• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Mage quest looks stupid and not very strong, but you know I'm gonna play it anyways because that stuff is my jam.

Weaponized Wasp looks great, easy early drop for tempo gain.

Bees looks solid I think? Was a bit tough to understand all the uses, even with the clips they showed.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bees looks solid I think? Was a bit tough to understand all the uses, even with the clips they showed.

looks like a very flexible card, it targets a minions and then summon bees, then the bees attack the target, if it is a mecharoo then one bee dies killing the mecharoo and then the rest of the bees (3) remain on the board.

it works towards controlling the opponents board and also building a token board

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wait... if bees can attack your own minions.... that means it can work in a lot of ways, I mean, it could do wacky things like attack a zilliax to heal out of range of the opponents next turn...

this card is nuts.

Oct 25, 2017
the mage quest I don't expect to be played on competitive at all...

giving random spells just doesn't work towards anything. It'll be pretty fun, but i don't think it'll work on competitive
If any of the current Mage decks are still being played next expansion, I can definitely see this being played. I mean mage already doesn't do shit for 2 or 3 turns, so why not play the quest on turn one. Discounted mage spells should never be underestimated.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If any of the current Mage decks are still being played next expansion, I can definitely see this being played. I mean mage already doesn't do shit for 2 or 3 turns, so why not play the quest on turn one. Discounted mage spells should never be underestimated.

the current mage decks have a load of random spells because the way mana cyclone works, it basically allows to cast a bunch of spells without shortening the hand, the random spells are nice, but they are not the goal of the deck, the goal is to keep hands big to play mountain giant and conjurer's calling, sometimes the spells can help, but they are not neccesarily the endgoal.

although, if casting all those spells and then getting new spells continiously from the hero power can actually help towards that goal, then yeah, this could probably be added to that deck, but I doubt it could work

Oct 25, 2017
the current mage decks have a load of random spells because the way mana cyclone works, it basically allows to cast a bunch of spells without shortening the hand, the random spells are nice, but they are not the goal of the deck, the goal is to keep hands big to play mountain giant and conjurer's calling, sometimes the spells can help, but they are not neccesarily the endgoal.

although, if casting all those spells and then getting new spells continiously from the hero power can actually help towards that goal, then yeah, this could probably be added to that deck, but I doubt it could work
I get all that, but what I'm saying is that since you don't do anything on turn 1 anyway, why not play it anyway? If you finish the quest, then cool, but if you don't then you don't. You also don't even need to play it on turn 1 if you're concerned about hand size not being big enough.
My thing is that it seems like it can just be completed very naturally and you don't have to go out of your way to do it and if you don't do it, then you still have ping, which is one of the most useful hero powers in the game

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get all that, but what I'm saying is that since you don't do anything on turn 1 anyway, why not play it anyway? If you finish the quest, then cool, but if you don't then you don't. You also don't even need to play it on turn 1 if you're concerned about hand size not being big enough.
My thing is that it seems like it can just be completed very naturally and you don't have to go out of your way to do it and if you don't do it, then you still have ping, which is one of the most useful hero powers in the game

I think there might be 2 reasons for that... this card in the opening hand means 1 less card to deal with potential threats overall, specially against aggro, and also depending on who goes first it is from 25% to 33% lost card value since the quests will take 1 spot. Often times in the pasts quests were mulliganed because of an inmediate threat, it all depends on how it works this time around

the other one being that it replaces hero power, so the ping becomes unavilable.

both of those instances are circumstantial, so yeah, it still might work well in the end

Oct 25, 2017
I think there might be 2 reasons for that... this card in the opening hand means 1 less card to deal with potential threats overall, specially against aggro, and also depending on who goes first it is from 25% to 33% lost card value since the quests will take 1 spot. Often times in the pasts quests were mulliganed because of an inmediate threat, it all depends on how it works this time around

the other one being that it replaces hero power, so the ping becomes unavilable.

both of those instances are circumstantial, so yeah, it still might work well in the end
Yeah you know what, I always forget how prevalent aggro is during the beginning of an expansion and anything that even slightly slows you down doesn't really work for at least 2 weeks.

I'm wondering how aggro will do though since Warrior is likely still gonna be really strong

Oct 25, 2017
So what do you get if you beat Rag in under an hour? I did it easily, but since I started it and finished it 5 hours later, I guess it didn't count -_-

I doubled up on the give your opponent curse cards and it made the run trivial. Pretty much 26 guaranteed damage and usually a lot more.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So what do you get if you beat Rag in under an hour? I did it easily, but since I started it and finished it 5 hours later, I guess it didn't count -_-

I doubled up on the give your opponent curse cards and it made the run trivial. Pretty much 26 guaranteed damage and usually a lot more.

4 wins get's a Uldan Pack, 8 wins gets The Ragnaros Card Back if you didn't get it when it was first given out, under an hour gives a Golden "Bronze Herald" (https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Bronze_Herald) and under 40 minutes gives a golden "Recurring Villain" (https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Recurring_Villain)

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
I like how they've learned not a single thing from previous dungeon runs where the first 7 fights are stupidly easy and then some silly RNG causes you to lose the last game and you can start all over again. Yay!

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
32 minutes with Boom. I think bomb warrior is the easiest clear especially if you get the passive to start with three bombs or Deathrattle x2.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that bad overkill mechanic means you can do a lot of weird things with bees... like setting up a ticket scalper and drawing 6 cards with bees

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
e1404e9e.png

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well certainly less defensive than weapons project, but ot could be used to kill an inmediate threat, at face damage cost.

Cards like this might be the reason blade flury doesn't apply the poisonous to the damage.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Wait but how... overkill doesn't work when the overkill minion is attacked only when it attacks.
That's wrong. The only restriction on Overkill is that it only activates on your turn. We can already see this in play with mass Hysteria. If your Overkill minion is attacked with Mass Hysteria their Overkill effect will trigger.

PS Rogue plague is trash

Oct 25, 2017
That's wrong. The only restriction on Overkill is that it only activates on your turn. We can already see this in play with mass Hysteria. If your Overkill minion is attacked with Mass Hysteria their Overkill effect will trigger.

PS Rogue plague is trash
Yeah that interaction was in a recent Trolden video. I've also had that shit happen to me in a match.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that is a pretty nice card for the taunt priest... of course the body itself can dilute the pool, but damn, reviving and giving it reborn is huge for 1.5 mana

Oct 25, 2017
I think you want reborn on deathrattles or things that work at 1 hp, less on things that just soak 1 damage and do nothing. It's a trickier card than first glance imo. Stats are horrible for a 4 mana minion so you want huge impact form it's bc.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Relying on highrolls never really works. Barnes hasn't been run for highrolls in a very long time. It's only really ever run when it's guaranteed to hit something you want it to hit.

Cards like this have to be in a deck with guaranteed value for it ever to see play. But if you run two all of the sudden you don't have guaranteed value.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
So there's always the curve play, Blademaster into this card. Low cost deathrattles don't really cut it but at 6 mana you can start dropping mech whelp and hope you hit that. Reborn and blademaster both synergize with healing cards like CoH which suggests cleric for a cycle package even though cleric will dilute our pool.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Beat the Tavern Beal in 39" 57' with Dr. Boom. Phew!

My 5 year old iPad Mini 2 was really struggling keep up a decent frame rate near the end. I'd have been so upset if I missed the 40 minute mark because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.