• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Kalecgos is INSANE assuming there's a mage deck that gets there.
Must Kill
Does 2 things when it comes into play.
Big Body
can provide a flexible out. (lethal, board clear, etc)

I'm going to open Nomi :(

Last edited:

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As a Warlock, there is always a certain point in a match where your cards are relatively 'meh'. You don't need Mortal Coils on turn 13 or your card draw or some removal against a Control deck. Being able to transform your crap into some very strong cards could be very much worth it, especially in Warlock.
Ah you're correct. I forgot about warlock.
EDIT: I just realised it isn't even a neutral card lol. Sorry about that.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
but what if I have something like...

wait nevermind... I lieterally forgot warlocks are losing everything this rotarion, both void daddys and Bloodreaver.

I might find this very interesting in Zoo decks, at turn 8 zoo decks run out of steam, so what about changing plans? may be.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sort of value you get from rafaam is old school restrained value not new school insane value.

With mechathun still existing, most slow decks will probably still have a very real clock on them.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The sort of value you get from rafaam is old school restrained value not new school insane value.

With mechathun still existing, most slow decks will probably still have a very real clock on them.
Will there be a guaranteed Mechathun OTK combo after rotation? Only one I can think of is Warrior using Boomship and Shield Slam, but that requires 10 armor.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
They did that with boomsday. I thought it was a good deal. I think that time I got that and 2x 60 pack bundles because I never do my quests and I like having cards to play any deck I want.

Me, too. Going both options after sitting out Rumble.

Love Kalecgos, both in the art and the effect, but I somehow thought the effect would persist, I mean, kalecgos is so good there is just no way it will survive to next turn.
I misread that, as well. Card got a bit worse.

And I've got a Golden Shitty Legendary just waiting to craft the newest hotness.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Myra's is good for Nomi.
MAYBE a control shaman? take it into fatigue, generate value once, shudderwock and do it again.
Shaman needs healing for that, though.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered frost lich is rotating too, so kalecgos doesn't matter in a big spell mage deck if there are just no frost lich...

EDIT: this rotaion is insane, dragon's fury is out of the picture as well..

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
About time Hearthstone got it's annual refresh. I've been playing way more MTG lately, but this might budge me enough to drop money for at least the $50. I love darker expansion themes.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I reached Rank 12, but I have no desire to play ladder as I want to protect it... however, then I'm not progressing. How do you guys cope with losing streaks? falling back to Rank floors?

Oct 25, 2017
I reached Rank 12, but I have no desire to play ladder as I want to protect it... however, then I'm not progressing. How do you guys cope with losing streaks? falling back to Rank floors?
You just do it and realize that it's no big deal because you aren't losing anything of any actual value. Plus when you reset, it's always from your highest rank, so it doesn't matter how far you fall, you're still gonna reset at 16. Might at as well try to hit 11 so you can fall to 15.

I started this month at rank 6 and I'm at rank 9 right now because I've been fucking around with new decks since I've stopped playing Priest. It's a big bunch of whatever to me.

...I really should've gotten to 5 before testing new shit though lol.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The effect does persists? It literally says 'Your first spell each turn', or do you mean you thought all spells would be free?

Not sure what the confusion is here.

if he dies the effect doesn't work anymore, while if it had battlecry: Your first spell each turn... then it would be forever after playing it, that wold have been incredible, so yeah, the effect is nice but not that usable

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Twinspell is a good addition to the game if it becomes a keyword moving forward, but I can't help but feel it's somewhat boring, especially after echo.

Upgrade every turn is certainly interesting and quite control-oriented. Quite similar to spellstone.

Lackeys are variations on the spell parts, but I like their flavour.

Overall, even though I quite like the idea of having 3 expansions based on the same theme, what has been revealed so far has not been terribly exciting.

Oct 25, 2017
Twinspell is a good addition to the game if it becomes a keyword moving forward, but I can't help but feel it's somewhat boring, especially after echo.

Upgrade every turn is certainly interesting and quite control-oriented. Quite similar to spellstone.

Overall, even though I quite like the idea of having 3 expansions based on the same theme, what has been revealed so far has not been terribly exciting.
It's definitely not that exciting, but I'll take that over a bunch of broken shit that keeps the game in the state that it's currently in.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan

Twinspell kinda feels like an excuse to have Echo on cards that cost over 5. I know it's a bit more nuanced than that but that's my reasoning for it feeling a bit unexciting.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
You just do it and realize that it's no big deal because you aren't losing anything of any actual value. Plus when you reset, it's always from your highest rank, so it doesn't matter how far you fall, you're still gonna reset at 16. Might at as well try to hit 11 so you can fall to 15.

I started this month at rank 6 and I'm at rank 9 right now because I've been fucking around with new decks since I've stopped playing Priest. It's a big bunch of whatever to me.

...I really should've gotten to 5 before testing new shit though lol.
Is that highest rank thing true? as I fell back farther last month than my highest--it was from what I was at currently. I feel like if I can hit Rank 10 then I am really progressing, but it sucks to gain two stars, fall back three, constantly.

And I guess Scry isn't going to be a thing.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Between not playing in forever and the huge changes with the rotation it's really hard to say what's good or not.

Rafaam seems like it could be good and fun enough to throw into random decks even if it's never in the competitive meta. I'm looking forward to trying out that card.

The others look like they make for interesting in game decisions, but aren't exactly exciting.

Oct 25, 2017
Is that highest rank thing true? as I fell back farther last month than my highest--it was from what I was at currently. I feel like if I can hit Rank 10 then I am really progressing, but it sucks to gain two stars, fall back three, constantly.

