• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
kuu3cd05swm21.png

You discover two spells and it becomes a Battlecry. You can target the Battlecry as well.

Seems very slow.
The game plan for this feels super awkward. It's nearly useless against fast decks, and the effect doesn't feel like it'd be that useful against slower decks.

I don't want to completely write it off, but it'd need a pretty specific and hard to predict use case.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what aggro decks will be used after rotation.

A case can be made that the best card released over the last two years is Fire Fly. There's no replacement for that yet.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Hope I get the Swampqueen since it looks fun. Just need Shaman to get some decent control tools and it could be a really cool deck. Omega Mind and Hagatha's Scheme could be insane healing but that's very late game. I like playing Shaman but haven't really done so since Shudderwock nerfs. I tried a few aggro token decks that were fun but they just didn't have as much power as Myracle Rogue which was my go-to for climbing to rank 5.

They still haven't announced the release schedule, have they? I really enjoyed that from Boomsday, where they had a calendar with little teasers of each of the card arts.

EDIT: I was thinking Swampqueen would work well with Murmuring Elemental but that's rotating out. I'm not gonna recognize this game in April.

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just read this about the solo adventure of the new expansion:

"The first chapter of the solo adventure. (Remaining 4 wings available for gold or $20)"

Why are they charging for it?

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I just read this about the solo adventure of the new expansion:

"The first chapter of the solo adventure. (Remaining 4 wings available for gold or $20)"

Why are they charging for it?
They've said it'll be much more fleshed out than the last few free single players. It remains to be seen if they're correct since they haven't really shown off what it is but with the packs you receive for buying it, it works out to about $5 for just the content. I'll probably get it but to me it sounds similar to the free content, just with better tracking so you're incentivized better to play through multiple times and experience all the content. I never did that with Rumble. You also get Zayle which is supposed to be similar to Whizbang (but is supposedly 5 decks, so I assume each of the classes that represent the League of E.V.I.L.).

20NJS1QNU2JU1551306604231.jpg

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've said it'll be much more fleshed out than the last few free single players. It remains to be seen if they're correct since they haven't really shown off what it is but with the packs you receive for buying it, it works out to about $5 for just the content. I'll probably get it but to me it sounds similar to the free content, just with better tracking so you're incentivized better to play through multiple times and experience all the content. I never did that with Rumble. You also get Zayle which is supposed to be similar to Whizbang (but is supposedly 5 decks, so I assume each of the classes that represent the League of E.V.I.L.).

20NJS1QNU2JU1551306604231.jpg

So people like me who are saving gold for the expansion (but aren't buying any packs with money) should go for it instead of simply buying the packs?

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, they're taking ages with the reveals.
In past expansions, by now we would already have the initial stream with notable cards, the details of the single player content, and the calendar for the rest of the reveals.
They would do the calendar for about 2 weeks finishing with the 2nd fun stream, then 1 week off, then fireside pack opening event, then expansion hits.
They've been super slow and mysterious this time.

Oct 25, 2017
In past expansions, by now we would already have the initial stream with notable cards, the details of the single player content, and the calendar for the rest of the reveals.
They would do the calendar for about 2 weeks finishing with the 2nd fun stream, then 1 week off, then fireside pack opening event, then expansion hits.
In the past they had 2+ weeks straight with no reveals whatsoever, didn't they? That was the worst to me.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
So people like me who are saving gold for the expansion (but aren't buying any packs with money) should go for it instead of simply buying the packs?
If you just want new packs you should definitely just buy them directly with gold. It'll cost 2800 gold so you could get 28 packs vs. 15 with this content (plus one golden classic pack but that wouldn't offset the cost). I'm pretty sure you'll get 6 free packs just for logging in too BTW.

EDIT: They must be adding some Deathrattle triggers for Hunter otherwise that Legendary does not seem good. Play Dead and Terrorscale Stalker are rotating. Priest spell looks good though.

