• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Nerfs coming on wednesday. Seems mostly be tackling rogue now.
EVIL Miscreant - Now has 4 Health. (Down from 5)
Raiding Party – Now costs 4 mana. (Up from 3)
Preparation – Now reads: The next spell you cast this turn costs (2) less.
Archivist Elysiana – Now costs 9 mana. (Up from 8)

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, elysianna nerf ensures that they don't get overboard with long matches

and I think warrior don't have as good matchups as rogue has right now.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Good nerfs. Should allow some breathing room for some other deck types. Warrior is definitely under the spotlight now, though.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Can't say I'm surprised Rogue got hit so hard. When you give a class a single set that powerful it's sort of inevitable.

Warrior should have gotten hit harder though.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The archivist Nerf just seems like quality of life and will have absolutely zero impact on any warrior matchups.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will probably make the decks with that card better because they won't waste a spot with banker, lol.
True.

People on Reddit are complaining that the person going second now has a major advantage in the mirror because they can coin out the banker.

If you still play banker just for the times you can maybe coin it out against another control deck your greed knows no bounds.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
I'm fine with everything except for the Prep nerf. Why must us meme thief lackey Rogues suffer for everyone who abuses meta decks? :(

5 Mana Sprint sounds painful

Just get rid of cancer like Token Druid and Murloc Shamans next and give Druids something else viable to play.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Miscreant - perfect nerf.
Raiding Party - not sure it needs a nerf alongside prep.
Archivist - probably should be 10
Prep - damn stupid insistence on keeping basic cards in standard forever ruins another S-Rank card. Hall of fame it for a year then rotate it back in when there aren't a couple rogue spells completely broken by a 3 mana discount.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Can't believe they're finally nerfing Prep, love it. The other changes seem individually minor, but will be great all together. Very excited for Thursday.

In other news, I'm on Chapter II of the Dalaran Heist and really enjoying it, moreso than the past single player content. I already am thinking about repeat runs with Heroic, Anomaly, and unlocking other hero powers. Comparably, I've had little to no desire to replay past single player content after beating it. Has already been well worth the purchase IMO.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd done something to boom or devastators.

True.

People on Reddit are complaining that the person going second now has a major advantage in the mirror because they can coin out the banker.

If you still play banker just for the times you can maybe coin it out against another control deck your greed knows no bounds.

You could probably get away with running Brewmaster because there's almost surely going to be a spot where there's a mech worth bouncing.

I'm fine with everything except for the Prep nerf. Why must us meme thief lackey Rogues suffer for everyone who abuses meta decks? :(

5 Mana Sprint sounds painful

Just get rid of cancer like Token Druid and Murloc Shamans next and give Druids something else viable to play.

Lol Wut.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue's still have Waggle Pick, Edwin, and Shadowstep, they'll be fine. Just less consistent.

And even if they're not and these nerfs horribly cripple the class... then, ha-ha!

Oct 25, 2017
Miscreant should've been 3 health.
Kinda sad about Prep, oh well.
Elysiana should've been 10 but 9 is fine, however whoever has the coin in the mirror has an advantage now.
I thought Raiding Party was fine but whatever
Surprised Wagglepick didn't get hit, but kinda glad it didn't.

I was REALLY hoping Omega Devastator would get hit to 6 mana. I fucking hate Devastator Zilliax combos.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
prep nerf is such crap for wild. what's the point of classic and basic set when every playable card in them gets nerfed eventually.....rotate cards in and out of the classic set already ffs and stop nerfing things

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
prep nerf is such crap for wild. what's the point of classic and basic set when every playable card in them gets nerfed eventually.....rotate cards in and out of the classic set already ffs and stop nerfing things
Or what if... I know this is crazy... they didn't have a set that permanently stuck around forever and could do things like reprint fun basic cards every so often in a "core" set that comes out say... once every year or two. Like other TCGs have done for years and years. Don't fix it if it ain't broke....

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Preparation should have been nerfed sooner to widen Rogue design space.

From G&G, every overvalued (in mana) rogue spell card that did not have the "preparation Tax" was proven to be problematic.

E.g:
Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
Raiding Party
Myra's Unstable element

Those cards were overstatted for their base mana cost and brought to totally overpowered territory alongside Preparation.

Other cases of "Preparation Tax" making a card too fair just because you could prep it:
Thistle Tea
Necrium Vial
WANTED!

However, I would have reduced Sprint and Vanish 1 mana to compensate for the Preparation nerf. Its unlikely these cards will see play now that you cant cheat 3 mana out of them.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Between the new single player content a month after release, the card nerfs, and now June card buffs and a free new legendary, I am loving this new stream of content.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they are on a roll lately with these updates..

but in all honesty, I'm extremely surprise with just 1 fact: they are risking buffing cards...

I longed for this day so much, I really wanted them to get some buffs and see if that diversifies the meta.

they are not changing one or 2 cards, they are buffing 18 cards, and some of those changes are really nice.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
This is what the community has been asking for for AGES. Awesome that they're finally experimenting with it.

18 cards nonetheless.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I hope Sn1p-Sn4p means they are changing their stance on the use of keywords outside their sets, it's so BS they don't want to use them outside of sets just because "it doesn't fit the theme"

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I guess they realized how bad Boomsday was when almost none of the cards were being played, even after the rotation. Should be interesting to see what decks benefit the most from these buffs or what new meta decks might pop up.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, these changes are fantastic. I hope they keep doing rounds of buffs along with nerfs 1 month after release.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong that I'm sad they didn't buff Zerek? Yeah Extra Arms is an indirect buff, but it'd be so nice if I didn't have to wait until turn 8 to safely play Zerek.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Does magnetizing a mech count as playing it? If so priest has a turn 5 OTK with snip snap, coppertail imposter, and reckless experimenter.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
why on earth they are buffing omega assembly? those cards were already insane pulls...

they should nerf omega assembly honestly, 3 mana should be ok for that card. It's so dumb.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Not sure about the Warrior buffs. Looking at their Boomsday cards though, only obvious buff would be Rocket Boots to 1-mana. Warrior got a lot of good cards that set.

The Nullifier and Rover buffs are just kinda silly though. Not good enough that those cards will actually be run so it'll just make discover cards better.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Nice surprise, holy shit!
Buffing some of the cards that fell flat from the expansions last year, probably signaling a power level bump in future sets.
Really intrigued by the Paladin and Mage buffs.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
actually with any mech... priest can run a simple mech pachage to try and stick a mech for the combo, you just need to have 2 cards in hand and a surviving mech by the turn you want to pull off the OTK.

not sure if this will become a problem for the meta

Status
Not open for further replies.