• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna throw mass hysteria into the cloning priest and hit go.

The only way I lose with that deck is that I get rolled by zoo and similar and never even get to scream. Now you have a turn 5 probably board wipe. Seems good enough to make it a very strong deck. No late game deck can beat it, quest rogue doesn't beat it, druid depends on how fast they ramp but still I think it's priest favored. Just hunter, zoo and similar beat it. Odd paladin isn't good enough against it either. It's a legit deck right now.

I haven't really enjoyed playing that deck because it feels so so bad to draw all your big guys. I hate that. Makes it feel high rolly.

Also seems hard to pilot since its winrate it's actually fairly low.

Xanathus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna throw mass hysteria into the cloning priest and hit go.

The only way I lose with that deck is that I get rolled by zoo and similar and never even get to scream. Now you have a turn 5 probably board wipe. Seems good enough to make it a very strong deck. No late game deck can beat it, quest rogue doesn't beat it, druid depends on how fast they ramp but still I think it's priest favored. Just hunter, zoo and similar beat it. Odd paladin isn't good enough against it either. It's a legit deck right now.
Yeah agree, the only real weakness from that deck is aggro if it is played perfectly and Hysteria probably solves that. Still I don't expect it to be popular on ladder because of how expensive and complicated to play.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, so how does this fireside gathering thing work? I put in my address, set it to private and everything looks like it's been approved, but I can't open my packs and there's no indication I'm at a fireside gathering when I log into the game.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
The last expansion before rotation causes me to be so anxiously indecisive. Have pre-order nearly all HS expansions yet my head has a hard time justifying the cost for the last one since it'll be out of Standard come April(-ish?). Maybe I am just a crazy person and should not make such a big fuss over fifty dollars. The struggle... continues

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Gonk one actually seems like a problem, and I think it could be exploited with some mix of

Dreampetal-Florist.png
flobbidinous-floop.png
gloop-sprayer.png
pounce-card-art.png

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to find or join my own fireside gathering. Its all approved on the site and everything. Sigh.

Oct 25, 2017
The last expansion before rotation causes me to be so anxiously indecisive. Have pre-order nearly all HS expansions yet my head has a hard time justifying the cost for the last one since it'll be out of Standard come April(-ish?). Maybe I am just a crazy person and should not make such a big fuss over fifty dollars. The struggle... continues
???
It'll be around until April 2020

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The final expansion of each year definitely has less time in standard than the others. I wonder if it would have been better for the oldest expansion to rotate out each time a new one comes out. It definitely makes each of them an equal value proposition in terms of how long they stay in standard.

Oct 25, 2017
The final expansion of each year definitely has less time in standard than the others. I wonder if it would have been better for the oldest expansion to rotate out each time a new one comes out. It definitely makes each of them an equal value proposition in terms of how long they stay in standard.
Yeah others have mentioned that and it sounds like a great idea.
Each expansion should get a year and then be gone.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh! Thank you for the clarification, I get confused by the rotation schedule and thought this expansion would only last until April 2019. Your reply has greatly lessened my anxiety about picking up this expansion :)

Only the expasions from 2017 will rotate next year.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, so how does this fireside gathering thing work? I put in my address, set it to private and everything looks like it's been approved, but I can't open my packs and there's no indication I'm at a fireside gathering when I log into the game.

I can't seem to find or join my own fireside gathering. Its all approved on the site and everything. Sigh.

Try launching Hearthstone on your phone with GPS enabled for Hearthstone, it worked for me. It will pop up with a message saying Welcome Innkeeper, then ask what Wifi network you would like to use for the gathering so you need to be connected to your wifi. After that I was able to open my packs. Also make sure you selected an eight hour window for right now, the website doesn't default the date to today.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Make sure you set the right date for your Fireside. It auto lists the date as a week ahead. You can edit you Fireside date though - so an easy fix

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still interested in how consistent mass hysteria will be. Seems pretty consistent so far.

i think it has to be consistent. Team 5 knows that priests identity needs an AoE as well as a good one to try to compensate for their terrible basic and classic cards (they acknowledge this) so they print good AoEs for it every year to keep something useful in rotation. 2016 was dragonfire potion, 2017 was psychic scream and now 2018 it is mass hysteria. Some are better than the others, but overall they must be on high efficacy to keep priests relevant.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Princess Talanji
War Master Voone
Gonk, the Raptor
Captain Hooktusk
Shirvallah, the Tiger

got those in my pre-order packs. gonna get another 40 with money and 50 with gold on Tuesday, hoping to get more goodies.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Try launching Hearthstone on your phone with GPS enabled for Hearthstone, it worked for me. It will pop up with a message saying Welcome Innkeeper, then ask what Wifi network you would like to use for the gathering so you need to be connected to your wifi. After that I was able to open my packs. Also make sure you selected an eight hour window for right now, the website doesn't default the date to today.

