• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume they were all busy with the world championship. I expect to hear some news this week after they've recovered from all the jet lag.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Conjurer Mage and I'm seeing a lot of mirrors, I guess HCT popularized the deck for a lot of people.
The thing is most of these people don't really seem to understand the deck and just keep trying to generate value in hand as if they somehow have the tools to wipe out enemy board states or stabilize their life total.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Conjurer Mage and I'm seeing a lot of mirrors, I guess HCT popularized the deck for a lot of people.
The thing is most of these people don't really seem to understand the deck and just keep trying to generate value in hand as if they somehow have the tools to wipe out enemy board states or stabilize their life total.
Yeah I had started to see way more since mid last week and noticed that the druids disappeared.

I think people just really really hate warrior though. Oh and Bomb Hunter has been super popular too.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
My quest shaman is really fun and effective. Scargill played with megafin on the same turn is amazing. Use a bloodlust or second tox if you want. Megasaur kinda does the same things though so the list is refined enough for my tastes. I use tiny fin instead tho bc sometimes you just need early game tempo bc of playing the 1 mana quest, it helps against other Aggro decks in the early game. Honestly I like ice fishing better than the 2 mana random murloc since it thins your deck out and gets you to everyfin faster which is what you want.

### MURQUEST
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 1x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 1x (2) Brrrloc
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Ice Fishing
# 2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (2) Primalfin Totem
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 2x (2) Soul of the Murloc
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (4) Call in the Finishers
# 2x (4) Gentle Megasaur
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAaoICOAFhBe3bPa9ApvEArbNArWYA5ybAwvFA9sD0AenCL8X47sCkcECncICscICi84C9JkDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
because he played 4 extra cards to do it and you have the option to run silence.
If there's an issue it's raiding party because it means he can do that play without hurting his hand too much.

making a 10/10 edwin is eh,
making a 10/10 edwin by going coin prep raiding party deckhand is nuts.

This is why I would keep shadow word death in my hand as a priest

Card card card THE BROTHERHOOD SHALL NOT FALL
*shadow word death*
"I give up"

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Doing some research, and found something interesting (but that I had suspected): Solarium is not a good card for Zoolock. According to HSReplay, it is literally the worst card to mulligan for and second worst to play! Put a Soulfire (or two) in there instead.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Doing some research, and found something interesting (but that I had suspected): Solarium is not a good card for Zoolock. According to HSReplay, it is literally the worst card to mulligan for and second worst to play! Put a Soulfire (or two) in there instead.
Seems counterintuitive. Anecdotally it feels like a great mid game top deck. I run it and two soulfires.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I've been thinking about that honestly, that has been consistently hapening to me... the card isn't cutting it and I often need something to finish off the few life the opponent has

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
The most popular zoolock deck doesn't have any soulfires, which is insane to me.
I consider them core cards. My zoo deck has soulfires and that 1/1 imp with stealth with a deathrattle health boost. No knife jugglers (carpet plus 1 drops + lackeys more than enough to control a board) and no taskmaster. Card feels like it should be a super star but it has two big faults: first I don't want to give my opponent a taunt that will delay probably two minions worth of damage for a turn, second a strength of zoo is there are often no good removal targets for the opponent. Bunch of 1/1s soaking up single target removal. A big turn 1 2/3 is an easy target especially when it dies with an upside.

Oct 25, 2017
Zoo is even more into board control these days and I am not surprised at all if they aren't running soulfire.

I was curious about this use of play winrate. And I asked on comphs for some insight and I agree with them. Play winrate is useless when evaluating an individual card. Solarium is one of the strongest cards in the deck I think.

I would also ignore the fact that it's a low mulligan keep because of the fact that you rarely ever keep draw cards, especially in a deck whose hero power literally draws cards, in the opening hand. Even in rogue you should only keep raiding party if you have prep. Cards that refill the hand are best after you've already emptied your hand, solarium being best when you have enough mana to play all 3 cards. All 3 cards you draw, even if discarded, are considered drawn which can also throw off the stats. Rafaam might have an even bigger impact on the stats since it transforms all your cards. Anyway, I would never cut solarium.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Aww damn. I've been working on my own version of that and it's the first time I've enjoyed ladder in ages (usually focus on arena).

