• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Adding or altering your deck is an interesting and fun mechanic. We don't need to bar interactions with our deck just because one card is problematic. If Elysiana was just a priest or paladin card, or otherwise not neutral, then it wouldn't be much if at all a problem. It's also just a fact that warrior right now has very strong control cards.
If adding cards and altering our deck is such a fun and interesting mechanic, why is it only fun and interesting when it's severely limited or just so bad that it's barely worth running? Seems counter intuitive to have a mechanic at all if it's the opposite of fun when it's seeing play, and for what it's worth. Queuing up with a control deck that can't add cards to their deck and losing to a deck that can isn't enjoyable either. It's flawed by design just like the death knights are. It creates an uneven playing field for no reason and hurts deck diversity.

Oct 25, 2017
If adding cards and altering our deck is such a fun and interesting mechanic, why is it only fun and interesting when it's severely limited or just so bad that it's barely worth running? Seems counter intuitive to have a mechanic at all if it's the opposite of fun when it's seeing play, and for what it's worth. Queuing up with a control deck that can't add cards to their deck and losing to a deck that can isn't enjoyable either. It's flawed by design just like the death knights are. It creates an uneven playing field for no reason and hurts deck diversity.

I disagree because I don't think all controls are or should be about just value or surviving past fatigue.

But as to your question, Elysiana is a single card that significantly improves your ability to win in fatigue. Being available to every class makes every control deck want to run it, because it's that good in mirrors. So decks become a bit too ubiquitous and then that narrows the playfield because every control deck is doing the same late game thus only 1 or maybe 2 depending on the meta would ever see play.

And lets hypothetically say control paladin is the worst of the control decks. If only paladin had elysiana then it makes them better without going overboard.

I mean, there are a lot of reasons why they didn't print dr. boom as a class card this set. Dr. boom from gvg I think would have been much less of a problem if it were in only a single class as opposed to being available to everyone. It's also why they stopped printing so many neutral legendaries I think, at least in part, because strong neutral legendaries that see wide play have been the most problematic cards. See... sylvanas, ragnaros, prenerf tinkmaster, prenerf pagle, prenerf yogg. Now a lot of neutral legs are niche like build arounds like cthun/mecha'cthun, barista, and more. Elysiana being a neutral cuts against this and may end up being a mistake.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's an easy fix to elysiana. make her effect replace up to 10 cards in your deck. this doesn't help you in fatigue but has a chance to disrupt strategies like bombs or corrupted bloods.

Oct 25, 2017
Can we ever get another control deck that actually does something? I think that's why C'thun Warrior is still my favorite control deck that has existed.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Murloc Shaman may have gotten me to Rank 8, but I realize the only deck I enjoy playing is Midrange Hunter. Hope it's good enough to get me to Rank 5 this month.

And there is a Shaman deck with Muckmorpher that cheats out some big fucking minions in a hurry.

Can we ever get another control deck that actually does something? I think that's why C'thun Warrior is still my favorite control deck that has existed.

Oh, you don't think 40 minute games is "something"?

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
So i have alot of fun with Murloc Shaman in Wild. its bonkers there with all the extra boost cards.

Then in standard i play a Token Druid With Treespeaker baked into it. because of landscaping and of course The Forest's Aid.
it can give a massive damage boost and more survilbity for your minions on board.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rank 14! That's really high for me (equals my highest I think). Made it with midrange spell Hunter. The feedback I got on the deck from someone here really helped!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't touched this in months, somehow I have a bunch of cards I have no memory of ever getting in packs...

Dusted a bunch of duplicates, currently have 7500 dust. What's the most entertaining deck so far?

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Haven't touched this in months, somehow I have a bunch of cards I have no memory of ever getting in packs...

Dusted a bunch of duplicates, currently have 7500 dust. What's the most entertaining deck so far?
Honestly, each class has a good deck to run. Though Priest is a bit underpowered, I feel. What is your fav class?

EDIT: And I have no idea why, as an Avenger, I am helping a filthy coward.

Rank 14! That's really high for me (equals my highest I think). Made it with midrange spell Hunter. The feedback I got on the deck from someone here really helped!

Congrats! Now push to 10... :-)

Last edited:

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
So how long can a player just hang a card over the board to extend the game? It's been like 10 minutes. I'm just letting him do it to see how committed he is and I'm not going to play anymore after this game anyway. I'll watch the baseball game and check in to see if anything happens.

