• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2018
Today I drafted what I thought was a pretty good Priest deck, then went 0-2 to a Mage that randomly generated Nozari through like 5 RNG effects and then a Rogue that just answered everything nothing unusual there, but then I won the next 12 games, yay!

arena.png

Im not sure if a post like this is ok cause I dont see anyone else making them but I just figured everyone here is over stuff like this lol. Arena is fun!

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today I drafted what I thought was a pretty good Priest deck, then went 0-2 to a Mage that randomly generated Nozari through like 5 RNG effects and then a Rogue that just answered everything nothing unusual there, but then I won the next 12 games, yay!

Im not sure if a post like this is ok cause I dont see anyone else making them but I just figured everyone here is over stuff like this lol. Arena is fun!

Nice job. Never got 12 wins myself, coming back from 0-2 is nutty.

Sep 14, 2018
Yaboosh thanks! I was ready for it to be over any moment lol. Such a good idea to do Arena rotations, for years they left the format alone and the first big intervention I remember was that forced synergy thing where every deck's first and last picks were always book wyrm, auctioneer and coldlight seer... Nice to see team 5 got better at dealing with Arena.

Though I think the rewards need some kind of update or change but I'm not sure what, this 12 win run gave me only the pack and a bunch of gold which I think is the best outcome but there is a lot they can do with that, like after 10 wins you get a ticket or guaranteed golden epic, or one of the boxes for 12 wins has 5 packs or something idk.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Mike Donais confirmed that Reno is the Mage hero and Finley is the Paladin hero. We already know Elise is the Druid one so that leaves Brann as Hunter.

I know those were the generally expected class/hero pairings but now we have it confirmed.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

arena.png

Nice! Just a good, balanced deck. I always post about my 12 win runs (since there's about 2 years between them, normally :P).

Oct 25, 2017
ok so, the data mining says a pretty interesting brawl is coming up with the fire festival, a kind of hybrid of Adventure and brawl.

Also special quests are coming with the festival, keep those slots somewhat clean for when it starts.

I'd like to keep some slots open...if I could play the fucking game.

I haven't been able to get on since the update. Just looking at the tavern doors forever. Someone let me in 😥 , I thought the tavern was always open

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017

Congrats. I've played since beta and hit legend multiple times. I only have one 12 win arena. It's a big accomplishment and worth posting here.

Also feel free to join the discord server. It's not super busy, but a great place for random discussion that might feel out of place in the forum:

ResetEra Hearthstone Discord Server

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is slow enough that literally anything hearthstone related should be appropriate. I like seeing y'all get crazy achievements.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to keep some slots open...if I could play the fucking game.

I haven't been able to get on since the update. Just looking at the tavern doors forever. Someone let me in 😥 , I thought the tavern was always open

this is really weird, did you uninstall the game and installed again? from where are you trying to enter?

Oct 25, 2017
this is really weird, did you uninstall the game and installed again? from where are you trying to enter?
Yeah I ended up doing that. I looked it up and it seems there were a lot of other people with the same problem. Some said it would only work one time after they reinstalled and then it would go back to not working. Fortunately, it seems to be working fine for me now. Just wish I didn't have to go through the hassle.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I ended up doing that. I looked it up and it seems there were a lot of other people with the same problem. Some said it would only work one time after they reinstalled and then it would go back to not working. Fortunately, it seems to be working fine for me now. Just wish I didn't have to go through the hassle.

I've never had to go to that meassure, but yeah, it's a lot of GBs, but fortunalely you got it sorted out

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. rogue is better at getting multiple pulls off of things like lackey generators via things like shadowstep.

Actually looking at currently existing battlecries i think you can easily build a deck with massive value (just about anythign + barist) but I'm not entirely sure how you go about flipping the board back in a tempo matchup using this hero power.

Maybe the power level of cards we play to get the reward is good enough that we don't need a big tempo swing from using the hero power

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't want to sound hyperbolic but I wouldn't be surprised if that card ends up nerfed in some way before too long. Two Sludge Slurpers is already 4/6 on progress which is nuts.

I guess it's probably not Caverns Below level by any means but it seems like it could draw a lot of ire from the community.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems fair at a glance. I mean you have to use 2 mana in the first place. I'm trying to think of what really busted shit there's gonna be. Giggling will be fantastic. Getting 6 damage off of Hagatha will be fucking huge.

I think giving up 2 mana might be too much of a tempo loss to just gain some value off of certain battlecries. Unless it immediately effects the board, I'm not sure I'd want to do it, or I'd have to already be ahead.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
hagatha will replace the hero power, huge anti-synergy since they both compete for hero power value.

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't activate the double battlecry before the hero power is replaced? Is there any way to experiment with something like this with current cards?

I'm definitely not familiar with all mechanics and how they interact

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't activate the double battlecry before the hero power is replaced? Is there any way to experiment with something like this with current cards?

