• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Recently got back into this after only playing it at launch for a bit. There is a lot of new stuff but managed to get to 15 ranked then got my ass kicked back down to 20.

One thing I noticed that I can't seem to find any info on (though not looked hard) is when opposition cards pop up and says it's created by another individual. What's that all about?

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a second, isn't Twinspell literally just Flashback from MTG? They're both abilities that let you recast cards 1 more time after you cast them the first time.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Recently got back into this after only playing it at launch for a bit. There is a lot of new stuff but managed to get to 15 ranked then got my ass kicked back down to 20.

One thing I noticed that I can't seem to find any info on (though not looked hard) is when opposition cards pop up and says it's created by another individual. What's that all about?

Assuming I'm understanding your question correctly, that's just telling you that the card wasn't in their deck originally and also where that card was generated from.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Following on bananasWithGuns reply, if someone plays Stonehill Defender, it will discover a new taunt, when that taunt is played the opponent will see that that card was made from Stonehill Defender, giving you info that said card was not included by your opponent in their 30 cards.

Since there are lots and lots of card generating effects, there can be a lot of ways that message pop up when the opponent plays a card, it all depends on the card played. That's one of the reasona it's good to have some kind of hand reading skill to know about what can be in your opponents hand

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Expansion is releasing on the 9th of April, roughly 25 days from now.

Considering the shorter announcement to release period, it is possible we will start the cards reveal by Monday?

Haven't found any information on this matter.
Expansion is releasing the 5th basically due to the early acces they introduced for Fireside Gatherings, so everything should be revealed before that date. So 21 days. It really depends on how they want to approach it, but if they want to go for ~2 weeks of reveals, they most definitely will begin next week.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming I'm understanding your question correctly, that's just telling you that the card wasn't in their deck originally and also where that card was generated from.
Following on bananasWithGuns reply, if someone plays Stonehill Defender, it will discover a new taunt, when that taunt is played the opponent will see that that card was made from Stonehill Defender, giving you info that said card was not included by your opponent in their 30 cards.

Since there are lots and lots of card generating effects, there can be a lot of ways that message pop up when the opponent plays a card, it all depends on the card played. That's one of the reasona it's good to have some kind of hand reading skill to know about what can be in your opponents hand

Thanks! That makes sense, must have been a card I wasn't use to seeing

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Expansion is releasing the 5th basically due to the early acces they introduced for Fireside Gatherings, so everything should be revealed before that date. So 21 days. It really depends on how they want to approach it, but if they want to go for ~2 weeks of reveals, they most definitely will begin next week.

That's good to know, thank you!

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As a Shaman and Druid player, I'm hoping for some good cards. The last few sets for both classes has been highly disappointing. The Druid legendaries especially have been pretty abysmal since Frozen Throne. Shaman has had some good legendaries, but their cards have been all over the place.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if they don't introduce some good legendaries for druid this time around, I'm afraid druid will go directly into the dumpster, that class have been severly hit by nerfs last time and they don't have much going on since then.. barely hanging with togwaggle and mecha'thun druid.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
if they don't introduce some good legendaries for druid this time around, I'm afraid druid will go directly into the dumpster, that class have been severly hit by nerfs last time and they don't have much going on since then.. barely hanging with togwaggle and mecha'thun druid.
I've gotten all of the Druid legendaries from the last few sets so maybe they will be useful. I'm most hopeful for Gonk of all things. Both Floop cards seem like they should be able to find some use. Splintergraft never was good even when used with Happy Ghoul to get a free 10/10 so I dunno what it could possibly do.

I think I dusted Duskfallen Aviana which I never usually do...

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
I still havent forgiven druid for the last 2 years of bs. Jade druid, token druid, big druid, malygos druid, taunt druid. togwaggle druid... I would not be upset to see the class get a lenghty cooldown period from the top of the meta.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be a HUGE rotation. Some painful cards finally going the way of Hall of Fame, and very impactful Death Knight cards being rotated out, too. Can't wait to see what the game looks and plays like this year.

I'm torn on whether to DE all my Wild goldens come April....I never play Wild, and I'd be SWIMMING in dust.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
new card!

this card will get somehow abused, I just know it.

EDIT: just the image:

D1twscUW0AAn2yG.jpg:large

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I want every class to at least be semi-viable. There have been multiple meta's where some classes just didn't exist, makes ladder even more stale than it can already be.
Yeah I agree. As much as I don't like certain classes, I never like seeing classes just disappear because they've been nerfed to the point of being unplayable. Feels like shit.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
What do I want a bunch of copies of in rogue? You can't combo it with Nomi so what do you want to put a bunch of in your deck? maybe Tess?
I think it's a powerful effect but if we imagine going
Myra's > Minion > This
we're talking about drawing 1 per turn and we need something that's going to have enough impact to win the game.

