting my time and it's impossible for me to recover.

Oct 25, 2017
Was playing odd rogue in wild against a warrior, got the Dr Boom hero card from a swashburglar, the warrior played scourgelord for a few turns and then his own Dr Boom.........the game must have gone half an hour and he won via fatigue and stacking armor all match lol

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I like to see the stats on the 2 drop discover spell guy. Like what percent of priest spells are useful or what's not. It feels it's always good for you. I pull mindblast every game. Like I often win with 4 mindblast in hand, it's silly.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like to see the stats on the 2 drop discover spell guy. Like what percent of priest spells are useful or what's not. It feels it's always good for you. I pull mindblast every game. Like I often win with 4 mindblast in hand, it's silly.
Speaking of Mind Blast, would Prophet Velen be useful in dragon control Priest? He's not a dragon, but he's so damn good when he sticks.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
There are 44 priest spells in standard right now. 43 if you don't count the quest. About half of them are straight up good, so you tend to always have 1 or 2 options.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
emotes are a very useful tool that honestly can win you games. in magic the head games are a bit more intense since you can actively counter, so snapping OOPS, NICE when you're trying to bait someone to either play into settle the wreckage, or bluff having it or a counter, can get you a response pushed in your favor sometimes. in HS it's not as important without active counterplay, but i still win games every now and then bluffing with emotes, or acting like i made a mistake when i really didn't and influencing people. if you were playing in person, the players face would give much more away, but emotes is all we have to interact, i never mute, if someone BM me i either whoop them in the game or deuce if i know they're wasting my time and it's impossible for me to recover.
that's just bad manners. It might win you some games particularly w/ settle the wreckage but you'll be a dick regardless.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
So when rotation hits, decks can include cards from Witchwood, Booms, Rasta and the new one...all others are gone, right?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So when rotation hits, decks can include cards from Witchwood, Booms, Rasta and the new one...all others are gone, right?
that's right, only those and also classic.

Minus the cards the decide to Hall of Fame, which I hope are less this year, they are taking too many out of the set

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
So I took a long break from HS and recently came back and saw RDU playing a Shirvallah OTK Paladin deck with tons of card draw and heal. Not sure how viable it is but it's a ton of fun to play. Beat a few hunters with it too. He has guide on YouTube.

### OTK DK
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Baleful Banker
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Crystalsmith Kangor
# 2x (2) Crystology
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Potion of Heroism
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Time Out!
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (4) Hammer of Wrath
# 2x (4) Prismatic Lens
# 2x (5) Holy Wrath
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
# 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
#
AAECAcOfAwb6Ae0FjtMCw+oC/fsCvYYDDJwCswPcA/QF9gfjywLt0gKn9wL8/ALZ/gLPhgPshgMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Also I had a blast watching the HCT winter qualifiers this weekend I really hope they don't kill the competitive scene. Some of those games with Viper were awesome especially the control shaman he brought

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Rotation can't come soon enough. I refuse to spend dust on crafting Year of the Mammoth cards at this point and so many of the popular decks hinge of those cards. KnC needs to be cleansed from the meta (and that's coming from someone who plays Spellhunter!)

There's barely any decks that survive the rotation intact. Just a couple mage and warrior decks as far as I can see. Some odd decks might survive, depends on the new set. But I CANNOT WAIT. Only ~2.5 months to go.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Rotation can't come soon enough. I refuse to spend dust on crafting Year of the Mammoth cards at this point and so many of the popular decks hinge of those cards. KnC needs to be cleansed from the meta (and that's coming from someone who plays Spellhunter!)

There's barely any decks that survive the rotation intact. Just a couple mage and warrior decks as far as I can see. Some odd decks might survive, depends on the new set. But I CANNOT WAIT. Only ~2.5 months to go.
Even and Odd decks are definitely going to survive, but they will have to evolve. This is contrary to last rotation, where the best deck (Cubelock) lost nothing that couldn't be easily replaced. At least that's how I remember it.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can y'all think of any possible combo disruption cards that don't just end the game against combo?

Zihi is a really great step in the right direction i think.

