• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they don't want to go dark on the usual 2 weeks, so they are revealing the theme later to follow the spoiler season sooner

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this means they'll be reprinting cards.
How do card games normally handle reprints? Is it the literal card again, same but different name, or a slight change? Or a mix of all?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think we will get any reprint... I don't see where you are getting that idea.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
If there's any "reprints" it'll be in the vein of Dr. Boom, Mad Scientist or Ragnaros Lightlord - the same character used in different context for a different card. So we might see a new Togwaggle card but he'd have a completely different effect.

With how Blizzard is using Wild as their eternal format, I don't see them EVER doing an actual reprint - since that either means Wild players will either be opening up useless cards in a new pack (feelsbad) or have the potential for breaking established deck rules (4x copy of card in a deck, or 2x same legendaries).

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
If there's any "reprints" it'll be in the vein of Dr. Boom, Mad Scientist or Ragnaros Lightlord - the same character used in different context for a different card. So we might see a new Togwaggle card but he'd have a completely different effect.

With how Blizzard is using Wild as their eternal format, I don't see them EVER doing an actual reprint - since that either means Wild players will either be opening up useless cards in a new pack (feelsbad) or have the potential for breaking established deck rules (4x copy of card in a deck, or 2x same legendaries).
Yeah. Or cards effects that can give you the old cards (which they've already done a few times now).

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

the last point is very interesting... because yeah the reprints would actually mean that we could get 4x of a card in wild.

The most they could do is make a card that somehow summons the same card from wild, similar to giggling inventor or Jan'alai, both very nice work arounds to bring back old cards.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it's just the 5 villains teased or will we see more, where's our Kel'Thuzad? Can we see Nefarian? Does Patches count as a Villain? (Ok that last one is a step too far).

Oct 25, 2017
the last point is very interesting... because yeah the reprints would actually mean that we could get 4x of a card in wild.

The most they could do is make a card that somehow summons the same card from wild, similar to giggling inventor or Jan'alai, both very nice work arounds to bring back old cards.
Or they could do the same as other card games and say that cards with the same name are the same cards, reprint or no. :P

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Or they could do the same as other card games and say that cards with the same name are the same cards, reprint or no. :P

But then you have the first problem where Wild players will open up packs for the new expansion and effectively get cards they already own, have access to, and can play in their preferred format. Are they going to offer full dust refunds for the old cards for wild players? Seems overly generous and complicated. I mean, maybe Blizzard actually doesn't care about Wild, but they say they do, so I just don't see this happening - at least not anytime soon.

Oct 25, 2017
But then you have the first problem where Wild players will open up packs for the new expansion and effectively get cards they already own, have access to, and can play in their preferred format. Are they going to offer full dust refunds for the old cards for wild players? Seems overly generous and complicated. I mean, maybe Blizzard actually doesn't care about Wild, but they say they do, so I just don't see this happening - at least not anytime soon.
That already happened with Magic and Destiny and people just deal with it. Plus, some people probably like having different art versions.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's also the fact that the same teaser basically spoils next one, it's so useless.

That addidng to them dragging way too much, 2 teasers at most, 5 in 2 weeks is insane

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't think we will get any reprint... I don't see where you are getting that idea.
Just because they're showing old representatives, nothing more.
I was also wondering if they'll bring back great classics back into standard sometime in the form of reprints or maybe adding them to classic.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Thank God they revealed Rafaam as well. Tomorrow should be yeah. Friday at the latest, but thursday is more Blizzard's day I think.

Hopefully.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they drag this out anymore past tomorrow ugh.

At this point i wonder when streamer reveals start. If they announce tomorrow i imagine there will be at least a week and a half before the community reveals start. Probably 3/26 which was the date of Witchwood as well i believe.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
If they drag this out anymore past tomorrow ugh.

At this point i wonder when streamer reveals start. If they announce tomorrow i imagine there will be at least a week and a half before the community reveals start. Probably 3/26 which was the date of Witchwood as well i believe.
They never did teaser like this before, so who knows how the reveal period will look like this time around. Best to just wait and see.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this should be revealed tomorrow or may be friday, going by the schedule of the reveals may be it is friday.

and i really think spoiler season won't be 2 weeks after the reveal because they are already late for the release with that frame, may be they want to start right away next week and release on the rumored april 2nd

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I had two consecutive Arena matches where I was down to anywhere between 1-6 HP (with my opponent at 20+) and managed to scrape back and win through some great playmaking. Even after 5 years of playing this game, stuff like this still excites me :)

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
rafaam-dalaran.jpg

Not sure if real or not, but no harm in posting.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
With thanks to IGN, the expansion:

b3mhdfmq63m21.jpg

I think that makes 2 teasers and the actual expansion being leaked beforehand. Lol.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Or we don't spoiler tag it for the people waiting for the actual announcement, we can do that as well.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Ah, okay. The video screenshot seemed to imply otherwise. But, HYPED.

And I might actually participate in the ERA card voting this time.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Of course we don't know cards yet, but I can tell I'm gonna love this expansion's theme. Old Gods was probably the peak of theme for me, alongside Frozen Throne and League of Explorers.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
oh no... they might actually be reprinting cards:

rise-of-shadows-ign-leak.jpg
That's a thumbnail used IGN's video in which they compare the characters appearing in the cinematic to the cards in-game. Why it's used here, I have no idea, but it's not representative of the new expansion. Just search on YouTube for '17 hidden cards in hearthstone's animated short.' It's the exact same.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My main hope for this expansion is that they keep pushing Spell/Maly Shaman. It's only about 2-3 cards away from being a viable deck.

I hope they dont do something dumb and try to pull another Freeze or Totem Shaman.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Seriously. I'm excited of course for any expansion (especially at rotation), but the fact that this was drawn out was made even worse by every teaser being leaked.
Yup. It was like every announcement was shifted by about 18 hours.

I'm almost certainly gonna pre-order because that's been standard for me the last few expansions, and I'm curious about the single player adventure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.