• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Oh, I guess Jun'alai is at least 8 damage with your hero power. I was skipping the hero power so much thinking it was exactly 8, until one time I felt I had to hero power over the limit.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Got Jan'alai for free and a few others in packs (Jeklik, Oondasta, and the Frog Loa). Odd Mage seems good but not sure about the rest so far.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hearthstone_Screenshot_12-04-18_23.39.04.png

sand drudge is not a fair card if your opponent cant remove it.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
zuljin is not crap at all a third of my deckslots are hunters atm. secrets, even quest is easy to complete now, with rexar it's a huge bump to control hunter

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
here's my current barnes/ysaarj wild decklist, in a game beating jade druid, despite having drawn into ysaarj, deck 2 stronk regardless. zul'jin was the nail in the coffin with the way my deck is set up. i should add a second deadly shot though, i'd put it in for rhokdelar but i like teh spicy meme games
https://hsreplay.net/replay/KsSwG7uK64qSjK9Pvq3KNf

### SonicXtreme's Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Secret Plan
# 2x (1) Candleshot
# 2x (2) Wandering Monster
# 1x (2) Snipe
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 1x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Cat Trick
# 1x (2) Bear Trap
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (5) Lesser Emerald Spellstone
# 2x (6) To My Side!
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (7) Rhok'delar
# 1x (7) Crushing Walls
# 1x (10) Zul'jin
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAEBAR8KhwSuBsUI0RSoqwKFuALp0gKG0wLy6gKbhQMKyQSXCNQR+LEC39IC49IC4eMC6uMCh/sCpIgDAA==
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/replay/KsSwG7uK64qSjK9Pvq3KNf

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Urge to craft discard lock rising. Every time I get that deck through Whizzbang it just destroys.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the legendary drop rates? I haven't played in a while and just logged in to open my 6 free packs. Out of those 6 packs I got THREE legendaries. Not counting the free legendary it gave me for logging in. So that's FOUR legendaries the game just gave me for logging in. Is this... normal?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to jump back in after being away for a couple months, and decided to start with Arena. Had some pretty bad runs getting back into the swing of things (3-4 win runs), but got an 8 win run with Priest and currently 5-0 with Warrior. I heard Warrior was the top class last meta and it definitely seems to still be the case unless I was really lucky. 3 Omega Assembly's means I can usually win the late game or fatigue them in a game of attrition.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tried out Dragon warrior yesterday with a list pretty similar to the deck recipe, pretty fun.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
3 Legendaries out of 16 packs. Ten bought with whatever I had left over in gold. Not bad.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
This was a gold only expansion for me. Can't reward Blizz for bad pre-order bundles.

6k gold plus my free packs:

1. Gold Undertaker.
2. Gold Hex Lord.
3. Gonk (first 10)
4. Jan'Alai
5. Krag'wa (free loa.)
6. Akili

I'm happy with this haul. Already had the parts to make Odd Mage so now I'm riding the meta wave, baby.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Four legendaries out of 96 packs. Fuck this shit.
130 packs, 5 legendaries.

I concur, fuck this shit.

TBF, Jan'alai was my freebie and my first 10 Leg was Zul'jin. So I got 2/3 of the legendaries I wanted. But the lack of anything else is disappointing. Got Gonk as well, so I guess there's that.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never actually felt satisfied after opening a lot of packs. Even when I've opened up a good amount of legendaries.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Artifact had me in a good mood and I ended up preordering after all.

Managed to pull a total of 2 legendaries out of the preoder and the 6 free packs and of course not even enough dust to craft a third one.

So I'm gonna take the L and make the overreaction to just uninstall that Blizzard App completely to never make such a mistake again.

I apologize for this pointless rant/post.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've been having a pretty swell time in Arena overall. I usually hover around 10K gold I persistently save for a rainy day, and have just been playing Arena until I'm potentially am close to going under. Actually managed to draft a Keleseth Priest deck by getting offered Keleseth early and avoiding all 2-drops. Also took a Witchwood Piper over a better 4-drop to guarantee I draw Keleseth if I draw her before Keleseth. I have no idea how this'll go, but it'll be a fun time regardless.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I apologize for this pointless rant/post.

