• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
The 1st vS meta report for RoS is out. Behold the power of reporting the meta while also solidifying it for the near term. Big surprise at Tier 1 is Mech Paladin. Warrior Tier 2 for now, but easily tying Rogue for most played class.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-126/

mGmadtj.png

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I like Heal Druid. A lot. Seems too inconsistent to be a super competitive deck but when you get a chance to actually play Lucentbark it's a fun time IMO

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the problem with heal druid is that there is nothing to heal against control warrior, you just get stuck if warrior players knows what they are doing. The deck isn't strong against anything really.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
After hitting legend only twice since beta, I really don't have the urge to grind and climb anymore. I think the only thing that can make me want to climb past rank 5 are when meme/thief decks are viable which isn't probably ever happening or if they added an incentive like free packs or dust. Is that wrong?

I'm sitting on 14K or so dust after getting rid of my wild cards (minus the legendaries) and just waiting on a really fun deck to build and climb with. I crafted a golden Whizbang, Bomb Warrior (meh) and some meta decks like Token Druid/Zoo Warlock/Tempo Rogue/Mech Hunter but its soooo boring. I usually just play my Thief Rogue in Casual to pass the time. Khadgar Dragon Mage looks pretty good. I found a Thief Priest deck I might try but its crazy expensive (7200 for me). Hoping to get one of the necessary legendaries/epics from pack openings. Nomi Priest is pretty fun though :)

Maybe I'll use the dust this time to craft high usage legs that I never got around to like Malygos/Captain Greenskin/Kalecgos/Golden Norzdomu/Al'Akir/Baron Geddon/Mecha'Thun

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough.

Tempo Storm's tier rating, I guess.

I'm starting the climb from Rank 10 floor again. Just going to play and not pay attention to stars... queued into a player at Rank 11. Conceded to give the guy the stars to hit Rank 10. :-)

Well, I wasn't saying anything about tiers or whether tog is good or bad. Just that tog is too slow for some rogue lists, especially MUE lists.

Oct 25, 2017
the problem with heal druid is that there is nothing to heal against control warrior, you just get stuck if warrior players knows what they are doing. The deck isn't strong against anything really.
I dunno...I've had a lot of success with it, but I did also mention how not having anything to heal can become a problem, which is why I was running Damaged Stegotron.

Alex can be a big help too.

I mean the deck may end up just being trash, but it seems underestimated early on. The big problem is Rogue. Fuck Brawl, let's kill off Sap. What a miserable fucking card. (I really don't think it should be HoF'd, but damn is it just a frustrating card).

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I think the biggest single issue I've run into is the lack of hard removal. Without Naturalize, you basically just lose if someone plays a big Edwin on T3/T4 or manages to drop a Giant early. Not sure that's fixable given what is currently in Standard tho. Right now I'm stuck trying to play Doomsayers to buy time until I can actually play stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest single issue I've run into is the lack of hard removal. Without Naturalize, you basically just lose if someone plays a big Edwin on T3/T4 or manages to drop a Giant early. Not sure that's fixable given what is currently in Standard tho. Right now I'm stuck trying to play Doomsayers to buy time until I can actually play stuff.

Druid typically always had trouble with big things. That's meant to be a weakness for them. At least you can silence edwin. BGH a giant. Those are some answers. Last year or two druid became so strong that naturalize was great and I am kinda happy that is no longer a thing... both druid being super strong and naturalize seeing play as hard removal.

Oct 25, 2017
It just kinda is what it is. Rogue is always gonna be a problem, and Mage is a strong late game class right now.
There is some flexibility in cards though, so you can tech some stuff. I actually have a tokenish opener and it works surprisingly well since everyone trades because they're so worried about buffs, so it can get me through the first 2 or 3 turns and then I start throwing down taunts. I've mentioned it in other posts, but Wardruid Loti and Proud Defender have been ace for me.
Druid typically always had trouble with big things. That's meant to be a weakness for them. At least you can silence edwin. BGH a giant. Those are some answers. Last year or two druid became so strong that naturalize was great and I am kinda happy that is no longer a thing... both druid being super strong and naturalize seeing play as hard removal.
While I do sorta agree, Naturalize used to be a bad card and you absolutely didn't want to run it. It wasn't until all the broken shit they printed for Druid that it was no longer a problem. I don't think the card would be that problematic right now. There's no way you'd want to give Rogue or Mage any cards with the decks they're playing. I'd like to see a card like Mulch again. I'd even take Recycle right now lol.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Naturalize I think was able to be played because druid nearly always had card advantage. That is definitely gone.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Just used my hard Control Warrior deck to answer every threat from a Token Druid. I already despise token Druid, so it felt amazing to just grind them down in a long game.

