• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when some warriors didn't accept the fact that dr. boom was a very strong card. TBF, I've seen a lot of that about a lot of strong cards, but I always remember the warriors because they're like a cult... lol

there was a certain someone that was shitting on all warrior cards because they were shit and weren't going to help make a control warrior... guess that was wrong

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
So what did Blizzard do to Hearthstone?

With this expansion I've opened about 20 packs and I've received more duplicates than ever. A brand new expansion chock full of new cards, and I'm opening duplicates galore (I've had at least 5-6 copies of a couple cards), while receiving little of the cards that I need. Opening a pack, I'm lucky if I get one or two cards I don't already have. For a new expansion this shouldn't be happening so soon, and I'm left to think Blizzard has made changes to the amount of new cards they're giving to users. I think they're trying to nudge people into dropping money on the game to create what they need.

Whatever the case something's up with this game. This is not random bad luck, this is intentional, and it's seriously turning me off to Hearthstone.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its time to just prematurely rotate out every damn hero card or make them revert HP to 15 like Jarraxus.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/MCy4VnntawsmGVCnzdBTmj

Went 35 rounds against this guy like he barely even used his removal before fatigue kicks in. Also the only damn thing they added to the deck was the stupid 8 mana 3/6(why is this a mech!) and Armagedillo.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
there was a certain someone that was shitting on all warrior cards because they were shit and weren't going to help make a control warrior... guess that was wrong
Well to be fair, Dr Boom was a mediocre card pre rotation when compared to the DK's that were being played. But without all the powerful sets from before, it makes Boom just ridiculous. Like if they do nerf him to 9 mana, they'd probably have to revert him to 7 once he rotates if he's still going to be played in Wild.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
With all these Aggro decks... I'm going to be honest - I'm glad control warrior exists. I'd like more control decks from the other classes.

With this expansion I've opened about 20 packs and I've received more duplicates than ever. A brand new expansion chock full of new cards, and I'm opening duplicates galore (I've had at least 5-6 copies of a couple cards), while receiving little of the cards that I need. Opening a pack, I'm lucky if I get one or two cards I don't already have. For a new expansion this shouldn't be happening so soon, and I'm left to think Blizzard has made changes to the amount of new cards they're giving to users. I think they're trying to nudge people into dropping money on the game to create what they need.

Whatever the case something's up with this game. This is not random bad luck, this is intentional, and it's seriously turning me off to Hearthstone.

I feel the same...I spent $100 on this. And I feel horrible about it. Live and learn. I'm just going to go with Gold.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Well to be fair, Dr Boom was a mediocre card pre rotation when compared to the DK's that were being played. But without all the powerful sets from before, it makes Boom just ridiculous. Like if they do nerf him to 9 mana, they'd probably have to revert him to 7 once he rotates if he's still going to be played in Wild.
Dr Boom is extra bad in wild as it is. By turn 7 you're either almost dead from aggro, 5 turns from dead to OTK combo, or facing like 20+ health worth of stats every turn. What does dr. boom help with any of that?

A big reason Dr. Boom is so strong in standard is they built the standard meta around value trades and longer games, which is exactly Dr. Boom's specialty. It's not exactly about value creep in the sense that other warrior cards were better until the warrior cards rotated out.

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Since they keep printing those permanent uncounterable upgrade cards, nerfing boom won't solve a thing. Just shift it once again to the next troublemaker.

Blizzard needs to expand on the core mechanics of the game already and evolve Hearthstone.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I get the dinomancer combo off they try to remove two before realizing they aren't going away.

It's slow but once you get the full board they are basically done if they aren't priest or shaman.

Sep 14, 2018
Alright one and a half afternoons of control warrior was all I had in me, back to arena I go. How is arena so good all the time now, even with some cards being offered a bit too much in my opinion, there's a lot of room for skill to shine (don't laugh lol).

Ok there's a bit too much Puzzle Box going on thanks to EC being so common and apparently always offering it but other than that this arena rotation is even better than the last.

Does Blizzard still do that email where they tell you how many people you knocked out of arena? I used to get a laugh outta that, and last month I'm guessing I ended a ton of runs lol.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And im done, i cant handle this shit anymore it just makes me angry, it doesn't help that rogue doesn't have a decent removal option outside of pray to the rng gods to steal a good aoe removal. Dr Boring/Luna/Conjurers/giant are ruining the entire expansion imo, we are already back to same old same old.

Every game vs warrior is the same predictable shit.