Half the fun is the reaction of my opponents, they often don't seem to work out my plan and I get lots of wows and well played, won't be the same if it's expected.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I was playing Conjurer Mage but stopped when I started seeing too many since I wasn't enjoying the mirror match. I was facing a lot of Bomb Hunter too which seemed like a sort of bad matchup.

I'm currently bouncing between 3 and 2 playing Malygos Hunter which is at least fun. I crafted Zul'jin just for it and I'm tempted to try to play an actual midrange deck since that'd almost definitely just be better.

I kinda want to play more Rogue since it's the class I'm closest to getting a gold portrait for but I'm not too into any of their decks currently. I should maybe bug my friend who made legend with a weird Burgle Rogue deck. I guess he was facing lots of Warriors and it's good against them specifically.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
According to HSReplay, it is literally the worst card to mulligan for and second worst to play! Put a Soulfire (or two) in there instead.
that's not how deckbuilding works dude. i know it looks like that but you don't just go around cutting the 'worst performing hsreplay' card from decks; for a variety of reasons. i'll summarize it best i can here though; solarium is kind of a last ditch effort card. you don't play solarium on turn 1 or 2, or 3. that's not what it's in the deck for. it's in the deck so when you're losing the game, on turn 8, you have a punchers chance to get back in it. the card is amazing for that. the stats do not tell the story behind cards with functions such as solarium, so using them as an end all be all is not a good idea. the card is very unique in its function and is by far the card you want to topdeck if you're out of gas in the late game.

anyway all and all solarium vs soulfire is probably going to affect like 1% of your games, so it really doesn't matter a ton, as soulfire is a high power card as well. i'm just saying it's absolutely not a bad card no matter what the hsreplay stats tell you, as those are biased stats for reasons such as stated above (these are usually cards that you let sit in your hand if you are ahead or have the board, and you play them when you are behind and need to catch up; so by nature the 'winrate' of the played rate of the card is going to be extremely biased compared to say, a 1-drop you're dropping on turn 1 no matter what opponent you're facing).

the 'hsreplay worst performing card' in many meta decks is actually an integral part of the deck, it's usually just something for a niche function (solarium being the perfect example; it's a card you want to topdeck late game, not something you want in your opening hand)

I think trump made a video explaining this once but I don't remember what it was titled

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
that's not how deckbuilding works dude. i know it looks like that but you don't just go around cutting the 'worst performing hsreplay' card from decks; for a variety of reasons. i'll summarize it best i can here though; solarium is kind of a last ditch effort card. you don't play solarium on turn 1 or 2, or 3. that's not what it's in the deck for. it's in the deck so when you're losing the game, on turn 8, you have a punchers chance to get back in it. the card is amazing for that. the stats do not tell the story behind cards with functions such as solarium, so using them as an end all be all is not a good idea. the card is very unique in its function and is by far the card you want to topdeck if you're out of gas in the late game.

anyway all and all solarium vs soulfire is probably going to affect like 1% of your games, so it really doesn't matter a ton, as soulfire is a high power card as well. i'm just saying it's absolutely not a bad card no matter what the hsreplay stats tell you, as those are biased stats for reasons such as stated above (these are usually cards that you let sit in your hand if you are ahead or have the board, and you play them when you are behind and need to catch up; so by nature the 'winrate' of the played rate of the card is going to be extremely biased compared to say, a 1-drop you're dropping on turn 1 no matter what opponent you're facing).

the 'hsreplay worst performing card' in many meta decks is actually an integral part of the deck, it's usually just something for a niche function (solarium being the perfect example; it's a card you want to topdeck late game, not something you want in your opening hand)

Well, Rafaam is actually the "worst" performing card :P

I don't really disagree with your analysis but I also am not convinced soularium pulls its weight in zoolock. It's dead in your hand for too long. It's probably strictly academic, because zoolock is the best deck right now either way.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I use Soularium to give me an extra two cards for my Plot Twist...hopefully when I have an Untamed Beastmaster in play. #kappa

I haven't found any decks I really, really enjoy in this meta. Some come close--I liked Deathrattle Priest the first day or two of the set, and Big Paladin / Big Shaman was pretty fun, but meh... I've probably played Purple's Lackey Burger Rogue the most, well, that and Beast Warlock (lol). I guess I want some deathrattle rogue / priest, something with Talanji (and hopefully Bwomsandi), or something with elementals (all the good ones have rotated out). I'll keep playing a bit and doing quests, but am probably going to have to wait until next expansion for something really fun...

