• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2018
How's the meta so far? I want to try some highlander stuff but I don't know if it's any good vs whatever the top decks are doing.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh lol, I just got fucked over by that zephrys hotfix, it did find the perfect answer to the doomsayer lol

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
There's not yet any singleton quest hunters on hsreplay, but I swear it's legit good. I recommend getting in on it before people learn how to respect the infinite wide big attack boards that threaten lethal nonstop. I guarantee it's way better than any of the quest hunter decks on hsreplay right now.

### Singleton Quest Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 1x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 1x (2) Hunting Mastiff
# 1x (2) Knife Juggler
# 1x (2) Revenge of the Wild
# 1x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 1x (2) Snake Trap
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Desert Hare
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Infested Goblin
# 1x (3) Microtech Controller
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Cult Master
# 1x (4) Houndmaster Shaw
# 1x (4) Replicating Menace
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (7) Boommaster Flark
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAYoWHtMBpAPHA6sG2QeXCLEI2wntCYEKgPMC4fUCuvYCmPsCjIADoIADoIUD44sD148Dx50D/KMDnKQD5KQDpKUDpqUD8qUDhKcDmKkD2KkDn7cDAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Cairne is a really weird inclusion.
It's mostly the least bad option for the 4-6 mana range that would only have 5 non-situational cards without it. And it's not like it's that bad, considering the strength of Brann and Zephers that comes with that drawback.

With Cairne, you're still getting a sticky minion with two quest ticks for one card. And it has always been pretty good in midrange decks that win by the other side losing the board or running out of answers, especially in slower metas. If warrior wasn't the best class, I'd probably instantly turn Cairne into a Khartut Defender.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, I feel super dirty right now.

I bought a 60 pack bundle and got 6 legendaries:
- Shaman quest + Armagedillo in the same pack
- Then priest quest
- Then warlock quest
- Then golden Dinotamer Brann
- Then Siamat

Wiibomb was there as witness.
In case it matters, the random cardback chose the default style.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
It's mostly the least bad option for the 4-6 mana range that would only have 5 non-situational cards without it. And it's not like it's that bad, considering the strength of Brann and Zephers that comes with that drawback.

With Cairne, you're still getting a sticky minion with two quest ticks for one card. And it has always been pretty good in midrange decks that win by the other side losing the board or running out of answers, especially in slower metas. If warrior wasn't the best class, I'd probably instantly turn Cairne into a Khartut Defender.
I'm liking your list but swapped Cairne with Mechanical Welp and the 2/3 taunt that gives you scarabs for a Fireworks Tech.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Finished a Brawl run 11-3 with my singleton quest hunter deck. I choked on the last game firing off Boommaster Flark too soon and had no board space with all the 0 attack bombs to complete the quest.

5 out of my final 8 matches were against control warrior.

I'm liking your list but swapped Cairne with Mechanical Welp and the 2/3 taunt that gives you scarabs for a Fireworks Tech.
Interesting. There's not a lot draw to make a lot of different synergies work, but the 2/3 taunt isn't that great anyhow, so it might be better.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Bomb Warriors Boom Mad Genius from a Mischief Maker I picked up off of Blazing Invocation. I'm just wondering how he felt when he got to fatigue and saw that his last card wasn't Boom. I also beat him with some dogshit quest Shaman bomb nonsense. Bomb Shaman beating Bomb Warrior. Feels good.

For Quest Druid, I'm wondering if running Swipe is that right thing to do. Sometimes I just need a little face damage, but can't get there.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Interesting. There's not a lot draw to make a lot of different synergies work, but the 2/3 taunt isn't that great anyhow, so it might be better.
It can really help the quest if you hit a SN1P-SN4P. And it's only 2-mana!

I also tried taking out the Hunting Mastiff for a Sandbinder but maybe it'd make more sense to put in an Ursatron. It's a really fun deck. Feels like there's lots of room for experimenting. Tempted to try to make more Secret synergies work and put in a Hyena too.

I'm still not 100% sure if it's any better than the more straight forward Highlander Hunter. I really like that archetype right now though.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I feel super dirty right now.

I bought a 60 pack bundle and got 6 legendaries:
- Shaman quest + Armagedillo in the same pack
- Then priest quest
- Then warlock quest
- Then golden Dinotamer Brann
- Then Siamat

Wiibomb was there as witness.
In case it matters, the random cardback chose the default style.
It was insane, i saw the notifications popping every other minute, really nice luck there.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It can really help the quest if you hit a SN1P-SN4P. And it's only 2-mana!

I also tried taking out the Hunting Mastiff for a Sandbinder but maybe it'd make more sense to put in an Ursatron. It's a really fun deck. Feels like there's lots of room for experimenting. Tempted to try to make more Secret synergies work and put in a Hyena too.