Well I know I didn't finish at rank 2 last month. Almost certain I finished at 4 and started this month at 6.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

4 ranks always, you will fall 4 ranks each end of season, you can see the highest rank you have gotten each season by looking at the chest in the quest window.

you still have a lot to learn and also to have patience playing, I also suggest checking some pros playing the decks you like, because that's how I learned to play this game, learning from them what are the best decisions.

Zalae is particularly good right now, imo, both playing and explaining (and also he's really funny)

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
4 ranks always, you will fall 4 ranks each end of season, you can see the highest rank you have gotten each season by looking at the chest in the quest window.

you still have a lot to learn and also to have patience playing, I also suggest checking some pros playing the decks you like, because that's how I learned to play this game, learning from them what are the best decisions.

Zalae is particularly good right now, imo, both playing and explaining (and also he's really funny)
Been watching him, Bloodyface, Kibler, all the official stuff (college/pro), and some others.
And, yes, about the new to ladder part. Been taking it seriously for only two months.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Granted I find Zalae to be painful to watch, I will echo that he is an excellent player and explains his decision making very well.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching him, Bloodyface, Kibler, all the official stuff (college/pro), and some others.
And, yes, about the new to ladder part. Been taking it seriously for only two months.

kibler is amazing, I still think he is one of the best players in the game, and probably in all card games, he's just too smart, however he plays weird decks, I don't think he is that good to learn.
Granted I find Zalae to be painful to watch, I will echo that he is an excellent player and explains his decision making very well.

yeah that falls into each person's taste, I find him really nice to watch

Oct 25, 2017
Kibler on the other hand is right up my alley. Very smart player playing shitty decks lol.

Same reason I like Dog and wish Savjz would play again. Hopefully he comes back after rotation.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
kibler is amazing, I still think he is one of the best players in the game, and probably in all card games, he's just too smart, however he plays weird decks, I don't think he is that good to learn.

yeah that falls into each person's taste, I find him really nice to watch
I'm more about the cult of personality with Kibler: "Kibler was great!" I was watching Dog, but then he moved to auto-chess.

I am such a fan of Bloodyface, and his streams haven't gotten too big where he still answers the questions I ask him in chat. It's pretty cool. Oh, I like RegisKillbin, too.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I think Kelecgos is pretty good honestly. It has an immediate impact with a persistent effect that demands immediate removal. Considering the amount of crazy powerful cards that are rotating out I think it can find a spot in decks.

Oct 25, 2017
doing a free spell per turn is now a win button after turn 10? sure.
I'm sure someone would build it into some sort of bullshit ass deck. Pyro for free and then whatever other burn they decide to throw out that turn. Pyro, 2 fireballs, and 2 frostbolts is 28 damage. Plus we don't even know what spells they're printing.

I could see that getting out of hand if it was for the rest of the game.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling less excited about the card reveals. I might just be on the way out of this game which makes me a little sad. Hopefully rotation is what i need to get excited about the game again. Definitely not putting any more money in though.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure someone would build it into some sort of bullshit ass deck. Pyro for free and then whatever other burn they decide to throw out that turn. Pyro, 2 fireballs, and 2 frostbolts is 28 damage. Plus we don't even know what spells they're printing.

I could see that getting out of hand if it was for the rest of the game.

not even that.
Clear + Develop
Clear + Develop
Clear + Develop

every turn. get like 16 mana a turn for the rest of your game. LUL balanced.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So if each class has a hero/villain associated with it, so far we can assume...

Warrior: Dr Boom
Warlock: Arch-Villain Rafaam
Paladdin: Unknown (Hero)
Hunter: Unknown (Hero)
Shaman: Hagatha the Witch
Druid: Unknown (Hero)
Priest: Madam Lazul
Mage: Kalecgos (Or another Hero?)
Rogue: King Togwoggle

Wonder if they will print new Boom and Hagatha legendary cards considering they are already hero cards for Warrior and Shaman.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Kalecgos is for the pocket galaxy deck. L U L

as it is now, it's not very good but it's possible for it to be good with some other cards that can cheat, as always.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if each class has a hero/villain associated with it, so far we can assume...

Warrior: Dr Boom
Warlock: Arch-Villain Rafaam
Paladdin: Unknown (Hero)
Hunter: Unknown (Hero)
Shaman: Hagatha the Witch
Druid: Unknown (Hero)
Priest: Madam Lazul
Mage: Kalecgos (Or another Hero?)
Rogue: King Togwoggle

Wonder if they will print new Boom and Hagatha legendary cards considering they are already hero cards for Warrior and Shaman.
most ceratinly, we already saw rafaam and it was a legendary minion, these will most likely will.

I wonder if we will have a hero card, and if we do which one will be... may be lazul?

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually remembered i already have 5000 amazon coins from some random promotion so i guess those are useless to me for anything besides hearthstone so I'll probably preorder one more time. Oh well.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm feeling less excited about the card reveals. I might just be on the way out of this game which makes me a little sad. Hopefully rotation is what i need to get excited about the game again. Definitely not putting any more money in though.
Damn, my brother-in-the-glorious-and-mighty-hops.... you definitely helped me out a few times when I joined HS during Witchwood. Would be sad to see you go, but everything has its time. Don't fall into the sunk-cost fallacy. If you don't enjoy the game, dump it.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Expansion is releasing on the 9th of April, roughly 25 days from now.

Considering the shorter announcement to release period, it is possible we will start the cards reveal by Monday?

Haven't found any information on this matter.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Expansion is releasing on the 9th of April, roughly 25 days from now.

Considering the shorter announcement to release period, it is possible we will start the cards reveal by Monday?

Haven't found any information on this matter.

Yeah it's weird, no info on when cards will start being revealed further. As for Wiibomb, Peter Whalen confirmed on Twitter today that RoS has no hero card.

Status
Not open for further replies.