I hope I get the Plot Twist legendary or the Big Warrior legendary--they could be fun.

Last edited:

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I got a golden Dragon Speaker as part of my season rewards. Kinda lame since it seems like it'll forever be underwhelming. Currently have 2 golden Dragon Speakers and a golden Duel! as my only golden epics from this set.

EDIT: Actually got a golden Millhouse Manastorm from my Tavern Brawl pack so I need to come up with some kind of stupid deck now.

Last edited:

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Is it everyone else's experience that immediately at the beginning of the month the ladder becomes unbelievably unforgiving? I fought all the way to Rank 5 last month and now proceeded to go on a 7 game losing streak. Everything seems totally different at the beginning of the month. Is it just a different player pool or something? Why does it feel so different all of the sudden?

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it everyone else's experience that immediately at the beginning of the month the ladder becomes unbelievably unforgiving? I fought all the way to Rank 5 last month and now proceeded to go on a 7 game losing streak. Everything seems totally different at the beginning of the month. Is it just a different player pool or something? Why does it feel so different all of the sudden?
Its always like that, early month means good player that know best deck possible want to rank up fast to get back to legend/rank 5 floor

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017

I'll add that it's likely a huge number of good players are in the rank 5-4 range and you all just got sent back to the same ranks. Lots of people racing back to 5 now.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they are announcing the release date for the single player stuff next Thursday. What a ridiculous release plan this has been.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So they are announcing the release date for the single player stuff next Thursday. What a ridiculous release plan this has been.
just saw it.. well they already said far before RoS release that they were going to release it about a month after, so this is pretty in line.

also I think it was the right idea to release it a month after, to spread out a bit the content instead of having months and months of drought

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really been looking at Control Warrior lists, but are most only running one brawl right now? I was waiting out a second brawl and my opponent didn't have it.

They were also running Nomi, which I thought was kinda clever. Still lost. Farming warriors is probably the most fun thing in the game right now.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really been looking at Control Warrior lists, but are most only running one brawl right now? I was waiting out a second brawl and my opponent didn't have it.

They were also running Nomi, which I thought was kinda clever. Still lost. Farming warriors is probably the most fun thing in the game right now.

I'm running 1 brawl and mechathun. Killed so many dipshit rogues and hunters so far.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm running 1 brawl and mechathun. Killed so many dipshit rogues and hunters so far.
How are you killing off the Mecha'thun? I figure shield slam might not always work. Granted neither class runs silence, so I suppose it wouldn't matter. I could see it being an issue against Mage though. They seem to always discover polymorph against me.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
How are you killing off the Mecha'thun? I figure shield slam might not always work. Granted neither class runs silence, so I suppose it wouldn't matter. I could see it being an issue against Mage though. They seem to always discover polymorph against me.

I find you often have a fair amount of Armor if you're trying to play towards the Mecha'thun out. Against aggro you're just "28 control cards, get rekt buddy".
Usually it's just 9 mana 'Thun + shield slam. The key is managing your draw and playing your crap so you can get there. You don't always need 10 armor either because thun will have rush and can trade into something (unless you really fucked up).

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I don't see any inconsistency with the single player rollout so far. They said it'd be about a month after the expansion dropped, if we hadn't got any news this week I'd start to wonder where it was. I'm really curious to know more about what it'll include. I'm hoping there's a decent focus on story since they're pushing the year long narrative across expansions.

I've been playing Bomb Hunter since I was getting tired of playing against it. It's really good and excellent for climbing since you generally win quickly. It's much better than the Malygos Hunter I was playing end of last month, but that's not too surprising. I did craft Boommaster Flark but I'd been wanting him since Witchwood, even though he always seemed pretty trash.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they already said it was releasing a month after, next thursday it's exacty a month from release, so it's perfectly in line.