EDIT2: Just watched the actual reveals. Forgot about Fireworks Tech so that's something. Boomzooka would be alright too. Glad the Lazul video used Cabal Shadow Priest in it since that was my first though for obvious synergy.

Last edited:

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you just want new packs you should definitely just buy them directly with gold. It'll cost 2800 gold so you could get 28 packs vs. 15 with this content (plus one golden classic pack but that wouldn't offset the cost). I'm pretty sure you'll get 6 free packs just for logging in too BTW.

EDIT: They must be adding some Deathrattle triggers for Hunter otherwise that Legendary does not seem good. Play Dead and Terrorscale Stalker are rotating. Priest spell looks good though.

Thanks, yeah, 2800 is more expensive than I thought it would be.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
No, not really. There's usually a 2 week period between initial announcement and the beginning of card reveals (See Boomsday, announced July 10th and reveal stream on July 23rd). Or Rastakhan (November 2nd --> November 19th).

If anything, this reveal period will be much smaller as well as the gap between announcement and reveals.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that lazul's scheeme is a little bit too good, the closes we had was pint sized potion and that had a 3 attack fixed amount, this can go beyond and it costs 0 mana. That's a good card.

it will be very annoying to play against.

The hunter mech is bad, unless I'm not thinking of some nice combo to make that work

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not very good on its own though, and being a dead topdeck kills lots of cards that would otherwise be good. It will be a greedy inclusion into control priest decks and those are always annoying but will hopefully be pushed out for the most part by fast decks.

So yes, in a slow matchup scheme cabal will be ultra annoying. But priest has always been a bit annoying in such matchups.

And never count out a card in hearthstone that cheats out cards.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that lazul's scheeme is a little bit too good, the closes we had was pint sized potion and that had a 3 attack fixed amount, this can go beyond and it costs 0 mana. That's a good card.

it will be very annoying to play against.

The hunter mech is bad, unless I'm not thinking of some nice combo to make that work
Lazul's Scheme seems fair to me. You have to hold it in your hand for many turns to steal something big. The effect also lasts until your next turn, so if you steal a 8/8 that is reduced to a 0/8, your opponent gets to attack the 0/8 on their turn.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lazul's Scheme seems fair to me. You have to hold it in your hand for many turns to steal something big. The effect also lasts until your next turn, so if you steal a 8/8 that is reduced to a 0/8, your opponent gets to attack the 0/8 on their turn.

yeah may be it's not as huge I think it could be.

however, this seems like a very useful tool for the inner fire combo, so steal and kill the opponent right away, now there is no limit for the opponents minion to be 3 attack or below to work

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That Hunter legendary is pretty bad by itself, but when you combine it with the Boomsday Hunter cards, you start to see some potential.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
My guess is the second battlecry doesn't do anything, because the shudderwock wasn't "taught" anything to do with that battlecry.
The battlecry on the horror just says "Cast <spell1> and <spell2>" so I'm pretty sure it'll work with Shudderwock. You just won't be able to target any target-able spells similar to other targeted battlecries. You'll also get a 5 mana horror in hand with random spells so that could be nice. It is kinda weird how Hagatha text states teach though, guess it's just the simplest way to describe giving it a battlecry composed of 2 spells.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Reminds me of the brief time caballing a Yserra was a win condition, partly because Yserra was a win condition itself, which I think was right after one of the rotations.

Maybe the rotation will make value like that matter again. This is a great win condition for control because both cards are average v aggro. Usually control win condition cards are terrible v aggro, like Yserra is, or take up half your deck like apm priest.

Might be better win conditions though. I haven't really looked yet.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If anything, the Hunter Mech Legendary points towards probably seeing more Mech Hunter cards this expansion...

...Why did we get Dragon Hunter in Witchwood again? Just 2 dragons and nothing since. Hopefully since it's Year of the Dragon we may see some more dragons at least if they were trying to make Dragon Hunter a thing (Though how do you even make Emeriss playable...)

