• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

First expansion teaser! Same lady from Whispers of the Old Gods!

I wonder if this means we will get old gods cards (I'm all for it) or just cameos of the lady from that promo, and posibly from the other promos because of the "Team"

Also, good to remind that this should be the first expansion where Ben brode isn't completely involved, may be just in the conception but not on the cards and final design, should be interesting to see what changes.

also, going by the video, next one should be a kobold... may be tog???

Whizbang will never rotate right? is not even a card per se.

it will, but on april 2020

because of the new card we are being given with the single player content I fully expect them to continiousy do a legendary in a similar fashion to whizbang each year.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
well they need to have the expansion be announced by then unless they want to avoid half of the questions being asked about the expansion because, of course, half of them will be about that.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Zoolock, which has exactly one card that was released after 2017, is really good right now to deal with all the greed.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Mind posting your deck?
### Zoo Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Voodoo Doctor
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Lightwarden
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (3) Happy Ghoul
# 2x (3) Fungal Enchanter
# 2x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 2x (4) Lifedrinker
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Fungalmancer
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
#
AAECAf0GAq8EnOICDjCEAfIFzgfCCPcMysMCm8sC980Cn84C8tAC0eECh+gC7/ECAA==
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/3ShPWVJVKhXUboWYTfePPg/

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having loads of fun with Zalae's elemental shaman, it's extremely versatile and can go against any deck, it also can do some incredible and wacky plays without losing it's completitiveness, I'm in love with this deck.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Neat-o. It seems to make quick work of Odd Rogue.

Any quick strats? And sorry for all the ???s (Deck seems easy enough to pilot, honestly.)
It's a face deck--you shouldn't be trading unless absolutely necessary. And do not worry about your health--it is a resource to spend.

And this is my opinion, but Lightwarden is basically there as bait. You will almost never get to attack with it, but opponents will waste valuable resources to get rid of it immediately. For example, if you play a Lightwarden on turn 1 against Hunter, and the Hunter uses its coin to play two 1/1s with rush (from Springpaw) to kill it, you're probably winning that game.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's a face deck--you shouldn't be trading unless absolutely necessary. And do not worry about your health--it is a resource to spend.

And this is my opinion, but Lightwarden is basically there as bait. You will almost never get to attack with it, but opponents will waste valuable resources to get rid of it immediately. For example, if you play a Lightwarden on turn 1 against Hunter, and the Hunter uses its coin to play two 1/1s with rush (from Springpaw) to kill it, you're probably winning that game.
Much appreciated. If I get to rank 10 this month, I'll buy you the preorder for the next expansion. (My highest rank ever is 13.)

This game is so frustrating: new deck win 5 in a row and I don't know what I'm doing really; take a break then go 2-6 when I understand the deck a bit more.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having loads of fun with Zalae's elemental shaman, it's extremely versatile and can go against any deck, it also can do some incredible and wacky plays without losing it's completitiveness, I'm in love with this deck.
What's the list looking like?

Also, does anyone have experience with togwaggle druid? I use to dabble in it before druid got hit with a million nerfs and it wasn't too difficult to play, but now it seems to require actual strategy in the mulligan and how to use your resources.

... Man I want to go back to playing Priest and Warlock lol.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's the list looking like?

Also, does anyone have experience with togwaggle druid? I use to dabble in it before druid got hit with a million nerfs and it wasn't too difficult to play, but now it seems to require actual strategy in the mulligan and how to use your resources.

... Man I want to go back to playing Priest and Warlock lol.

This is the video:

https://youtu.be/7ZMzeomoCss

Its very versatile and I've been having loads of fun with it. Kind of a first in a couple of months, it was pretty tough to find an enjoyable deck for me since the nerfs to shudder.

EDIT: not sure if the video makes it clear enough, but against almost any deck hagatha becomes the MVP because of the huge value it provides, I think i don't keep it against odd pally just because i need an inmediate answer to that deck's threats.

Much appreciated. If I get to rank 10 this month, I'll buy you the preorder for the next expansion. (My highest rank ever is 13.)

This game is so frustrating: new deck win 5 in a row and I don't know what I'm doing really; take a break then go 2-6 when I understand the deck a bit more.
If you need help i could spectate some of your games, there are some really obscure rule of thumb in this game on certain decks, for example, it is false you don't trade on this deck, you do when the opponents board threatens to either clear your board, can clear a ver important minion or when you face another aggro deck.

Versus other aggro decks is actually the opposite, you don't hit face, you control the opponents side as much while trying to develop you own board, mostly because the side that gets on top on the board will alway win in the end.

I have played that deck for a long time (one of my faves) so may be i can help you (Wiibomb#1871 on NA)

Oct 25, 2017
Ah the Zalae deck is similar to the dogshit I've been playing except I don't have Shudderwock, so I use Electra and whatever spell I fancy at the moment.