How has Bliz not fixed this? And they should allow you to block players; even five an account would be great.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, each class has a good deck to run. Though Priest is a bit underpowered, I feel. What is your fav class?

EDIT: And I have no idea why, as an Avenger, I am helping a filthy coward.

Congrats! Now push to 10... :-)

I'm really game for anything I suppose, well, other than control decks that take half an hour per game to win

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
So how long can a player just hang a card over the board to extend the game? It's been like 10 minutes. I'm just letting him do it to see how committed he is and I'm not going to play anymore after this game anyway. I'll watch the baseball game and check in to see if anything happens.

How has Bliz not fixed this? And they should allow you to block players; even five an account would be great.

You disconnected. The game probably ended a long time ago, lol

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I spent a week jealous of iphone users before realizing how easy it was to pretend to be playing on an iphone and get their sweet cardback.
rank 50 plays IRL :/

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Playing 3 decks hard lately.

Won 8 of 9 with Muck Shaman. Beats Bomb War and Token Drd and MurgSha 70% will only lose to hand mage and TempoRge if God darw by them. Meta far from settled. If big IF i push Leg will be with this. (72%)

Beast Druid. Regis Kilbin list.Fun deck only a bit below 50% could be above 50% in future.

Mrcle Prst too but so far not nearly as good. I may suck at this deck. Lots of potential Hard to play.(40%)

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Rank 5 at last, I made it with this list so I hope it works well for you, PSA, Magic Carpet works with all your reduced cost murlocs from Scargil (it was a nice surprise for me since I assumed it would only be for printed 1-cost cards)

### Ataque de chiquitos
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 2x (2) Belligerent Gnome
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Questing Adventurer
# 2x (4) Cult Master
# 2x (4) Murloc Tastyfin
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 1x (8) Hagatha the Witch
#
AAECAaoIAqfuApybAw7FA9sD9QWXBqsG5QenCNmJA+KJA7SRA4yUA7WYA8aZA7WfAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Loving arena at the moment, nice to see some of the old cards and some crazy new things. Despite the insane decks I've had far more matches that were close, like winning with 1hp left. I guess fewer aoe options and taunt walls will do that?

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting really frustrated with the game. It's so hard to play with new and fun decks that can stand a change against the meta decks. It's been just a few weeks and I'm getting bored already playing against the same decks. This is mainly the fault of the community and its obsession with their rank. I'm giving it a few more weeks, but I can't see myself playing much longer

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
After not having played the game seriously at all since Witchwood, this expansion and rotation has pulled me back in again. I've hit rank 5 for the first time in a while. Played almost exclusively Rogue, first my own Miracle Togwaggle deck and then switched to the more aggressive Pirate+Lackey build for the last few ranks. Now time to try out some fun, meme decks.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm getting really frustrated with the game. It's so hard to play with new and fun decks that can stand a change against the meta decks. It's been just a few weeks and I'm getting bored already playing against the same decks. This is mainly the fault of the community and its obsession with their rank.
Just play casual then? I see some variety there. Leave Ranked to us tryhards...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting really frustrated with the game. It's so hard to play with new and fun decks that can stand a change against the meta decks. It's been just a few weeks and I'm getting bored already playing against the same decks. This is mainly the fault of the community and its obsession with their rank. I'm giving it a few more weeks, but I can't see myself playing much longer
it sounds like you want a mode where you can play against people who care exactly as much as you do about winning. i get that that's frustrating, but it isn't really 'the fault of the community' that they mostly play decks that give them the best chance of winning, that's just them having different priorities than you—not that different, though, because you clearly care about winning too

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
it sounds like you want a mode where you can play against people who care exactly as much as you do about winning. i get that that's frustrating, but it isn't really 'the fault of the community' that they mostly play decks that give them the best chance of winning, that's just them having different priorities than you—not that different, though, because you clearly care about winning too

Correct, I've been arguing for a different game mode for a long time now. Sure I don't like losing. But if I lose to a deck that's cool and does new things, I'm okay with that. I concede games against boring match ups all the time. Don't give a single fuck which rank I end up with.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some sort of expansion of tavern brawl, focused on deck building challenges that rotates every few weeks.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
and what happens when the meta for each challenge is solved 3 hours after it comes out, leading, again, to players running optimized netdecks?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
do you think people are only running netdecks in casual for the gold reward? i don't think that's the case

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying Khadgar Dragon Mage and Muck Morpher Shaman (minus a legendaries I could use..); meta is something else... Druid, hunter and Warrior give me headaches but I think I can see myself taking this a tad more serious and attempting to go for Legend.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to all the token druids? I think in the last 3 days I've only faced like 5 of them. And it seems like Mage numbers have shot up. I'm kinda rooting for mage to figure out a really solid early game to consistently challenge Rogue and then that will really shake things up I think, since they already wreck Warrior.

