• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree that year of mammoth sets were awful, they were amazing, in fact, so amazing team 5 knew that the only way to follow these set and keep people happy is to continue the huge power creep those sets introduced.

Instead they decided to make a gamble and try to scale back from year of raven and on, we will see how it will pay off now that those huge power creeps are out finally.

We can all agree here that team 5 is one hell of an inneficient team, it's incredible they are so behind on so many features and modes the game needs, but i consider them really smart with card design at this point in the game's life, they are showing a clear direction and they have answered to their mistakes far quicker than before, and now with Rise of Shadows so far the cards looks a lot smarter without being stupidly powerful and neither boring.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Control Priest and it's a bit better than I remember. Enough dragons that I don't have to use Nightmare Amalgam anymore. Asking myself why I don't just play wall though, that's just a much better deck right now. Really annoying to play against for most classes.
I do so much better with Control Priest than Wall Priest, though I do think Wall is better overall. I feel like I'm at the mercy of the draw way way too often as Wall Priest. I'll lose without ever having a chance to really play.

I think what helps is that I usually have 2 or 3 tech cards in control Priest and they definitely help get me the wins.

Last edited:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I never touch Wild. When is the best time to dust cards rotating out? Now or after release? I forget.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I do so much better with Control Priest than Wall Priest, though I do think Wall is better overall. I feel like I'm at the mercy of the draw way way too often as Wall Priest. I'll lose without ever having a chance to really play.

I think what helps is that I usually have 2 or 3 tech cards in control Priest and they definitely help get me the wins.

I'm not even running many tech cards currently. Considering maybe throwing in an ooze. I like how often the burst potential is underestimated. Won multiple games that I shouldn't have since my opponent ignored my board and then I'd have 19 burst from hand.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I wouldn't craft anything this close to the release of an expansion unless you know you really want it

Drunk crafted it, which means I will be able to get one less Legendary for Shadows. At least it's from Boom, so it will be around for a while.

Agreed, I haven't been this excited for Hearthstone in quite a while. Year of the Mammoth was just absolutely awful for the game in my opinion and I'm happy to see it go. All the sets from Year of the Raven aren't nearly as offensive outside of Baku and Genn who are going away too. I just hope Blizzard doesn't drop the ball with the next couple sets because I'm really looking forward to this rotation.

It seems like they can rein in the power creep to Wiibomb 's point. Though, some of the released cards so far look quite powerful (or from my perspective). I am so hyped I bought both bundles after not preordering Boom or Rumble.

DassoBrother Wall Priest is fucking cancer. I wish I had the dust to craft it. lol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even running many tech cards currently. Considering maybe throwing in an ooze. I like how often the burst potential is underestimated. Won multiple games that I shouldn't have since my opponent ignored my board and then I'd have 19 burst from hand.
Yeah the opponent has to respect you and stay above 15 life if they want to have a chance and that's not always easy. I think I've had 7 mind blasts in hand once lol. But it's one of the few decks I've ever enjoyed enough to climb to legend with. Only done that 3 times, but that deck was the easiest. Skulking Geist, Gluttonous Ooze, and Spirit Lash carried my ass hard, especially Geist. Killing off Cold Blood, Tracking, Hunter's Mark, Naturalize, Holy Smite, Inner Fire, Arcane Missiles, Soul Fire, Blessing of Might, and stupid fucking Omega Assembly was huge. Now of course some of those were nerfed, and sometimes Geist just comes too late for others, but when it works it really helps and I didn't miss the second Cabal Shadow Priest at all really, which is what I replaced.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Yeah the opponent has to respect you and stay above 15 life if they want to have a chance and that's not always easy. I think I've had 7 mind blasts in hand once lol. But it's one of the few decks I've ever enjoyed enough to climb to legend with. Only done that 3 times, but that deck was the easiest. Skulking Geist, Gluttonous Ooze, and Spirit Lash carried my ass hard, especially Geist. Killing off Cold Blood, Tracking, Hunter's Mark, Naturalize, Holy Smite, Inner Fire, Arcane Missiles, Soul Fire, Blessing of Might, and stupid fucking Omega Assembly was huge. Now of course some of those were nerfed, and sometimes Geist just comes too late for others, but when it works it really helps and I didn't miss the second Cabal Shadow Priest at all really, which is what I replaced.
Do you run any Mass Hysteria? I'm mostly worried about aggro and Geist doesn't seem to help the matchups im worried about enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Needed to get some wins as mage so I made the infinite fireball deck that I always hate playing against.........and it's just as boring to play with that deck but getting that combo at the end is so good lol

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Needed to get some wins as mage so I made the infinite fireball deck that I always hate playing against.........and it's just as boring to play with that deck but getting that combo at the end is so good lol
Imo, it's just really stressful because you need to keep yourself alive until the combo comes together. But the payoff is really good yeah.

