• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Beaten. :(

Shouldn't it be Risevof the Shadows?

may be they are not referring to the team specifically, but the rise of the evilness as a whole.

Someone here in the thread mentioned this might be the reveal of some evil things, then at the second the reveal of heroes and then the third expansion the clash between them and I think it is a natural way to making that overarching story between expansion, so this makes sense.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Hehe, imagine if that leak with Rafaam holding the Dalaran card is a teaser for tomorrow and the actual expansion announcement won't be until Tuesday.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Rafaam first broken card? lol

All those new cards are super-swingy.
Rafaam's ability is a call back to the League of Explorers set, which had a card with the same effect (you just had to jump through a few hoops to trigger it). It was fun and very good in control matchups, but never broken. There are a lot of garbage legendaries. If you're in fatigue, Chef Nomi is better.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
chef nomi is good for rogue. very playable. Actually I think there will be decks built around him with shadowsteps and unstable element.

Rogue loses a lot of cards to rotation so hard to tell how good rogue will be right now. Like Elven Minstrel is pretty good with this but you won't have him anymore.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say this is better than I expected and these cards seem very interesting. Cool mechanics, pushing decks in certain directions but nothing that practically screams OP OP OP OP.

Very cool.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Rafaam's ability is a call back to the League of Explorers set, which had a card with the same effect (you just had to jump through a few hoops to trigger it). It was fun and very good in control matchups, but never broken. There are a lot of garbage legendaries. If you're in fatigue, Chef Nomi is better.

Fair point about the legendaries. Most of the new cards seem quite powerful so far, but fun.

chef nomi is good for rogue. very playable.

Yup. Going to be a great addition. DassoBrother This mitigates the draw, but increases fatigue, so seems very specific in its use.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be that guy and say my first reaction is that they really need to add an official deck and hand tracker into the game already.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yessss! Really excited about Rafaam being back, he's one of the coolest villains in Hearthstone :D

And his effect is so cool!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how rafaam might be good, we all know that random legendary minions are nowhere good how they used.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be that guy and say my first reaction is that they really need to add an official deck and hand tracker into the game already.
I never liked or used third-party utilities other than a pure win/loss opponent tracker, nothing in game. Some improvements that I think could be added from Arena, that I learned I enjoyed once I saw them:

* You should be able to reorder your hand.
* Your opponent shouldn't be able to see which card you hover over / play, and all cards should come from the same place. This means no staring at a sliver of the screen trying to analyze which card is what, and no deck tracker advantage because you have a program that does it.
* If a card is revealed to the opponent, it should stay revealed.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Rafaam is golden monkey without having maps and all that stuff. It's a mediocre wincon for control warlock who loses everything.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I like how they'll be adding more lackeys in the future expansions. I always feel like Hearthstone drops cool mechanics to soon in favor of something different, so this is a nice change.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I might get the 80 pre-order. I think I might've done both for Boomsday but that was pretty unnecessary. I should have way more dust than usual come rotation too. I'll probably buy the adventure with cash too but aside from that I'm not really excited about anything until Mario Maker 2 so it doesn't seem too excessive.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rafaam is golden monkey without having maps and all that stuff. It's a mediocre wincon for control warlock who loses everything.

the point of even using Elyse back in the day was that it added to 2 cards to the deck, dealying the fatigue counter, the golden monkey was nice, but it wasn't the main focus, this doesn't have the same idea.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like how they'll be adding more lackeys in the future expansions. I always feel like Hearthstone drops cool mechanics to soon in favor of something different, so this is a nice change.

but wait, there's more:

Callback Cards: Each League of EVIL character will re-introduce a keyword from the expansion they first appeared in.

I LOVE that... i want them to explore more from the keywords they have used in the past

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Seems like people are getting random legendaries from past expansions when they pre-purchase which I'm 99% sure is not intended. Might be worth doing before they fix it.

Edit: And the shop is closed already.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, the change that allows arena wins to count toward your golden hero only applies going forward. BOOOO!!!!

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest hope for the expansion, like all expansions, is for lots of splashy giant cards and little to no removal/board clears! I'm going to miss Lynessa Sunsorrow so much :(

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, this is what I thought. I can't see this being useful beyond the meme decks I love to play, and even then you can't play because there is no card draw.
As a Warlock, there is always a certain point in a match where your cards are relatively 'meh'. You don't need Mortal Coils on turn 13 or your card draw or some removal against a Control deck. Being able to transform your crap into some very strong cards could be very much worth it, especially in Warlock.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree that there might be too many minion removal tools right now, most minions just never survives a turn, hopefully minions can stick a bit more after rotation IF the minions are NOT malygos type of danger, those should scale back as well.

Are any pre-order bonuses available today? Card back or Lazul?

both i beleve. Lazul for sure, cadback not so sure

The legdnary is later (that bug doesn't count)

Status
Not open for further replies.