Turn 1 crier
Turn 2 Shaggy
Turn 3 Shaggy they discovered/eternium rover armor up
Turn 4 Armor up
Turn 5 Dynomatic
Turn 6 armor up and pass or when you have a board warpath
Turn 7 Dr boring
Turn 8 Stupid fucking Tomb Warden whoever gave that a mech tag should get fired.
etc etc etc oh yeah only use brawl during fatique cause fuck it who needs removal in the mid game when you can just use your minions instead with 0 downsides.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
And im done, i cant handle this shit anymore it just makes me angry, it doesn't help that rogue doesn't have a decent removal option outside of pray to the rng gods to steal a good aoe removal. Dr Boring/Luna/Conjurers/giant are ruining the entire expansion imo, we are already back to same old same old.

Seem like Reddit is going ham on Blizzard this weekend. Reddit is always up in arms about something, but I feel like it's different this time around. Twitch numbers are plummeting, streamers are jumping ship, players are enjoying the new cards, but are being stifled by the high cost of getting competitive decks and the powerlevel of the cards we ALL know are too strong for standard play.

for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/cojxij/its_been_6_years_despite_record_profits_the/

IksarHS response: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...n_6_years_despite_record_profits_the/ewnqvig/

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Seem like Reddit is going ham on Blizzard this weekend. Reddit is always up in arms about something, but I feel like it's different this time around. Twitch numbers are plummeting, streamers are jumping ship, players are enjoying the new cards, but are being stifled by the high cost of getting competitive decks and the powerlevel of the cards we ALL know are too strong for standard play.

for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...ng_this_everyday_until_we_get_a_dev_response/

IksarHS response: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...n_6_years_despite_record_profits_the/ewnqvig/
What feels different about it this time?

Oct 25, 2017
When that content is ready for the public eye it'll be released on our official channels, but rarely if ever will these things be announced on reddit in comment form.
-iksar

immediate response asking what the features are... hs reddit is fucking dumb.

The crying about minor features is baffling. This game gets updated 3 times a year. That is what I love about hearthstone.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
-iksar

immediate response asking what the features are... hs reddit is fucking dumb.

The crying about minor features is baffling. This game gets updated 3 times a year. That is what I love about hearthstone.
Eh, the game gets 3 expansions a year, which I value greatly. But in terms of actual features and modes, it's definitely disappointing. It's why I like this year so far, because they dared to do new things. New Arena format, buffs for cards, introducing a legendary midway an expansion, nerf for problematic cards, Hall of Faming cards that weren't meant to be rotated yet.

If they continue on this round and introduce new features, HS will remain top for me.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

This is my experience for every expansion since Witchwood. I didn't preorder Uldum, and I am not spending anymore money on this game.

for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/cojxij/its_been_6_years_despite_record_profits_the/

Power creep, baby!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

well that thread is more about how limiting team 5 has been about the game, because, let's be honest, HS could have 5 more game modes by now but they never do anyhting about it, and I understand Iksar's reply, but I feel often times for the sake of keeping the game friendly for casual people (which i know they are very important in this game), they get a massive paralysis by analysis and just don't do anything, tournament mode is just a quite good example of that, and not just because every single player under the sun has been shouting at blizz at that mode, but they spent a year analysing how they could implement that and nope, they canceled everything and we lost the first chance at a new game mode after years and years of the last new one.

how nice would it be to have someting like a PTR in hearthstone PC client (to avoid "confusing" casual players on mobile) just to test new features and new modes? just for once? then cancel them if they are not good enough to keep.

I actually have no complain whatsoever about cards, meta and balance changes, because they have been stelar about it for all 2019 and even before, they will nerf warrior and very probably mage, that is a given, they just need a bit of time to know what solves it better without killing the archetype. I's just that some people need to have some patience about it, they cannot pretend to snap a finger and have their perfect games all of a sudden, balance takes time and I'm actually very surprised how good team 5 has become at making a good balance in cards and sets.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
how nice would it be to have someting like a PTR in hearthstone PC client (to avoid "confusing" casual players on mobile) just to test new features and new modes? just for once? then cancel them if they are not good enough to keep.
It would be awful. Thousands of threads: 'I really enjoyed X on PTR, why did they never go through with it?' 'They gave us Y on PTR, why cancel it all of a sudden, we need this!'

Nothing worse than announcing something, letting people play with it and dropping it after people had their hands on it.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
What feels different about it this time?

I'll start off by saying I'm enjoying Hearthstone. I'm a bit of a casual, but still paying in at this point. I used to push rank 5-Legend, but now I just do my dailies as much as I can, I pre-order almost every expansion and I genuinely enjoy playing and watching streams. I love watching Kripp play Arena, I love testing new decks and I have enough gold and dust to make whatever I want.

