• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I guarantee that shit is gonna be obnoxious as fuck in wild. We'll have to see in standard since warlock currently sucks.
In wild, don't they have enough big threats as it is?

Not sure it's worth a second or third copy of something to make it worth the pain to set up, because it has to combo with something that kills it so it doesn't get silenced, and needs to wait for the right hand.

Could be very good for Renolock I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
In wild, don't they have enough big threats as it is?

Not sure it's worth a second or third copy of something to make it worth the pain to set up, because it has to combo with something that kills it so it doesn't get silenced, and needs to wait for the right hand.

Could be very good for Renolock I guess.
I haven't played wild that much since rotation, but last time I played there was just so much fucking greed that I have to assume people will play this. I mean it doesn't even have to hit shit like Nzoth or DK Guldan. I'm sure another Voidlord, Malganis, or even a Doomguard would be fine. I think most would just combo it with defile. But yeah, Renolock was my first thought.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I like District but damn are the spawns garbage. Thought with Gears 4 TC would learn you don't need to flip the spawns every 6 seconds.

Edit: Wrong thread obviously.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Garbage hearthstone that can't spawn minions every 6 seconds...

That's it, I'm quitting heartstonw until the spawn minions every 6 seconds

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
giphy.webp

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm talking to someone that's convinced the current decks that warrior has are the strongest decks that the class has ever had and that they'd probably dominate previous metas. I mean he's been playing since the end of 2017....so I'm thinking he just blocked the last year and a half out of his mind, otherwise I have no idea how he came to that conclusion.
New azure drake! Tempo and value wrapped up in a 5 mana 8 stat body.

And maybe i missed it from the last two expansions i barely played, but is "from another class" new? Thought it was always your opponents class for this type of thing.
They changed it not too long ago, that way rogue mirrors aren't so terrible.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not feeling that card, for 5 mana that's way too much with little stats and the pool has a lot of variance, I don't think it can work

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would probably have to replace ziliax right?

Would azure Drake be played much these days? So much more card draw now a days.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
^ u just gave me flashbacks to the couple months where star aligner druid destroyed absolutely everything in wild lol

maybe if there's some decent clone effects you could make a meme obelisk priest, you'd be getting 15 damage minimum which, granted is pretty strong, of course its just going to hit 3 silver hand recruits but if i pull them i could go for some hype....just why do they always make these cards epics tho, never going to spend 800 dust on a joke deck and it feels bad to pull em

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Interesting card. Probably no level of consistency with it but that damage would add up quick. Maybe a new form of resurrect Priest that also runs Divine Spirit + Inner Fire.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
A wild rogue 1/1 copies + prep/vanish deck is the only way i see it OTKing anyone.

Typical druid and mage combo decks have problems with board space and board clears, and I don't think anyone else has the tools to both copy and mana cheat minions.

You don't OTK and make a deck for these, you'll just cry after the thing you spend all game building toward goes away in one board clear.

Edit: Actually, resurrect priest might be winnable with this, even if not as OTK. I could see it getting annoying to deal with turn after turn.

And by winnable, I mean winning 1 out of 10 against random meta decks played by decent players.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those saying this may be used in an OTK, are we sure about that? It says "if you control 3", not "if you control *at least* 3". So, to me, it reads like you'd only ever get 15 random damage, and only if you have exactly 3. (Barring end of turn doublers, I suppose.)

Star Aligner is similarly worded and doesn't care if you have more than 3.

I do know a handful of streamers that will try very hard to make this work though.

It being any enemy makes it even worse though.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For those saying this may be used in an OTK, are we sure about that? It says "if you control 3", not "if you control *at least* 3". So, to me, it reads like you'd only ever get 15 random damage, and only if you have exactly 3. (Barring end of turn doublers, I suppose.)
that's just the wording they use, they trigger with 3, if there are more, the condition is met, some similar wording happened with Jan'alai and we even had a topic about that months ago, it's "at least" always.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
If you control more than 3 do you control 3? (The answer is yes)
also, wow these have been some trash cards. I sure hope monday saves us from mediocrity and provides something worth running in a deck.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'd be pretty surprised if Bazaar Mugger wasn't run in any competitive deck. I guess maybe if the random minion is often bad, like a Desert Obelisk.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be pretty surprised if Bazaar Mugger wasn't run in any competitive deck. I guess maybe if the random minion is often bad, like a Desert Obelisk.
Oh yeah, it's definitely going to see play. It's basically an Underbelly Fence glued to a Blink Fox in a single card that can activate your thief synergies. It's a super solid card.

This expansion is looking pretty rough right now. I thinks we are going to see some nerfs shortly after launch. Personally I want Conjurer's gone, maybe remove the Murloc tag from Underbelly Angler and give it a flavor change. Turn it into a mech and give it some art of Murlocs being thrown into a grinder while spitting new ones out. I would like to see Omega Devastator lose it's tag too.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hunter weapon?

BTW riftcleaver is a really good card, warlock just need healing and it could have a very nice control deck in it's hands

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that's a good card, hunter has 3 weapons currently I believe, the headhunter's hatchet, eaglehorn bow and gladiator's longbow

all of them could have some use as a free draw card,

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
exactly what I tought yeah, there are 2 lackey generators for warlock right now and 1 of them require a minion sacrifice, it's not as easy as it looks
The zoo meta deck pretty consistently has lackeys in hand on turn 3. 4 mana 3/3 and 5/5 still seems pretty strong.

3 mana draw 3 also seems pretty strong.

Not sure about killing a card for the health cost. Situationally strong.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
7dg6kdc8ovb31.jpg
9yfq5bxxovb31.png

Holy shit at Tip the Scales. Murloc Paladin back on the menu? If not in Standard, this is gross for Wild. Summon a full board, then bring them back later with Anyfin Can Happen.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not feeling tip the scales, it comes too late in the game and murloc decks are usually aggro fast decks, by turn 8 you either win or die, this doesn't accomplish that and instead tries to make a comeback board, but already at that point the board is lost

Status
Not open for further replies.