Not really pointless. You dropped $50 on packs and feel like you got shafted. Hopefully Blizzard will feel an impact from these decisions over time and make amends. It really seems like spending money is one of the worst ways to get value from this game these days. There are so many ways to get free packs, but you have to grind out the game over time.

I would also add that folks complaining about Legendary hauls are actually missing an even worse problem. People are really getting screwed by Epic drop rates.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
Not really pointless. You dropped $50 on packs and feel like you got shafted. Hopefully Blizzard will feel an impact from these decisions over time and make amends. It really seems like spending money is one of the worst ways to get value from this game these days. There are so many ways to get free packs, but you have to grind out the game over time.

I would also add that folks complaining about Legendary hauls are actually missing an even worse problem. People are really getting screwed by Epic drop rates.
Yep. These are really only 3-5 good legendaries. Epics are more important.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Thisj played quest lock for a while(7~ games) seems like it is still trash, the portal occupying a space on the board is just dumb.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
ended up getting 3 legendaries in 21 or so packs. Luckier than usual, golden gruul couple weeks ago too so I was well set not to drop cash on the set.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017

That has to be on purpose. Blizzard knows epics are the backbone of meta decks. They placate the masses with free legendaries but the real time sink is getting the proper epics.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I think the annoying thing is that with legendaries and epics, you know that 80% are meme pack filler so everyone just wants those few that are expected to be useful. I know it's early so there's not a ton of value in assuming what'll be good but a lot of the time you can tell when an epic will never see play.

Artifact has the same problem of tons of rares being useless so every pack where you get those, it just feels bad.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, arena feels like EZ mode right now. I'm chewing through people with a pre Rastakhan deck. Admittedly it is a pretty bonkers mage deck, but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, arena feels like EZ mode right now. I'm chewing through people with a pre Rastakhan deck. Admittedly it is a pretty bonkers mage deck, but still.

I went to play arena last night, remembered I still have a pretty aggressive rogue list. Still doing work. 3 assassination blades with shinyfinders heheh.

I almost wish they retired it and gave me a free new draft, just so I could draft in the new set.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
How do you get the free card from the new expension? Never really played the game btw, started last week and i just did the tutorials

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Haven't played this game in weeks. I opened my free packs and got three legendaries, one of which was gold. lol Somebody wants be back, badly...

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Toast keeps trying to make a worse version of apm priest work. It's funny because he was bad at APM priest to begin with.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I turned on 60fps mode on the android app via editing the app script and can't look back. It destroys even my new Note 9's mighty battery, but I simply can't play anymore at whatever abysmal framerate the mobile app normally runs at.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
That said, Seance and Mass Hysteria work wonders in APM Priest. Multiple Amara's, another combo activator, infinite test subjects to advance quest or cycle with shield.

Mass Hysteria seems like a big skill testing card in some situations as well. When you're holding 2 pieces of removal (like say a psychic scream) and you have to figure out whether or not you should use hysteria can be really tough.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
1 Legendary out of 30 packs. The one Legendary I absolutely didn't want and was worried that I'd get: Griftah.

How horrible is this guy, my dudes?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at some of the new attempts at decks, Holy Wrath Paladin looks like a good meme deck. Nice 50 damage combo, but you have to get to fatigue to do it. But there's your win condition for heal paladin.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Surrender to Madness might be my new favourite card. I'm always pleasantly surprised and entertained by how well the HS team captures the essence of some of the main WoW play-styles and abilities with their counterparts in Hearthstone. Surrender to Madness (the Shadow Priest ability in WoW) was spec-defining for awhile last expansion, and was a really fun, really tense and exciting risk/reward gameplay style. You basically flirted with death while it was active. That's exactly how I felt when trying out the STM deck recipe in this game. I was cheating death almost every turn after 5, but it was so rewarding once I took the enemy out. I wish it was more competitive on ladder, though.

I also just crafted Golden Whizbang. Cuz you know. Full golden decks.
Anyone wanna do Whizbang mirror matches? Add me! budrickton#1762

Status
Not open for further replies.