That said I feel the frustration of playing against the same decks over and over, the slow pace of nerfs to obviously problematic cards (even though it's faster than it was before) and the lack of a in-game tournament system. I also think the game is overly expensive, despite the fact I pour money into it most expansions.

Edit: I forgot to add what feels different. As a person who used to watch a ton of Twitch streams, Hearthstone was my entry into the Twitch world, it seems like with the numbers dwindling and streamers leaving that there is more negativity surrounding the state of the game than ever. Most of the top streamers leading up to the expansion release are new to me, good, top legend players and they spent most of the time discussing the poor state of the game. Just my impressions as someone who has been around the game and the community since the beginning.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It would be awful. Thousands of threads: 'I really enjoyed X on PTR, why did they never go through with it?' 'They gave us Y on PTR, why cancel it all of a sudden, we need this!'

Nothing worse than announcing something, letting people play with it and dropping it after people had their hands on it.

I think chances are if the feature got to a PTR phase, it would be pretty much guaranteed to make it to the live product but perhaps altered. I dunno if the game needs a PTR or what the real benefit would be to the developers. I don't think they're going to fine tune any balance off a PTR compared to live and I feel like we'd be at best testing tavern brawls... unless they announce a new mode or something.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I think chances are if the feature got to a PTR phase, it would be pretty much guaranteed to make it to the live product but perhaps altered. I dunno if the game needs a PTR or what the real benefit would be to the developers. I don't think they're going to fine tune any balance off a PTR compared to live and I feel like we'd be at best testing tavern brawls... unless they announce a new mode or something.
Sure. I was mostly replying to the 'then cancel them if not good enough' part of the post though :P I also don't think PTR would do much good for the game, at least currently.

I'll start off by saying I'm enjoying Hearthstone. I'm a bit of a casual, but still paying in at this point. I used to push rank 5-Legend, but now I just do my dailies as much as I can, I pre-order almost every expansion and I genuinely enjoy playing and watching streams. I love watching Kripp play Arena, I love testing new decks and I have enough gold and dust to make whatever I want.

That said I feel the frustration of playing against the same decks over and over, the slow pace of nerfs to obviously problematic cards (even though it's faster than it was before) and the lack of a in-game tournament system. I also think the game is overly expensive, despite the fact I pour money into it most expansions.

Edit: I forgot to add what feels different. As a person who used to watch a ton of Twitch streams, Hearthstone was my entry into the Twitch world, it seems like with the numbers dwindling and streamers leaving that there is more negativity surrounding the state of the game than ever. Most of the top streamers leading up to the expansion release are new to me, good, top legend players and they spent most of the time discussing the poor state of the game. Just my impressions as someone who has been around the game and the community since the beginning.
As someone who's also been here since close to the beginning, it honestly does not feel that different. People've been complaining about deck costs, bad meta (aggro, combo, OP cards, onesided deckbuilding, control heavy or whatever), lack of features, dust and so much more since forever.

It's the problem with Reddit, it's easy Karma and hiveminded thinking that results in nothing. And then they do it again, and again, and again until Blizzard does something and they go 'We did it, Reddit!'. Positivity hardly has a place there when people are going after one or two thing(s) in particular.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

that's the analysis by paralysis I mentioned, they are contantly so afraid of making any change in regards to features and modes that they end up doing nothing, I mentioned that as a solution, 1 possible solution, 1 possible thing, that's the solution implemented in overwatch and I totally get that is not equal to HS and any minimal change in HS changes drastically how it behaves, but they had years in this... a single solution must have came up in that time. Although I guess I'm too harsh on them, they are kinda a small team (or were, they have been expanding) and the pipeline of new cards 3 times a year is actually brutal, balancing all of them is not easy.

I just want new game modes to use the cards, some tavern brawls have made very successful in that and it makes me everytime wishing to have them somewhat permanent or more mantained

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Reddit sure went past the "this is OP" to "this game is a ripoff" phase rather fast this time.

I do think people feel it is harder to keep up, even if they throw money at the game. Especially since the old Highlander decks started with cards from an adventure and now it is all packs.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reddit sure went past the "this is OP" to "this game is a ripoff" phase rather fast this time.

