• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty cool play style, I'll give the deck a try. Right now I'm so wrapped up enjoying Reno Mage and Quest Priest. So much good stuff to try in this set!
same reason why finley is included, to may be activate it and find the hunter updgraded hero power and win the game, and to a lesser degree nomi, to empty the deck and make a huge finisher

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Using Bomb warrior with 2 new cards of Restless Mummy replace of militia commander.
Enjoying farming so many greedy quest desks ,aggros and control warriors so far.
As I climbed to rank 3, now all my opponents were Yogg Box mage and conjure mage. Disgusting. :/
Winrate:61.5%
### Bomb Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Town Crier
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (1) Omega Assembly
# 2x (1) Eternium Rover
# 2x (2) Warpath
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 2x (3) Clockwork Goblin
# 2x (3) Augmented Elekk
# 2x (4) Wrenchcalibur
# 2x (4) Omega Devastator
# 2x (4) Restless Mummy
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (5) Dyn-o-matic
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (7) Dr. Boom, Mad Genius
# 1x (7) Blastmaster Boom
#
AAECAQcEkvgCoIADm5QDn7cDDUuiBP8HnfACm/MC0fUCg/sCnvsCs/wC9YADl5QDmpQDkp8DAA==
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/zHVOqOuCB9781JTexWejWd/

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks to Murloc desk, all mid-range and combo desks like mid-range hunter,mech-paladin,quest Druid, priest are pushed out of the high ranking meta. That's why warriors and mages are currently best class in the new meta.
Now even quest shaman will play hungry crab in their desk.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying probably too much this palading quest, I honestly think it's a decent deck, I'm very surprised, it performs pretty great against slower decks

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying probably too much this palading quest, I honestly think it's a decent deck, I'm very surprised, it performs pretty great against slower decks
I thought very little of this deck, but when I could'nt remove an Egg and suddenly had to fight an army of eggs and 8/8's, I saw the potential lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Murloc Paladin, my god.

Mind posting your list?
It's definitely not refined or anything, because I keep making different adjustments. I certainly don't think Hex is necessary at all and I would for sure put another Lifedrinker, Questing Explorer, or maybe Giggling instead. Don't get me wrong, Hex has helped, but it would be the first card I would cut.

Earthquake has been decent since nobody expects you to run that.

Plague of Murlocs and Hungry Crabs are an absolute fucking must and are a huge part of why I went on a massive streak. They will rarely ever be dead cards, at least right now with Paladin, Conjurer's Mage, Rez Priest.

Also managed to get 11 wins in tavern brawl with it. 2 of my losses were just too regular ass Bomb Warrior smh. I drew very poorly in both though. Last loss was to a quest Hunter. Dude did like 26 damage in one turn.

### i dunno
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Corrupt the Waters
# 2x (1) Hungry Crab
# 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 1x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Sandstorm Elemental
# 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 2x (3) Plague of Murlocs
# 2x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 2x (3) Weaponized Wasp
# 1x (4) Hex
# 1x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (5) Former Champ
# 1x (7) Earthquake
# 1x (7) Giggling Inventor
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (7) Swampqueen Hagatha
# 1x (9) Shudderwock
#
AAECAaoICt4F/gXv8QLv9wLi+AK5mQO7pQOEpwOQpwPhqAMKuwOKgAOrjAO0kQPGmQOloQPPpQPVpQPhpQP5pQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last edited:

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's definitely not refined or anything, because I keep making different adjustments. I certainly don't think Hex is necessary at all and I would for sure put another Lifedrinker, Questing Explorer, out maybe Giggling instead. Don't get me wrong, Hex has helped, but it would be the first card I would cut.

Earthquake has been decent since nobody expects you to run that.

Plague of Murlocs and Hungry Crabs are an absolute fucking must and are a huge part of why I went on a massive streak. They will rarely ever be dead cards, at least right now with Paladin, Conjurer's Mage, Rez Priest.

