• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The trailer was good. Also a new hero.

giphy.gif

jml

Mar 9, 2018
New Druid hero portrait is amazing, just wish there was a way to get it without spending $80.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about portraits is it doesn't matter if you get it you still get to enjoy them when others use them.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope today's patch fixes the iPad Pro issue. Just bought one last week and it's weird how the game doesn't fill the screen. I read that it was apparently implemented earlier this year, then was broken/reverted in one of the Rise of Shadows patches.

same happened in my PC, there was some weird issue with last patch and I haven't been able to maximize the game window, only put it on fullscreen and I hate that mode

Oct 25, 2017
they are out of ideas. That's understandable, HS is just too simple. I don't know what they could do instead that they haven't done before.
There's a lot of keywords/mechanics that they could just snatch from other games. Hopefully they do so in the future.

The new keyword seems boring as fuck. Hopefully I'm wrong though and it's attached to some decent minions.

Heavenraiser

Oct 27, 2017
And they seem at least easier to do judging by the two we have, they don't actually need a tailored deck, Druid in particular seems crazy easy to have at turn 4, turn 1 play the mission and turn 2 hero power, there, that's 2 turn towards the reward, and druid has a lot of options for turns 3 and 4

Doesn´t "End 4 turns with any unspend mana" mean that at least one mana should still be usable or not spend at the end of the turn? Or am I misreading that?

Heavenraiser

Oct 27, 2017
In this case the loss of tempo might be too much for druid, as the effect could come into play at ealiest at turn 5. Even though we probably have to see how the coin affects the condition. At least druid would need some new powerful choose one effects to be playable besides token druid and maybe heal druid.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the druid quest is certainly interesting, hard to judge because we don't realy know what would be the normal turn in which it is finished, by then it also means we cannot say how usable a nourish would be by turn 6

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Seems to be an awful new bug on iOS from the new patch that I can replicate 100% of the time.

If you're in a match and go into Control Center or the like for even a second, it kicks you out of the match to the main menu, where you then have to mindlessly wait for it to reboot then try to reconnect to the match. It's awful. Anyone else experiencing this on the new patch on iOS?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be an awful new bug on iOS from the new patch that I can replicate 100% of the time.

If you're in a match and go into Control Center or the like for even a second, it kicks you out of the match to the main menu, where you then have to mindlessly wait for it to reboot then try to reconnect to the match. It's awful. Anyone else experiencing this on the new patch on iOS?

did you put the case of the official support forum? may be there they can give you an answer

Sep 14, 2018
they are out of ideas. That's understandable, HS is just too simple. I don't know what they could do instead that they haven't done before.

You know, I used to think this too and then came the year with quests and hero cards, and while hs being simple is technically true, there is a lot they can do, from taking good stuff from other games like lifting rush 1:1 from shadowverse, to coming up with more hs-y unique stuff, they can keep going for a looong time.

And I wouldn't necessarily equate deeper gameplay possibilities with actual fun every time if mtg is the frame of reference, current standard was a swing and a miss to put it nicely, so bad I checked out hs again lol, and I'm finding it pretttyy fun.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The new set looks boring as sin and the first Priest card is a 9 mana generally worse Psychic Scream. Yay.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So each class is probably going to have a hero/villain assigned to it, the Rise of Shadow ones remain.

Warrior: Dr. Boom
Warlock: Rafaam
Shaman: Hagatha
Priest: Madam Lazul
Rogue: King Togwoggle

As of know, Elise we know is Druid

So that leaves Paladin, Hunter and Mage for Sir Finley, Brann Bronzebeard and Reno Jackson.

I want to say that Brann is going to be Hunter (He owns pets and has a gun), Sir Finley the Paladin (Class Murlocs have generally been either Paladin or Shaman related, and with Hagatha taking the Shaman role, that leaves Paladin for Finley) and Reno for Mages? (Probably the weirdest pick for Mage, but I'm guessing he's the one to use Artifacts of wild ancient power the most.)