Rogue is losing minstrel and efficient draw might be harder to come by. Drawing 1 pogo a turn is probably not enough to win a game.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
What do I want a bunch of copies of in rogue? You can't combo it with Nomi so what do you want to put a bunch of in your deck? maybe Tess?
I think it's a powerful effect but if we imagine going
Myra's > Minion > This
we're talking about drawing 1 per turn and we need something that's going to have enough impact to win the game.

Rogue is losing minstrel and efficient draw might be harder to come by. Drawing 1 pogo a turn is probably not enough to win a game.
Hard to tell at the moment, but gang up was totally nuts and this card is better. Can also target your opponents' minions. Has serious potential.

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to tell at the moment, but gang up was totally nuts and this card is better. Can also target your opponents' minions. Has serious potential.
I only remember gang up really being used with coldlight and maybe a couple other cards within the same deck. I'm not super concerned about this card as rogue doesn't have the life gain or stall (bye evasion and leeching poison!) that it needs to really abuse this....hopefully. The way I'm seeing it right now, they'd have to combo this along with some wicked card draw. Not saying Rogue hasn't easily been able to do that in the past, but I feel like this will be much harder to utilize in that way. What would even be a good target?

Oct 25, 2017
About the same level as Black Knight. Occasionally useful in specific metas. I wouldn't mind it.

Yea, I'll add it to the pile of legendaries I'll likely never used in a ranked deck

And I suppose I do have almost all the good classic legendaries already except for Grommash

Also don't have Deathwing, Gruul (dusted the one I pulled), Black Knight, The Beast, Illidan, Hogger, Nat Pegle, Millhouse and Lorewalker.......

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I suppose I could take the opponent's minion... maybe a good legendary would help. Those that hunter uses with charge would be good.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think Regiskillbin may have accidentally spoiled the Warlock/Rafaam scheme with the background art in his latest video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1HXg5ReYI

It clearly shows Rafaam summoning a group of imps to back him up. I think this could mean that Rafaam's scheme is summoning X amount of imps and each turn the scheme increases their attack and health by 1/1.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Regiskillbin may have accidentally spoiled the Warlock/Rafaam scheme with the background art in his latest video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1HXg5ReYI

It clearly shows Rafaam summoning a group of imps to back him up. I think this could mean that Rafaam's scheme is summoning X amount of imps and each turn the scheme increases their attack and health by 1/1.
Trump did the same, except he also spoiled the art of the Dr boom's scheeme..

Both are really good looking arts.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Alright, I just hit Rank 5 for the second time ever! The only other time I hit it though was basically at the end of the month. I'm thinking of attempting that crushing final climb to to Legend. Thoughts, advice, etc.?

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
What deck did you use? I'm stuck in Rank 12-15 hell.

An Even Paladin deck. It takes a good amount of play to really get the hang of it, but once I got my mulligans down and overall play, I was crushing people. It took me about a week to get truly comfortable with it and not misplay as much as I was at the beginning. Lots of comeback capabilities as well.

### Even Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Amani Berserker
# 1x (2) Argent Protector
# 1x (2) Crystalsmith Kangor
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 1x (2) Sound the Bells!
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 1x (4) Equality
# 1x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (4) Spirit of the Tiger
# 1x (4) The Glass Knight
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (6) Val'anyr
# 1x (6) Windfury Harpy
# 1x (8) Bonemare
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAaToAhC3BPQFlgb6BooH/ge5wQKbywKmzgLCzgK36QL57ALN9ALr9wL9+wLvhgMH3APPBq8H9gezwQKIxwKW6AIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
SnugTeam6 EDIT: Too much to craft. But thanks!

Also, and this just dawned on me: ladder is not tourney; tourney is not ladder.

From Rank 12 to Rank 15 floor. Nothing is working...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
This rotation is going to be glorious. Fuck so many cards. Cubelock is DONE

Agreed, I haven't been this excited for Hearthstone in quite a while. Year of the Mammoth was just absolutely awful for the game in my opinion and I'm happy to see it go. All the sets from Year of the Raven aren't nearly as offensive outside of Baku and Genn who are going away too. I just hope Blizzard doesn't drop the ball with the next couple sets because I'm really looking forward to this rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.