• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot about triples after the tutorial, I'll try and remember now lol
And the secret tip that the tutorial doesn't give you is that, when you play a golden card (created after getting a triple), the card you get to discover is always one tier higher than your current tavern level. So, you want to make sure that, if you are going to level, you do it before you play the golden card. It sometimes makes sense to hold a golden card in your hand for a turn so you can level the tavern.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So, you want to make sure that, if you are going to level, you do it before you play the golden card. It sometimes makes sense to hold a golden card in your hand for a turn so you can level the tavern.
Not always. It depends on your build, hero and point of the game. Knowing the pool of minions and in which rarity are more useful minions for your particular game is way more important than just going for the highest rarity.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Not always. It depends on your build, hero and point of the game. Knowing the pool of minions and in which rarity are more useful minions for your particular game is way more important than just going for the highest rarity.
Yeah, that's true. If you're playing demons, you want to cash in your goldens at tavern level 4 so you can try to get Malganis, for example.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't agree with kripps list, for example jaraxxus gave me almos always a top 4 win.

Also, I think I'm underestimating murloc, got second place this last match just becase my opponent adapted the whole board into divine shield poisonous, couldn't do anything to that team
Lol they disabled the tavern brawl. Guess some bugs were happening.

Blizzard doing a great job lately.
iOS users were having crashes entering the brawl.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't agree with kripps list, for example jaraxxus gave me almos always a top 4 win.

Also, I think I'm underestimating murloc, got second place this last match just becase my opponent adapted the whole board into divine shield poisonous, couldn't do anything to that team

iOS users were having crashes entering the brawl.

I think that murloc line up rarely happens. Megasaur has a lot of variance after all. I usually do not get anything nearly that good.

Oct 25, 2017
So do I get to do the brawl again? lol

I didn't read the rules right and went 1-3 but the rewards didn't pop up and I didn't get the losing screen but I may have gotten a pack to open?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I was deep in a match of Battlegrounds on my phone, but needed to drive somewhere and I didn't want to quit, so I just let it play out without doing anything when there were 4 players left. The match went on for another 15 minutes and I ended up getting second, lol.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was deep in a match of Battlegrounds on my phone, but needed to drive somewhere and I didn't want to quit, so I just let it play out without doing anything when there were 4 players left. The match went on for another 15 minutes and I ended up getting second, lol.
Sometimes at those endgane turns there is little to do, specially when the strategy was already built up on the past turns.
Often times on the engame I keep just rerolling to just fish something better, but more often than not I just sit with pretty much my same board

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes at those endgane turns there is little to do, specially when the strategy was already built up on the past turns.
Often times on the engame I keep just rerolling to just fish something better, but more often than not I just sit with pretty much my same board
Yeah, I think I tend to make things worse by tinkering toward the end.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Playing Standard for the first time in a couple months and just...yikes. I can see why nobody is playing this game right now lol. Blizzard fucked up really bad adding in all those overpowered cards.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Standard for the first time in a couple months and just...yikes. I can see why nobody is playing this game right now lol. Blizzard fucked up really bad adding in all those overpowered cards.
The cards are fine, the main problem is how shaman can evolve into huge boards, all others classes have more balanced plays

If anything, evolve should go.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
The cards are fine, the main problem is how shaman can evolve into huge boards, all others classes have more balanced plays

I think the thing keeping me from even trying to play is N'Zoth honestly. Shaman being broken I could probably deal with but I like to play slower decks and the idea of every slower deck in the game running N'Zoth is just not enticing in the least.

I also think Zephyrs is flat out a problem card at this point so that's contributing as well.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the battleground on mobile is very frustrating. you want to play your hand you have to click on your hand first just like main game, problem is that when you have selected your hand you can't buy or sell unit. you have to tap away first then do that then tap again on your hand to play it, it's so annoying and for me is impossible when you get so little time and you have to do many things later in a match. It's really unnecessary thing carried from the main game. Hand size here is small all the time. It feels very sluggish and slow to play. On PC you can go so fast with seamlessly drag and dropping, I think it could work like that on touch too but they made it feel worse and very slow because of this. No reason it shouldn't work like that

Also all the modern phones have a tall aspect ratio, this game is still stuck in 16:9, basically a third of the screen on the sides is unpopulated and it's just the extended background. They could make the interface less cramped. It's not like this game runs well on old phones anyway

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the battleground on mobile is very frustrating. you want to play your hand you have to click on your hand first just like main game, problem is that when you have selected your hand you can't buy or sell unit. you have to tap away first then do that then tap again on your hand to play it, it's so annoying and for me is impossible when you get so little time and you have to do many things later in a match. It's really unnecessary thing carried from the main game. Hand size here is small all the time. It feels very sluggish and slow to play. On PC you can go so fast with seamlessly drag and dropping, I think it could work like that on touch too but they made it feel worse and very slow because of this. No reason it shouldn't work like that

Also all the modern phones have a tall aspect ratio, this game is still stuck in 16:9, basically a third of the screen on the sides is unpopulated and it's just the extended background. They could make the interface less cramped. It's not like this game runs well on old phones anyway
Have you tried the tablet mode? I mean, on phones the game becomes really small, but most of those annoyances are absent there

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I would have liked to be able to choose out of 3 heroes in Battlegrounds, but don't feel like spending money on a mode I probably won't enjoy playing (standard).