I'm still not 100% sure if it's any better than the more straight forward Highlander Hunter. I really like that archetype right now though.
Please don't do the secret synergies. It doesn't work with what the deck is supposed to do. The entire reason hunter quest in general is so underrated is everyone seems tempted to do secret or mech synergies that don't really synergize consistantly.

Hunting Mastif is also a card I'd argue you'd keep in. It's so flexable and extremely synergistic with the deck, either as removal or as an attempt to make them run out of aoe damage cards.

Maybe normal Highlander Hunter is better overall, i don't know, but it's a very different deck. I don't think you should compare it. This is a primarily quest hunter deck that is aided by highlander.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I made a wild control quest druid with a few of the new cards, but it's kinda a bummer knowing that if it ever became meta, it'd insta-lose to any controlling deck which ran the otherwise absolutely terrible skulking giest card. Hasn't happened to me yet, but it just sucks knowing it's an option. It's a big example how some of the balances decisions pre-witchwood were quite terrible, and a shame that it seems forever a thing in wild.

### Quest Control Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (1) Lesser Jasper Spellstone
# 1x (1) Untapped Potential
# 2x (1) Worthy Expedition
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) BEEEES!!!
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 2x (4) Ironwood Golem
# 2x (4) Oaken Summons
# 2x (4) Poison Seeds
# 2x (5) Oasis Surger
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 2x (6) Spreading Plague
# 2x (7) Overflow
#
AAEBAaa4AwK0uwL4oQMOX8QGig7LvAKgzQKU0gKY0gKe0gKE5gK/8gKvogPcogPbpQPZqQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last edited:

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
OK I'm getting my ass kicked in arena, any good places where you can get an overview of the current arena meta in one place?
What sets are in play, what's in buckets, what the hell are buckets, class win rates, commonly seen cards, general state of the meta (aggro or control dominating), banned cards etc

It's amazing how little info they give playing on tablet, not even what sets you're chosing from.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
This meta fucking sucks. Everything is highrolling aggressive bullshit or Warrior. If I wanted that, I'd play Wild again.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would bet they are going to nerf some warrior cards next month, there is too much warrior prevalence right now and i aggree, the cards are really good in that class

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Fak, got the Shaman and Hunter quest. Are they any good? Wanted to have some fun with the Paladin quest, but no bueno.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fak, got the Shaman and Hunter quest. Are they any good? Wanted to have some fun with the Paladin quest, but no bueno.

the shaman one is really good, and it's pretty versatile, zalae was using it yesterday and managed to climb to about rank 40 legend with an aggroish version, the hunter one is still dubious, but it might work, I tried it in a hybrid mech hunter deck and it works, but a control deck might end it-

Sep 14, 2018
Control Warrior feels unstoppable, I crafted a golden Boom as soon as it was released last year and never used it until now. Yesterday I went from rank 20 to 8 without losing a single time.

I'm not sure what gets nerfed, every card pulls their weight, they're not touching boom if certain other hero cards are anything to go by, so maybe Armagedillo to 7?

Tbh without Boom the deck would not be able to handle the near infinite value stuff I've been running into. The closest someone got to beating me was some kind of Big Shaman thing where it came down to Elysianas. I'm glad I wasn't around when people were bouncing those, what a nightmare.

Btw I feel really bad when I start playing hs again and have to beat players using bloodfen raptors and such, I switched to a budget rogue list to not make them feel bad about losing to some tier 1 deck.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a pretty big win streak too but the games are taking so long to finish I can't stand playing too many in a row

I've come close to losing when I didn't draw Boom or Armegadillo until late, or to another warrior

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Control Warrior feels unstoppable, I crafted a golden Boom as soon as it was released last year and never used it until now. Yesterday I went from rank 20 to 8 without losing a single time.

I'm not sure what gets nerfed, every card pulls their weight, they're not touching boom if certain other hero cards are anything to go by, so maybe Armagedillo to 7?

Tbh without Boom the deck would not be able to handle the near infinite value stuff I've been running into. The closest someone got to beating me was some kind of Big Shaman thing where it came down to Elysianas. I'm glad I wasn't around when people were bouncing those, what a nightmare.

Btw I feel really bad when I start playing hs again and have to beat players using bloodfen raptors and such, I switched to a budget rogue list to not make them feel bad about losing to some tier 1 deck.
The problem is Boom, plain and simple. Having all your minions have rush is way OP when you can discover them and the mechs themselves are OP as shit. Nerf boom and the whole class gets fair. None of the new cards are a problem, at all.