Make sure you set the right date for your Fireside. It auto lists the date as a week ahead. You can edit you Fireside date though - so an easy fix

Thank you...you both helped me. My main problem was the date. For some reason it showed the date for dec 6 for me. Fixed it and opened up 17 packs - one legendary so far - hireek the bat. I have 5000 gold saved so I'll use that tomorrow.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you...you both helped me. My main problem was the date. For some reason it showed the date for dec 6 for me. Fixed it and opened up 17 packs - one legendary so far - hireek the bat. I have 5000 gold saved so I'll use that tomorrow.

Preorder only packs until release. No buying packs with gold and no crafting cards.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Quick heads up folks. I don't plan on doing a new OT for the expansion for various reasons. I think we'll survive without one, but if anyone wants to take over the reigns feel free. Might try and do something bigger for the rotation next year since that will actually shake up the meta.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Quick heads up folks. I don't plan on doing a new OT for the expansion for various reasons. I think we'll survive without one, but if anyone wants to take over the reigns feel free. Might try and do something bigger for the rotation next year since that will actually shake up the meta.

Any chance we could get a mod to just rename this thread to a general Hearthstone OT?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else find it odd that Priest was the only one that didn't get a beast Loa?

it makes sense based on the WoW lore since they wanted to include talanji in the set. Apparetnly this set is closely tied to the lore of WoW, even more so than past sets, Bownsamdi is closely related to talanji lorewise, and because of the relation it makes sense that the loa would be him and not a beast. Its breaks the convention for thematic reasons, mostly

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
it makes sense based on the WoW lore since they wanted to include talanji in the set. Apparetnly this set is closely tied to the lore of WoW, even more so than past sets, Bownsamdi is closely related to talanji lorewise, and because of the relation it makes sense that the loa would be him and not a beast. Its breaks the convention for thematic reasons, mostly

Yeah that makes sense then. Not that it's a big deal anyway, beast synergy is pretty meaningless for Priest and if the card test was the same then Oondasta would make no difference either. I just thought it was odd/interesting.

Random side note, Bwonsamdi's intro dialogue is pretty awesome. Probably my favorite of all the legendary cards.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New set new set tomorrow tomorrow.

3 days of fun meta then back to the same old decks. But those 3 days should be fun!

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Edit: Phew, activity in the discord and this thread sure has slowed down. I wonder if this is indicative of the community as a whole. Has Blizzard released any numbers about how many people are playing? I imagine that Artifact is going to take some sales away this season. I've been playing HS on-and-off for about three years and it was a tough call about whether to pre-order or use that money on Artifact.

I hope HS can turn it around.

New set new set tomorrow tomorrow.

3 days of fun meta then back to the same old decks. But those 3 days should be fun!

To be honest, I'm thinking about just trying homebrew decks...at least for the first few weeks. I don't know if I'll have the willpower or not, but I'm going to read up on some deck-making guides and go from there.

Net decking and all is fine, but with it comes certain expectations like, "I'm using this top tier deck, I should be doing better." Over the years, playing the game feels like work at times. "Gotta do this quest." "Gotta reach rank 5." Might be nice to just enjoy the game and challenge yourself (myself) to deck build.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
so 'secret plan' goes from trash tier straight up to really good now, right? if masked contender turns out ok, it's really good, but with zuljin it will not only reperform your secret, it should give you a random one to the hand again for the discover, is that correct?

Last edited:

redmambaxiii

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The website says the preorder bundle is available, "On or before December 4th"

Does this mean before the patch or all day tomorrow?

Devanous

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bummed only 2 legendaries out of my 50 packs

got akli and zihi (which is trash)

I think this is my worst pack opening since I started way back in gadgetan

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
How are people already opening packs? Is it out in US? Anyone have any idea when it's up in Europe?

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Oh right I see. Thanks. Got excited for a sec there. Should've known better. Wish I knew when it actually goes live.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna pre-order but have a lot of dust saved up this time around. Set actually looks fun but can't justify it w/ artifact and arena out at the same time.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Pretty hyped for the next few days, always the most fun time to play Hearthstone. Hopefully the meta isn't as bad this time around but I expect it'll take a rotation to really help this game.

Regardless, really excited to try out some new Paladin stuff, and Shaman as always.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
I remember the activity of this threads a couple of years ago in launch day. Pre-ordered the 20 euross thing, thought blizzard may need the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.