• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I am glad I didn't jump onto that hype train called Artifact. I was gonna buy it like a week or two after launch and saw that so many people had dropped it. And heard the constructed was shit. I've seen no name MP games hold better numbers than that.
I got 100 hour of that game, get the money back.. meh, no regret.

Will back focusing to HS next month

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I didn't sell my cards just in case Valve turn it around at some point, but I doubt I'll go back to it if they don't.

Anyway, looking forward to more tourney HS tonight!

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Artifact is simply too fucking complicated and has a significant barrier to entry. Bad combo.

Have any of you guys tried Keyforge? Once it gets a real app, it could become a great online game. It is completely asynchronous, so it was definitely designed with online play in mind.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Artifact is simply too fucking complicated and has a significant barrier to entry. Bad combo.

Have any of you guys tried Keyforge? Once it gets a real app, it could become a great online game. It is completely asynchronous, so it was definitely designed with online play in mind.
I don't think Artifact is overly complicated... it's more complex than HS or Magic, but you can learn to play in a few games. I find it, however, absolutely boring to watch and the games are too long.

I like Keyforge, but have no desire to play it online. Also, I get the shit-end of the RNG stick for every game, so I also don't have much desire to buy more Keyforge decks. I think I have five right now--that's enough.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's neat to hear. i've been interested in it, but none of my friends near me would have any interest in it and the closest games shop is like an hour away, so i haven't had a chance to check it out. would definitely be into checking out an app/online version

Oct 25, 2017
If none of these other games get a mobile app, then I'm kinda stuck with only hearthstone for the rest of forever.

Stuck at rank 1

Can't make any progress

What deck are you playing and what decks are you running into?

For me this has been one of the easiest months of ladder in a long time, after not really playing it that much pre and post expansion due to frustration.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
If none of these other games get a mobile app, then I'm kinda stuck with only hearthstone for the rest of forever.

What deck are you playing and what decks are you running into?

For me this has been one of the easiest months of ladder in a long time, after not really playing it that much pre and post expansion due to frustration.
Mix of OTK pally and spell hunter

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Anyone watching the Asia-Pacific Playoffs?

EDIT: I hate Cubelock. I cannot wait for rotation.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mix of OTK pally and spell hunter
Those are the decks you're playing as? Or is that what you're mostly facing. Both decks are pretty easy to beat with Priest.

I feel like otk pally is solid but I was having absolutely no luck with Spell Hunter. It just doesn't feel good enough right now. Gets wrecked by priest and other Hunter decks are better and beat it too. Paladin in general is hurting Hunter too.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Been having a blast with Odd Mage lately. So glad I came back really loving the game in its current state

### Odd Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Daring Fire-Eater
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (3) Black Cat
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 2x (3) Pyromaniac
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (3) Voodoo Doll
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (5) Arcane Tyrant
# 1x (5) Blast Wave
# 2x (5) Dragon's Fury
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (7) Astromancer
# 2x (7) Blazecaller
# 2x (7) Flamestrike
# 1x (7) Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
#
AAECAf0ECMrDAtPFApvTAsPqAp74AqCAA6aHA6iHAwvsB5vCAuvCAsjHAtvTAtfhArfxAsP4Ar36AqSHA82JAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Dropping the Jan'alai / Zola combo after playing Jaina is so damn satisfying and I love being able to play Ragnaros again especially when it heals me : )

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. Fuck Hunter ('midrange' pictured)
eBvpzxl.png

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Might not be the right place to ask cuz I don't want to go too off topic but why the heck are HS streamers playing Dota 2 Auto Chess right now when they could just be playing Artifact? Dog, Hafu, today I saw Firebat doing a stream with SuperJJ. Knowing nothing about Dota 2 I had assumed that artifact was based off of the auto chess game but I just googled it and auto chess came out this month and seems similar to artifact but also trendier right now despite looking less polished? Idk the whole thing just seems weird to me lol

Oct 25, 2017
Might not be the right place to ask cuz I don't want to go too off topic but why the heck are HS streamers playing Dota 2 Auto Chess right now when they could just be playing Artifact? Dog, Hafu, today I saw Firebat doing a stream with SuperJJ. Knowing nothing about Dota 2 I had assumed that artifact was based off of the auto chess game but I just googled it and auto chess came out this month and seems similar to artifact but also trendier right now despite looking less polished? Idk the whole thing just seems weird to me lol
Because DOTA 2 Auto Chess is waaay more popular, and streamers play popular games that people like watching because they get more viewers.

Streaming is super viewer-driven and Artifact doesn't lend itself to that.

I can't personally speak to which is more fun.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think artifact and auto chess have any similarities.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing Thronebreaker and there is a hilarious Hearthstone reference in there.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
After rotation I'm probably taking my quest druid deck to wild. People don't expect that deck at all, and I've had tons of fun.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well Thronebreakers gameplay is basically gwent, but there is one puzzle mission called stone heart which is gwent with hearthstone rules including Mana cost for cards and everything, when you win you get a card called Blizzard, which will generate two random effects.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised I won my first 2 brawl games today with such a bad deck, was able to knock out the tavern wins quest and 30 warrior card quest in 3 games. My deck only had warrior cards in it lol

Looks like a deathrattle minion deck is the way to go though

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The Limited Art of Hearthstone book is nice. 538/1000 probably means they haven't sold a lot of them, though.
I hope the next edition has better binding.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I sent that book for my office, but I'm scared of the binding. Is it seriously really really bad?

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Yo fuck everyone who plays high win rate meta and aggro decks in Casual.

Can't even enjoy my meme decks

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Auto Chess is perfect for twitch, and it has fast easy to understand gameplay, while at the same time having quite abit of depth.
Artifact was pretty much dead before auto chess.
But I do wonder if Auto Chess will become a big problem for Magic.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Equality? Cold blood? Flametongue? Hunters Mark again?

I don't get those at all.

And they fucking destroyed equality. That is actually bullshit.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
even hunter he we go.

no priest nerf btw. so out of touch with your own damn game.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate any of those changes. I'm on record saying that I think the entire classic set should be totally shaken up. We've played with these cards for like 5 years now.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am so angry at these nerfs, move the fucking set to wild if it is so much problem with the game, but stop nerfing each class card to the ground.

Why is this team so incapable of doing actual real work on this game???

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I don't mind these changes at all, ideally they should just remove all of them from the format but priest needed some change. Mindblast priest and clone priest are both absurd. That's all I have been playing and there is really not much you can do with certain decks against them. It's dumb AF and limits what archetype you can play. I think at least mind blast has to be get destoyed just like these other cards. It's so easy to have 3+ MBs right now by turn 8-9, you don't even need anduin these days. Then clone priest has no real counterplay unless they beat themselves. This is not how you make a good game. Removing cards like cold blood hugely helps priest and not others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.