I saw somewhere about using Baron Geddon as a token tech card, and it has helped immensely in my initial tests when I manage to draw it.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Just used my hard Control Warrior deck to answer every threat from a Token Druid. I already despise token Druid, so it felt amazing to just grind them down in a long game.

I saw somewhere about using Baron Geddon as a token tech card, and it has helped immensely in my initial tests when I manage to draw it.
Deck list, plz?

Also, whoever told me Control Shaman was a risky craft was 100% correct. Dust? Gone, Baby, Gone...

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Deck list, plz?

Also, whoever told me Control Shaman was a risky craft was 100% correct. Dust? Gone, Baby, Gone...

Enjoy!

### Control
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Eternium Rover
# 2x (1) Omega Assembly
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 1x (1) Town Crier
# 1x (2) Baleful Banker
# 2x (2) Warpath
# 2x (2) Weapons Project
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 1x (4) Militia Commander
# 1x (4) Omega Devastator
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (5) Darius Crowley
# 2x (5) Dyn-o-matic
# 1x (5) Harrison Jones
# 2x (5) Supercollider
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 1x (7) Dr. Boom, Mad Genius
# 1x (8) Archivist Elysiana
#
AAECAYwWCtACkAfN7wKd8ALR9QKn9wKS+AKggAOGnQOSnwMKS6IE/wf7DJvzAvT1AoP7Ao77Ap77ArP8AgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

Paladin seems to have lots of fun decks this expansion with Big Duel Paladin and this deck (Secret Mech Pally is also fun to play). Hurray for my favorite class.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I just really enjoy his expression of confidence when it comes to constructed and what decks are good. I don't think he's right but i like how his confidence comes off. Like saying that villain deck is good. It's fun.

I see. He is pretty good about testing out new decks and hyping them up at the start of an expansion. I get a bit bummed out by everyone focusing on only playing Tier 1 and treating everything else as trash. Hopefully the RoS meta will allow many more decks to be viable for the ladder.

Oct 25, 2017
Kripp is actually a solid constructed player. People seem to believe he's shit at it and is only good at arena. The guy takes whatever goofy shit he wants to legend. He makes misplays since he doesn't always know the standard or wild meta, but he still makes whatever nonsense he wants to work and makes it work.

Oct 25, 2017
Kripp is actually a solid constructed player. People seem to believe he's shit at it and is only good at arena. The guy takes whatever goofy shit he wants to legend. He makes misplays since he doesn't always know the standard or wild meta, but he still makes whatever nonsense he wants to work and makes it work.

But my main criticism is him claiming his meme decks are good.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Man, Bomb Hunter is so satisfying. It doesn't use many cards from RotS but it's performing really well in the meta, even besting Bomb Warrior.

Glad I didn't dust Boommaster Flark! Playing him Turn 7, then Missile Launcher + Venomizer on Turn 8 makes me smile every time.

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
Had a super easy climb to Rank 5 with Zoolock, was surprised how well it performed. Toughest matchup was probably Warrior but if you get an aggressive start, you can usually finish them with burst before they stabilise.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the rafaam zoo, cuz I lost against it. I didn't expect that, and opponent got great legendaries from it.

Also had a draw against shaman cuz we're running out of turns LOL.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate Archivist Elysiana with the passion of a 1000 suns and I rarely even see her being played because control decks are miserable to play again. I don't know why Blizzard turns every control matchup into a bullshit slog of near infinite value. Here is an idea Blizzard. Let's let 30 cards be the size of your deck and nothing more.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like having your deck be the size of your deck? Could you elaborate?

Adding or altering your deck is an interesting and fun mechanic. We don't need to bar interactions with our deck just because one card is problematic. If Elysiana was just a priest or paladin card, or otherwise not neutral, then it wouldn't be much if at all a problem. It's also just a fact that warrior right now has very strong control cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.