• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dragon's Pack and Lightforged Crusader...

giphy.gif

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This set looks insane in powerlevel, flavor and fun... can't wait for release, I want to play to many decks

I hope this sweet pirate warrior deck works well on meta

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
This might be the most unexpected card of the set:
kobold_stickyfinger.png

I think this is an auto-include in all decks for a while. There will be so many weapons with Galakronds around.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
This might be the most unexpected card of the set:
kobold_stickyfinger.png

I think this is an auto-include in all decks for a while. There will be so many weapons with Galakronds around.
Oh man, forgot about the Galakrond weapons. That makes this so much better. Lot of powerful cards in this set, hopefully it makes standard better. Bring back UnGoro!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it just a 5/2 claw? Doubt that's worth including this, outside of maybe control decks.
Probably a 5/1 because there is no way the galakrond player isn't hitting something if this becomes anything popular at all.

I don't think the galakrond weapon will make that any popular either.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck that's a lot of new shit.

YESSSS to Sylvanas hunter hero!! My queen. I got really excited seeing her as a hero in the blog post, then disappointed that it was just a BG hero, then happy again when you scrolled down and saw she was coming as a regular hero too! With new art to boot. Love it. Instant buy.

I know I'm part of the problem.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
"Coming Soon – Galakrond's Awakening:
The final battle in the Year of the Dragon's solo adventure story is Galakrond's Awakening, coming this January! We won't spoil too much, but we hope you're ready to battle E.V.I.L. (or good) and collect 35 new cards! More details on Galakrond's Awakening will be coming soon."

Holy SHIT, it's basically a traditional adventure in January!! 35 new cards with it! This is incredible!

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
New shop interface, Echo fix, wild packs/adventures with gold, 35 new cards in Jan, extensive patch notes and fixes / new content for Battlegrounds, Tyrande free.

Great start of an expansion.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Lol battleground performance on phones is getting worse. Good job team.
At least they acknowledge it in advance and they're working on it. Bèta and all that.

Is this also the first time we're getting dust for cards that weren't directly nerfed? People wanted this for stuff like Yogg and Tess when that mechanic changed. It's nice to see Blizz do this.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this patch is HUGE... lots and lots of new things..

I'm sad that I already have tyrande and I can't chose a new hero to get, would have loved to get sylvanas that way.

Also really smart of them to rotate the hero skins, may be offer ones from bundle later on to get people the chance to get the ones they missed.

I'm still undecided if I want to but any of the current ones, loved magni, but honestly after deathwing I won't change my warrior hero anytime soon.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
"Copies of cards with the Echo keyword can no longer cost less than (1). "

Big news for Wild. I'm also really glad to see they are letting you refund cards that are adjacent to the nerf (like Glinda) instead of just a single card.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
first match after the patch got 2nd place with a demon build. Got bulled by an brann build by the guy in first place, his minions was way to big to kill.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Can't believe all the changes they are making to the battlegrounds heroes - genuinely surprised by the amount of them. Most disappointed by the AFK changes, still a cool mechanic but less so. Just not sure it was necessary to make so many.

Haven't had the update on mobile yet.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Update just hit on amazon, been update for a few minutes. If it's on amazon I suppose it is on all platforms by now

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Been awhile since I checked in. I haven't seen more than a few cards in this set, but still ready to pre-order. Excited to get back into the game with so much going on these days.

Anybody have some ideas for the new |OT| title? The last one turned out to be pretty spot on.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
got first place with a nutty combination of murlocs, managed to get bagurgle at the very edge of the game, seems like a fair minions, but couldn't manage to see how powerful he is because I already had the game won by that point

baz'hial is fun to play, her hero power seems much better now and hoarding gold on early turns can make a huge turn around on the later turns, at a point I was last place with 15 health and from there started climbing like crazy until I won.

Been awhile since I checked in. I haven't seen more than a few cards in this set, but still ready to pre-order. Excited to get back into the game with so much going on these days.

Anybody have some ideas for the new |OT| title? The last one turned out to be pretty spot on.
some shitty suggestions

|OT| well you wanted dragons, didn't you...
|OT| oh look, constructed is a mode...

Oct 25, 2017
Saw some weird shit on kripps stream. He was playing Rafaam and had 2 of those new murlocs (+4+4 battlecry/deathrattle or whatever) on the board and got another from the hero power, but they didn't combine initially. He then purchased a completely different minion and then the murlocs combined. Very strange. I'm wondering what would have happened if he put it in to play first. Would he have possibly gotten the buff and then they combined and then he could've gotten the buffs it again?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What's actually live today out of all the patch features? Just the battleground updates?

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
They've been posting about battlegrounds reset on reddit - everyone over 5500 rating will be put down to 5500 and everyone else is likely to be uplifted. If you are over 5500 you are in the top 1% of players.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Saw some weird shit on kripps stream. He was playing Rafaam and had 2 of those new murlocs (+4+4 battlecry/deathrattle or whatever) on the board and got another from the hero power, but they didn't combine initially. He then purchased a completely different minion and then the murlocs combined. Very strange. I'm wondering what would have happened if he put it in to play first. Would he have possibly gotten the buff and then they combined and then he could've gotten the buffs it again?
I think this is intended. It prevents the hero power from activating unwanted triples out of your control, kinda like how Zerus doesn't Triple unless you play the third minion. You mostly wouldn't want a triple Amalgam, for instance. I imagine he would get the buff from playing it before the triple happens, yes.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the murlocs combined after he purchased a different minion entirely? That's weird, yeah.
Rafaam seems so busted in battlegrounds.
He is, it basically costs nothing to play. I guess his hero power will be nerfed to 2 mana in the future at least, still strong but not neutral in terms of gold gains. VanCleef also seems really strong, kinda like Daryl. You dance less, but can give targetted buffs. Turns out doing that on a strong minion repeatedly is strong.

I'm happy with battlegrounds still, they keep it fresh and aren't afraid to introduce new stuff / nerf old stuff. Balance isn't perfect, but as long as multiple strategies are viable (like the deathrattle build I see more often now), I'm satisfied.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You get 3 packs of descent on logging in to a fireside gathering bringing the free total up to 8. You also get your galakronds.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it takes no time at all.

But you don't need to do a fireside gathering to get the 3 packs. You'll get that at release if you wait.

I just got 3 packs without being in a FG, I didn't win the BGs invitational pack, so I have 7, so I think this is just the log in free packs, just a bit early for general people

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
open packs, 169, got the following:
chenvaala
malygos
mindflayer kaahrj
alexstrasza
shuma
dragonrider talritha
nithogg
bandermosh
valdris felgorge
acharrr

Still have 8.6k gold waiting to be used....

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Cracked open 108 packs = 7 Leggos

Goru the Mightree
Mindflayer Kaarhj
Valdris Felgorge
Zzeraku
Nozdormu
Alexstrasza
Shu'ma