Oct 25, 2017
The best use of zihi imo was in kingsbane rogue. Could cycle copies back into deck with lab recruiter. But they had to go and kill kingsbane b4 rotation, smh.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot of Mech C'thune warlock because memes. I got a quest today to play as priest or paladin and so it led me to this game.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/hWBMh7yy4pqV9NnZPHquMc
I knew the build he was using as soon as I saw he place the weapon. It's super defensive, but the downfall was his death rattle void lords. I only messed up one turn in this game where I had intended to psychic scream his void lord back into the deck. Caused me to burn alexstraza. The rest was pretty good. The weapon forced him to play a minion to the board each turn or else it'd be pulled out of his hand the next turn. I got the idea from a game where a paladin put spikeridge steed on one of my minions to delay the game.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This meta feels terrible to me... I haven't been able to get comfortable with any deck for the last month, after the nerfs I haven't found a deck I like to play.

Oct 25, 2017
This meta feels terrible to me... I haven't been able to get comfortable with any deck for the last month, after the nerfs I haven't found a deck I like to play.
I felt similar until I started playing Priest. It's just fun to wreck Hunter's. But it seems like Priest numbers are going up and mirror matches in this game are fucking dreadful.

I definitely like this meta more than the last though. At least it feels like there's actual playing involved with a lot of the popular decks.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the meta, but at least Odd Paladin isn't completely brainless now. But there isn't a deck that I like playing. I can ladder with Spell hunter, I just don't want to? It's weird. I'm really just coasting until rotation to see how much more money I'll pump into this game.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in daily quest only mode. Starting to save up gold for next expansion, which I usually only do a month prior to release.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
priest is really annoying and I cringe at Rexxar every time it's played on six because fuck it's so boring and predictable. 75 percent of my games this month was against hunter and priest. The game is just booooooring.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this moment I just wish I could sell my Hearthstone account but this is against the rules.

The game never been this boring.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this meta is alright. Still looking forward to most of the otk decks going away and the prevalence of hunters is boring.

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to hear what other decks you are seeing then, could use some new deck ideas

Besides druid (6%) and shaman (2%), from my last 50 games every other class is between 10-20%.

So there is tempo + odd rogue, a few burgle mixed in. OTK + odd paladin. Elemental + odd mage. Couple priest decks but lately gallery priest pretty often. Several hunter decks. Odd quest warrior. Mechathun druid. Midrange or control warlocks, which are probably on the rise and at least one mechathun warlock. Only shaman isn't very notable in my last 50.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
OTK paladin is so much fun to play I haven't enjoyed hs this much in a while. Almost like I have freeze mage back time out is basically ice block not sure why they allowed something like that after sending ice block to hall of fame but I love decks like that so I'm glad they did lol

Oct 25, 2017
OTK paladin is so much fun to play I haven't enjoyed hs this much in a while. Almost like I have freeze mage back time out is basically ice block not sure why they allowed something like that after sending ice block to hall of fame but I love decks like that so I'm glad they did lol

Yeah, I am enjoying it too. A control deck with a win condition. It can even beat some combo decks, like I beat a mechathun druid last night by using steeds on their stuff. At the end he had to play mechathun with no board, hand, or cards to draw left. So as long as I didn't kill it or let it die, which is hard for him to force to happen, all I had to do was survive long enough for fatigue (was still at 40~ hp with heals and ebon blade swings left).

https://hsreplay.net/replay/29L8NMA6TCsgrKojH85KiX

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Just the mulligan stats for this deck https://hsreplay.net/decks/JIjl3qOV...&utm_medium=client&utm_campaign=mulliganguide vs odd warrior if that is possible. I guess odd warrior with quest if you can get that specific. A screenshot would be more than enough.

It doesn't give per matchup mulligan data. just class.
The above average cards vs warrior are
Uther(duh) 81.7
call to arms (thinning 3 and drawing up to 3 towards uther seems good) 80.7
thekal 79.6 (i guess this helps you live turns vs quest?)
tarim 79.2
steed 79.1
heroism 77.9

looking at that i'm betting thekal steed and heroism are picking up points off the quest matchup. Heroism less so perhaps, picking up 2 draws with lynessa is pretty good in most matchups. It should also be noted that spkirediged and tarim are only kept infrequently. so you might not want to read too much into that.
https://hsreplay.net/cards/43406/uther-of-the-ebon-blade#rankRange=LEGEND_THROUGH_FIVE
pdvIWNh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.