• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We should adjust the release clock to correlate with the inevitable server lag we'll get.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I feel like Floop is being a little overrated. It really only fits in one deck (Malygos Druid) and that deck is already tier 1, so how much of an impact can Floop really have?

I feel like cards like Wargear, which will likely be everywhere, are going to be more impactful overall than a one-of card that can only slot into one deck.

I don't know, mayne. Everyone likes to ride that Malygos train, but you can grab another Hydronox, Lich King, Primordial Drake, Carnivorous Cube...pretty much anything you need. Cenarius, Greedy Sprite, Zilliax, Splintergraft, Faceless Manipulator, Countess Ashmore...whatever. If it has a powerful battlecry or deathrattle, you can copy it. Can only run a one-of in your deck, now you can have two. It's crazy. CRAZY!

Sure, you'll have to change your deck around and, sure, it may be over-rated, but I think it fits in most Druid decks. I mean, damn, in Token it could spawn Treants or be another Fungalmancer or Giggling Inventor. In Ramp it can be a ramp creature if you run it, LK, Drake, MC Tech, Bright-eyed Scout...it's flexible and powerful.

Good luck with your pack openings everyone! may you get the legendaries you want!

Yeah, mayne, you too!

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random question: what's the state of Hearthstone at the moment?

I just gave up just after Kobolds & Catacombs came out and just went cold turkey. Haven't logged in once this year, haven't read anything about the game either. My sanity and wallet are better for it but I was just curious if it's still the same old song and dance or if it picked up a bit after Ben Brode left?
the general reactions i've seen to the last expansions meta has been a lot more positive than any in recent memory. some people really hate taunt druid but i personally think the meta was one of the most enjoyable in ages. there were decks for every class that were fun to play, and for once none of the classes felt so hamstrung that you wouldn't bother considering even playing them, eg warrior after pirate bit the dust

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Expansion drop is almost here!

birdman-rapper-rubbing-hands.gif

Can't wait to open up some new cards!

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Random question: what's the state of Hearthstone at the moment?

I just gave up just after Kobolds & Catacombs came out and just went cold turkey. Haven't logged in once this year, haven't read anything about the game either. My sanity and wallet are better for it but I was just curious if it's still the same old song and dance or if it picked up a bit after Ben Brode left?
The most recent balance patch did wonders for the game in both standard and wild. The top tier was diverse and constantly changing, while not feeling too much like rock paper scissors compared to something like the Quest Rogue days.

Aggro is really weak right now in standard too, which people have been asking for forever. That might have been a "be careful what you wish for" sort of thing because of time commitments, now that 10 minute games are the norm and 5 minute games are the exception, but it's still nice for a change.

Don't know what boomsday will do to it.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the appeal of pack streams where the streamer opens 300 or more packs. Getting every card for sure but super slowly oh yay.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got golden mecha thun for my pre-order golden, kangor minion for my login bonus and floops gloop for my first ten pack legendary.

Waiting to get home to do the rest.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Got Dr Morrigan as my login legendary, Subject 9 from my first 10 packs. As an f2p player this expansion might be a little bit of an uphill climb for me.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Ugh got Myra Rotspring as my free Legendary, useless.

Opened 40 packs and got Stargazer Luna and Zilliax, much better than I normally do. Will open my other 40 later.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ok my game is lagging so much! this is the first time I see this since last expansions the patch was release late on mobile

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Got Dr Morrigan as my login legendary, Subject 9 from my first 10 packs. As an f2p player this expansion might be a little bit of an uphill climb for me.
just play wild, using subject 9 in a secret hunter deck (which isn't expensive at all) is going to be bonkers, a hunter that can draw 5 cards in an azure drake? and has a way to play them free? oh and it's a beast? absurd

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the general reactions i've seen to the last expansions meta has been a lot more positive than any in recent memory. some people really hate taunt druid but i personally think the meta was one of the most enjoyable in ages. there were decks for every class that were fun to play, and for once none of the classes felt so hamstrung that you wouldn't bother considering even playing them, eg warrior after pirate bit the dust
The most recent balance patch did wonders for the game in both standard and wild. The top tier was diverse and constantly changing, while not feeling too much like rock paper scissors compared to something like the Quest Rogue days.

Aggro is really weak right now in standard too, which people have been asking for forever. That might have been a "be careful what you wish for" sort of thing because of time commitments, now that 10 minute games are the norm and 5 minute games are the exception, but it's still nice for a change.

Don't know what boomsday will do to it.

Fair play, sounds like it could be worth keeping an eye on. I'll watch some streams and see how this expansion looks.

Thanks for the replies.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
just play wild, using subject 9 in a secret hunter deck (which isn't expensive at all) is going to be bonkers, a hunter that can draw 5 cards in an azure drake? and has a way to play them free? oh and it's a beast? absurd

Ooh that's actually an interesting idea, thanks. Gonna try something like that out.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I guess you get the preorder golden legendaries through packs? No way i'm lucky enough to get double golden legendary by chance in my first 20 packs.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I guess you get the preorder golden legendaries through packs? No way i'm lucky enough to get double golden legendary by chance in my first 20 packs.
You should've gotten them when you logged in, after the free class legendary minion (or hero card).