And there's no way Leeroy will dodge the HoF next year. I like the card a lot and would hate to see it go, but I imagine people are getting really tired of dying at 16+ health.

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
I've hit a brick wall and just don't seem to be able to put together a run of wins. I'm trying with Token Druid, but I am just getting destroyed which I'm going to conclude is because I'm awful at the game.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
With the new competitive format, just imagine bo3 control warrior mirrors where after each match the decks get even more greedy with sideboards. lmao who wants to play that shit.

I got legend with Nomy rogue, just enjoy trolling control warrior and believe me, rank 1 to legend I only played control warrior with some odd hunter here and there. It was ridiculous and well easy for me to choose a deck.

I just shadowstep that panda until you dead! the absurd thing was that sometimes it was barely enough lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad that people are generally with me re: Elysiana. She makes control mirrors boring AF and down to random chance. For an archetype that generally prides itself on being reasonably skill-based, that's bad.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm glad that people are generally with me re: Elysiana. She makes control mirrors boring AF and down to random chance. For an archetype that generally prides itself on being reasonably skill-based, that's bad.

It's a fun card to play around with in Casual. I don't trust it on ladder, though--too RNG. Omni was talking about it in their last episode, as well.

I'm dust poor again... What classes are just always trash? I truly hate playing Priest, so those cards are gone... Would only focusing on Hunter, Mage, Rogue, and Warrior be okay? Or should I not dust Shaman or Warlock, either?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It's a fun card to play around with in Casual. I don't trust it on ladder, though--too RNG. Omni was talking about it in their last episode, as well.

I'm dust poor again... What classes are just always trash? I truly hate playing Priest, so those cards are gone... Would only focusing on Hunter, Mage, Rogue, and Warrior be okay? Or should I not dust Shaman or Warlock, either?

I'll have to check it out. I love the whole Omni team.

It's hard to say which classes are always good or bad. They've all shined at some point. It seems like Blizz just tries to rotate through and make sure every class has powerful tools at some point.

The most resilient class might be Warlock because of Zoo, but even that's up for debate.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'll have to check it out. I love the whole Omni team.

It's hard to say which classes are always good or bad. They've all shined at some point. It seems like Blizz just tries to rotate through and make sure every class has powerful tools at some point.

The most resilient class might be Warlock because of Zoo, but even that's up for debate.

I don't know the actual time stamp, but it's when they start talking about Warrior at 46 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR97SGJXLvM

Good point about Zoo... I always appreciate a good aggro deck.

Oct 25, 2017

Well she's pretty much just meant for control mirrors and surviving fatigue, you just hope to get something good from it.

Dusting stuff is completely up to you. No one can tell you which classes you're gonna enjoy. I'm not shy about my absolute hatred for Priest, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy causing misery on my journey to the golden Priest portrait. Super fun class to play as.

Shaman is the other class I really don't like, but I'm kinda enjoying it at the moment.

I also used to find Hunter incredibly boring, but eventually came across decks I liked.

So you never know when your mind might change, but if you're really set on not playing a class and you don't think you'll regret it, then dust them.

Edit: also to answer your question, I don't think there's any class that's always trash. Every class has terrorized the meta at some point. I think Mage might be the only class that hasn't, at least since I've been playing.

Last edited:

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I've never faced someone who emotes thank you so constantly, is this one of those bots I hear people talk about. It seemed like every card I played and every damage I dealt was followed with a "Thank You". But then in the last few turns the emotes dried up and then they forfeited once the game was unwinnable. I didn't think a bot would do that.

But I refuse to believe that anyone is willing to go through that much effort to spam emotes to win a rank 9 game through some nebulous BM barrage putting the opponent on tilt.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Raza Priest with Psychic Scream will alway be my fave deck.
I haven't played for 2 days and still rank 8, not sure if I could get to legend again.

Oct 27, 2017
Mech pally is a ton of fun. I love the new legendary that triggers secrets twice. It's so satisfying getting 2 or 3 secrets up and watching the opponent struggle as they keep going off. I think it's my favorite deck right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.