Oct 25, 2017
Imo, it's just really stressful because you need to keep yourself alive until the combo comes together. But the payoff is really good yeah.

The only matches I lost because I messed up and the only spell left in my hand after dropping Antonidas was Ice Block and I already had one active lol, wasn't playing it on ladder so I didn't run into any really powerful decks anyway

Oct 25, 2017
Do you run any Mass Hysteria? I'm mostly worried about aggro and Geist doesn't seem to help the matchups im worried about enough.
Nope. My mass hysteria math is so so bad. It's way harder than defile math for me.
I used Spirit Lash for odd paladin, which is the only aggro match that gave me fits.

If you think mass hysteria will help you, throw it in there.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kuu3cd05swm21.png

You discover two spells and it becomes a Battlecry. You can target the Battlecry as well.

Seems very slow.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Seeing people say that the first choice is always a targeted spell and the second choice is always a non-targeted one. Definitely limits the possible combinations.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little like kazakus but the initial cost is so high and it's way less flexible. But kazakus is one of the strongest cards ever so it makes some sense to be weaker.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Shuddrwock will repeat both Swamp Queen Hagatha and the Horror. Sounds good - fun non-OTK Shudder stuff is always good

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damn, that legendary supports both Hero card Hagatha and Shudderwock, and even supports the new legendaries introduced in Rastakhan. Nice!

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Important to remember that the overall Shaman spell pool is still very below average in the late game. Lots of bad to mediocre 0 and 1 cost spells.

But it will be fun to teach the Horror Blazing Invocation and then discovery another Hagatha.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
It is definitely nice to see more cool Shudderwock support like this, I agree.

I like the card a lot in general though, I think they found the perfect spot for it. If the spells were random instead of discover or if the targets were random it would be worthless. I'm glad they're getting away from the word random when it comes to Shaman.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
well I think kible will love this card, not only it supports the crazy shaman shenanigans with the available legendaries, but also pulls another possible crazy effect.

unstable evolution + rain of toads? yes please.

Oct 25, 2017
Anything that makes Shudderwock potentially viable is a massive step down for player experience unless they figure out a way to make the animations and turns not take like 5 minutes. :(

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anything that makes Shudderwock potentially viable is a massive step down for player experience unless they figure out a way to make the animations and turns not take like 5 minutes. :(

shudderwock anymations are crazy fast, they last some seconds at most... you might be thinking of the past shudder OTK, and that's already dead

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
The Build-a-Spell Workshop.

Would be nice if they add more Shaman spells which take advantage of the 5-mana horror discount a.k.a. ones 6 or more mana.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So some more clarification on how Swampqueen works.

https://twitter.com/LegendaryFerret/status/1107695976163115008

So in other words you can get two non-targeted spells on the Horror if you so choose. So things like Rain of Toads + The Storm Bringer or double Lightning Storm can be a thing.
really really interesting, specially with that combination..

they didn't set stone rules for the spell combinations like they did with rexxar's hero power.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Going to be very, very interesting to see what Shaman gets in the next couple sets with Hagatha, Shudderwock, Electra, Zentimo, Krag'wa and now Swampqueen all being part of the Standard set for the next year.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Healing rain goes away too! Not even the 4 mana deal 4 and heal 4!!!

This rotation is terrible!!!

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Some of the mammoth cards should be moved to standard. I'm thinking specifically about the ice elemental that goes "ice to meet you", or the turtle taunt, also big things like lyra or tarim.
It will definitely feel like a completely new game after rotation.

Oct 25, 2017
Healing rain goes away too! Not even the 4 mana deal 4 and heal 4!!!

This rotation is terrible!!!
Totally forgot that was part of Kobold's. Shaman will need some healing our some sort of stall to make use of that legendary
Some of the mammoth cards should be moved to standard. I'm thinking specifically about the ice elemental that goes "ice to meet you", or the turtle taunt, also big things like lyra or tarim.
It will definitely feel like a completely new game after rotation.
While I love Stonehill Defender, nah he can take his ass to wild. I really like Tarim too, but he would probably be so absurdly powerful after rotation that I'm glad he's leaving too. Lyra will be kind of missed as a fun card that's not broken but also not shit. Glacial Shard is definitely a card I would like to see another print of because it has great utility.

There are some cards I'm gonna miss though because they never really got a chance to shine, like the Priest weapon and warlock quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.