I also think they have been talking more, last wee we had a Q&A on the Blizz forums, now, it's still pretty early to tell if they are really better, I want to see on june if they are still talking, they have a tendency to go dark some months after the release of the expansion

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'm really curious what nerfs could be coming. I'm kinda hoping for Dr. Boom since I have that in gold. I'd probably just disenchant and craft a regular one anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what nerfs could be coming. I'm kinda hoping for Dr. Boom since I have that in gold. I'd probably just disenchant and craft a regular one anyways.
I have him in gold too, but I don't think I'd have the heart to dust him. I've only dusted one golden legendary and that was Moorabi.

I think that's the only legendary I've ever dusted period.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Any suggestions for improving this decklist? I got from 16 to 5 with it in the last week of April, but it's not getting it done here in the beginning of the month at rank 10.

AAECAR8ErwSKB+H1AqCAAw3ZB9sJ4PUC4vUC7/UCufgCmPsCqPsC9v0C1/4CiYADzIEDtpwDAA==

Hunter [Standard]
Mana Curve:
0x 2x 11x 6x 4x 4x 2x 1x
Class Cards:
2x Bomb Toss(2)
1x Boommaster Flark(7)
2x Venomizer(2)
2x Fireworks Tech(2)
2x Spider Bomb(3)
2x Ursatron(3)
2x Unleash the Hounds(3)
Neutral Cards:
2x Missile Launcher(6)
2x Replicating Menace(4)
2x Mecharoo(1)
2x Explodinator(4)
1x Zilliax(5)
2x Wargear(5)
2x Galvanizer(2)
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze(2)
1x Leeroy Jenkins(5)
2x Dire Wolf Alpha(2)
6440 Dust

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious what you wanted to see after they told us it would be ~ a month after the release since the original announcement.
Some more info to tease it and a concrete date. We still don't know when it's going to release.

Mostly I disagree with this whole release schedule especially since they are charging and trying to allure you with packs, which are worth less to me now than at release.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think Dr Boom needs to be nerfed, the card is fine, there are other problems with warrior like how insane Omega Assembly is, but Dr Boom doesn't looks as bad to me.

I find far more problems with rogue and that togwaggle pick.

and in any case I still don't find the meta bad after 1 month of the release, I see so much room for improvement in many decks, many of those lists are way unrefined.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Any suggestions for improving this decklist? I got from 16 to 5 with it in the last week of April, but it's not getting it done here in the beginning of the month at rank 10.
### Mech
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Bomb Toss
# 2x (2) Fireworks Tech
# 2x (2) Galvanizer
# 2x (2) Venomizer
# 2x (2) Whirliglider
# 1x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Spider Bomb
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Explodinator
# 2x (4) Replicating Menace
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Wargear
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Missile Launcher
# 1x (7) Boommaster Flark
#
AAECAR8ErwTh9QKggAPylgMNlwjg9QLi9QLv9QK5+AKY+wKo+wK8/AL2/QLX/gKJgAPMgQO2nAMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Here's the list I've used to get to rank 4. I tried out Dire Wolves and wasn't liking them so that might be an easy cut. Not sure Ooze is that necessary since you'll be going hard and fast, and against Rogue I find myself trying to go wider to counter their weapon removing a crucial big magnetized mech.

I think getting Trackings into your deck would help a lot. I often find myself using them to get a clutch Venomizer or finding lethal. They're often easy to fit into a turn too since I seem to float mana often enough as my hand starts to empty or I wait to hold onto more expensive mechs.

I find Whirliglider to be really useful too since I really want to have something to play on turn 2 if possible, and it's better than pretty much everything else aside from a Galvanizer with a couple mechs in hand.

I was running one Unleash the Hounds but cut that since I wasn't facing much aggressive, wide boards and the Nine Lives is really good to have if you're facing lots of Mages since you can use it to get double Spider Bomb deathrattle. Otherwise, it's decent to get an extra Ursatron or Goblin Bomb for more face damage.

