• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whizzbang is currently bugged and is letting you play with the new decks.

5oBewky.jpg
Lol.

Apparently already fixed.

Last edited:

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing around with it for a bit and it seems like the new Shaman deck is still in the rotation, but all the other decks are the old ones.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I just entered a conquest format tournament.....
submitting 3 decks I've never played before. ayyyyyyy.
I just hope I don't have to play APXVoid, pretty sure he'll show me how murloc mage is really played :P.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The weird thing is when he moves to Wild. They need to do something, or he will be VERY underpowered there

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing is when he moves to Wild. They need to do something, or he will be VERY underpowered there

well, many cards go to wild and get forgotten, only being in the closed standard environment makes some of them playable.

But I do wish they add Whiz to the standard pool. I think it's a very worthy card to get to play forever.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, Whizzbang is nice to give you a little taste of constructed but most of the decks are either really bad or not fun to play. I used to play constructed, but gave my account to a friend and on my current account I only play arena and Whizzbang and I won't be sad when he rotates out. At the beginning of the current expansion I played Whizzbang decks for maybe a week and got to rank 15 before I got bored with it.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone going to be jumping ship over to Artifact?

I've pre-ordered the next expansion packs, and if it continues down the same old hearthstone path, I'm thinking about making the shift.

Bit late here. but I pretty much already jumped ship to Eternal as my to go F2P card game. (That Twitch promotion sure helped quite a bit here), but with Artifact I have no time left for HS even as a side thing.

Hearthstone biggest enemy at this point still is Blizzard of course. It's probably the game you feel the "cost cutting" the most at this point and with the cancellation of the tournament mode, Blizzard has managed to accomplish absolutely nothing this year with the game and they have nothing in store for the near future either as far as I can tell.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22649422

Esports changes (new format - not yet revealed but conquest is RIP)

Interesting. I always groan a bit whenever people say how cheap a competitive deck is in HS, considering actual competive HS is played with at least 3 decks. There has always been this weird disconnect here.

Which again was born out of necessity, so no idea what they are going to do here. It's most likely going to be a disaster, but maybe, just maybe this alludes to a big change/evolution that the game imo needs.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The Rogue Quest card, Crystal Core, now applies to minions in your deck, rather than applying after they are drawn.

If I read that right, then Sonya copies don't count. Fire Fly minions don't count either.
I don't think that is what they mean. That would require a change to the card text. The patch note is just vague.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Rogue Quest card, Crystal Core, now applies to minions in your deck, rather than applying after they are drawn.

If I read that right, then Sonya copies don't count. Fire Fly minions don't count either.
You're reading it wrong. It just affects stuff like priest stealing the cards from your deck. Those are now 4/4s.

If you were right then you'd be right to be outraged.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

no that's not what they meant, the are referring to Crystal Core, the Reward.

Before this change the minions would get the 4/4 modifier after the were drawn from the deck, now instead the modifier applies to all minions when they are inside the deck.

For example a Thought Steal instead of getting a 1/1 novice engineer will get a 4/4 one.

Oct 25, 2017
Whizbang joining standard to replace a hall of famed legendary would be one of the nicest things Blizzard could do. I think I checked last expansion and couldn't craft A SINGLE ONE of the recipes despite always preordering and opening a ton of packs. Whizbang meant I got shiny gold animated cards AND got to try all the decks that would otherwise be impossible for me.

I hardly ever play Hearthstone due to time and lack of interest, so Whizbang has tremendous value in letting me just play around with stuff. Otherwise there's a decent chance I drop the game entirely.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The shirvalkah deck recipe looks fun. Lynessa as a silence protector for your prelates.

Might have to craft lynessa.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
The shirvalkah deck recipe looks fun. Lynessa as a silence protector for your prelates.

Might have to craft lynessa.

I crafted her a set or two ago for Quest Paladin. I liked her art and intro line, but Paladin is my second least played class.
Turns out, I really liked Quest Pally and playing Lynessa is a lot of fun. I had zero regrets!

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I finally bothered to collect 10,000 Gold between expansions (but I really think Blizzard gave out a lot extra this time)

Y3BuwxV.png

I dont want to play anymore now, I like round numbers!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I missed it before. this little guy seems too good.

636791255275034865.png

Perhaps the return of questing adventurer?

I'm not sure but I'd be shocked if this is not played in some deck. Quest mage, miracle, flamewaker in wild, the new shaman legendary, etc. It has endless synergies with a lot of cards. Bananas are not a joke and this guy gives you two of them for a reasonable cost. This text was on a 6 drop legendary before. why is it not a beast btw?

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
My Android app won't connect following the update. Just hangs on the Hearthstone title screen. Sigh.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I should probably decide if I should preorder or not. I dunno the new expansion looks really cool. On the other hand, I don't play as much as I used to and this might be a way to just say I'm done once and for all.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I missed it before. this little guy seems too good.

