• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Only opened 81 packs
Free quest: Making Mummies

Opened:
Octosari (8th pack)
Zephrys (40th pack)
Golden Brann (46th pack) <instantly dusted>
Golden Tekahn (47th pack)
Vessina (61st pack)
Siamat (74th pack0

PS Combo priest is at least a little nutty right now.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
As I usually do, I forgot "Wild" is separately listed in the crafting menu. I ended up deconstructing all of my wild legendaries and crafted a quest shaman deck.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet quest rogue is bad when all is said and done.

And murloc paladin seems like the jankiest fucking deck. So weird and random.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Anyone try Big Spell Druid? There are only a few druid decks I've enjoyed over the years, but the Kharazan-era Spell Druid was one of them. Sounds weird, but it really fuflfilled the hybrid fantasy I had back playing druid in WoW back in Vanilla and Burning Crusade.

I don't have the Druid Quest (though I want it) and am wondering if it's needed. Maybe I'll just homebrew it, but I suck at deck building. Really jealous of people who don't have to rely on netdecking.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Anyone try Big Spell Druid? There are only a few druid decks I've enjoyed over the years, but the Kharazan-era Spell Druid was one of them. Sounds weird, but it really fuflfilled the hybrid fantasy I had back playing druid in WoW back in Vanilla and Burning Crusade.

I don't have the Druid Quest (though I want it) and am wondering if it's needed. Maybe I'll just homebrew it, but I suck at deck building. Really jealous of people who don't have to rely on netdecking.
Yogg Druid was maybe my favorite deck in the history of hearthstone too.

I'm not sure yet if druid quest is correct to run in big spell druid, but because it's basically a Fandral Staghelm replacement, it makes it feel a lot more like yogg druid to have it. And besides, it seems to be a strong card anyway.

I don't feel this is properly refined yet, but I think it's a good start toward yogg druid revived in standard.

### Big Spell Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Untapped Potential
# 2x (1) Worthy Expedition
# 2x (2) Dreamway Guardians
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) BEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 1x (3) Wardruid Loti
# 1x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Garden Gnome
# 1x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Violet Teacher
# 2x (5) Starfall
# 2x (5) Sunreaver Warmage
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 1x (7) Overflow
# 1x (8) The Forest's Aid
#
AAECAaa4Awj9AvIF5Aiu0gK/8gLTnAP4oQPbpQMLVl/+AfcDxAaFCNOYA8qcA6+iA9yiA+2iAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Yogg Druid was maybe my favorite deck in the history of hearthstone too.

I'm not sure yet if druid quest is correct to run in big spell druid, but because it's basically a Fandral Staghelm replacement, it makes it feel a lot more like yogg druid to have it. And besides, it seems to be a strong card anyway.

I don't feel this is properly refined yet, but I think it's a good start toward yogg druid revived in standard.

### Big Spell Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Untapped Potential
# 2x (1) Worthy Expedition
# 2x (2) Dreamway Guardians
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) BEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 1x (3) Wardruid Loti
# 1x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Garden Gnome
# 1x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Violet Teacher
# 2x (5) Starfall
# 2x (5) Sunreaver Warmage
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 1x (7) Overflow
# 1x (8) The Forest's Aid
#
AAECAaa4Awj9AvIF5Aiu0gK/8gLTnAP4oQPbpQMLVl/+AfcDxAaFCNOYA8qcA6+iA9yiA+2iAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thanks for this!
I played about three games with my list and then crafted the quest. Probably not that good, but whatever, it looks fun.

We share some similarities, but some striking differences. I've only played non-quest so far, so this feedback may not be helpful.

For my big spell package, I'm running Electrowright x 2, Gnome x 2, Anubisath Defender x 2, Warmage x 2, and King Phoaris. Haven't had a chance to cast Electro yet, but the Gnomes kind of feel underwhelming.

Big Spells include Nourish x 2 (which feels slow at 6 mana), Overflow x 2 (feels like a nerfed version of UI + Tyrant), Starfall x 2, and Hidden Oasis x 2.

Supporting cards are Stalladris, Wrath x 2, Swipe x 2, Nomi, and Foop (for Phoaris or Nomi).

It's pretty fun so far, but needs work.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Worked on a hack the system warrior that don't suck ass, this is what i came up with.

### warrior hacker
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Hack the System
# 2x (1) Town Crier
# 2x (1) Upgrade!
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Frightened Flunky
# 1x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Warpath
# 2x (2) Woodcutter's Axe
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Militia Commander
# 2x (4) Restless Mummy
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (6) Armored Goon
# 1x (6) Sul'thraze
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAQcG0gLIA4iHA7ulA/aoA/eoAwxLkAP/A/8H+wyd8AKX8wKb8wLR9QKfoQOCqAP1qAMA
#

Could replace a acolyte with elysiana or nomi if games go to fatigue

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Thanks for this!
I played about three games with my list and then crafted the quest. Probably not that good, but whatever, it looks fun.