Survivortype

May 2, 2018
Van City
OK I'm getting my ass kicked in arena, any good places where you can get an overview of the current arena meta in one place?
What sets are in play, what's in buckets, what the hell are buckets, class win rates, commonly seen cards, general state of the meta (aggro or control dominating), banned cards etc

It's amazing how little info they give playing on tablet, not even what sets you're chosing from.
I use the lightforge podcast. They also have a tierlist.

I also check out hs replay before I draft.

Oct 25, 2017

It has to be Boom. There's other cards that deserve to get touched too, but Boom will probably be nerfed. For me personally I want Omega Devastator to get destroyed to an almost unplayable degree. I rarely ever wish for those things or like them to happen, but it's one of the most infuriating cards I've ever played against.

As for what those nerfs will be, I dunno.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
It has to be Boom. There's other cards that deserve to get touched too, but Boom will probably be nerfed. For me personally I want Omega Devastator to get destroyed to an almost unplayable degree. I rarely ever wish for those things or like them to happen, but it's one of the most infuriating cards I've ever played against.

As for what those nerfs will be, I dunno.

Making omega cost 5 or 6, and Boom giving your cost 3 or less mechs rush would still keep both playable

Oct 25, 2017
Making omega cost 5 or 6, and Boom giving your cost 3 or less mechs rush would still keep both playable
I thought about Omega being 6 and that's alright. 5 still let's it be played with Zilliax, which is no good.
Omega just needs to not be a mech and it's instantly fixed.
Yeah this works too, then the 4 cost is whatever. I actually think this is far better since I never have to worry about it being discovered/Omega Assembly again.

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say, fuck Luna's Pocket Galaxy.

Blizzard wants to move away from Keleseth type shit and yet, a turn 5 Luna's and turn 4 Prismatic are some of the most offensive cards I have ever seen in regards to the "you have you win, you don't, you lose :(" cards printed. I guess you could throw Dr. Boom up there as well. I think moving Luna's back to 7 would be a good idea, I also think if warrior is nerfed you got to hit CC. I would like to see Prismatic moved up to 5 just for an extra turn to find my consecrate or Hysteria. Maybe Frost Nova is due for a rotation. I am so tired of freeze effects. It doesn't matter if the mage is bursting me with minion damage or spell damage if they are allowed to ignore my entire board for 3 mana. Freeze imo, is one of those effects that is par with stealth. Conceal was sent away for a reason and Blizzard have been careful not to print those effects again, but for some reason a full board freeze is okay. At the very least make Frost Nova freeze your own minions as well so you actually have to think when you play it.

Here is how I propose nerfing Dr. Boom.
Battlecry: Your mechs have +1 health for the rest of the game. (Armor Plating)
5 armor gained like every other hero card on play, because fuck memes > balance.
Blast Shield: Gain 5 armor.
Kaboom: Fine as is.
Delivery Drone: Summon a random mech.
Micro Squad: Give your mechs rush this turn.
Zap Cannon: Deal 2 damage.

Raise the mana cost of Devastator to 6 because having a yeti that pyroblasts an enemy should probably have a drawback yeah? Maybe knock Shield Slam down a peg because why does Warrior have better single target removal than rogue?

Overall, while I have enjoyed this expansion, there are have been way too many moments where I feel like a single episode of bad luck costs me the game. Rng is fine but it should be almost unnoticeable. When I play against 3 pallys , 2 mage and a warrior all in a row and they all happen to have their "I win" card on curve, it feels like shit to be honest. I don't want to feel like I lost because I was high rolled every game.

feels good to vent. I really want to enjoy this game but the power levels on some things is way too high, and while it's enjoyable for now it will ultimately burn me out very fast.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say, fuck Luna's Pocket Galaxy.

Blizzard wants to move away from Keleseth type shit and yet, a turn 5 Luna's and turn 4 Prismatic are some of the most offensive cards I have ever seen in regards to the "you have you win, you don't, you lose :(" cards printed. I guess you could throw Dr. Boom up there as well. I think moving Luna's back to 7 would be a good idea, I also think if warrior is nerfed you got to hit CC. I would like to see Prismatic moved up to 5 just for an extra turn to find my consecrate or Hysteria. Maybe Frost Nova is due for a rotation. I am so tired of freeze effects. It doesn't matter if the mage is bursting me with minion damage or spell damage if they are allowed to ignore my entire board for 3 mana. Freeze imo, is one of those effects that is par with stealth. Conceal was sent away for a reason and Blizzard have been careful not to print those effects again, but for some reason a full board freeze is okay.