636791255275034865.png

Perhaps the return of questing adventurer?

I'm not sure but I'd be shocked if this is not played in some deck. Quest mage, miracle, flamewaker in wild, the new shaman legendary, etc. It has endless synergies with a lot of cards. Bananas are not a joke and this guy gives you two of them for a reasonable cost. This text was on a 6 drop legendary before. why is it not a beast btw?
Yeah this card is playable in anything that is trying to cycle. I think we will definitely see it in the ladder in some Priest and Rogue decks. I sincerely hope we do not see Quest Mage come back in force.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I should probably decide if I should preorder or not. I dunno the new expansion looks really cool. On the other hand, I don't play as much as I used to and this might be a way to just say I'm done once and for all.

You make the switch to another game or just busy in real life?

edit: I guess I'm on the fence as well. I played quite a bit of HS in the first month or so, but then took a break to check out Gwent: Homecoming, Thronebreaker, and play some PS4. I've spent about $50 in Artifact so far, but kind of balking at another $70 for HS. I think I just want the big meta shift next April, and if my Friends List (or even our Discord) is anything to go by, so do a fair number of other players as well.

I don't mind paying if I'm playing, but if I'm not playing then...

Last edited:

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
You make the switch to another game or just busy in real life?

edit: I guess I'm on the fence as well. I played quite a bit of HS in the first month or so, but then took a break to check out Gwent: Homecoming, Thronebreaker, and play some PS4. I've spent about $50 in Artifact so far, but kind of balking at another $70 for HS. I think I just want the big meta shift next April, and if my Friends List (or even our Discord) is anything to go by, so do a fair number of other players as well.

I don't mind paying if I'm playing, but if I'm not playing then...

Just busy in real life lately. I really wanted to check out Thronebreaker as well but I couldn't justify it with the workload. Luckily break is in a couple of weeks so maybe then I'll be more free.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I opened my packs preorder packs too. Just applied for a private Fireside Gathering at my home, and 1 hour later was able to open. I also played against myself on another device with the deck recipes, but got bored - but got a cool card back.

No Nemsey though - i guess I need a more professional fireside for that

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
30 seconds on firesidegatherings.com and you can open your packs now. Just put in your address, set the gathering to private and you're good to go.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I usually wait until the Saturday after launch because of work, and because I buy a 60 pack bundle.

Opening early is a great idea to promote the preorder bundles.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I usually wait until the Saturday after launch because of work, and because I buy a 60 pack bundle.

Opening early is a great idea to promote the preorder bundles.

I do the same, love to record the opening and take my time to open them. This time i think ill open them soon after tuestday because ill.be busy all weekend (the holday season is a busy for me).

I'll open about 180 packs. Hopefully enough to get all the cards i need.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Besides golden Wardruid Loti also got Mojomaster Zihi and Da Undatakah, I'm happy with three legendaries from 50 packs. Playing the fireside tavern brawl I've got to say discard-lock is a force to be reckoned with this expansion, god damn.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What decks y'all looking forward to?

I hope discard warlock is fun but not too good. Need to craft a lot of cards for that one though, don't have the quest or soularium. They added value which was an arguable need in the archetype, but also controlled discard which

Buff paladin is a strange one. I have trouble seeing prelate work because of silences and how slow it is. But there's just so much to silence in the deck. If you run quest, your opponent will want to silence your prelates, lynessa, whatever you put spikeridged on, galvadon etc. So maybe silence isn't the biggest threat to a prelate win condition. It will be an interesting problem to figure out how high to stack a prelate. But even if you stack a prelate high and it gets silenced, you still get lynessa value.

I want to make Thekal work in a deck too but I still can't see a win condition for a heal paladin.

I've been down on Hunter lately. But spell Hunter with the new hero could be fun. I just hate facing Deathstalker Rexxar so damn often.

Shaman frog legendary with unstable evolution should be a hell of a good time and get crushed by all aggro.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna throw mass hysteria into the cloning priest and hit go.

The only way I lose with that deck is that I get rolled by zoo and similar and never even get to scream. Now you have a turn 5 probably board wipe. Seems good enough to make it a very strong deck. No late game deck can beat it, quest rogue doesn't beat it, druid depends on how fast they ramp but still I think it's priest favored. Just hunter, zoo and similar beat it. Odd paladin isn't good enough against it either. It's a legit deck right now.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
to be honest the one I most want to play is discardlock, not only I have every single card that has to do with it, but also I always wanted that archetype to work. I have faith in the new cards.

apart from that anything with shirvallah seems fun. I also have hopes that people find ways to use talanji

Status
Not open for further replies.