Also managed to get 11 wins in tavern brawl with it. 2 of my losses were just too regular ass Bomb Warrior smh. I drew very poorly in both though. Last loss was to a quest Hunter. Dude did like 26 damage in one turn.

### i dunno
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Corrupt the Waters
# 2x (1) Hungry Crab
# 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 1x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Sandstorm Elemental
# 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 2x (3) Plague of Murlocs
# 2x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 2x (3) Weaponized Wasp
# 1x (4) Hex
# 1x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (5) Former Champ
# 1x (7) Earthquake
# 1x (7) Giggling Inventor
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (7) Swampqueen Hagatha
# 1x (9) Shudderwock
#
AAECAaoICt4F/gXv8QLv9wLi+AK5mQO7pQOEpwOQpwPhqAMKuwOKgAOrjAO0kQPGmQOloQPPpQPVpQPhpQP5pQMA
#
Thank you kindly. I'll have to see if I have all the new cards, too.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I'm relenting and playing Murloc Pally to get to the next rank floor before I try and construct a control shaman to counter it.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Yikes, 10 cards needed to craft that deck, Mango, including Siamat. Hopefully, RNG will be kind when opening packs from quests.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Holy crap, I just played a Reno Mage match in the Brawliseum and got Toki off of the raven minion... which then gave me old school RENO. I had it in my hand late game just in case, but managed to win before needing to use him. Absolutely wild match.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That 2 Mana 2/1 that discards your highest cost card and gives you two as a deathrattle is the lowest cost ultra greedy card in the game. It's kind of gross. Two Bloodreaver guldans consistently. Or two nzoth. Don't like it. It's ok my renolock, but don't like the design. Too easy.

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, 10 cards needed to craft that deck, Mango, including Siamat. Hopefully, RNG will be kind when opening packs from quests.
Siamat can be super clutch, but I think there's other cards to slot in as well. I think Bloodlust would be great because you can constantly build up big boards. There's a bunch of times when I'd have a full board and a clear path to the face and just wishing I had Bloodlust. Mayyybe Fire Elemental
That 2 Mana 2/1 that discards your highest cost card and gives you two as a deathrattle is the lowest cost ultra greedy card in the game. It's kind of gross. Two Bloodreaver guldans consistently. Or two nzoth. Don't like it. It's ok my renolock, but don't like the design. Too easy.
Yeah Wild was the first thing I thought of when that card was revealed. I feel like it will become a staple Warlock card.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Siamat can be super clutch, but I think there's other cards to slot in as well. I think Bloodlust would be great because you can constantly build up big boards. There's a bunch of times when I'd have a full board and a clear path to the face and just wishing I had Bloodlust. Mayyybe Fire Elemental
I cannot wait to play around with swaps and stuff over the weekend. I didn't preorder or buy packs this time and I'm already regretting it.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think bloodlust works better in a quest shaman deck because of that reason, I actually have played very few times the siamat, I usually have better plays on the turn I can play it and usually I don't need all the siamat abilities (for example sometimes I don't want taunt)

Oct 25, 2017
Evil Cable Rat always evolves into the fucking 1/1 rabbit. Jfc.

On a more positive note I picked Heroic Innkeeper from Blazing Invocation and managed to double battlecry it on a 5 (I think) minion board. Got a 28/28 out of it. Got to smack the opponent in the face with it too.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
There we go, r5 to legend with combo priest.
OeELTfD.png

Overall stats 43 and 11 or ~79% (when discounting a variant that performed poorly with lots of bad tech choices)

Current list
### Light Combo
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Circle of Healing
# 1x (0) Topsy Turvy
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Lightwarden
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Extra Arms
# 2x (2) Holy Ripple
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Neferset Ritualist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Injured Blademaster
# 1x (4) High Priest Amet
# 2x (4) Psychopomp
#
AAECAa0GAtD+AqmlAw74AuUE9gfVCNEK0gryDPcM+wzl9wKvpQPSpQPTpQOEqAMA
#

Control Warriors and Mages were the worst matchups
Often making a big dude into mage was useful but in early turns it pays to draw and keep doomsayer plays in the back of your mind.
Warrior has such a wealth of removal and their 4 mana rush reborn dude on curve can kill most things you develop. I mostly just make stuff and hope.