Last edited:

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't think Dr Boom needs to be nerfed, the card is fine, there are other problems with warrior like how insane Omega Assembly is, but Dr Boom doesn't looks as bad to me.

and in any case I still don't find the meta bad after 1 month of the release, I see so much room for improvement in many decks, many of those lists are way unrefined.
i would remove rush from dr boom.

the other changes i want to see are

-evil miscreant reduced to something like 1/4 or 2/3
-wagglepick to 3 attack
-conjurer's calling to 4 or 5 mana
-magic carpet to 5 health
-walking fountain to 9 mana
-zilliax loses magnetic

Last edited:

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the list I've used to get to rank 4. I tried out Dire Wolves and wasn't liking them so that might be an easy cut. Not sure Ooze is that necessary since you'll be going hard and fast, and against Rogue I find myself trying to go wider to counter their weapon removing a crucial big magnetized mech.

I think getting Trackings into your deck would help a lot. I often find myself using them to get a clutch Venomizer or finding lethal. They're often easy to fit into a turn too since I seem to float mana often enough as my hand starts to empty or I wait to hold onto more expensive mechs.

I find Whirliglider to be really useful too since I really want to have something to play on turn 2 if possible, and it's better than pretty much everything else aside from a Galvanizer with a couple mechs in hand.

I was running one Unleash the Hounds but cut that since I wasn't facing much aggressive, wide boards and the Nine Lives is really good to have if you're facing lots of Mages since you can use it to get double Spider Bomb deathrattle. Otherwise, it's decent to get an extra Ursatron or Goblin Bomb for more face damage.

I'll try some of that out. The direwolves were definitely lackluster. There's maybe one time I can think they helped a win by enabling a goblin bomb to suicide into an enemy minion. I'm running into a lot of Zoo and Token Druid at the moment so I don't know if I can dump both Unleashes

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
i would remove rush from dr boom.

the other changes i want to see are

-evil miscreant reduced to something like 1/4 or 2/3
-wagglepick to 3 attack
-conjurer's calling to 4 or 5 mana
-magic carpet to 5 health
-walking fountain to 9 mana
-zilliax loses magnetic

I'd be bummed if they nerfed Zilliax like that. Not sure I think Walking Fountain needs to be nerfed yet, or even Magic Carpet. Rogue definitely has cards that are too strong currently. Even just the Wagglepick nerf might be enough to keep them in check since they suddenly wouldn't be able to just dump Dread Corsairs turn 4 after equipping the weapon.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be bummed if they nerfed Zilliax like that. Not sure I think Walking Fountain needs to be nerfed yet, or even Magic Carpet. Rogue definitely has cards that are too strong currently. Even just the Wagglepick nerf might be enough to keep them in check since they suddenly wouldn't be able to just dump Dread Corsairs turn 4 after equipping the weapon.
zilliax is in 50% of decks. he's not over powered but he is over played.

the nerfs to magic carpet and walking fountain are pre-emptive. zoo and shaman get a lot better when there is less rogue and warrior on ladder.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
zilliax is in 50% of decks. he's not over powered but he is over played.

the nerfs to magic carpet and walking fountain are pre-emptive. zoo and shaman get a lot better when there is less rogue and warrior on ladder.
It's just that he's a Boomsday card so him losing Magnetic would feel lame. I'd rather see him just lose Divine Shield or something.

I'll try some of that out. The direwolves were definitely lackluster. There's maybe one time I can think they helped a win by enabling a goblin bomb to suicide into an enemy minion. I'm running into a lot of Zoo and Token Druid at the moment so I don't know if I can dump both Unleashes
Just saw that Bomb Hunter is Tier 1 on Vicious Syndicate's new power rankings. It does look to have bad matchups vs. Token Druid, Zoo Warlock, and Lackey Rogue though.

Oct 25, 2017

I really wish the team wasn't so chickenshit about nerfing and unnerfing cards, and this wouldn't be a problem. Like they could nerf Boom and if Warrior dies because of it, then revert it or find a better middle ground. I'd love to know the reasoning behind not reverting changes to help classes that are in the dumpster or only have one archetype. Like before rotation when Shaman wasn't even being played, why not put Flametongue totem back to 2 and then nerf it back to 3 once the expansion comes out.

I'm not gonna pretend to know how much work they do and what it takes to change code and whatever else in this game, but I'd really like an answer at some point. In my opinion, there's no reason you can't just make changes at will to the cards, it's digital. The only reason I can think of is the tournament scene.
And I don't mean anything absurd like changing cards every 2 weeks or something, I mean when everything is mostly settled and it's been like a month and a half and it's pretty clear that a class is going nowhere or only has one deck to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.