I'm definitely not familiar with all mechanics and how they interact

you'd get your battlecry but either hagatha or your quest is only going to get a few cards. I think you just run new hagatha, shudderwock, lackeys, etc. Forget about hero hagatha with the quest.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The nutty things that could be done with that quest.

Brann and spirit of the shark were absolutely must kill targets when they entered the field, this gives an unavoidable way to activate that.

The cost hinders it a lot, but I still think this can make a very interesting value centered deck.

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely would but that still doesn't seem great.
you'd get your battlecry but either hagatha or your quest is only going to get a few cards. I think you just run new hagatha, shudderwock, lackeys, etc. Forget about hero hagatha with the quest.
Oh yeah it's definitely anti synergy, but I've seen people do stupider and greedier shit, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

....I know I'm gonna do it...I can't resist another board clear. It's just gonna be sad to look at the card just sit in my hand. Gonna be like holding DK Rexxar while waiting for Zuljin. Feels like shit.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how that shaman quest works with Electra, Still only twice or do you get 3 spells now? How was it handled in Rathstaken and Rise of Shadow adventure runs?

Other good cards, Sludge Slurper is nuts with 2 lackeys that give 2 battle cries each, and helps complete the quest fairly early on as well. Hagatha and Kragwa will be even stronger than before. Bog Slosher if you want to run that I guess gives a minion +4+4 (Plus really helps in completing the quest earlier as well), Giggling Inventor gives more HELLO, Someones going to craft something scary with Da Undatakah, Sunreaver Warmage can do 8 direct damage to face now with a spell that costs 5 or more in hand... oh hey Storm Chaser, thanks for tutoring that spell for us. Barista Lynchen gives even more Battlecries back. Witchwood Piper can let you draw through you deck quickly and assist in finishing quest sooner (essentially since it's going to draw Sludge Slurper if you haven't already got it). Life Drinker deals 6 to opponent and heals for 6, Omega defender can be a 22/6 (Lol). And that's before we even see the new battlecries for Shaman this deck.

Of course, you do have to sacrifice Hagatha Hero Power and some cards won't work with Shudder. But yeah, that's a scary quest that is.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
came up with these cards for a battlecry shaman off the cuff.
The early game needs to be shored up and some stuff might wind up cut but I think there are good arguments for basically every card in there.
Storm Bringer is in on a hunch I have that the shaman plague will be an aoe hex as well as its synergy with lackeys
Figuring out the reactive cards to include is always tough when you don't know what the meta is going to be.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions:

1. Do older dungeon run modes, like the ones from Kobolds, Witchwood and Rumble use new and updated versions of cards that were released after that mode? E.g. can rise of shadows cards appear now in the kobolds and catacombs dungeon run, for example?

2. For old adventures, like naxxramas or Black Rock mountain where you build your own decks to beat challenges: can you use all the sets that have been released since or are there some restrictions?

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Two questions:

1. Do older dungeon run modes, like the ones from Kobolds, Witchwood and Rumble use new and updated versions of cards that were released after that mode? E.g. can rise of shadows cards appear now in the kobolds and catacombs dungeon run, for example?

2. For old adventures, like naxxramas or Black Rock mountain where you build your own decks to beat challenges: can you use all the sets that have been released since or are there some restrictions?

1: I think the runs are "land locked" so new cards won't show up.

2: you can use all sets which, in some cases, makes some challenges laughably easy.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
The early game needs to be shored up and some stuff might wind up cut but I think there are good arguments for basically every card in there.
Storm Bringer is in on a hunch I have that the shaman plague will be an aoe hex as well as its synergy with lackeys
Figuring out the reactive cards to include is always tough when you don't know what the meta is going to be.

Brightwing seems like it would be pretty useful in a quest deck.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Questing Explorer is the one I'm questioning the most, as it's basically a river crocalisk when you finish the quest and this deck will probably be finishing it fairly early on. Menacing Nimbus might be a better call as it's a 2/2 that adds a random elemental to your hand, which becomes 2 elementals after quest completion.

I would recommend throwing in Witchwood Piper in there so you can more consistantly get your Sludge Slurpers earlier in the match.

Also, throw in Archivist Elysiana so you don't have to worry milling yourself with too much Card Draw. Espicially if you are going to run Shudderwock.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
So now that Hearthpwn is dead, what is the go-to site for catching up on card reveals?

Evidently someone purchased Hearthpwn and it's not dead.

That said I recommend:

Out of Cards: Deck building, sharing, news and forums from ex-HearthPwn team.

It was started by the previous moderator at Hearthpwn.

I also recommend everyone to check out the OP because I have been updating it frequently and it has a lot of great websites. It might be the best selection of Hearthstone websites in one place anywhere on the internet. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.