Here is how I propose nerfing Dr. Boom.
Battlecry: Your mechs have +1 health for the rest of the game. (Armor Plating)
5 armor gained like every other hero card on play, because fuck memes > balance.
Blast Shield: Gain 5 armor.
Kaboom: Fine as is.
Delivery Drone: Summon a random mech.
Micro Squad: Give your mechs rush this turn.
Zap Cannon: Deal 2 damage.

Raise the mana cost of Devastator to 6 because having a yeti that pyroblasts an enemy should probably have a drawback yeah? Maybe knock Shield Slam down a peg because why does Warrior have better single target removal than rogue?

Overall, while I have enjoyed this expansion, there are have been way too many moments where I feel like a single episode of bad luck costs me the game. Rng is fine but it should be almost unnoticeable. When I play against 3 pallys , 2 mage and a warrior all in a row and they all happen to have their "I win" card on curve, it feels like shit to be honest. I don't want to feel like I lost because I was high rolled every game.

feels good to vent. I really want to enjoy this game but the power levels on some things is way too high, and while it's enjoyable for now it will ultimately burn me out very fast.

Your boom fixes are hilariously overdone.

Oct 27, 2017
Your boom fixes are hilariously overdone.
Six of the other heroes don't even have hero cards to play, and the two that do have limited value generation, I think that warrior will be fine. Just maybe not an auto include anymore and that's the point Yaboosh. Even with my proposed nerfs, Dr. Boom offers more value for a single card than almost every other card in standard. Prove me wrong.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
FWIW, if you want a deck that 8 out of ten times outvalues Warrior, I've beaten them constantly with this, its two weakness are quest/resurrection priest and classic mech hunter tho. I found that a mistake most people do with quest Shaman is creating too much hand value, add spells, minions, drawing, etc, wich in the late game nullify most of your plays, and renders Shudderwock mostly unplayable, big hand value is inevitable but prioritizing creating board is way better, also that's the reason I never put Bog Slosher in quest decks, you buff a guy and then you return it to your hand smh

This is how usually my games against warrior go, even bomb warrior if you put enough pressure, just a warning, be ready for some 15+ minutes games lol. This is at rank 5 btw, so by no means a top deck

QyfgySX.png

### Zephyr
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 1x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 1x (1) Corrupt the Waters
# 1x (1) Elven Archer
# 1x (1) Hungry Crab
# 1x (1) Sludge Slurper
# 1x (2) Baleful Banker
# 1x (2) Bug Collector
# 1x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 1x (2) EVIL Totem
# 1x (2) Novice Engineer
# 1x (2) Sandstorm Elemental
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Brightwing
# 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Body Wrapper
# 1x (4) Defender of Argus
# 1x (4) Hench-Clan Hag
# 1x (4) Lifedrinker
# 1x (4) Sandbinder
# 1x (4) SI:7 Infiltrator
# 1x (5) Barista Lynchen
# 1x (5) Big Game Hunter
# 1x (5) Faceless Lurker
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 1x (6) Unseen Saboteur
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (7) Swampqueen Hagatha
# 1x (9) Shudderwock
#
AAECAZu1Ax6cAoUDuwPeBfsF5Qf4DPkMnvAC7/ECp/cC7/cCtJEDv5gD0pgDuZkDvZkDxpkDpaED/KMDz6UD+aUDhKcD+acD/acD4agDi6kD/6sDtKwDt6wDAAA=
#

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.pcgamer.com/why-the-hell-hasnt-dr-boom-mad-genius-been-nerfed-yet/

A good article on why Dr. Boom needs to be ran into the ground and how people are wrong in blaming cards like Omega Devastator. He shouldn't be viable. At all. Nerfing him into the ground is the only way to ensure warrior can't just sit around removing stuff all day while also taking advantage a late game threat that you can't even interact with, but I'm being too hard on him, and he should still be in every warrior deck through a minor nerf because reasons. No. Dr. Boom in a way represents that last bastion of hero powers that win the games just by pressing the button and it needs to be dealt with. Even with all the quests, he sticks out like a big red sore thumb.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when some warriors didn't accept the fact that dr. boom was a very strong card. TBF, I've seen a lot of that about a lot of strong cards, but I always remember the warriors because they're like a cult... lol

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Instead of just neft the Dr Boom and conjure's calling, I think BLZ should also make some enhance and buff like Rise of the Mech towards Rumble card. Rumble is one of the worst expansions besides The Great Tournament and Karazhan. It did not shake up the meta and enhanced most of the previous set. Most of the spirits have great concept but are unplayable due to its 0/3 body, and most class LOA and its synergy did not work in the meta. Like old failed Inspire and Dual, Overkill mechanic is too consecutively-designed and huge temple loss.
Make all spirits at least 1/3 and reduce 1 mana cost of loa..

Status
Not open for further replies.