I do think people feel it is harder to keep up, even if they throw money at the game. Especially since the old Highlander decks started with cards from an adventure and now it is all packs.

well, yeah I think this is also a longtime valid concern, and this is also exacerbated by the fact that reno deck are fun and they have been played by most streamers precisely because of it, but they require a lot of legendaries, I think thijs, one of the biggest streamers of the game, ran one with 9 legendaries, that probably crushes the hopes of a lot of people to build the deck.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
well, yeah I think this is also a longtime valid concern, and this is also exacerbated by the fact that reno deck are fun and they have been played by most streamers precisely because of it, but they require a lot of legendaries, I think thijs, one of the biggest streamers of the game, ran one with 9 legendaries, that probably crushes the hopes of a lot of people to build the deck.

I actually checked HSReplay before I made the post and the atm "best performing" Mage Highlander runs 10 legendaries (and 7 epics to round things out). I just laughed and closed the window.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually checked HSReplay before I made the post and the atm "best performing" Mage Highlander runs 10 legendaries (and 7 epics to round things out). I just laughed and closed the window.

I would also say that's kind of an ilusion, reno decks are quite fun to play, but they are also very expensive, other like murloc paladin use a ton of the previous murlocs (I think most of the existent ones) a few legendaries (that also have replacements) and it has good winrates, the concern rises because a lot of streamers are playing those decks and people like them, but there are other valid options.

Still, I also think they should be allowed to somehow play them

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BTW guys, did I tell you already that quest paladin destroys control warriors? because they do, and it feels to cathartic to get back at them

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quest Paladin has the same issue quest rogue had. If the opponent is a reactive deck you win. If it has good things to do early you lose. Hearthstone just has a limited amount of things you can even do to balance across archetypes.
I don't mind too much since I just concede matchups I'm not interested in but for competitive fools it's got to be frustrating.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard is just too fucking greedy.

5ox52q2frmf31.jpg

Even the 2017 season is paltry compared to other TCG's like Yugioh Duel links which has events every single week and sales on card packs etc.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I feel the complaints about general features are amplified by a general disatsifaction with the current meta... Which isn't a good thing when the new set just came out.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's further amplified by people continuing to play a game they haven't actually enjoyed playing for quite some time and have an unrealistic expectation that the game is actually capable of drawing them back in and being the game they think they want. I imagine the gacha hooks help keep people playing more than many would like to admit.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I think it's further amplified by people continuing to play a game they haven't actually enjoyed playing for quite some time and have an unrealistic expectation that the game is actually capable of drawing them back in and being the game they think they want. I imagine the gacha hooks help keep people playing more than many would like to admit.

This is an excellent observation. Sunk cost fallacy is helluva powerful force for keeping people playing long beyond the point of enjoyment, which also means the player pool is filled with toxic, unhappy people.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else at least the highlander legendaries weren't a complete bust. That would have been a crazy bummer. Except for Elise I guess. Poor Elise.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else at least the highlander legendaries weren't a complete bust. That would have been a crazy bummer. Except for Elise I guess. Poor Elise.

RDU is using a really interesting deck with it and malygos, and I can say it actually works... it's a little tough to pilot, but it can do a lot.

I would say finley is just not good at all, paladin is not in a position to play him, and the murloc deck barely uses him if at all

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I've used Finley for some wins in the tavern brawl with murloc pally.

I put that HIghlander Quest Hunter deck together, I don't actually own Cairne so I subbed in the Wild Bloodstinger, or whatever it's called, the 6/9 dirty rat. Went up against bomb warrior game one. Went long. Wrecked him. Wild Bloodstinger pulled a Phaoris? Good times had by one.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
5 to legend in hsreplay actually has Combo Priest as the best deck, but probably only because it hard counters the actual best deck.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I went with a budget Murloc Paladin deck until the meta settles down. Didn't spend money on the expansion and already got one Tip the Scales from my packs. I just had to ditch Nomi and the new legendaries, but it has been fun so far.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
5 to legend in hsreplay actually has Combo Priest as the best deck, but probably only because it hard counters the actual best deck.

squidyj was right

I've been having success with Midrange Beast Hunter actually. Hunter has always been a good counter to Warrior. You just put a ton of consistent pressure on them and, if needed, close the game out with a big Zul'jin turn.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Here's a pretty cool Egg Lackey Warlock I came up with for standard when playing around with nerubian egg in wild and realizing they basically rereleased it in Uldam with one less attack.

### Zoolack
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Grim Rally
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 2x (1) Soul Infusion
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Spirit Bomb
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 1x (2) Lost Spirit
# 2x (2) Scarab Egg
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) EVIL Recruiter
# 2x (4) Violet Teacher
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
#
AAECAfqUAwSvBObuAo+CA4KlAw0wzgeFCMII8fcC0/gC3IYDxIkDtJEDiJ0D+qQD/KQDvaYDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Status
Not open for further replies.