Oct 25, 2017
well except this deck only runs 2 spells, earthen might and hex, electra doesn't work here, it's quite different with those changes
Yeah I'm sure it plays out much differently but I'm not gonna craft Shudderwock until the expansion drops and I'm sure I get everything I want for Hunter and Druid first. I've got over 10k dust, so I should be good.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
With regards to SCRY* rumoured as the new keyword. Could the new mechanic be what we saw in the tavern brawl with the special cards?
That thing where you put a card at the top of your deck so it then becomes what you draw on your next turn.

* From the beginning of the monologue in the teaser video.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
With regards to SCRY rumoured as the new keyword. Could the new mechanic be what we saw in the tavern brawl with the special cards?
That thing where you put a card at the top of your deck so it then becomes what you draw on your next turn.
Could be, they tested interactions for expansions in TB's before I believe. Scry could be very strong in Hearthstone (maybe even redundant? There's only 30 cards), but obviously would first need to see it and cards. Could be fun, could be OP, could be bad. Hard to tell :P

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking they would need to differentiate it from discover, but I forgot UNG is leaving standard so we're losing plenty of those cards.

EDIT:
I got the thought from here. I read that and remembered we've seen that before and it was well received.

Last edited:

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Deathstalker Rexxar really is such an unfun card to play against in control matchups. Can't wait for it to go next month.

On a more positive note, I've been playing a ton of Rush Warrior this week and having a lot of fun with it :) good success too, one star away from Rank 9 after starting at 19 this month!

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I have played that deck for a long time (one of my faves) so may be i can help you (Wiibomb#1871 on NA)

Thanks, and I think you are already on my friend's list. I need more Resetera friends...
Deathstalker Rexxar really is such an unfun card to play against in control matchups. Can't wait for it to go next month.

On a more positive note, I've been playing a ton of Rush Warrior this week and having a lot of fun with it :) good success too, one star away from Rank 9 after starting at 19 this month!
That's the kinda swing I'm looking for, but I keep getting slammed at Rank 13. That rank seems to be the next ceiling for me.

Also, Scry could be awesome. And I am down for Old Gods return as I missed that set... I am in love with The Weird.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: oops, wrong comment.

Bardo, what's your blizzard account details?
I'm not sure I have you as a friend.

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of deck are you using?

I had the play 30 warlock card quest so I played warlock, shocked I made it to 8 wins lol

It had.....

2x Mortal coil
2x giggling inventor
2x stormwind champ
2x frostwolf
2x hellfire
2x bonemare
2x defile
2x hooked reaver
Ysera
Lich King
Jaraxxus
2x fungalmancer
void contract
2x void lord
Alex
2x doomguard
2x despicable dreadlord
Skull of the Ma'Nari
Bloodreaver Guldan

In hindsight Guldan, Skull and void contract were useless, I just threw a deck together since I usually do horrible at brawliseum

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm angry that this is a brawleseum and not a normal tavern brawl, it could have been a lot better to just play it without that stupid gold requirement.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I went 9-2 then disconnected after my first turn some reason. Too bad since I probably would've won since my opener was Grand Archivist pulling UI, which gave me a bunch of good cards and Tog and Azalina. I was thinking I'd just play out the hand and then Tog, Keleseth, Azalina ASAP but my connection had different plans. I never get why when you disconnect on mobile it just sits there so I think the opponent disconnected until I close the app and reopen to find out I lost.

I'm tempted to try a more control style but I don't know if that's feasible. You can kill very quick.

Oct 25, 2017
I disconnected right after winning a match by using 2 of the deal 5 damage to all characters except Yesra card, I played the 2nd one for lethal and then everything froze, I was about to get very mad but when I logged back on I had the win

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just played an odd paladin in this brawl. Imagine how boring of a person you must be to play that deck over a year and then playing it in a brawl like this. Holy shit.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. Weird that we didn't get a teaser today. I suppose the full announcement is tomorrow, then?

well i really hope because I don't want them tomorrow ignoring half of the questions from the AMA

I just played an odd paladin in this brawl. Imagine how boring of a person you must be to play that deck over a year and then playing it in a brawl like this. Holy shit.

well at first I thought it was a normal brawliseum, I realized later it was a miniature one.

and since odd pally is well fit to make into a normal brawliseum it seems like the person didn't read lol.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely throw a few silences in your brawl decks because hyena has the potential to get absolutely stupid in this brawl.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Back up to Rank 13, which is the best rank I've ever hit, playing Secret Odd Mage/Zoolock/Tempo (Pirate?) Rogue. I don't know what deck is the best, though. Mage is really fun to play...

And with so many days left in the month, I think I might be able to hit 10.

Sep 14, 2018
Im gonna keep tabs on this expansion/rotation just out of curiosity, I used to think HS design space was really limited by how simple everything needed to be, but then they came up with quests and hero cards both of which I loved initially then sort of disliked. I think HS lost me mostly because of (other than ridiculous stubborness when it came to balancing) all the infinite value stuff, starting with Jade Idol, it just trivializes resource management a little too much.

Anyway I hope rotation breathes some life into the game for me, as long as Miracle works I can always come back.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Fucking hell I forgot about the damn 5 gold thing for arena/events like this. How the fuck has it been almost half-a-decade and they still haven't fixed this simple fucking thing!?

Status
Not open for further replies.