• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Probably going to try this list tonight, looks fun.

I just had a pretty insane game with it. Tess was 1 mana due to galaxy... I played avenging wrath and tess in the same turn, then shadowstepped it... played a efw turns later with pyroblast in hand to finish if they didn't concede from being at 2 hp. And I was like 30+ due to getting armor off this warrior minion I kept getting back.

Yes, it's a very fun deck!

Ithaca

Oct 28, 2017
Shaman and Rogue Quests, Reno and the Warlock Lackey legendary in about 35 free & gold packs.

The new Whizbang decks have been fun to play around with.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
107 packs opened:

Untapped Potential (free)
Raid the Sky Temple (pre-order legendary)
Dinotamer Brann
Reno the Relicologist
High Priest Amet
Corrupt the Waters
Hack the System
Zephyrs the Great

Crafted the Priest quest with some of my dust. Really enjoying playing the Blizzard pre-made deck for it.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I have determined highlander even paladin still doesn't have quite enough decent cards to make work, even in wild. But highlander murloc paladin is pretty good.

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I thought I'd have more time to preorder. Oh well, I'll just buy the packs at regular cost. Gotta keep up with that meta!

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
### Egg-Lackey Zoo Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Mecharoo
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Scarab Egg
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) EVIL Recruiter
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (3) Neferset Thrasher
# 2x (4) Diseased Vulture
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
#
AAECAfqUAwKPggOCpQMOMPUF2QexCMII9v0CxIkDtJEDiJ0DtZ8D+6QD/KQDgaUDvaYDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Would Murmy (that's the 1/1 Murloc Reborn, right?) be better than Argent Squire? It's a better target for EVIL Genius and double tick for Knife Juggler.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
My golden legendary was Elise the Enlightened. It seems theoretically powerful to have a 5 mana 5/5 duplicate your hand, but I can't think of what deck to use with it.

I could just make a midrange token or midrange beast druid for it maybe, but it feels like there has to be something more specifically good with that card.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
xvsioZc.png

My quest rogue deck is pretty fun. Seems strong as well.

AAECAaIHBLIC6/ACkpcDp6gDDbQB7QKbBYgH3QjH+AKPlwOQlwP7mgP+mgP1pwOqqAOtqAMA

I like it! :D

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I thought reborn pally might have been good but I haven't seen it anywhere yet. I tried it a bit in wild even though I don't think there's much wild only stuff for it, and it still seemed ok.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My golden legendary was Elise the Enlightened. It seems theoretically powerful to have a 5 mana 5/5 duplicate your hand, but I can't think of what deck to use with it.

I could just make a midrange token or midrange beast druid for it maybe, but it feels like there has to be something more specifically good with that card.

In wild? I'm sure there's some silly combo that's not quite as good as all the other silly druid combos.
xvsioZc.png

My quest rogue deck is pretty fun. Seems strong as well.

AAECAaIHBLIC6/ACkpcDp6gDDbQB7QKbBYgH3QjH+AKPlwOQlwP7mgP+mgP1pwOqqAOtqAMA
It's taking me forever to complete the quest. Like at least 8 turns in my first eight games.

Oct 25, 2017
In wild? I'm sure there's some silly combo that's not quite as good as all the other silly druid combos.

It's taking me forever to complete the quest. Like at least 8 turns in my first eight games.

Damn, most games were pretty rare for me taking that long I think.

Sometimes as short as turn 4 actually. Twinspells and echo cards really accelerate completion too.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Well granted it's only at rank 12 to 10 but so far I'm undefeated playing kibler's Reno mage deck. Lots of fun.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Yogg's mystery box seems pretty good. I mean, it's litterally just pre-nerf yogg but without the requirement to feed it spells. It's probably even better that there's no 7-5 minion attached so no removals are wasted on it.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Hey, everyone. Hope you got some good stuff!

Phewwww, I got some baaaaad cards. lol

Scored the Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, and Rogue quests, then King Phoaris, Octosari(?), Elise, and Vaseena.

Rogue quest is probably the best drop. Elise and Vaseena are OK, but I'll never use Vas.

Really want the Druid and Shaman quests, and the Rogue legendary. Not enough singleton support to really play it but I wanted the 2/3 wish dood too. Paladin quest looks fun too.

Kind of a disappointed, but not really. Want to play DR Rogue, Quest / Big Spell Druid, and maybe Quest Shaman. Only enough dust for two legendaries though...