Murloc Paladin was okay, you just had to find a pyromancer and a few spells, usually they give you a free turn to develop (lightwarden can be nice here, even an otk)
keep your pyros against paladin.

Pretty sure this deck is the nuts.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
### Cruel Dinomancer
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) Darkbomb
# 2x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (3) Demonwrath
# 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 2x (4) Shadowflame
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 2x (6) Cruel Dinomancer
#
AAEBAf0GAsnCAt/EAg4wigGTAZIHtgfECK0Q/RHKwwKNxwLnywLy0AKI0gL9pAMA
#

Basically just removal and stall to hopefully live until you can fill your whole board with fuel dinomancers that just come back.

Not a good deck but it makes me giggle every time I pull it off.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else running into the Reborn Leeroy Priests yet? They use Leeroy, Embalming Ritual and Wretched Reclaimer for a 9 Mana 3 Card 18 Damage combo to the face.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Mage feels so fun to play right now.

Have a win streak going in Tavern right now, and I feel like Puzzle Box has swung about 4 games I had no business winning.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Armagedillo seems way too good. A 6 mana card that's easy to play in most situations shouldn't have a played winrate over 65%.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Yes Armagedillo is awesome, but what's even better is 2 of them. Or 3.

Started playing control warrior and just with the Shaggy taunt guys, Zilliax and Tomb Wardens, there are always targets. The deck only has 1 omega assembly which is starting to make sense to me now after a few wins, you are pretty much always holding on to 9 cards lol.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Boo. I just lost a game because Leeroy only counts as one summon the hunter quest, even though the quest specifically only says summon, not which player the summon is for.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Yo, even in standard Highlander Quest Hunter is pretty damn good and fun. I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

### Unique Vault
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 1x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 1x (2) Hunting Mastiff
# 1x (2) Knife Juggler
# 1x (2) Revenge of the Wild
# 1x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 1x (2) Snake Trap
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Desert Hare
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Infested Goblin
# 1x (3) Microtech Controller
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Cult Master
# 1x (4) Houndmaster Shaw
# 1x (4) Replicating Menace
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (7) Boommaster Flark
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAYoWHtMBpAPHA6sG2QeXCLEI2wntCYEKgPMC4fUCuvYCmPsCjIADoIADoIUD44sD148Dx50D/KMDnKQD5KQDpKUDpqUD8qUDhKcDmKkD2KkDn7cDAAA=
#

EDIT:Updated deck.

Last edited:

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Sigh - the one quest card I absolutely did Not want and of course I opened that bitch in a pack: Supreme Archeology/Warlock Quest.
Is there anyway to make this work without me having to craft Fel Lord Betrug, Dorian, and 2 Eleks?
I already have 2 Plot Twists but just having those with no Eleks or those other Legendaries, I just can't get this to work. I've only completed the quest once, and even then my Druid opponent was just toying with me. And even then I just don't think it's that great of a quest reward.
Anyone have any luck with this? I'm so fuckin frustrated with it, I'm tempted to dust it based on principal (and to quell my anger) alone, hahaha

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh - the one quest card I absolutely did Not want and of course I opened that bitch in a pack: Supreme Archeology/Warlock Quest.
Is there anyway to make this work without me having to craft Fel Lord Betrug, Dorian, and 2 Eleks?
I already have 2 Plot Twists but just having those with no Eleks or those other Legendaries, I just can't get this to work. I've only completed the quest once, and even then my Druid opponent was just toying with me. And even then I just don't think it's that great of a quest reward.
Anyone have any luck with this? I'm so fuckin frustrated with it, I'm tempted to dust it based on principal (and to quell my anger) alone, hahaha
I won maybe 30% of my games lol. And I haven't lost to any yet. I wouldn't dust it yet though. Who knows what bullshit someone might come up with.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, even in standard Highlander Quest Hunter is pretty damn good and fun. I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

Yeah, I was having good luck with Highlander Hunter without the quest. I was sad to see Kripp grinding to legend because I wanted to stay under the radar.

