• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was mainly letting of steam, had a run of a few bad matches where I played poorly but felt the other person did too. I just get so salty it's crazy. Anyway, this is the deck I'm running :
### Animal Instincts
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Shimmerfly
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Timber Wolf
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Hunter's Mark
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 1x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 2x (6) Unleash the Beast
# 1x (10) Zul'jin
#
AAECAR8KjQHeBMUI7Qn+DMn4ApuFA+OLA+yWA9aZAwqoArUDyQTZB9sJgQqghQPmlgP5lgOenQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Let me guess, take out Halazzi right? I kinda agree though it has won me matches on occasion.

Any feedback welcome, I have dust to craft whatever.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to keep rolling with midrange hunter I would straight up copy the top deck from:

https://hsreplay.net/decks/#playerClasses=HUNTER&gameType=RANKED_STANDARD

### Midrange Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Timber Wolf
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Shimmerfly
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (2) Headhunter's Hatchet
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 2x (6) Unleash the Beast
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (10) Zul'jin
#
AAECAR8EuwWXCO0Jm4UDDagCtQPeBNkH2wmBCsn4AqCFA6SIA7CLA/mWA56dA8edAwA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/S0FAhf8yzLK8wIfbj02h6d/

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the tavern brawl. The paladin deck with the boom bot aura is really fun.

I'm sure someone will find the most busted combination soon.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've even lost interest in watching my favorite streamers play. I was looking forward to the single player but at this point I think I might just be over it completely.

The "good" news is that I have enough dust to skip a couple of expansions and still not be behind so a break won't ruin me.

Ah well.

Mazre

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the tavern brawl. The paladin deck with the boom bot aura is really fun.

I'm sure someone will find the most busted combination soon.

Voodoo master + boom seems pretty busted. Raptor double copies ALL the deathrattles, which then trigger twice, so copying anything else gives you 6 1-2 dmg explosions + 4 copied deathrattles.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
The job interview dialogues are some PTSD inducing shit lol.
Tried the Warrior deck, but it's basically an unoptimized control without armor gain.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ok the details of the single player:

I hate that they delayed a month this only to release it piecemeal each week.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like what they showed, although I kind of can't shake off the feeling this is just a glorified dungeon run, I'll need to try it out and see.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I've got a similar feeling of this being just enough to justify making it paid. It would've been cool to see them release it free or at least update Rumble Run with some of the features. They keep talking about better tracking but that really should've been in Rumble Run too. It's nice that there's tons of stuff to track in this but I imagine most people will play through a few times, maybe once with each hero. I don't know if I'll feel compelled to play through every deck with every hero.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched the video yet, but saw this on Twitter. A new Whizbang style card that you can earn/craft:

D6JK04sXoAAa9yy.png

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh ok, but they're different than the whizbang decks. I wasn't sure if it was a random deck just for the new single player stuff since it might have OP shit in it, or if they made it so it was useable on ladder too. So they don't have a list of the decks yet? Hopefully they put one out once it releases.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting post by an individual who made it to legend with some cheap decks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/bno7rx/i_played_to_legend_without_a_single_epic_or/

With Rise of Shadows a few weeks old, the meta has stabilized enough to start building some long-term budget decks. To get a proper climbing experience, I timed my budget deck building to the start of the May season, and it took me a total of 10 days (22 hours played) to reach Legend with decks that do not use any Epic or Legendary cards.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any kind of preorder bonus for the single player stuff?

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey thread, wanted to pop my head in here because after a solid 2 year break I'm debating getting back into playing, booted it up yesterday and played a bit. Obviously I don't have any of the new cards, have pretty much a fully fleshed out Classic collection and 3200ish dust sitting around. Wanted to see how everyone is still enjoying the game/meta and what you guys think is the best way to get back into the game. I'd like to avoid spending real money at least for now, which of the expansion packs should I be prioritizing at first and are there any cards I should be looking to craft w/ the 3200 dust I have?

Interesting playing a few casual matches seeing what's been nerfed. 3 mana Fiery War Axe was a real bummer. Thanks for any insight!

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Hey thread, wanted to pop my head in here because after a solid 2 year break I'm debating getting back into playing, booted it up yesterday and played a bit. Obviously I don't have any of the new cards, have pretty much a fully fleshed out Classic collection and 3200ish dust sitting around. Wanted to see how everyone is still enjoying the game/meta and what you guys think is the best way to get back into the game. I'd like to avoid spending real money at least for now, which of the expansion packs should I be prioritizing at first and are there any cards I should be looking to craft w/ the 3200 dust I have?

Interesting playing a few casual matches seeing what's been nerfed. 3 mana Fiery War Axe was a real bummer. Thanks for any insight!

Check my post 2 above yours for some competitive decks on the cheap. Also check the OP resources there are a lot of good site to check out there. I think opening the most recent expansion or 2 is the best card value in most cases.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

👆 That link to filter Hearthstone streams by rank is fantastic. I'm renewing my followed streams.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I'm nostalgic for the days control decks had a lot of weak starts, forced sub optimal plays and hero power pass turns before stabilising.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the Dalaran Heist's launch on Thursday, I imagine we're getting a big patch today. Curious to see the new card backs and whatnot!

well most of it was already shown on the prerelease image back on febrary when it was annoaunced

the only thing I'm really wondering is about the Zayle decks

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Patch is out but still no news yet on Zayle. I will be surprised if it does have exclusive cards, but that would be very cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching this stream for the single player and.... meh. It's definitely been entertaining watching everyone do all this crazy shit, but it just doesn't look much different than what we've had. I guess I'll just have to play myself.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Kinda bummed they are streaming this like this. I like going into the single player stuff unspoiled and then going back and watching the streamers do it for the first time as well. It's funny to see their reactions to some of the OP stuff the AI does. Now they will all be spoiled ahead of time.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Is it right that if you buy the single player with real money you'll have access to all the heroes right away? I thought I saw that in an AMA or on some post in /r/hearthstone. I might just cave and buy it with real money and save my gold. I was starting to think I'd just use up gold but it might be better spent saving it for the next expansion and maybe a couple arena runs.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I haven't watched much of the stream but it definitely looks more like old adventures. It does make me wonder why they have to do the staged rollout when it seems all the chapters are in a releasable state. I wish they'd do something more interesting with the rewards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.