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got 4 Lightfangs in a Battlegrounds game lol. Those early buffs are game winning.
Yesterday i had a really really awful team, well into 8 coins I still had a murloc tidehunter from back on my first turn, and a golden mounted raptor. I got a lightfang, a single one, on early turns, that lightfang was buffing a +8/+8 each turn because I had some other mediocre units, that lightfang was booting my board like crazy, I ended up winning with 23 health with those mediocre units. Lightfang is just huge

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Dunno what that means exactly but the cards they added are going away when the new set comes out. Guaranteed new meta.
Apologies. After significant power creep in early Magic sets, they made one of the most milquetoast sets in Magic history to try and reset. Homelands was reviled at the time, has gone on to become the worst set in Magic history (there are a few others), but actually saved the game.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies. After significant power creep in early Magic sets, they made one of the most milquetoast sets in Magic history to try and reset. Homelands was reviled at the time, has gone on to become the worst set in Magic history (there are a few others), but actually saved the game.
Kinda how I percieve witchwood, yeah I know gen and baku were HUGE problems, but overall that expansion lowered the power level of the game a lot, if we had followed the mammoth sets power level the game could be in much more trouble.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks tame compared to Mammoth cards, lol.

Yeah, but witchwood felt, and still feels, like a huge huge downgrade in power level, it's like they wanted to reset from.that set, the following sets after that one were a little bit more powerful than the last one, but witchwood to me still feels like the weakest set after TGT, speaking in power levels, of course.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday i had a really really awful team, well into 8 coins I still had a murloc tidehunter from back on my first turn, and a golden mounted raptor. I got a lightfang, a single one, on early turns, that lightfang was buffing a +8/+8 each turn because I had some other mediocre units, that lightfang was booting my board like crazy, I ended up winning with 23 health with those mediocre units. Lightfang is just huge
Yeah Lightfang is crazy good. Especially if u can find an Amalgan, which is a free buff target.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but witchwood felt, and still feels, like a huge huge downgrade in power level, it's like they wanted to reset from.that set, the following sets after that one were a little bit more powerful than the last one, but witchwood to me still feels like the weakest set after TGT, speaking in power levels, of course.
Sure. Rastakhan's Rumble was pretty weak, too. TGT will always be the worst. Fuckin' joust, man...

Oct 25, 2017
There is a large power drop pretty much every year. They do not need to do some crazy reset because they have been doing smaller ones with a lot of sets. This meta is a bit different, because of the set of strong cards each class got, but I would not say it is even as high powered as it was in the past anyway. One reason it is not as high pwoered is because of nerfs to cards over time. Mana wyrm, cold blood, preparation, just to name a few nerfed cards.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that still surprises me to this day is to see how strong N'zoth continues to be after so many sets, it either speaks bad of the past as a balanced and carefully constructed meta, or really well about how they have come to balanced the sets to keep consistency across many sets (N'zoth and the old gods were always meant to be huge power cards)

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
I think I have an addiction problem thanks to Battlegrounds. Just one more game x infinity for me this week.

Oct 25, 2017
I won with toki and then won with mukla. Crazy thing with mukla win was I got beat up early hard. Then dumped all my bananas into amalgam. Got hit to 1 hp... and then won like 6 straight and not even close.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Opponent had two hp and I'm at seven. I had six minions on board. They have no answers, so they just throw down rag. Rag goes face...

spongebob.jpg

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Battlegrounds patch coming tomorrow. The 4 new heroes will replace the two best and two worst heroes. The two best are apparently Mukla and Milificent.

They are also changing the points awarded/lost after matches, so you'll gain more points for wins and lose more for loses.

Junkbot will go to tier 5 and Nightmare Amalgam will be dropped (in BG only) to 2/2, but that's probably not happening in this patch.

Oct 25, 2017
I almost won a BG yesterday but lost due to Ragnaros hero RNG :(

Finished 2nd again just now, damn patchwork and 90 health minions and a 30/30ish foe reaper :|

I was in first place the entire game with Manastorm until the last 2 matches against patches =/

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Going by experience, telling people to go for mechs don't go well, because there is enough variance in the game to never find the mechs needed to win in a lot of games, best advice is to get in a single tribe except murlocs and hopefully try to get some key minions that become game winning, like brann, lightfang, even amalgam

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, or beasts

Going demons or murloc has been bad
Just won with demons. Second place was murlocs (and it was close). You have to be flexible in this mode. Identifying opportunities to switch strategies is important. Starting out with Murlocs and then switching is a great strategy, since you can get 2-3 huge poisonous minions that will carry you to the end.

Plus, just going full menagerie can work, too.

EDIT:

Also, I hope people understand that in this mode, there is a fixed pool of minions. Every junkbot someone else takes decreases the chances you'll be offered one. Pay attention to the other players in your game.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just won with demons. Second place was murlocs (and it was close). You have to be flexible in this mode. Identifying opportunities to switch strategies is important. Starting out with Murlocs and then switching is a great strategy, since you can get 2-3 huge poisonous minions that will carry you to the end.

Plus, just going full menagerie can work, too.

EDIT:

Also, I hope people understand that in this mode, there is a fixed pool of minions. Every junkbot someone else takes decreases the chances you'll be offered one. Pay attention to the other players in your game.
What works best for me is use whatever early, usually beasts since they got some good 2 star units to carry u through the midgame. Then continue with beasts or switch to mechs if I can find a Cobalt at 3. The Hydra + a Lightfang is also game winning and fits in every comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.