Definitely interested in trying the Quest version since I got the golden quest in my pre-order packs.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Has Blizzard acknowledged the quest bug? I did get a quest today, after clearing them all out yesterday, but I'm still short two daily quests since the expansion launched.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
What's that look like? I would think magnetic works against the quest, but obviously there are some of the mech cards that would really help towards the goal.

EDIT: Was just looking on hearthstonetopdecks.com and saw https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/vault-mech-hunter-saviors-of-uldum-top-50-legend-wirer/
That's it. I don't have Oblivitron and I do feel like it might be a key part of the deck. Cheating out the deathrattles to both complete the quest and build a board is pretty important.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
I feel like a lot of cards feel overpowered this expansion. I do love it though, but it does feel like it's harder to clear out boards.

My favorite quest decks are quest Druid ones.

Second favorite is quest priest... i want to make this work so bad, but I'm having such a hard time making a good deck. I keep losing frequently. The decks I make seem too slow.

Testing out warlock's quest today.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's it. I don't have Oblivitron and I do feel like it might be a key part of the deck. Cheating out the deathrattles to both complete the quest and build a board is pretty important.

I've seen variants go with the Goblin Bombs as well, it messes up with Nine Lives, but stuff like Boommaster Flark summons 5 minions on the board, and the 4 bombs either have to be dealt with immediately for 8 face damage, or they will be getting the buff.

Seen some also run the Scarlet Webweaver + Tundra Rhino + Swarm of Locust package as well. Scarlet Webweaver first to make the Tundra Rhino cost 0. Then Rhino, Locust to finish up quest with the 7 minions, then the quest hero power to have 22 Burst Damage on 8 mana.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I've seen variants go with the Goblin Bombs as well, it messes up with Nine Lives, but stuff like Boommaster Flark summons 5 minions on the board, and the 4 bombs either have to be dealt with immediately for 8 face damage, or they will be getting the buff.

Seen some also run the Scarlet Webweaver + Tundra Rhino + Swarm of Locust package as well. Scarlet Webweaver first to make the Tundra Rhino cost 0. Then Rhino, Locust to finish up quest with the 7 minions, then the quest hero power to have 22 Burst Damage on 8 mana.
I'm going to play around with the rhino/weaver/locust package. So far my wins have been tempo with a big finisher rather than setting up a swing turn with the quest hero power.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so dumb I didn't realize Naga Sand Witch's effect was a battlecry until several turns after it had died.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they applied a hotfix to the Zephrys AI:

We've recently applied a hotfix in all regions to implement the following bug fixes and adjustments:

• Fixed a bug where Zephrys sometimes didn't handle enemy Divine Shields properly.
  • Fixed a bug where Zephrys sometimes didn't handle Poisonous properly.
  • Fixed a bug where Zephrys didn't consider that buffing a 0-Attack minion would let it attack that turn.
  • Taught Zephrys how Doomsayers work.
    • As a rule, we don't plan to teach Zephrys about individual card mechanics and interactions. However, we've made a one-time exception in this case since having less-than-perfect offerings from Zephrys when trying to find an answer to a Doomsayer could cause you to lose your board or end up with no good plays for the turn.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Thanks for the deck! I was wondering why the inclusion of Cairne, and not maybe, unleash the beast?
Cairne is half the mana of unleash the beast and there's plenty of rush as it is.

After playing it some more, I replaced Explodinator with Cult Master which I think makes the deck a lot better, because explodinator kinda sucks and card draw was really needed. Very easy to make cult master draw cards with this deck.

I also replaced vicious scalehide, rat trap, and tundra rhino with scavaging hyena, siamet, and mountain giant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.