I got Dr. Morrigan as my freebie which sucks but I did get golden Dr. Boom and Zerek's Cloning Gallery (maybe that'll turn out to be OKish).

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
50 packs, here's what I got:

Flark's Boom-Zooka (Golden)
Luna's Pocket Galaxy
Crystal Smith Kangor
Zerek's Cloning Gallery
Electra Stormsurge

Free Golden: Solarium
Free class Legendary: Boommaster Flark

Overall pretty happy. Better legendary count than last expansion.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bad luck for me. Opened the 83 packs and only got 3 legendaries (apart from the free clash legendary and free gold legendary for preordering).

Got 2 of the legendaries I wanted though, Solarium and Myra's Unstable Portal, so that's nice.

It looks like they didn't reset arena runs with this expansion. Guess that makes sense cause there was no rotation. So I'll be continuing my 7 win run after work.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
You should've gotten them when you logged in, after the free class legendary minion (or hero card).

I got Dr. Morrigan as my freebie which sucks but I did get golden Dr. Boom and Zerek's Cloning Gallery (maybe that'll turn out to be OKish).
lol wow.

Relogged in and I now have golden versions of Luna's Pocket Galaxy, Crystalsmith Kangor, Myra Rotspring, and The Storm Bringer. Unfortunately none of them seem that great, but still nice.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My pull on 90 packs

Free class legendary
Dr Boom Mad Genius

Packs
Floops Glorious Gloop
Boom Master Flark
Stargazer Luna
Zerek's Cloning Gallery
Harbringer Celestia
Whizbang
Golden Subject 9
Mechathun

Overall pretty happy could have done without Whizbang and Celestia.

Oct 25, 2017
Golden myra's unstable element, now if I only made and posted a deck for that :thinking:

Also gold star gazer + normal zerek

And now it's time to open all these packs (got boomship in first 10)

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
good quantity for 53 packs opened.
subject 9, myra rotspring, and glorious goop not exactly what i want tho.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
do i drop an oaken summons from hadronox to play floop....bad against aggro but so much value, tough call for wild

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My haul off 82 packs:
The Boomship
Luna's Pocket Galaxy
Myra's Unstable Element
Boommaster Flark
Harbinger Celestia :((((

Free legendary was Zerek.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Dog get in the winning situation and then fuck up the combo every time with OTK priest is great.

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I really got lucky with my legendary pulls today, first I got Dr. Morrigan for free (meh), but then:

Golden Whizbang!

I also got other good cards that I wanted like Luna's Pocket Galaxy and Soularium. Dr. Boom is really cool, too, but I don't play Warrior at the moment.

My legendaries from 82 packs:

Dr. Morrigan (free)
Whizbang (golden preorder)
Subject 9 (after 9 packs)
Luna's Pocket Galaxy (16)
Soularium (32)
Kangor's Endless Army (41)
Zerek's Cloning Gallerey (45)
Dr. Boom, Mad Genius (70)

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Free Legendary: Electra

44 packs opened
Boomaster Flark
Storm Bringer
Luna's Pocket Galaxy
Stargazer Luna
10x unique epics

Overall pretty happy! Looks like Mage will be the best place to start, might craft the good doctor Boom soon and give warrior a whirl.

Dr.Horrible

Oct 27, 2017
Opened my 133 packs and ended up with:

14 legendary (includes 3 bonus ones that popped up before I opened any packs)

26 epics.

Legends include:
Stargazer Luna (bonus)
Zerek's Cloning (Golden bonus)
The Soularium (Golden bonus)
Dr.Drorrigan
Whizbang
Zilliax
Flobbidinous Floop
Flark's Boom-zooka
Kangor's Endless Army
Luna's pocket Galaxy
Electra Stormsurge
Dr. Boom
Zerek's, Master Cloner
Crystalsmith Kangor

Pretty damn happy ;)

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does everyone get Dr Boom? Or did I just get lucky? Said I had a new Lab Partner and gave me a reward when I opened it up.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Free: Crystalsmith Kangor
Bundle: Golden Flark's Boom-Zooka
Bundle: Golden Mecha'Thun

Wanted Mecha'Thun. Meh at the other 2. Will open my packs after work tonight.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am ona 3 game with streak with this, not much, but I am having fun, and I love Evolve Shaman, and this a MEGA EVOLVE SHAMAN

### Custom Shaman

# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Mecharoo
# 2x (1) Voltaic Burst
# 1x (2) Earthen Might
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Primalfin Totem
# 2x (3) Feral Spirit
# 2x (3) Microtech Controller
# 1x (4) Replicating Menace
# 2x (4) Storm Chaser
# 2x (4) Thunderhead
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Giggling Inventor
# 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer
# 1x (7) The Storm Bringer
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAaoIBvPCAuvPArDwAqH4Apj7Avb9AgzTAe4B8AexCJMJkcEC68IC4vgC6voCj/sCnP8CjIADAA==

Status
Not open for further replies.