We share some similarities, but some striking differences. I've only played non-quest so far, so this feedback may not be helpful.

For my big spell package, I'm running Electrowright x 2, Gnome x 2, Anubisath Defender x 2, Warmage x 2, and King Phoaris. Haven't had a chance to cast Electro yet, but the Gnomes kind of feel underwhelming.

Big Spells include Nourish x 2 (which feels slow at 6 mana), Overflow x 2 (feels like a nerfed version of UI + Tyrant), Starfall x 2, and Hidden Oasis x 2.

Supporting cards are Stalladris, Wrath x 2, Swipe x 2, Nomi, and Foop (for Phoaris or Nomi).

It's pretty fun so far, but needs work.
Quest isn't that hugely important to my deck either, but i find it helpful. Like that nourish is way less slow when it's almost always just 4 mana and often can push you to 10 mana from 6 or 7 while drawing. I feel like everyone playing quest druid is going way too all in on the choose one cards as it is.

For your deck, I think Electrowright is just flat out weak. I don't think a 3 mana 4/4 is worth the slot. Sure it's above the default mana, but you should aim higher with your plays. Nomi feels extremely greedy to me too. I don't think you want to go to fatigue with this type of deck.

King Phoaris, Hidden Oasis, and Swipe are cards I considered, but just couldn't quite fit it. That could change with refinement. Stalladris I'd like to try, but I don't own it and expect it to not be good enough to craft.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Quest isn't that hugely important to my deck either, but i find it helpful. Like that nourish is way less slow when it's almost always just 4 mana and often can push you to 10 mana from 6 or 7 while drawing. I feel like everyone playing quest druid is going way too all in on the choose one cards as it is.

For your deck, I think Electrowright is just flat out weak. I don't think a 3 mana 4/4 is worth the slot. Sure it's above the default mana, but you should aim higher with your plays. Nomi feels extremely greedy to me too. I don't think you want to go to fatigue with this type of deck.

King Phoaris, Hidden Oasis, and Swipe are cards I considered, but just couldn't quite fit it. That could change with refinement. Stalladris I'd like to try, but I don't own it and expect it to not be good enough to craft.

I think you're probably right about EW. The quest version of this list definitely cuts them. I haven't had a chance to play them yet, so I'll probably wait to cut them until then. In my list, Gnome feels bad, but I think your list takes advantage of them better as you look like you're more focused on tokens. For me, the big spell package is the main focus, so I choose what I thought to be the more powerful 5+ spells amd then threw in all of the big spell payoff cards. Cutting EW and GG means only having 5 pay off cards. They're pretty good, just not sure they're worth building around.

Without the quest, my win condition is to try survive long enough for my Phoaris to come on line or get some beats with the 6/6 taunt guys or Anub. Defenders. With Nourish x 2, Wrath x 2, and Overflow x 2, I though I'd reach the end of my deck pretty quickly, so I wanted a back up plan if my King Phoaris board got cleared. The Floop and Nomi are pretty much my back up.

Including the quest might let me use the 3/3 Choose One Rush guys to help control the board. Bees is also an interesting choice. Feels like I just want Arcane Giants in here, or a Fandral. Hidden Oasis feels kind of bad without them.

Stalladris feels great when you can use his power. The Swipes are there to help deal with early boards.

I don't know, I want to play more but am stuck at work. The only druid specific big spell payoff cards are Gnome and Defenders. The latter being great, especially with Nourish / Overflow, the former being meh in my deck. Will tinker withit more later. Thanks for the feedback!

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Nice one. How consistent is it?
It does not consistently whomp opponents for 30 on turn 4 or 5 but it consistently wins games.

The big thing tends to be just focusing on keeping your card draw going. Most of my losses come from gassing out with a hand full of spells because my opponents had clean answers to a big cleric or acolyte.

My winrate earlier in the day was very high. Nownim down to aboutn80% over 30ish games. The thing is im pretty sure im making a lot of bad plays. There are a lot of turns where im presented with multiple lines and its very often unclear to me what the best choices are.

Oct 25, 2017
Well now that I've given up on stupid Warlock nonsense, I cruised from rank 10 to 4 with Quest Shaman.

The early days of expansions are great

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Everything I'm facing is turning to Aggro and it sucks. Hurray for this meta.

Aggro usually dominates early on. People don't like losing. They just want to rank up quickly and the best way to do that is to put a janky, unrefined deck on a super short clock.

It does force slower decks to evolve and refine themselves. Survival of the fittest.

I don't like it either, but what are you gonna do?

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think i have enough Tess Greymane.