I dunno, maybe one class has 2 heroes behind it, or maybe not every class gets a hero here, they could be saving one for the final expansion of the year. Mage is the odd one out here, although maybe the Mage role got filled by Khadgar in Rise of Shadows and Reno is just going to be Neutral.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So each class is probably going to have a hero/villain assigned to it, the Rise of Shadow ones remain.

Warrior: Dr. Boom
Warlock: Rafaam
Shaman: Hagatha
Priest: Madam Lazul
Rogue: King Togwoggle

As of know, Elise we know is Druid

So that leaves Paladin, Hunter and Mage for Sir Finley, Brann Bronzebeard and Reno Jackson.

I want to say that Brann is going to be Hunter (He owns pets and has a gun), Sir Finley the Paladin (Class Murlocs have generally been either Paladin or Shaman related, and with Hagatha taking the Shaman role, that leaves Paladin for Finley) and Reno for Mages? (Probably the weirdest pick for Mage, but I'm guessing he's the one to use Artifacts of wild ancient power the most.)

I dunno, maybe one class has 2 heroes behind it, or maybe not every class gets a hero here, they could be saving one for the final expansion of the year. Mage is the odd one out here, although maybe the Mage role got filled by Khadgar in Rise of Shadows and Reno is just going to be Neutral.

Everything falls in line with what we saw in RoS, the evil league is for the 5 classes we already had them in, they are getting quests assigned for those, druid, mage, paladin and hunter are getting the heroes, elyse is for druid, because the quest show her and it's pretty obvious. The rest 3 are unkowns, but brann on hunter makes sense, finley on paladin too.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I don't think I'll pre-order this expansion. I didn't end up playing Rise of Shadows much at all even though it seemed like Blizzard was trying all sorts of new things to keep it interesting. I'm not sure what it was missing but I played way more of Witchwood than Rise. The comparison may not be fair since I never played too seriously before Witchwood so everything was very fresh for me those few months.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say that RoS was one of the best periods of HS in a while. Sure, I'm bored now and most decks out there are miserable to play against, but it took a lot longer to get to this point than before. I really liked how they buffed some cards, nerfed some cards and added snip snap to the game. It shook things up alot. I don't know if they can keep up this pace with content adjustments, but if they do I could see myself enjoying Hearthstone a lot more throughout the year. Heck even changing old card art can go a long way to updating the feel of the game. While I'm not happy with the reasons it's happening now, if they make an effort to give the classic and basic set a face lift for the sake of keeping these cards feeling fresh I am all for it.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of the powerful neutral packages we've had for a while.

Mechs are the current culprit, seeing play in zoo, token druid, warrior, paladin and Hunter.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of the powerful neutral packages we've had for a while.

Mechs are the current culprit, seeing play in zoo, token druid, warrior, paladin and Hunter.

I'm completely fine if they have 2 conditions:

1) not extremely powerful
2) very versatile

and both zilliax and sn1p-s4ap fit the criteria, they are not game changer (unless the aggro deck is low on resources to finish the kill) and they have a lot of ways they can work.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite class was gutted by rotation to the point it basically became non-viable. It got one of its few Deathrattle buildarounds nerfed so the devs didn't have to rebalance a generic goodstuff neutral legendary. It got one of its iconic basic cards hall of famed in the interest of a "class identity" that makes it more bland and one-dimensional (goodbye any possibility of a deck as cool as Dragon Mind Blast Priest). And at the same time you have decks like Conjuring Mage and Control Warrior doing the exact same things the playerbase whined about Priest for before rotation, only less interesting.

No, I did not enjoy the Rise of Shadows meta.

Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with Mechanical Whelp? I think the only time that it's really powerful is when it's discovered off of Boom hero power or Omega Assembly after you've played Boom. Without rush, it feels like a pretty average card and you only want it when it's a high roll off of something. Rarely a card you'd put into any deck.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'm not sure if they are serious about it, but goodness it's stupid
Pretty sure it's mostly serious. They were really upset with the changed Jaina portrait too. I just unsubscribed from the sub since I'll hear about big news from other sources and most posts are terrible. When there is a genuinely funny joke/thought it is quickly run straight into the ground.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The whole concept of a succubus is pretty misogynistic and gross. I'm pretty happy to see that change.

Status
Not open for further replies.