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
I think they could've gotten away with giving Oblivitron Magnetic. It's feel slow enough, but even slower if you don't have a Mech in hand. It's pretty much Voidcaller or Possessed Lack but for Hunter.

I wonder how the interaction would go if you had a hand full of Oblivitrons. Full board!

Oct 25, 2017
yeah may be it's not as huge I think it could be.

however, this seems like a very useful tool for the inner fire combo, so steal and kill the opponent right away, now there is no limit for the opponents minion to be 3 attack or below to work

Without Shadow Visions, I don't think inner fire bullshit will be nearly as prevalent. They'd have to actually draw both of their Divine Spirits.
Reminds me of the brief time caballing a Yserra was a win condition, partly because Yserra was a win condition itself, which I think was right after one of the rotations.

Maybe the rotation will make value like that matter again. This is a great win condition for control because both cards are average v aggro. Usually control win condition cards are terrible v aggro, like Yserra is, or take up half your deck like apm priest.

Might be better win conditions though. I haven't really looked yet.
Yeah I'm looking forward to cards like Ysera actually mattering again. It's funny that whenever that card comes down now, it's just a big shrug from me. So with everything toned way down, it will be nice to see some classics matter again.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Still enjoying Control Priest and feels like I'm getting better with it. Might be able to reach rank 3 or higher if I just keep playing, only a few stars from 3 now. Honestly doesn't feel that different from when I played during Witchwood though. That'd be the major downside for me.

Last edited:

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Reveal schedule is up on the website.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/expansions-adventures/rise-of-shadows/cards

One card tomorrow and then a 5 day gap so I assume Blizzard has something planned during that time period, a stream maybe?
Awesome. I was just mentioning how I missed having this all together with the little art teasers. I remembered it was fun seeing speculation during Boomsday over what the teasers could be referring to.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
If anyone wants any easy win in this week's brawl;

Shadowstep
Galvanizer
Pogo-Hopper
Iron Sensei

Completed my 3 Rogue wins quest in 3 games with it, they banned Pogo-Hopper every time.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
i want to see the 1st vs 2nd stats in this brawl because the difference feels STAGGERING.

ligthwarden
happy ghoul
fungal enchanter
voodoo doctor

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants any easy win in this week's brawl;

Shadowstep
Galvanizer
Pogo-Hopper
Iron Sensei

Completed my 3 Rogue wins quest in 3 games with it, they banned Pogo-Hopper every time.

Yeah this works. Even if they bad shadowstep, the constant iron sensei spam gets out of control real fast

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I like that Omega Devastator has the old Omega Defender art, and now the Mech tag. That was something people complained about with Omega Defender with the old art.

EDIT: Here's the new cards. Video is worthwhile for a look at the development of Lackeys too.

3895f0ca214f5d2358ab1d00bc619f80d0c9f43ac9fb68f88071fb8ae0f8646a.png
546bdcce337e158bfb1e1fc4a9a29f3d7d2daca9dcf6b6102d4a6395d42ac1d4.png
91c437d8ad4937bc17576af8dd4365b18cc3a7036149274c21c3db48e8e9b394.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scheme card seems wrong for zoo and weird for others. The lackey warrior card doesn't seem to justify a spot in a deck.

The Omega card seems pretty good especially off of boom hero power.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
love they used that omega defender old art, true.

Also, Rafaam's scheem is dumb, they still want to make imps matter.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The warrior cards are good, the 1 mana spell has some potential. The scheme is awkward and slow.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Yeah, Omega Devastator is really good.

The other two probably not so much.
Rafaam's Scheme looks super under powered. At least with the Tog and Hagatha one's you could imagine a scenario where they would be really powerful. Improved Morale looks interesting but I could only see it maybe fitting into Rush Warrior. I'm not sure what it would be worth cutting for though.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The lackeys are pretty good, so improve morale has potential. Devastator isn't good enough to put in your deck but getting it off a a discover will be great. It will also be a good arena card (like the other Omegas).

Status
Not open for further replies.