WOjEVSW.png

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aggro metas are the best. Playing anti aggro control decks is the best part of this game. I hate control vs control matches.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Murloc Pally is nutso, I couldn't beat it all night, I made the deck and when I hit prismatic on turn 4 the opponent conceded. That's just not fun. Guess it's time to make a "Control for Days" deck

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Aggro meta with Control Warrior as the king for now. I actually had fun playing last night. Warriors are still annoying, but a lot of my test decks can sneak in some wins.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be a bug right now where if you have two quests you don't get a third. Keep the quests clear for now, though if it happens to you I imagine you'll be compensated somehow.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
There seems to be a bug right now where if you have two quests you don't get a third. Keep the quests clear for now, though if it happens to you I imagine you'll be compensated somehow.

Oh, is that a bug? I thought I was having amnesia when I couldn't remember finishing a quest yesterday.

Edit: Just logged in and, yup, no quest again today. FFS Blizzard

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I wanted to play some Priest but didn't have quest so tried out your deck. It's seems really effective but doesn't do anything too different as far as Divine/Inner Fire decks are concerned. This expansion actually added some great tools for it though.

It takes some getting used to with using Psychopomps at the right time. I guess you try to keep them on the mulligan if you have a high health minion you want to hit with it?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I accidentaly finished my second quest yesterday leaving only 1 in the log, guess I had luck because I would have missed the quest today.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Murloc Pally is nutso, I couldn't beat it all night, I made the deck and when I hit prismatic on turn 4 the opponent conceded. That's just not fun. Guess it's time to make a "Control for Days" deck

There's a little Phaoris deck like that one... but it isn't as consistent. But if you're able to get prismatic at turn 4 or 5 - you have a big chance at winning.

I think blizzard is going to have to nerf prismatic.

These decks aren't as fun in the long run (even for me beating people) I like games where both players are going back and forth and it seems even.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Murloc Paladin is fun but needs a highroll on Prismatic Lens to work so I don't think it will be a consistent winner.

Back to back games:

1. Start with BOTH lens in hand. First draw: Tip the Scales. Second draw: Tip the Scales. Instant concede.
2. Lens on 4. Draw Tip the Scales and a 1 mana murloc. GG EZ.

Just the way it goes.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Murloc Paladin is fun but needs a highroll on Prismatic Lens to work so I don't think it will be a consistent winner.

Back to back games:

1. Start with BOTH lens in hand. First draw: Tip the Scales. Second draw: Tip the Scales. Instant concede.

Just the way it goes.
Murloc Pally is very consistent, because it mostly runs only 2x Prismatic Lens and 2x Tip The Scales, so you'll very consistently get it (if you draw the seconds Lens with it, you just play it the turn after and still get Tip The Scales on turn 5).

Topdecking both Tip the Scales is unfortunate, but that doesn't automate in 'it needs a highroll'. Even then you can have early board control with aggro murlocs.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

Back to back games:

Just the way it goes.

It's at almost a 60% win rate on ladder. Yeah, that might come down a bit as the meta settles and decks get more refined. But it is definitely consistent.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
speaking of Murloc Pally, how key is Finley?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
speaking of Murloc Pally, how key is Finley?

I would say not at all, the condition for him to work is not met until very late into the game and it really acts as a finisher just to find the hero power to end the very last life the opponent could have, but in any case the deck already deals huge amounts of damage and often times finley is not needed

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yea taunt warrior doesn't seem as hot as i thought it would be,

and the good that it is, is a different kind of good than i thought it would be

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say not at all, the condition for him to work is not met until very late into the game and it really acts as a finisher just to find the hero power to end the very last life the opponent could have, but in any case the deck already deals huge amounts of damage and often times finley is not needed
i was thinking of crafting him but i figured i'd ask before i did cuz i had a feeling that might be the case. also, it seems that there's a not-low chance of never getting the opportunity to get the battlecry off after playing two copies of Tip The Scales, so i think i'll hold off on spending the dust for now.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Murloc Pally is totally beatable with fairly standard control tools, but it's going to push out literally every midrange deck from the game.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
So looking at the top list on HSReplay for Murloc Paladin, I'm genuinely confused by the inclusion of Zephrys given the amount of duplicates in the deck. Am I missing something? How is this deck played?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So looking at the top list on HSReplay for Murloc Paladin, I'm genuinely confused by the inclusion of Zephrys given the amount of duplicates in the deck. Am I missing something? How is this deck played?
tip the scales pulls 7 murlocs from the deck, thinning and taking out a lot of duplicates, you empty your deck a lot using that card + prismatic lens, so in the end zephrys could very well activate and find the lethal for you

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Priest has been the worst class in standard meta since the year of Dragon. Priest have pretty bad classic set and BLZ HoF mind blast, the only win condition of priest now is Inner fire combo.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
tip the scales pulls 7 murlocs from the deck, thinning and taking out a lot of duplicates, you empty your deck a lot using that card + prismatic lens, so in the end zephrys could very well activate and find the lethal for you
Yeah, that's exactly the point. They play Zephrys to find lethal after all the murlocs are spent.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
That's a pretty cool play style, I'll give the deck a try. Right now I'm busy enjoying Reno Mage and Quest Priest. So much good stuff to try in this set!

Status
Not open for further replies.