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
share that decklist, bro
### Reborn pally
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 1x (1) Desperate Measures
# 2x (1) Glow-Tron
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 1x (1) Redemption
# 1x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 2x (2) Micro Mummy
# 2x (2) Mysterious Blade
# 2x (3) Call to Adventure
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 2x (4) Annoy-o-Module
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (5) Mechano-Egg
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 2x (6) Mechanical Whelp
# 1x (7) Kangor's Endless Army
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
#
AAECAYsWCIwBpAPx/gKggAP5kwOKmgOTpQPfqQMLtPYC1v4C2f4C4f4CkYADkJoDtJsDoKEDxaED8qUDyqsDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
here you go sir

by the way the only reason i put colossus of the Moon in the deck is to be a win more card.

Oct 25, 2017
I replaced Cairne with Colossus of the Moon in Muckmorpher Shaman and goddamn. Getting that shit off of Eureka or Muckmorpher feels real good. Played a Warrior that had to deal with 8 of them. Was funny watching the struggle

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Yogg's mystery box seems pretty good. I mean, it's litterally just pre-nerf yogg but without the requirement to feed it spells. It's probably even better that there's no 7-5 minion attached so no removals are wasted on it.
it seems to be hot trash in arena FYI IMO, waaaay too many spells that will buff your opponent or hit your own stuff in the current arena mix, only good for praying for a psychic scream or something

def won a game cos a priest mind visioned mine and ended up getting the hunter +2/2 to a beast as their hero power in a game i otherwise would've ran out of gas in lol

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
My 80 packs were horrendously disappointing. I'm surprised Blizzard still gets away with such player unfriendly rates but I'm the sucker that buys them I guess.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

It is legit. It rarely whiffs and even if it does, being able to do it multiple times a game means you can still catch back up. I've been surprised how well the deck performs. Don't know if it is Tier 1 material, but feels like a potential Tier 2 deck with some refinement.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It is legit. It rarely whiffs and even if it does, being able to do it multiple times a game means you can still catch back up. I've been surprised how well the deck performs. Don't know if it is Tier 1 material, but feels like a potential Tier 2 deck with some refinement.
It's not like you need a specific deck for it. Just any mage deck that lasts to turn 10.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Playing Kripp's murloc pally, it's the only new deck I had all the cards to. lol

It's kind of weird, but it works somehow.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Seems like Quest Druid is what's killing it in standard right now, though that could be a result of the early expansion greedy decks.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Paladin quest(free)
Paladin Finley legend(preorder golden)
Priest quest
Shaman quest
Rogue quest
Warrior quest
Octosari
All legends I opened feel like useless :(

Playing Bomb warrior with adding only two new rushed Mummy in this expansion to farm the greedy quest desk. I got rank 4 right now.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Quest Rogue is going better now that I switched it up to Purple's deck. I was previously using one without Heist Baron Togwaggle since I did not have him, but I decided to craft him, and it is a great card to give you a lot of power late-game. I have had a ton of games where my hand is filled up always because of all the card generation. I like playing Rogue decks. I have played in a lot of fun games and the whole "Generate a card from another class" mechanic makes things fun and refreshing.

I'm only rank 21 at the moment, but I have quite literally not seen a single Paladin opponent yet. I think the class I have seen the most is maybe Shaman, but most of them aren't Quest Shaman, and either plays a Murloc deck or some other deck. Aside from the Druid and Priest quests, I do not see the other quests get placed a lot. I have maybe run into one Warrior, Hunter, and Mage quest deck and then quite a few Druids/Priests. I have seen a lot of interesting decks like a Zerek Priest deck that crushed me and a singleton Hunter that pulled an insane Zephrys which won him the game.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got 13 legendaries and 7400 dust, think I'm set for this expansion and won't even need to dust my wild cards.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok the deck asmodai was running yesterday with king phaoris and naga sand witch is really good and really fun, it's not rare to find the hand with 2 5 mana pyroblasts and just ready to kill the opponent on whatever turn they are below 20 health.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Free Quest - Mage Quest
Pre-order 1 - Golden Priest Quest
Pre-order 2 - Golden Tekahn

Opened 210 Packs:
Sir Finley
Octosari
Vessina
Warrior Quest
Armegadillo
Warlock Quest
Hunter Quest
Colossus of the Moon
King Phaoris
Golden Brann

Anyone else get all the legendaries they didn't want and none of the ones they wanted? (Except for Brann, go Highlander hunter!)

At least I didn't get the bare minimum again. I guess that's an improvement. And maybe Vessina might see play...

Status
Not open for further replies.